dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by dafuge:

Oh, and I should add that they cost me £30k and £50k, my two largest transfer fees ever.

Does anyone want to see the proof that they came on trial?

I have no issues at all!

I have managed to tempt Arjaan De Zeeuw back to the club as a physio. (He probably remembers his stay greatly after getting us promoted from north to national) Who knows, his knowlege of the Netherlands might come in useful.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue Square Conference South Playoff Semi Finals

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Tiverton 0 - 2 Harrow

Hutchinson

Ephraim</pre>

Barron was surprisingly off form in this game, maybe the pressure is getting to him at such a young age. We totally dominated and should have won by more than just 2 goals, but I felt pretty confident going into the home leg.

Harrow 2 - 3 Tiverton

Ephraim

Barron</pre>

An almost misplaced confidence after we went 3-0 down inside 15 minutes. Only some very harsh words at half time rescued it as we scored two goals to come back from behind and go into the final against Ebbsfleet. A team that's beaten me twice already this year.

One game away from my first ever playoff promotion. Come on Harrow!

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Oh, and I should add that they cost me £30k and £50k, my two largest transfer fees ever.

Does anyone want to see the proof that they came on trial?

I think we can trust our esteemed creator icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just thought I'd better set a good example and make the offer icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by kaNovi:

i do not understand why this happened to me then Alurny... What was their long term plans then ?

Dafuge did you get a new contract ?

My contract was renewed after it expired the first time, it will be expiring again at the end of this season so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Still not being offered a new contract as there's significant time left on my current deal (a month) which is strange.

doesnt sound to good, what are theyre expectations?

i believe dafuge got offered a new contract on the same day it expired, so there is still hope.

Have you installed the beta patch ?

Still not being offered a new contract as there's significant time left on my current deal (a month) which is strange.

I think everyone has experienced this. Mine wasn't renewed until the end of the season, despite being top of the league.

After trying and trying to get Halesowen post beta patch, couldn't do it and eventually chose Kings Lynn, got no players but luckily got Norwich as my parent and they have loaned loads of quality players to me - I have an ST woth 1.3 million playing in the Conf. North ffs. Would upload screen of profile but can't as my laptop has been taken into repair and my desktop is too carp to run the game. ****ing Comet selling me faulty products *angry*

Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

i believe dafuge got offered a new contract on the same day it expired, so there is still hope.

Have you installed the beta patch ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My expectations were: Wait for it icon_biggrin.gif

Win the BSS

Win the FA Trophy

Win the Setanta Shield

4th round of the FA Cup

and something else about the other trophy too.

Finally got a chance to look at the patch notes while at work (before they got deleted yet again) and theres quite a few changes that I think will have an impact on this challenge.

While I saw nothing that particularly related to the Confidence issue, there definitely was mention of the Ass Man's rating of players was fixed (before he would rate just about anyone as the very best).

There was also a blue post in KaNovi's origional post on board confidence that seems to indicate it may have been corrected in the patch (in new games) so it will be interesting to see how it affects some of us that will just be starting this weekend.

Overall, it looks like a good patch that has corrected quite a few errors, many of which I didn't know even existed. I'd suggest people take a look at the patch notes even if your planning on waiting until the official patch is released.

This has been there for the past couple versions at least. The time remaining on the contract response doesn't seem to apply as I've gotten contracts as early as 6 months after my old one, however theres also been times like the one you posted where I could not get a contract even as it was expiring.

It almost seems as if the board make the decision based on whatever reasoning they use, but then there are no coded options to express this so it defaults to significant time left on the contract.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

Have you installed the beta patch ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My expectations were: Wait for it icon_biggrin.gif

Win the BSS

Win the FA Trophy

Win the Setanta Shield

4th round of the FA Cup

and something else about the other trophy too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif I hope you have an extremely strong side with that set of expectations. Winning the league I can understand as its a long battle and ultimately a good side can overcome. The cups on the other hand are a pure crap shoot. 1 bad game ands its all over. I hope you have better luck in cups than I do. I'd be sacked before Christmas with that set of expectations! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Quavis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Chelsea just enquired about one of my players icon_eek.gif

Add 3 0's icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I added 2 icon_biggrin.gif

Value = £45k

Asking price = £5m

bye bye Chelsea.

