dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Just been offered a 3 year contract extension by the Hendon board with the aim of establishing myself as a blue square premiership by the end of it. Good job I've just got promoted from it as it gives me a comfort zone! icon_wink.gif

I have only 12 players I feel ok for my squad next season so lots of work to do this summer, including getting new backroom staff to assist my playing staff well.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halesowen Town, BSPremier - 2010/11

Massively disappointing season. This really was a lesson in football manager for me. My tactics failed, I tweaked and altered but to no avail. The players I brought in were not good enough and the loanees never quite lived up to the hope I placed on them. Coupled with this, my main man, Daryl Clare had two 3 month injuries that disrupted his season. To be fair if he'd been fit all season his goals may have just kept us up.

League Table

League Graph icon_frown.gif

Our Finances

List of far too many average transfers

Finally the club info

Hopes for next season:

Bouncebackability icon_confused.gif

Cut the squad in half (currently have 41 players) - deadwood all over the place!

Steady the finances

Summer hopes:

Not get sacked... icon_frown.gif

Wish me luck

Chippenham - Blue Square South - End of season 09/10

League Table

Position Graph

Playoffs

Playoffs final

Confidence

Finances

This season I wanted to try to make it to the play-offs. Things weren't looking good as the media predicted me to be 21st. Things quickly looked different as I was undefeated the first 12 matches. My main strength this season was my team’s ability to score goals. I had two quick strikers up front scoring 82 goals together.

With two games to go I was still in first position, but I lost and Salisbury took over. They were 1 point ahead of me and we both played a draw our last match meaning I had to go to the playoffs. The semi final proved to be easy, as I slammed the other team with 8-2 over both matches. The final was a real thriller with 1-1 after 90 minutes, 2-2 after extra time and a darn bad start of my penalty shoot-out. But I won, and I feel like I deserve it.

Transfers

Squad

My best players:

Tristan Plummer

Serge Makofo

Mark O'Connor

Ashan Holgate

Mark Jermyn

Season 08/09 - Blue Square South - 16th - Balance: € 108K

Season 09/10 - Blue Square South - 2nd - Balance: € 277K

Originally posted by RockLobster:

here how do you guys find all those promising islanders? i only have about 4 from Montserrat in my player search after 1 & a bit seasons icon_confused.gif

In my first game with halesowen i found my self quite a few good islanders, but in this game im playing now i have only founded one who has potential.

I believe that there would pop some more up about 2010.. but im not sure, i think i have read it in here

Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Ouch iacovone !

Looks like its going to be a hard season, if you do not get the sack, with those finances!

But GL

Yep gonna be tough, I've got a feeling I may be the first to be relegated?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear this mate :

A bit late i know but im about to start this challenge (game is in holiday mode now) icon14.gif

Im hoping Leyton FC come up but very much doubt it even if i load it over 100 times.

will report back when got my team and post screenshots of my manager profile etc.

Will also register on the site for this challenge.

In my first season (as I am sure those of you who read everything here know icon_wink.gif) and I have just been offered 37 year old Andy (Andrew) Cole for free by Walsall - his stats still look great for the BSN - pace and acceleration still both 10 - however, I guess his current wages of £1,800 per week means he will never come to me icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by RockLobster:

here how do you guys find all those promising islanders? i only have about 4 from Montserrat in my player search after 1 & a bit seasons icon_confused.gif

British virgin islanders are the best.

I've had This guy from my first season.

Now if only i could get him to beat a snail in the 100m he'd be a great player.

arghh icon_mad.gif

ive made a mistake on the site for this challenge.

I just signed up to it and accidentley done an update as if ive finished a season when ive only just started so is there a way this can be undone/reset?

please someone point it out to the site admin/mod as im not sure how yet as still finding my way around the site.

Cheers icon14.gif

Originally posted by DanielM_90:

arghh icon_mad.gif

I just signed up to it and accidentley done an update as if ive finished a season when ive only just started so is there a way this can be undone/reset?

please someone point it out to the site admin/mod as im not sure how yet as still finding my way around the site.

Cheers icon14.gif

Can I suggest go to option in the top right corner, and select end game, and then go to profile and reenter the initial team/profile image again. And dont do anything else then until you have conpleted a season.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DanielM_90:

arghh icon_mad.gif

Cheers icon14.gif

Can I suggest go to option in the top right corner, and select end game, and then go to profile and reenter the initial team/profile image again. And dont do anything else then until you have conpleted a season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done

thanks for that. icon14.gif

Originally posted by iacovone:

Top effort kaNovi. Good luck staying up

Thanx, so have you been sacked ? how are the board confidence ?

I have 3 games left and im save, but im must admit that im dissapointed in my team, they should be able to do better, some of the games are just awful

Hendon - League 2 - 2010/2011

Season Preview

Staff Changes

Well I had a hell of a job sorting my squad out as I only had 12 players who I deemed anywhere close to good enough for league 2 & I also set about sorting my staff out also with a more appropriate standard for this league. I first set about sorting my backroom staff & had great pleasure in hiring a favourite of mine Teddy Sheringham to be my new assistant manager, he takes over from Scott Sellars who moves into a coaches role within the club. I also Dominic Matteo, Dougie Freedman, David Oldfield & Italian gk coach Ivano Bordon to give myself a decent coaching setup. I am still on the look out for some new scouts but currently there arent any suitable for what I am aspiring for so will leave my 2 scouts as they are for now & continue my search during the season.

Staff movement

Playing Staff Changes

As I have previously noted I considered myself only to have 12 players good enough for my squad this season so a big task was set about, I've recently been doing a scouting mission of UK & Ireland with a few youngsters due to be signed in the coming month but I have already added some players to the squad ready for the start of the season & I am happy to say I believe it's a decent first XI that shouldnt have any problems staying in the league.

