dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After my long run of wins I then ended up losing twice & drawing once in 4 games to leave myself in 5th spot. Whilst still being only 8 points off the leaders I'm only 1 point above 6th placed Rochdale & only 4 ahead of 7th placed Crawley.

With 9 games to go everything to play for from 1st to 7th place, I just hope I can cling onto a play off spot to give myself a chance of promotion.

I just hope my luck will change sooner rather then later as I've had 4 red cards in the last 7 games & injuries to 3 key players have left me very think on playing staff. Sooner this clears up & I can get back to playing a full strength team the more confidence I'll have!

Next up though is a setanta shield semi final against Rochdale ...

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Ive signed a couple of broad knowing coaches, and im pleased with my knowledge for a league 2 team! take a look:

http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10282007171913np0.jpg

How much do you other guys have ?

Is it just me or has it taken you about a day to reach League 2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats right.. ive been simulating the cup matches when i knew i didnt stand a chance, and usually i ónly use commentary, i watch the important matches and the matches when im in a bad run.. but i dont think its that fast, normally i can finish a season in 8-10 hours

Originally posted by kaNovi:

Thats right.. ive been simulating the cup matches when i knew i didnt stand a chance, and usually i ónly use commentary, i watch the important matches and the matches when im in a bad run.. but i dont think its that fast, normally i can finish a season in 8-10 hours

That'll be why it's going so fast then.

I must admit I'm getting rather obsessed with watching the matches at the moment, some of the football my team are playing at times is magical. I may not be storming my way through the leagues but it's brilliant to watch. Quite strange since I started my Chippenham career playing horrible long ball football.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

I must admit I'm getting rather obsessed with watching the matches at the moment, some of the football my team are playing at times is magical. I may not be storming my way through the leagues but it's brilliant to watch. Quite strange since I started my Chippenham career playing horrible long ball football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im doing the same Dafuge, I was sitting about 8th in December and was losing a massive amount of goals and only winning games because I could score more. So I changed my tactics going from a passing attacking game to a more direct counter attack and Ive jst won my 10th league game on the bounce, im sitting joint top 30 games played icon_biggrin.gif

Well I started the semi final without my captain Livermore & my attacking midfielder Dadson so had to make a few changes, I opted to shift Griffiths into the centre of midfield to cover for Livermore & play squad player Henry on the left of the 3 midfielders. I also decided to try my luck playing Ademeno as my AMC in hope his pace & ability to take players on whilst having a good long shot would cause problems against there tight defence.

The first half was just as I expected & how the league games have gone, Rochdale don't play a very attcking style but counter attack with a very defensive team. I've always found them extremely hard to break down & to create clear chances but they have good strikers who can punish me with only a few chances needed. The game went on with me having most of the play but as expected not creating any clear cut chances, whilst I restricted them to only 1 shot in the first half I only had 3 myself.

My players were playing ok & it didn't look like I'd lose so I left things the same in hope I'd finally break them down, in the 54th minute I was rewarded when good play by Osborne set Wilson free just inside there half, he shifted past there central midfielder & made his way towards there right back area only to unleash an awesome shot from 30 yards that left the keeper with no chance.

The half carried on in the same manner & was a pretty boring affair but I got the win & am in the final!

Match stats

I must admit I'm getting rather obsessed with watching the matches at the moment, some of the football my team are playing at times is magical. I may not be storming my way through the leagues but it's brilliant to watch. Quite strange since I started my Chippenham career playing horrible long ball football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, i havent been playing so good football, and the other years i have done the same as now, and usually i begin to watch the games more. i have played 5-6 games in L2 and i have watch all of them.

I dont know why, i just think i like to watch my matches more when im in league football icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andy139s:

what a game 29-0 shots

and the final score was 12-0

Can I see a picture of hines from your game? He doesn't look spectacular in mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pic of Hines think he'll be player of season

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andy139s:

what a game 29-0 shots

andy139s

I hope you're providing the bugs forum with info like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not bug they had 2 sent off and my tactics were better than theirs and also the quality of my squad is way better than theirs

Hitchin minor update BS Premier - season 09/10

After 15 matched we're 8th in the table, much better then I expected.

There have been a few new players in and a few out, including my first sale for money. £75k for a player worth £6k, of course he's been playing well for them icon_frown.gif

At least the money that the board gave me (£26k) has helped me to buy a player to fill my troublesome left back spot.

After spending last season with only a pair of poor keepers I managed to sign a couple of good ones. Russell Howarth is an ex-England U21 keeper and also played for York, but I won't hold that against him. My only concern with him is his habit of parrying shots back into danger icon_mad.gif

because of that he's only kept 5 clean skeets in 15 games and conceeded 13 goals.

I might give LLoyd Saxton a run in the first team sooner then I would like.

