dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My goalie has been playing poorly recently, so I thought I'd have a look around for a replacement. I came across this bloke.

He was released from Everton after failing to make a single appearance for the club, he did however make his full international debut for Norway at the age of 19, winning two caps.

Will he sign for me? I can't even find out. I can't offer him a contract because he is RETIRING icon_mad.gif

My scouts considered him a good League 1/2 player so he could easily have found a club. He has not had any serious injuries, he just seems to be retiring because he has been without a club for a while.

Why has he decided to retire?

Surely a youngster who was representing his country only a year ago would be able to find a club?

Why can't I make him an offer in an attempt to change his mind?

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Barnsley. Stop picking useless old has beens up front icon_biggrin.gif.

icon_frown.gif i had to sign somebody icon_frown.gif They cant score for crap anyway tbh, They just stand there and look good.

Cant win at the moment icon_frown.gif got beat in the Fa Cup 2nd round quals to Bedford 2-0 icon_smile.gif Wasnt a pretty sight to watch, just been battered 4-1 by Eastbourne and 3-0 to Dorchester icon_smile.gif

Things arent looking to good for the Banbury Bumbles

Hi I have been following this thread for a while and decided to give it a go but I am getting frustrated at the amount of time it is taking to get to the start date.I have been holidaying for an hour and a half now and I have only just hit January.

I think that if one person was to upload the database when they reach the start date It would save a lot of time collectively.

Just a thought not sure about the time it takes to upload a database personally but im sure someone with a fast computer could do it quite quickly.

Originally posted by migwar:

i have a question.

i got the shirt's from dafuge, for my bedford team, which is great, but does anyone know where i can get the club logo from??

Logos

Take note though, these are logos from FM07, all I have done is update the config files so logos appear in the right places. They are last season's logos, so they are a bit out of data and the background logos don't fit properly, but they are better than nothing. As I find a pack for FM08 for the lower leagues I'll let people know.

Originally posted by shota92:

Hi I have been following this thread for a while and decided to give it a go but I am getting frustrated at the amount of time it is taking to get to the start date.I have been holidaying for an hour and a half now and I have only just hit January.

I think that if one person was to upload the database when they reach the start date It would save a lot of time collectively.

Just a thought not sure about the time it takes to upload a database personally but im sure someone with a fast computer could do it quite quickly.

There are various save games available for download from the website.

To make the holiday year go quicker, try turning all the detail levels to none and disable the auto save, that should make it a bit quicker.

Originally posted by dafuge:

My goalie has been playing poorly recently, so I thought I'd have a look around for a replacement. I came across this bloke.

He was released from Everton after failing to make a single appearance for the club, he did however make his full international debut for Norway at the age of 19, winning two caps.

Will he sign for me? I can't even find out. I can't offer him a contract because he is RETIRING icon_mad.gif

My scouts considered him a good League 1/2 player so he could easily have found a club. He has not had any serious injuries, he just seems to be retiring because he has been without a club for a while.

Why has he decided to retire?

Surely a youngster who was representing his country only a year ago would be able to find a club?

Why can't I make him an offer in an attempt to change his mind?

Wow that's outrageous! I was hoping they'd done away with scenarios like this. icon_rolleyes.gif

Although he's clearly far too good, I'm advocating that he be banned if he changes his mind over retiring! icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

Crazy cup wins ftw! icon_biggrin.gif

Also Knights' first goals since mid-December icon14.gif.

I suspect that your players might have been fitter then the Bromley players. I think that can tell at the end of a game and it seems to have been pretty even a match for 80 minutes.

I assume that Baidoo is on loan to you as well, he's my best striker for my Hitchin side even though he fancies himself as the next Johnny Wilkinson and balloons the ball over the bar regularly icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sergy:

My Star Player

Snap

Although mine seems to have spent the last two years eating pies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also Snap

Got injured in his first training session and has never been right since icon_smile.gif hopefully back now to full fitness.

My other keeper has a handling of 4 icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by migwar:

i have a question.

i got the shirt's from dafuge, for my bedford team, which is great, but does anyone know where i can get the club logo from??

Logos

Take note though, these are logos from FM07, all I have done is update the config files so logos appear in the right places. They are last season's logos, so they are a bit out of data and the background logos don't fit properly, but they are better than nothing. As I find a pack for FM08 for the lower leagues I'll let people know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks dafuge.

hell i dont care if its right, i'm just sick of looking at the stupid blue and white shield icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

dafuge, do you have a link to a kit pack for the conference north/south? Preferably one that contains Halesowen's kits. Cheers icon14.gif

Unibond

Southern

Ryman

Those links should cover all the clubs being managed in this challenge. I don't think kit packs for the conference n/s have been made yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the kitpacks from fgmlive arent online, nor have they been working well during the last week.

If anyone could up them somewhere else?

thanks!

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Some people are flying through the seasons! I've only just got to January 2009! icon_cool.gif

lucky you!! i'm only in September 2008!! icon_frown.gif and i've been playing for hours... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not about whos quickest guys, its how much you enjoy it icon14.gif

Originally posted by jsar:

Once you have the packs how do you put them into the game? i have them all now but no idea how to add them in. and as someone else said the plain blue and white is dull.

