dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by mattyday315:

morning all dafuge hows your team getting on mine doing?? well done everyone who has had promotion hopefully i can follow in your footsteps.

Looking pretty good, what I expected really, looks like a top four finish.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else having problems with the scheduling in the BSN/S when it comes to having to play two league games in three days? It's happened a couple of times to me in the Guiseley game and also now in my Tiverton game so I guess that's how it works, I'm just a bit frazzled because so far I've lost each of the second games played in that spell??

Do I just need to rotate my squad better?

Chelseadaft - Chippenham Town BS SOUTH 2008/9

Well as you know i took the plunge with the mighty Chippenham Town. Straight away the side needed players and staff so did what i could to get them in.

Transfers

Granted i got some bad players in as cover for better players i brought in, but as you all know by now injuries and yellow cards hit you in this league.

It was another season of struggle for me. I guess my problem this season and also in FM2007 was tactics.

However, my objective from the board at the start of the season was to avoid relegation in the next 2 seasons, and i have just about done it This helped towards the end of the season!

My prediction was 20th and relegated

Club info (see prediction at the bottom)

But i managed a hefty 19th and safety!

Table

So i was pleased to stay up. But it seems that although the board are happy, the supporters aren't icon_eek.gif

Summary

Also my rep isn't good either

Here is also the club confidence at the moment

Confidence

If i get the chance to improve the team i think i can sort this out. But will i get the chance god only knows!

But as normal i will keep plugging away. One last screenie of my finances for you...

Finances

Roll on the new season!!

Originally posted by Scoham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Spot the odd one out icon_biggrin.gif

Should make a thread in the bugs forum and upload a saved game if you can. Doesn't seem to be any threads about that bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, posted it in the bugs forum and got accused of having an illegal copy of the game icon_biggrin.gif

your so naughty dafuge icon_biggrin.gif what season are you in now then dafuge and who is your best player

I wouldn't mind if I was actually using an illegal copy, it actually makes me quite angry that something like this can happen to a genuine game.

2011/12 - Robbie Mulholland (regen)

3Sixty's Chippenham town update - 2008-2009

Not much of an update here, finished this late last night, my internet was down so no screen shots.

Finished 12th in the league which went down pretty well, got knocked out of the FA cup in the 1st round by MK dons.

No stand out players, just a team effort.

3Sixty's Chippenham town update 2009-2010 - January

A few astute signings in the summer and one quality loan from my parent club cardiff.

Suddenly we find ourselves top been there for quite a few games now.

Table

Hopefully we can keep our form for automatic promotion as I hate playoffs, had a blip in form where I got knocked out of the FA cup, the Setanta shield and the FA trophy.

More screen shots at end of season.

Dafuge - just wondering if the attendance bug had a significant effect on your game? I am not sure whether to play on, or wait for the patch.

I am not too worried about the confidence bug at the moment because i will not finish my contract in the next few days - and hopefully that will be fixed in the beta patch.

Originally posted by Supermas2:

Dafuge - just wondering if the attendance bug had a significant effect on your game? I am not sure whether to play on, or wait for the patch.

I am not too worried about the confidence bug at the moment because i will not finish my contract in the next few days - and hopefully that will be fixed in the beta patch.

Attendances

As you can see, apart from the second season my attendances have been fine.

i just curiouse becuase your the bst on here and you will have the better players

I very much doubt I'm the best on here.

Most of my best players are regens anyway, so they won't be in your game.

Anyway, I think it's better that you learn to find your own players.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Supermas2:

Attendances

As you can see, apart from the second season my attendances have been fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay thanks icon14.gif

I was just worried because of what happened to Jimbo, that it could ruin my game.

Pleased it doesnt look that way icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by westothebpow:

Just beat Droylsden 3-0, fingers crossed my promotion challenge is back on track!

Slightly off-topic, but Tyler_Durden, your manager pic should be Edward Norton surely icon_wink.gif

I´m more a Brad Pitt (Tyler Durden) manager, than Ed Norton (Tyler Durden/narrator) icon_cool.gif

Phil1987 Not at all... I play rather defensive the whole time.....it seems to do the job icon14.gif

Originally posted by Scab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

New poll:

Manager Reputation

Alurny - 2010/11 League 2 - Unproven

dafuge - 2011/12 BS Prem - Regional

Scab - 2010/11 League 2 - Regional </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sergent21 - 2009/10 BS South - Unproven

icon14.gif

Playing as Banbury Utd, first league game, off to a winning start 1-0 away to Chelmsford in front of 1247 people.

My team is like Coventry Reserves I have a total of 8 players on loan from my daddy club, and if I go up this year it will be in large part thanks to them.

Originally posted by jsufc88:

does anyone know where i can get the badges and kits for the sides like chippenham and bedford that come up to BSN and BSS?

The downloads section of the website has the badges, I'm hoping we will have the kits up there soon as well.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsufc88:

does anyone know where i can get the badges and kits for the sides like chippenham and bedford that come up to BSN and BSS?

The downloads section of the website has the badges, I'm hoping we will have the kits up there soon as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the download section of the main SI site?

Chippenham End of season whinge 2011/2012

I'm getting seriously demoralised because every year I've improved my final points tally for the season and apart from season 2 I have missed out on the playoffs:

2008/2009- 10th 62 points

2009/2010- 4th 67 points

2010/2011- 8th 71 points

2011/2012- 7th 74 points -this one hurt the most

I suppose I'll just have to keep improving and one day I'll get promoted.

Originally posted by jsufc88:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsufc88:

The downloads section of the website has the badges, I'm hoping we will have the kits up there soon as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the download section of the main SI site? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ignore that! im being an idiot. i know what you meant!

Originally posted by freelinet:

Chippenham End of season whinge 2011/2012

I'm getting seriously demoralised because every year I've improved my final points tally for the season and apart from season 2 I have missed out on the playoffs:

2008/2009- 10th 62 points

2009/2010- 4th 67 points

2010/2011- 8th 71 points

2011/2012- 7th 74 points -this one hurt the most

I suppose I'll just have to keep improving and one day I'll get promoted.

Stick in there icon14.gif you can do it i have the faith icon_wink.gif

Okay i was pretty mad yesterday icon_smile.gif

To answer some questions there was nothing my board was unhappy about.. i was supposed to fight bravely against rel. and i think a 12 pos. is pretty much okay ??

My finances was great as well.

Dafuge -> Yes i have a save game 10 days before it happenes, i will load it when the beta patch comes out

Originally posted by Supermas2:

I don't think SI are even looking ito this at the moment, so I doubt it will be fixed in any patch icon_frown.gif.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Supermas2:

I don't think SI are even looking ito this at the moment, so I doubt it will be fixed in any patch icon_frown.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just posted about mine.

Really weird i think

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I don't think SI are even looking ito this at the moment, so I doubt it will be fixed in any patch icon_frown.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

Hopefully confidence is fixed

Originally posted by Gilbster:

No idea how I am going to get out of this mess.

One match to go, need a win and need to make sure the other teams in the drop zone dont win either. And my match is against Gateshead who are in 5th place.

Wish me luck!

As suspected that was mission impossible!.

Oh well back to the drawing/restarting board.

I think after 2 awful attempts with a medium database I will go back to a large database.

Archived