dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by RockLobster:

Are there actually ever any consequences to the officials admitting they got a decision wrong?

Don't think so.

In the same game my best player just got injured for 2 to 4 months icon_smile.gif starting to hate it.

And my defensive mid has picked up his 20 yellow card.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonicAD:

Okay, question time.

I, like someone earlier, signed Bontcho Guentchev without a trial, and I did not notice whether I could scout him or not because I didn't have any scouts when I found him. But, I found him when he was still at Hendon, and started attempting to sign him at that point. By the time the deal was done, he'd been released on a free (and may or may not have been scoutable, but I didn't notice since I was already trying to sign him). Was this a legal signing?

Yes that's fine, you are able to scout foreign free transfers who's last club was English, it's the foreign free transfers who have not played in England that you can't scout. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, OK, I went back and looked at what the other person said again and got confused. Was a nervous wreck until I realized it wasn't a problem!

Has anybody noticed the change in the scout reports of your own players since the patch.

Before the patch, my scout was telling me I had players who would be a good signing in leagues 1 and 2. Im thinking, yeah got some good players here, should be pushing for promotion.

After the patch however, my scout report now only says that thje players in question with more ability for the higher leagues, says that they are excellent players for BS South icon_confused.gif

I am really confused by this, more so because my ass man still mentions abilities to play in higher leagues..

Has anyone else noticed this, or is this just me???

After an average start of the season i was 10 points behind the playoff spots with half a season left.

After a good run without to many injuries i manage to get the last playoff spot !

I beat Aldershot to take me to the finals against Stockport.

A really unbelivable game as i saw my self get help from one of stockports players in the last minuute !!!

http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10282007022043ys3.jpg

So now its L2 and im exiting to se if my current deal with the club will be extended!

Here i some of my high profile players this year;

Labide:

http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10282007022335kh6.jpg

Davison: http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10282007022445pf6.jpg

Mahon: http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10282007022520zo0.jpg

Originally posted by sergent21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Master T:

Blue Square South Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

Come on the boys! icon_mad.gif

Link doesnt work dont think!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah they both work, unlucky Master T good effort though! I'm in a very similar boat as I'm in 5th place nowhere near winning the league but hopefully can get a play off place this season

Originally posted by kaNovi:

After an average start of the season i was 10 points behind the playoff spots with half a season left.

After a good run without to many injuries i manage to get the last playoff spot !

A really unbelivable game as i saw my self get help from one of stockports players in the last minuute !!!

So now its L2 and im exiting to se if my current deal with the club will be extended!

Labide:

Condratulations on promotion, seems like luck was just on your side. Some good players in your screenies as well, shouldnt do too badly next season I reckon.

BTW how did you get Prescot Cables???

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sergent21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Master T:

Yeah they both work, unlucky Master T good effort though! I'm in a very similar boat as I'm in 5th place nowhere near winning the league but hopefully can get a play off place this season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Spurs. Bath ended up winning in the Final against Havant & Waterlooville, wish it was me. icon_frown.gif

Really need a striker, 2 top goalscorer was wilson with 15.

Will do a season review tomorrow.

Originally posted by sergent21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Labide:

Condratulations on promotion, seems like luck was just on your side. Some good players in your screenies as well, shouldnt do too badly next season I reckon.

BTW how did you get Prescot Cables??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You icon_smile.gif

I reloaded the game about 20 times and then it poped up, i saw noone else had them, so i thought i would give it a go icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Master T:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sergent21:

Yeah they both work, unlucky Master T good effort though! I'm in a very similar boat as I'm in 5th place nowhere near winning the league but hopefully can get a play off place this season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Spurs. Bath ended up winning in the Final against Havant & Waterlooville, wish it was me. icon_frown.gif

Really need a striker, 2 top goalscorer was wilson with 15.

Will do a season review tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean I went with my 2 strikers from the first season who had scored for fun but they've not been anywhere near as proflic this season for me. I also find this league I concede so many goals to shots the ratio is sickening at times.

Well I've gone for Tiverton Town (well at least until the patch is released. Here's my Profile

So far it's been a good start. I was far more cautious in the signing of players this time around than i have been in the previous challenges making sure i sign only the players who will contribute something rather than taking the scatter-gun approach and hoping for some gems.

My favourite signing so far would have to be Lewis Hogg from my old side Bath who has never failed me in the past. Cherno Samba will lead the line after coming on loan from my parent club Plymouth and he will be joined by Andy Caton who scored a fantastic 2nd half hat-trick in our 2nd league match against Histon which we won 5-1.