Originally posted by Quavis:

Finally got a chance to look at the patch notes while at work (before they got deleted yet again) and theres quite a few changes that I think will have an impact on this challenge.

While I saw nothing that particularly related to the Confidence issue, there definitely was mention of the Ass Man's rating of players was fixed (before he would rate just about anyone as the very best).

There was also a blue post in KaNovi's origional post on board confidence that seems to indicate it may have been corrected in the patch (in new games) so it will be interesting to see how it affects some of us that will just be starting this weekend.

Overall, it looks like a good patch that has corrected quite a few errors, many of which I didn't know even existed. I'd suggest people take a look at the patch notes even if your planning on waiting until the official patch is released.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

I have installed the patch but didn't get any "changelist.txt" file in my default directory - maybe SI have removed this file from the download as I got it after everyone who said this text file was present icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Aario:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quavis:

hmmmmmmmmmmm

I have installed the patch but didn't get any "changelist.txt" file in my default directory - maybe SI have removed this file from the download as I got it after everyone who said this text file was present icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very interesting. I'll check when I get home to see if I can find the direct path for you. Keep an eye on the patch news thread. They've popped up several times already there, but you have to catch it before a mod removes it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quavis:

Chelsea just enquired about one of my players icon_eek.gif

Add 3 0's icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I added 2 icon_biggrin.gif

Value = £45k

Asking price = £5m

bye bye Chelsea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_razz.gif They'll be back! It was just too nice of an offer so Roman couldn't accept it. Next time double the offer! icon_biggrin.gif

Was it one of your two Bulgarians btw?

Both of them look outstanding for this level!

How is everyone's tactics doing after the patch?

It looks like the patch has actually helped mine out a lot, they are playing like Arsenal despite just being promoted. Going forward I am just ripping defences apart with great passing and fantastic movement off the ball, just looking a bit dodgy at the back.

It looks like the patch has actually helped mine out a lot, they are playing like Arsenal despite just being promoted. Going forward I am just ripping defences apart with great passing and fantastic movement off the ball, just looking a bit dodgy at the back.

Not too good. Then again, it might just be that we're having problems coping with the higher League 2 level. I've been doing some tweaking and I'm note quite done yet, but it's looking a bit better. Results and match stats are gradually improving. The old tactic just isn't working for me anymore.

Well i started loosing as soon as i patched :S what kind of passing are you going for, short or direct?

Well after seeing Dafuge's great Bulgarians, I signed the old guy as a coach (I had him at Hendon so knew he was a decent member of staff), and had a look at my player search screen.

Only one player showed up with the rest of my current filters.

Super Simeon

Proof of trial

Proof my new ass man has some sense

Just hope I can hold onto this guy for a good long while. His current form is already great.

Now to find myself a ML, even a bad one would be better than my other midfielders playing out of position.

Originally posted by Phil1987:

Well i started loosing as soon as i patched :S what kind of passing are you going for, short or direct? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Short

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Well after seeing Dafuge's great Bulgarians, I signed the old guy as a coach (I had him at Hendon so knew he was a decent member of staff), and had a look at my player search screen.

Only one player showed up with the rest of my current filters.

Super Simeon

Proof of trial

Proof my new ass man has some sense

Just hope I can hold onto this guy for a good long while. His current form is already great.

Now to find myself a ML, even a bad one would be better than my other midfielders playing out of position.

That looks like a fantastic signing icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil1987:

Well i started loosing as soon as i patched :S what kind of passing are you going for, short or direct? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Short </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahh so maybe now I've stepped up to the BSP i should start playing shorter passing, ok I'll give it a go icon_smile.gif

No, it was my Irish left back. When photobucket decides to work I'll show a screenshot of him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here he is

My coaches think he'll be a good Championship player in the future,

Well my second season has been marvellous. Been scoring for fun, with less loanees. Been way ahead in the league,.

got 100 points in the league!!!!!

except what that?

oh yeah

a) Cambridge is having a monster season. 102 friggin points!

b) arghhh

c) And im uner contract speculation! So I had better win those bleeping playoffs.

allright here we go! My boogie team Leigh in the semis...dont know what ill do if I loose!