Also new to the team is Aaron Lescott, Joleon's older and less Klingon like brother. As you can see from that screenshot he's been a very, very bad boy. 8 games, 5 yellow cards and 3 reds; two were for violent conduct. One more and he's out of the door and I'll get someone else in who doesn't cost me games.

I've also signed Chris Arthur after he was released by QPR, he was on loan last season and did well. Also his QPR team mate Harry Smart has joined and seems to pick up a couple more bookings then I would like.

I also got a couple of ex-Watford youngsters who may prove to be pretty decent in the long run.

Highlight of the transfers is getting Baidoo on loan again \o/

Just a quick mini update, this season has been a disaster right from the start! Its 2010/11 and our first in the BSP.

However despite being in the relegation zone all season and shipping goals for fun, it seems with 6 games to go my players have finally realised what's at stake. 2 back to back wins have closed the gap on safety to 6 points. Only 5 games remaining. If we survive it will be nothing short of a miracle. Full update later this evening...

Absolutely cruel table finish but hopefully i'll get through on playoffs though. Money shouldnt be much of an issue next season though: just got a ridiculous 140K offer for Zavon Hines from Weymouth so i'll be able to rake in some quality players for next season if i havn't been sacked by then(said we would finish top of the league on the first season. Foolish, perhaps?)

Originally posted by andy139s:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

what a game 29-0 shots

andy139s

its not bug they had 2 sent off and my tactics were better than theirs and also the quality of my squad is way better than theirs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs. Of course it's a bug. When was a last time you saw a..... forget it.

Originally posted by jvovk22:

King's Lynn - Season 2008-2009 review

After the very harsh September things continued the same way. Hard fought victories time from time, and losses just as often. Luckily - only Kettering and Southport were doing great, while the rest stumbled as often as I did.

6 games to the end of the season found me falling to the 5th place, but a good finish saw me go up to 3rd after all. League positions graph

That meant play-offs for me. And the Nuneaton as my opponent in the semis. To say I was extremely pleased with that is a massive understatement. Lost my home game in the season to them 2-4, but the away game was the best I had in the year - Nuneaton away

The semis started with the easy part - the away game icon_wink.gif.

Blue Square North Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

The hattrick of Chris Martin made it 10 goals scored in 3 games for him against Nuneaton icon_biggrin.gif. However, the confident victory came with a price. A knock recieved by Michael Spillane, my only brilliant midfielder put him out for 1-3 weeks. And that meant missing the Playoff final if I got there. A real tragedy for King's Lynn.

Blue Square North Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

A man of the match performance from my GK meant the mini-tradition of away victories between our clubs was broken. King's Lynn were through to the Final icon14.gif However this time with the only semi-decent LB getting a knock.

On the day of the Final against Southport the mood was pessimistic. Lost both league games to them, and Spillane and the LB only resumed light training and were at 70% condition both. I was so desperate for at least a chance of winning the Final though, that both of them went into the starting 11.

After me telling the lads that they can win it, the game started. And on the 29th minute the genius that is Chris Martin put us one up. It fell apart quickly after that. 1-2 down at HT icon_frown.gif

Gave them the same talk. You can win it icon_biggrin.gif And inspired by my words Martin scored the equalizer just seconds after the game re-started. We simply couldn't lose this game anymore. And after withstanding heavy pressure for the rest of the 2-nd half Martin ran away on a counter-attack and got himself a hat-trick on the 88th minute. Absolutely brilliant game, and King's Lynn are getting promoted icon_smile.gif

Spillane and the LB played all 90 minutes icon_razz.gif

Blue Square North Playoff Final

Chris Martin with 54 goals in 48 games deservedly won the Player of the Season in the league, while I was 2nd in the Manager of the Season.

Cups

FA Cup

2nd Qual. Rnd

King's Lynn 2-2 Harlow

Harlow 2-4 King's Lynn

3rd Qual. Rnd

Braintree 0-3 King's Lynn

4th Qual. Rnd

King's Lynn 2-0 Histon

1st Round

King's Lynn 1-6 Bristol Rovers icon_biggrin.gif

Setanta Shield

1st Rnd

King's Lynn 6-1 Workington

2nd Rnd

Harrogate 2-3 King's Lynn

3rd Rnd

Stalybridge 3-2 King's Lynn

FA Trophy

1st Rnd

Kettering 2-2 King's Lynn

King's Lynn 1-0 Kettering

2nd Rnd

King's Lynn 1-1 Chester

Chester 3-1 King's Lynn (after ET)

Board delighted with all cup performances

That's about it icon_smile.gif

wp sire icon_cool.gif

hm.. any of you who have problems with the moral ?

I have been playing ok in the league and im no 12 which is really good for my team, i have had an okay run with 2 wins in a row, but the moral seems to be bad all them time even though i win?

Has anyone seen any new players added to their clubs favoured personnel list yet?

I've finished 5 seasons now, and Robin McStravick has won the fans player of the year for four of them, and scored 103 goals for the club, even he's not on there.