Things haven't been to good on the discipline side with 2 red cards in our first 3 league matches. Let's hope we can change that or we could blow quite a few points.

Now this is just ridiculous. My first 4 games of the season have seen a total of 5 red cards (3 to me 2 to the opposition). Nothing out of the ordinary with regards to tactics with all players set to easy/normal tackling. What the hell is going on?

Originally posted by stinger061:

Appologies for another post but make that 6 in 4 games. I've just had my 2nd player sent off for this match. Im becoming highly frustrated but don't understand it because nobody else seems to have suffered the same fate.

I had it alot with one of my tactics I tried out, my central midfielders kept getting 2 yellow cards & then sent off. Altered it around & it stopped.

Strange for sure

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stinger061:

Appologies for another post but make that 6 in 4 games. I've just had my 2nd player sent off for this match. Im becoming highly frustrated but don't understand it because nobody else seems to have suffered the same fate.

I had it alot with one of my tactics I tried out, my central midfielders kept getting 2 yellow cards & then sent off. Altered it around & it stopped.

Strange for sure </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not seeming to get any better. It's now 8 red cards in 6 games with 4 to me and 4 to my opponents. I'll see what i can do once i boot my game up again to try and reduce the number of cards. 3 of my 4 have been straight reds also with just 1 being for 2 yellows.

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Just got prescot cables promoted, but i do not like that yellow colour! icon_frown.gif i doesnt seem like there is any playing them ?

Just curious, why don´t you like the yellow color?? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was the same when I first managed Hitchin in FM06.

They are canary yellow and it was so awful that I didn't think I would be able to continue. After I while I grew used to it and now I love that colour in FM icon14.gif.

1 game left for me in the first season and I'm crazy nervous... we've been up into 5th at various times in recent weeks but haven't been able to stay there, and now the table looks like this:

Table

I'm in a good position, but I've gotta go away to AFC Wimbledon... while Lewes is home vs. Hampton & Richmond and Ebbsfleet is away to Bath. So a loss could get me in, but there's no guarantees. I'll be ecstatic if we can make the playoffs though, after the horrible start to the season we had, we've steadily climbed the table to be in the fight at the end, and there's not much more I could ask for.

Unfortunately, it looks like our star striker Marvin Robinson (whom I've been singing songs about to the tune of Mrs. Robinson... such as...

Come on you, Marvin Robinson

Help us out by scoring us a goal

... erm, anyway...) will be out for the last game. Not what I need. I would hope he'll be back for the playoffs if we make it.

So, it's 2am here, and I really should be sleeping by now, but I shall stay up until this season is over! Update to follow shortly!

I've just noticed that one of my reserves' value has crept up to £350k, three time more than any of my first team. icon_confused.gif

I'm giving him a few games just in case I've had a legend rotting in the reserves for the last three seasons.

That has just made me look at the value of my players.

I haven't started the top 2 valued players at all this season icon_rolleyes.gif.

SonicAD - Chippenham Town 2008/09 Blue Square South Season Review

So, could we do it? A win over AFC Wimbledon would almost certainly earn us a trip to the playoffs unless of a large shift in goal difference for Ebbsfleet:

Final match: AFC Wimbledon vs. Chippenham

A clean sheet for AFC Wimbledon, and no surprise either, as I failed to notice before my last post that not only was my best striker out, but my #2 was as well, thus leaving me in dire straits. Still, if our rivals Bath win over Ebbsfleet, I could make it in, so let's look at the table:

Table

Alas, no. Bath put up a good effort, but Ebbsfleet came up with a 2-1 victory, pushing themselves into the playoffs.

Still, we did much better than expected, so the season wasn't a total failure. Here's the rest of the results, continuing on from the midseason update earlier:

Results part 3

And here's the final table post-playoffs, seeing Lewes win the final to move up to the Blue Square Premier. Final Table

Transfers for the year

Transfers part 1

Transfers part 2

On a more postive note, star striker Marvin Robinson won Player of the Season.

Score them goals, Marvin Robinson

They help us out much more than you would know

And, beside my having gone rather badly overbudget on the wages, the board is pretty happy with me.

Competition Confidence

Confidence summary

Kept it in the green overall on finances, and as long as I can do that I think I'll be okay.

