dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by kaNovi:

How many scout can you get ? im in L2 and i can only get 3.. the last year with gateshead i could only get 4 even though i had the biggest team in th e world

They tell me 2 & I have 3, 2 English & 1 Italian scout but might add to that during the summer. So much depends on what I do with the playing staff.

Incidentally I came 19th not 20th, was 20th before my last game & didn't check it after I won.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Hendon - League 2 - 2011/2012

Well I've literally just played the last league game of the season & thankfull managed to finish in 20th place & avoid relegation. Partly due to having good form for the last 10-15 games & also partly due to the fact those below me were pretty damn awfull.

I ended the season with £150k balance which isn't great but least it's not a debt. I'm getting rid of Chelsea as they didn't really help very much as I was only able to loan really really young players who weren't much use to me. I think a slightly smaller club would be better & probably should have stuck with Fulham but we'll see who I get when I can cancel this one & ask for a new one during the summer. As for the rest, well I've got ALOT of work to be done as I think my squad is pretty poor for this division. I have maybe 3 players who I think are good enough so yeah I have a real task to get ready for next season.

League 2 Final Table 2011/2012

Club Finances

Club Transfers

You're in league 1icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

I just lost my best player to hibs. icon_frown.gif

I can spell very good.

I didn't realise he only had 3 months left and he accept them over me, with 0 compensation icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

unlucky.....

And winning league 2 broke my board.Again.

I had that happen when I won the BSS, the league bonus made me go into the red. Now the players are miffed because of low league bonus yet I went for High cup bonus considering how we did. These bonus are killing my finaces.

King's Lynn 2009-2010 BSP End of season Review

A very decent and un-expected start saw King's Lynn sitting 3rd after Gameweek 7. However the form dipped after that - 7 games later we were 15th icon_frown.gif

Improved the situation quite a bit till Gameweek 23, but then the real miracle started - 18 matches unbeaten. 18 matches icon_eek.gif

The transfers were posted earlier, but a part in the unbeaten run was played by the winter additions - Rob Atkinson and Irish prospect Sean Scannell

Things were looking perfectly rosy, until schedule troubles kicked in. At the start of April I had to play away to Tamworth on the 3rd, away to Kettering on the 5th and home to fellow hopefulls Rochdale on the 6th. 3 games in 4 days icon_mad.gif

Tamworth was dispatched easily 3-0. And for the Kettering game I did the only sensible thing - let my reserves try to get a result. 1-0 loss, end of the 18 match unbeaten run, and the loss of the 1st place to brillant Rushden. icon_frown.gif

A draw at home to Rochdale and victories over York and Stafford saw me sitting 2nd in the league on goal difference with 1 game to go. And what came next were the best 10 (or so) minutes I experienced with King's Lynn. icon14.gificon14.gif The home game to Boston Utd

I was resigned to playing in the playoffs. My fans however thought differently. And thanks to them...

Boston Utd thriller

My motivational skills

The happiness was tripled as Rushden only managed a home draw with Chester icon14.gifLeague table League graph

Absolutely brilliant. After a playoffs promotion from BSN King's Lynn actually won the BSP. This brought me the well-earned Manager of the year award, and the rising managerial talent was linked to League 1 7th placed Stockport and 6th placed Northampton

Bring on League 2 icon_biggrin.gif

P.S - fearing the worst tbf. Just have a feeling we are not ready for League 2 yet icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by jvovk22:

Oh, and of course I got the Confidence Bug too icon_mad.gif

Has anyone got sacked, (or at least not offered a new contract), where it can't be suggested that there were other contributing factors?

I know the original case also had an issue with hugh expectation and money can be an issue on occasion, but has anyone been all fine everywhere else except this and still been shpwn the door?

I finished 4th and got into the play-off, where I drew Tamworth who smashed me at home 8-4. The game then crashes, I go back and have to play a 4 league games, which sees me up against Tamworth again (it was nailed on, Kettering were miles away in 2nd and Histon were no where near in 5th)

Just make things a bit juicy. The two top scorers in the league play for both these teams. They are both on loan and are both far too good to play in this league. The pre-match analysis has this to say: Analysis

!st Leg

2nd Leg

That's the same tactics that saw me beat them 4-3 in the league and get destroyed 8-4, not mention a dull 0-0 earlier in the season! But that's football I guess.

I feel a tad guilty but it'll go when my computer screws me over I'm sure...

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The best game however was at home against Port Vale where I started the first half in the same style as I won league 2 with last season. Total domination & was 3-0 up very soon into the game. Conceeded a goal before half time after a bad pass back but we went on to score 4 more goals in the 2nd half, we also had 2 goals chalked off to some dispare from my team.

With 10 minutes left we got an injury to my sub striker & had to play with 10 men as I'd used 3 subs just before. We conceeded 2 late goals after this but still won 7-3 to give us a real fighting chance.