Ill sort of live update this for fun,

or rather - just the final, since i HAMMERED poor leigh at home 5-1, so the return leg should see me rest some of the stars for the big one.

My main worry is that I have no players over 22 except Hadji, and he is a super sub!

No, it was my Irish left back. When photobucket decides to work I'll show a screenshot of him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here he is

My coaches think he'll be a good Championship player in the future, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif His mental stats are amazing especially for being only 18. Outstanding find! Forget the future, he'd probably cut it in the championship now. I'm not at all surprised Chelsea came calling on that one. Good luck hanging on to him, but hes probably worth a stadium expansion or two icon_smile.gif

Blue Square Conference South Playoff Final

Ebbsfleet 1 - 2 Harrow

Hutchinson

Ephraim</pre>

Get in! The curse has been broken, and who better to do the breaking than the legendary striker pairing of Hutchinson and Ephraim. Surprisingly been no interest in Hutchinson at any level but whatever, I'm happy for that to continue.

Gurney was retiring after this game but what a hero! Fought to the very end, despite knowing he wouldn't see our campaign in the premier and was well rewarded with the Man of the Match award. Couldn't resist but upload this as it's probably the reason. What an absolute peach of a pass! Enjoy.

Full season review coming up.

Blue Square Conference South Playoff Final

Ebbsfleet 1 - 2 Harrow

Hutchinson

Ephraim</pre>

Get in! The curse has been broken, and who better to do the breaking than the legendary striker pairing of Hutchinson and Ephraim. Surprisingly been no interest in Hutchinson at any level but whatever, I'm happy for that to continue.

Gurney was retiring after this game but what a hero! Fought to the very end, despite knowing he wouldn't see our campaign in the premier and was well rewarded with the Man of the Match award. Couldn't resist but upload this as it's probably the reason. What an absolute peach of a pass! Enjoy.

Full season review coming up.

Well played Poyple icon_smile.gificon14.gif

Originally posted by Aario:

hmmmmmmmmmmm

I have installed the patch but didn't get any "changelist.txt" file in my default directory - maybe SI have removed this file from the download as I got it after everyone who said this text file was present icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aario. Check your email for contents of "changelist.txt" file icon14.gif.

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnsley:

7points behind Leigh RMI who don't actually conceed goals. They conceded 12 after 24 games and were flying away with it.

I'll take the credit for RMI's excellent season as i'm their club researcher. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one, kept that one quiet didn't you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think i mentioned it briefly in last seasons challenge thread. I been doing it since FM05 and still going. They became my favorite non-league side when they took Fulham to a replay in the FA Cup 1n 1999 i think it was.

I started going to most of their home games and thought i'd apply for their club researcher vacancy, the rest is history as they say. icon_cool.gif

*correct icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif

Guess what?

I went to almost every home game of theirs between '97 and '01 including the Fulham game you speak of, both the replay at home and the original tie at Craven Cottage. Went to a few away games too, including one up in Wales. Was much more fun than supporting a big team imo.

I lived about 10 minutes from their ground too. I remember the season they won the Unibond First Division, Steve Jones now of Burnley banging them in.

And the Conference North play off final is between Gateshead and Hednesford. Gateshead has been dominating this year, but non of that counts as this one off game is ready for kickoff.

Gateshead fields and almost strongest team with only young midfield Duncan sitting out through susension. Dawson, on loan from Sunderland will lead the attack. Other strong Tynesiders are the wingers, Thompson and Watts.

Hednesford will feature perhas the leagues best striker in Lews young with an amazing 47 league goals in 43 appearances. He will need to be heavily marked.

So its a sweatypalmed zutcorp, taking his seat, and we are now just about ready for kickoff.

Archived