Put them here: My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\graphics

Then go to preferences - display & sound, untick 'use skin cache', tick 'reload skin on confirm'. Confirm it, then go back and put it back how it was.

dafuge (or anyone else). When you're not too busy do you fancy doing a bit of an "idiots guide" walk-through for downloading and installing graphics packages.

I've had a look in the past and it completely passed me by but I'm thinking of jazzing up my game a little.

Thanks in advance icon14.gif.

Originally posted by Barnsley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sergy:

My Star Player

Snap

Although mine seems to have spent the last two years eating pies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also Snap

Got injured in his first training session and has never been right since icon_smile.gif hopefully back now to full fitness.

My other keeper has a handling of 4 icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Triple Snap!

Looks like mine hasn't hit the pies yet dafuge lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsar:

Once you have the packs how do you put them into the game? i have them all now but no idea how to add them in. and as someone else said the plain blue and white is dull.

Then go to preferences - display & sound, untick 'use skin cache', tick 'reload skin on confirm'. Confirm it, then go back and put it back how it was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven´t got a Graphics folder as in the previous FM.... only a Graphics.fmf!!!???

Originally posted by Barnsley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shota92:

Just downloaded the Gloucester database from the challenge website.How do I put it into the game.

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\games

Bang it there icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then go to preferences - display & sound, untick 'use skin cache', tick 'reload skin on confirm'. Confirm it, then go back and put it back how it was.

arrrg two differnt folders lol. do i need to create said folder or should it exist already?

the /graphics one that is

My Star Player

Snap

Eating pies for the 2 stones gained maybe - but he has also grown 6 inches *insert your own joke here* icon_eek.gif if that continues he should also retire from lower league footy soon and start opening the bowling for England instead

Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NUFCSean:

OMG look who i've just been sent on loan from Newcastle.

Matthew Ford AKA the next Glenn Hoddle icon_cool.gif

Thats brilliant mate, although his dribblings not great so he can't be the next Hoddle I'm afraid. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh, he's still better than any of my midfielders, and my assistant says he would be a decent signing for any premiership team lmao

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

dafuge (or anyone else). When you're not too busy do you fancy doing a bit of an "idiots guide" walk-through for downloading and installing graphics packages.

I've had a look in the past and it completely passed me by but I'm thinking of jazzing up my game a little.

Thanks in advance icon14.gif.

Sure.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Go out and find graphics. I find the best places are the forums of sites like sortitoutsi and fmglive

<LI> Create a folder called 'graphics' here: My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\graphics, you might then want to put folders inside it for kits, logos etc.

<LI> Unzip your downloaded content and put it into the graphics folder, it is up to you how you organise it.

<LI> In your game, go to 'preferences - display and sound', untick 'use skin cache' and tick 'reload skin on confirm'. Once you have confirmed it and the game has loaded the new graphics, you can go back and change it to how it was to make loading quicker.

<LI> Do not try to mess with the graphics.fmf file in program files, it might knacker your game

I think that's about it.

Originally posted by iacovone:

Sorry for the hassle dafuge but the three links you posted don't work. Not sure if you have another link or not? Even if you don't this is just to let you know they no longer work. icon14.gif

That's odd, they seem to be working fine for me.

Boreham Wood February 2009 update. Conference National.

(H) Wood 0 Havant & W 1.

(A) Wood 3 W-S-M 1.

Bailey, McGivern, Dayton.

(H) Wood 3 Bromley 0.

Caddick (3 hat-trick).

(A) Wood 1 Eastleigh 0.

Caddick.

Current league position 5th icon14.gif.

I thought a poor January had blown it for us as we plummeted from a comfortable 4th to an out of contention 8th. A good February put us back on track, jelped in no small way by Super-sub Caddick, (whose 4 goals this season all came from the bench).

After experimenting with tutouring for the first real time, Caddick now has the PPM "places shots" which he learn't from the agine Graz. If I can just teach him the "likes to lob keeper", we could have a star on our hands. (Have I mentioned he's 6'4" and most of his goals are scored with his feet).

League leaders Ebbsfleet still haven't lost this season, yet are only 2 points ahead of 2nd placed Dorchester. We have Ebbsfleet next so a draw will be a great result. We're only 2 points ahead of 6th placed Newport with 8 games to play, (however we do have a game in hand).

Broken ribs and leg have sidelined my best central midfielders and I now have a 16 year old on the bech. Barry who has been moved to MC from Dr has been a revelaton, but unfortunately his collection of cards mean that he is suspended for the Ebbsfleet game. Barry assisted for all 3 of Caddick's goals v Bromley.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Allan:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7231/allanbanburyxx3.jpg

Unknown Brown takes over at Banbury United (the Puritans)

After the sensational promotion from the Southern Premier, Banbury have appointed Allan Brown as manager for the new season.

I like going with obscure teams, this looks like it may be a tough season though!

Banbury have a reputation of 800 icon_eek.gif

Allan, you are the most manliest amongst men here, your chest must be so hairy your medallions get lost at times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harrow Borough are 750 icon_cool.gif

Sorry for the hassle dafuge but the three links you posted don't work. Not sure if you have another link or not? Even if you don't this is just to let you know they no longer work. icon14.gif

That's odd, they seem to be working fine for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Ryman league one seems to work, but the other two don't for me.

Archived