Spurs1979.

If you have time would you mind uploading the match to the ftp which can be found here.

Then when you have done that can you post the name of the file and a brief desctiption here please.

Thanks in advance on congratulations on your change in fortune icon14.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No because it was a freak result & was normal, stop telling people to upload everything you don't agree with as a fault </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well said spurs1979 hes been doing my head in queering my 12-0 win when others had been winning with big scores and wanting me to prove evrything

most of us are trying to play the game using the few rules laid down at start

even some of these hes not happy with especially the loaning of players by parent clubs in premier league to teams in bsp/bsn/bss he thinks this would never happen but 1 loan player from west ham my parent club has just signed for me full time after 2 seasons on loan obviously he was not upto premiership/championship standard

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jvovk22:

Oh, and of course I got the Confidence Bug too icon_mad.gif

Has anyone got sacked, (or at least not offered a new contract), where it can't be suggested that there were other contributing factors?

I know the original case also had an issue with hugh expectation and money can be an issue on occasion, but has anyone been all fine everywhere else except this and still been shpwn the door? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not get a new contract with halesowen after been promoted, and it was only because of that.. every other bar was green....

andy139s. ROFL icon_biggrin.gif

You volounteered to upload your save game.

and just to keep Jimbokav1971 and kaNovi happy how do i get a .pkm file to upload just to prove it is not a bug

As for the parent club loans, that's just my opinion and an idea for next season. You need to take things less seriously is this sort of thing is doig your head in.

I think it's hiarious that you don't think a 12-0 result warrants reporting as a bug icon_biggrin.gif but that's entirely up to you.

I've made it clear that it's in no way a criticism of you or the way you play, purely a comment that if you send the info in, then the people in the know will be in a more informed position to make a decision. I've commented in this way on every post that has mentioned a big score and yours was no different. At no time did I deman anything. I just politely asked that you do something that would ultimately benefit all of us.

For whatever reason, you chose not to and that's entirely up to you.

Apologies if this demanding and post has "done your head in" icon_rolleyes.gif.

3Sixty's Chippenham Town Update 2012-2013

After 3 consecutive titles it felt rather strange not to be in the race.

But a respectful 12th and i good 2nd half to the season gives me something to build on.

Table

The transfersfew good "ins" there, building me up for next season.

The squad

The ever impressive Jason White

Personally my favorite signing,Camille "Clubber" Lang

However my contract is up for renewal and yep you guessed it.

Confidence

Looks like my chairman has got dementia.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jvovk22:

To the League 2/League 1 guys. When does the board allow scouting not only with England?

Mines still only within England... League 1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pity. Just noticed 3Sixty signed a guy from MAribor, and hoped Icould do something like that too icon_frown.gif

Guys, I'm taking a break from the challenge until the patch comes out. Like some people I'm finding the amount of goals being scored unrealistic and dont feel I can do Halesowen justice! Going back to pre-patch and Gundo's challenge for a bit.

See you back here shortly I'm sure. icon14.gif

Originally posted by jvovk22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

To the League 2/League 1 guys. When does the board allow scouting not only with England?

Mines still only within England... League 1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pity. Just noticed 3Sixty signed a guy from MAribor, and hoped Icould do something like that too icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the player appears on your player search screen and you can get them at the club on trial, you are free to sign them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

i can scout UK & Ireland in L2

I meant this. But I've always been able to do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've always been able to scout in Ireland?

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

i can scout UK & Ireland in L2

I meant this. But I've always been able to do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've always been able to scout in Ireland? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Almost positive I have been, its always been "within this region" which includes Ireland as far as I know? I just never bothered with scouting Ireland because I have all the knowledge from my nationality

I'm constantly forced to buy absolute nobodies just look at this joker.

I've never even attempted to buy this lad due to all the stigma, but needs must and all.

I also need a ruling on a potential transfer target, it's look a bug, but maybe not. Searching for new players and all I noticed this guy at the top of my screen.

Player in question - He has now 2nd nationality and plays in Malta, so why is he in my Player Search Filter? AFter a little scouting around my staff I discover this about my GK Coach.

What's a guy to do, I'd like to sign him but my head says it well dodgy!

Originally posted by Storzy:

I'm constantly forced to buy absolute nobodies just look at this joker.

I've never even attempted to buy this lad due to all the stigma, but needs must and all.

I also need a ruling on a potential transfer target, it's look a bug, but maybe not. Searching for new players and all I noticed this guy at the top of my screen.

Player in question - He has NO 2nd nationality and plays in Malta, so why is he in my Player Search Filter? After a little scouting around my staff I discover this about my GK Coach.

What's a guy to do, I'd like to sign him but my head says it well dodgy!

Edit

Archived