Missing the playoffs like that killed me, here's hoping we can keep the momentum up for the next season and make a real push at promotion, letting these Bluebirds take flight. icon_smile.gif

could someone do me a couple of favours?

first, i need a picture of a football, and instructions on how to clear it. that's for my defense, in case they ever notice the ball is near them...

secondly, could someone draw a picture of the goal and give it to my hot young striker, Andy Caton. He's now over 10 hours without hitting the net...

my early season form has vanished and i'm slumping down the table faster than spurs can replace a manager icon_smile.gif

enh? listen migwar you should change that to faster than spurs can replace a bunch of managers because:

Martin Jol (Spurs) ----> Sacked

Juande Ramos (Sevilla) ----> Spurs

something something Flores (Valencia)----> Sevilla

Jose Mourinho icon_redface.gif (Unemployed) ----> Valencia

Not all of it is confirmed but very likely

Jimbo's stats corner.

Nationalities in your squad.

Jimbokav1971 Boreham Wood Conference South.

Brazil 1.

Cyprus 1.

Denmark 1.

England 36.

France 1.

Gambia 1.

Ireland 5.

Scotland 3.

Wales 2.

Total 51.

3Sixty Chippenham Town

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> Denmark 1

Wales 1

British Virgin Islands 1

Bulgaria 2

England 16

Gilbster Stamford Conf South

Bulgaria 2

England 19

Ireland 3

Scotland 1

St Kitts & Nevis 1

Turks and Caicos 2

Wales 2

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Jimbo's stats corner.

Brazil 1.

Cyprus 1.

Denmark 1.

England 36.

France 1.

Gambia 1.

Ireland 5.

Scotland 3.

Wales 2.

Total 51.

3Sixty Chippenham Town

Wales 1

British Virgin Islands 1

Bulgaria 2

England 16

Bulgaria 2

England 19

Ireland 3

Scotland 1

St Kitts & Nevis 1

Turks and Caicos 2

Wales 2

Tyler_Durden Matlock Town

England 17

France 1

Holland 1

Ireland 1

Montserrat 1

North. Ireland 1

Wales 2

Jimbo's stats corner.

Brazil 1.

Cyprus 1.

Denmark 1.

England 36.

France 1.

Gambia 1.

Ireland 5.

Scotland 3.

Wales 2.

Total 51.

------

3Sixty Chippenham Town

Wales 1

British Virgin Islands 1

Bulgaria 2

England 16

------

Bulgaria 2

England 19

Ireland 3

Scotland 1

St Kitts & Nevis 1

Turks and Caicos 2

Wales 2

-----

migwar

english 18

irish 1

n. irish 1

jamaican 1

-----

Tyler_Durden Matlock Town

England 17

France 1

Holland 1

Ireland 1

Montserrat 1

North. Ireland 1

Wales 2

-----

Wisla - Billericay - BSP

Canada 1

Congo 1

England 22

Ireland 3

Iceland 1

Kenya 1

N. Ireland 2

Scotland 1

Originally posted by RockLobster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

Am I living in daydreams if I want teams like Bashley (600 or so)?

Fraid its nigh on impossible to get anything less than 900. The lowest i've seen is Mangotsfield(850) so the chances of finding Basley are pretty much non-existent im afraid icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Savegames in the downloads section of the website has some low rep teams.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Dafuge... i cant get the site to work.

I've got to end my first try on FM08, (Failed Halesowen game). When i log in, it acknowledges i've logged in, but whenever i press any other tab, link or option, its no longer realises im logged in. please help icon_frown.gif

Email me through the contact form on the site.

Originally posted by saab693:

Finally my copy of the game has arrived!! I've been itching to get this started having begun the 07 challenge so late in the day. Thanks to Allan for putting the links up to the save games on the website. As the trend seems to be sub 1000 this time round, I'll be attempting the challenge with Hendon Town

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Hendon.jpg

Here we go!

Woohoo another Puritan Manager! Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

Jimbo, no offence mate, but we know how you feel, he knows how you feel and it's obviously not changed how he feels. Dafuge as already said he's staying on the list because he got to League 2 before it happened but he won't be updated further, which is perfectly fine tbh seeing how he didn't cheat to get to League 2. Can I suggest we just drop it because it puts a downer on the thread's atmosphere.

I had just about swallowed that after dafuge ruled, but he's in League 1 now and sitting atop of the list on the website. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have gone to the effort of deleting his entry each time when I post the list, until he is removed from the website.

I wasn't expecting him to continue updating his progress after what I had said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll knock him back a season to reflect the table.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

oh yeah, must update the official website. Forgot to do that.

I gave up on updating the website when I had to re-start last year post patch.

I feel guilty now after all the work Allan put in though. I log on every day just to have a look even if I have nothing to change icon_biggrin.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad its being used! icon_smile.gif

Archived