Has anyone seen any new players added to their clubs favoured personnel list yet?

I've finished 5 seasons now, and Robin McStravick has won the fans player of the year for four of them, and scored 103 goals for the club, even he's not on there.

I've had 3 players added to it.

Info

My morale tends to be either good or very good for my main set of players who start games but the subs & squad members are generally poor.

No players yet on my clubs favoured personal, infact no players have me as favoured either, mind you only just coming to end of second season so as expected.

Just had 2 annoying draws against mid table teams to take me into an away tie against league leaders stockport that I thought would end all aspiration of a shock title challenge but I won 2-1 to leave me 6 points behind with 4 games left.

Looks like a play off spot is safe but wish I hadnt had this poor run as the league really was there for the taking.

Two players, aaaand a certain manager icon_wink.gif

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10282007195733xp1.jpg

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

what a game 29-0 shots

andy139s

its not bug they had 2 sent off and my tactics were better than theirs and also the quality of my squad is way better than theirs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs. Of course it's a bug. When was a last time you saw a..... forget it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Chelsea can smash a team above them in the table 6-0 then I'm sure 12-0 against 9 men and a much lower quality squad isn't out of the realms of possibility. Only reason you don't see it in real life is because real life managers call their players off at about 5 or 6.

Ben Hutchinson is on Harrow's.

Originally posted by Allan:

Despite 2 straight promotions im still unproven though

My reputation changed to Local after my 1st season icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops I mean regional icon_smile.gif

Despite 2 straight promotions im still unproven though

The manager reputation tends to increase slowly, which can be a pain if you getting successive promotions.

I have had no such problems icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe , it looks like you need to win the league if u are gonna get promoted, hehe icon_smile.gif

Ihad a bit more luck in playoff, first i won on penalties in the semi, and then behind 0-1 in the final, my opposition scored an own goal >in the 90th minute <. i scored a goal in the overtime and i was promoted icon_biggrin.gif

Merthyr Tydfil - Blue Square South - 08/09 End of Season Report

I've finally managed to finish my first season, after a total of over 36 hours of play according to the game status screen icon_eek.gif . In my last update I said my results were starting to improve a bit after changing to a 4-1-3-2 formation, and predictably it all fell apart again in the next few games, resulting in 6 consecutive defeats. By this point, I'd dropped into the relegation zone, so I made an attempt to get a new parent club, as my current deal with Cardiff didn't benefit us at all. After cancelling the deal, I managed to get a new one with Cardiff, where they actually loaned me players!

Almost straight away they sent me two players on loan, and it looked like I'd got a real star in Matt Green, who managed a debut hattrick and then a total of 5 goals in his first 3 games. Inevitably, he didn't score for the rest of the season. Luckily, our results picked up a bit, and despite a 6-2 loss to the mighty Fisher, we finished the season in 18th place.

Final League Table

League Position Graph

My three top players for the season were:

Charles Ademeno - Played consistently well throughout and the season, scoring 20 goals in 32 starts. Pretty exciting to watch too icon_biggrin.gif

Jamie Gleeson - Was solid for the first half of the season, but really started performing when he was the sole MC in my 4-1-3-2 formation.

Michael Roddy - To be honest, he was probably the most erratic member of my team, but at his best he was excellent.

My Starting 11

I think the biggest problem with my team was the lack of a good goalkeeper. I switched between Lloyd Rigby and Adam Docker from my youth team, and neither were really up for it. Luckily, I've already brought in a GK who looks twice as good on a free at the end of his contract.

An issue that has come up though is my finances. Our bank balance was rocketing up until the end of 2008, but since then its being going straight back down at about the same rate. Not sure if it was linked to us playing badly, but hopefully it will sort itself out for the new season - Finances.

In the new season I'm hoping for a mid-table finish at least, and maybe with a bit of luck I might manage a play-off spot, but I'll have to wait and see.

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

what a game 29-0 shots

andy139s

ffs. Of course it's a bug. When was a last time you saw a..... forget it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Chelsea can smash a team above them in the table 6-0 then I'm sure 12-0 against 9 men and a much lower quality squad isn't out of the realms of possibility. Only reason you don't see it in real life is because real life managers call their players off at about 5 or 6. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point is that if a team go even 1 player down and are getting battered, they stick everyone behind the ball and defend for their lives just so they don't get humiliated.

There are many examples of high scoring games since the patch but everyone seems to think it's just their excellent tactics.

It's just not realistic.

Too good quality players joining on l,oan from a parent club is certainly a bug.

Too good quality players joining from anywhere is certainly a bug.

Players of league 2 standard who are joining our clubs when no League 2 sides or Conference North sides are even interested in them is certainly a bug.

The tactics employed by AI managed teams when reduced to 10 or 9 men is certainly a bug.

I guess you would rather hammer in 12 goals than play a realistic game.

Congratulations icon14.gif.

Archived