With finances extremely low & zero funds available I was limited to free transfers & I bought in 2 more ex Tottenham youngsters to add to the 3 I had at the club from the previous season. John Obika & Adam Smith were both released by Tottenham & accepted my contract offers, I believe Adam Smith will be my first choice right back this season & John Obika will be backup but a star for the future I believe.

I also raided Tottenham for 2 more players in season long loans in the form of Danny Rose & Norwegian Dag Aleksander Olsen who are both in my plans to be first choice players in midfield & up front respectively. Three more loan players came in from my parent club Fulham in the form of goalkeeper Ricardo Batista who was at Hendon for 3 months last season to cover for an injury & impressed me so much I bought him back for a full season to fight it out for the jersey. Coming with him were young prodigy Daniel Owusu, the Ghanian U21 international surprised me somewhat by accepting my loan offer but I believe he'll be pivotal to my success this season if he settles into my midfield. The final loan signing which is a 3 month short term deal to provide cover whilst I sort out my full time contract deals is Adam Watts who again was here last season for 3 months to provide cover & impressed enough to be given another chance to get some first team football heere.

Transfers

This leaves myself with a small squad right now but I hope to add 5 or 6 youngsters to this as cover for the season & maybe a few more depending on who I can find from my scouting missions taking place right now.

Current Squad

Season Targets

I again didn't want to be too confident just yet with my prediction to the board as I still had a long way to go before securing the services of enough players to have a decent squad so predicted that I would simply avoid relegation this season, nothing major but hopefully enough to solidify my presence in the football league. I am pleased to say that Hendon's chairman Geoff Platt made the decision to make the club a profressional club with all staff on full time contracts, this pleases me as it enables me to bring youth through much more efficiently so will start to build a youth squad for the coming season(s).

My finances are very settled as I am again below my wage budget this season currently so am in the black to the tune of £85k which isn't much but enables me to stay comfortable for now. My club reputation has changed from Obscure to Local & I'm happy to say my own reputation has changed from unproved to regional.

Club Info

Club Finances

Manager Profile

Just been hit with a bit of an injury/suspension crisis. And with only 3 strikers i consider capable of scoring goals losing one of them is always a blow. Overall however we are looking strong in the league with just 1 defeat in 14 games so far (cue 5 match losing streak)

One question i do want to put out there to the few of us who have participated in all 3 of dafuges challenges so far. Have you/did you found it easier with each new game? I must admit back in the FM06 challenge i was quite lucky as i signed simply a bunch of random players and got quite a few lucky gems that propelled me up the leagues. This year however i find myself knowing exactly the sort of players i need to succeed and find myself close to the top of the league in my first season because of it.

Originally posted by kaNovi:

Spurs, isnt it quite a small squad you have ? i mean 5 injuries and you are pretty much screwed icon_smile.gif

I tend to adapt to the season as it goes along to be honest & as I said I was in the process of sorting a few deals out for backup players but I was on the eve of my first game so wanted to do the report then rather then after I had sorted a few deals out.

I've since signed 5 backup players & hopefully 2 more will come then I'll be happy with my squad for now.

Originally posted by kccircle:

Chelmsford

Season two - play offs again icon_frown.gif

Last time I got whipped in the final

Just got that wonderful message that the board are considering replacements for me. FFS - I'm in the play offs having come second.

If I get sacked can I just add myself again and continue? icon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

Chelmsford

Season two - play offs again icon_frown.gif

Last time I got whipped in the final

Just got that wonderful message that the board are considering replacements for me. FFS - I'm in the play offs having come second.

If I get sacked can I just add myself again and continue? icon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got that first season to but they offered a new contract. Then second season it said they didnt think they can afford to keep me so were finding replacements if I left the club.

Scary stuff!

Season End Prescott Cables 10/11

10292007014310vx2.jpg]League Table[/url]

Before the season start i would have been very happy if i knew i would get a 15 position. BUT..

We were playing great footy, but did NOT score enough goals. My most scoring striker scored just 12 goals in 31 matches, which is not good enough !

10292007014611tn0.jpg]Aaron Mooy[/url]

I knew before the season that i did not have enough quality up front but could not find any1 who where better.

My wingers wasnt great either.

The best players of the season was :

10292007014902dw3.jpgBircham[/url] I was delighted when i got him, and he repayd my faith by beeing the backbone of the midfield.

10292007015030oq9.jpg]Mihaylov[/url] Decent play in most games and always very consistent

Thats about it for the players..

For the next season i will look to offload my only islander

10292007015224zl4.jpg]Davidson[/url]

I should be able to command a transfer fee of at least 300k , a lot of championship clubs has been enquring about him, and he wants to move.

So for that money the next season i would be looking to get some new players in:

1st choice-> Two strikers that can bang in the goals, maybee 1 target man

2d Choice- > a right winger to replace davison.

3rd Choice -> a goalie, my first choice has good stats but has been really inconsistent!

For the next season i hope for a top 10 place, and i think i should be able to get that with the players at my disposal

KaNovi - leave your pics in full on paint and they look bigger on the screen.

At the moment you cannot click on them to make them bigger and from experience I used to decrease the size on paint as it looked too big and got the same size as you get now

btw - well done on getting to Lg 2 so quickly

At the moment you cannot click on them to make them bigger and from experience I used to decrease the size on paint as it looked too big and got the same size as you get now

Im using Imageshack Quickshot so ill see in the program if i can make em bigger icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

Im using Imageshack Quickshot so ill see in the program if i can make em bigger icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have a scan through other posters images - maybe its photobucket that are bigger?

I thought it was down to how you save them as a file in paint on your pc?

Archived