dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to back wins for Worksop! Utterly amazing considering its the end of Jan and we only have 7 wins under our belts.

6 points clear of relegation. I think Oliver Hotchkiss and Danny Hylton are going to be key to me staying up - I'll post screenies of them at the end of the season

Statistics on teams promoted after 115 reloads:

Isthmian Prem:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">AFC Wimbledon 100

Chelmsford 75

Margate 29

Billericay 25

AFC Hornchurch 1</pre>

Northern Prem:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Hednesford 46

Witton 45

Marine 42

Gateshead 34

Guiseley 26

Worksop 18

Matlock 10

Whitby 5

Ilkeston 4</pre>

Southern Prem:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Kings Lynn 66

Merthyr 61

Bedford 34

Tiverton 31

Hitchin 26

Halesowen 6

Chippenham 5</pre>

The only team from the above that I haven't seen done yet is Ilkeston Town so I guess that's who I'm going to be...

Hitchin Town welcomes new manager

After their remarkable promotion to the Blue Square South Hitchin have welcomed Martin Bowen as their new manager.

When interviewed by the local paper the new man in charge at Top Field has rubbished reports that he lied about his age to get the job.

"Anyone who says that I knocked 10 years off my age is talking a load of tosh" says Mr Bowen to the reporter.

"I've even got proof here" he says whilst producing a passport with that has a suspicious date of birth written in blue biro.

Blooming game, that's age discrimination icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by spankie:

When interviewed by the local paper the new man in charge at Top Field has rubbished reports that he lied about his age to get the job.

"Anyone who says that I knocked 10 years off my age is talking a load of tosh" says Mr Bowen to the reporter.

"I've even got proof here" he says whilst producing a passport with that has a suspicious date of birth written in blue biro.

icon_biggrin.gif

If anyone wants to try, you could holiday for a few seasons, then do the reloading? Using FMM it seems reputation does change, though in March in the first season its not changed very much, only by a few points at the most. So it might take years to change to have enough effect.

Post match- See what kind of injury your player has!!!

Great stuff! I thought I was imagining this but I just checked it out and it works.

If you get an injury during the match wait till the full time whistle. Before clicking continue click on the injured players profile and you get an idea of what injury he has!

Player Profile Injury

Lets hope this is nothing serious! icon_redface.gif

Chelmsford-Blue Square South- End of Season 08/09 Update

Well after a shaky start we won promotion at the first attempt beating Salisbury on penalties in the play-offs. This was mostly down to loan signings from parent club Colchester. Couldnt buy a win for the first few months of the season but as soon as the team gelled together we looked unbeatable. The best run of 17 games without defeat. Fans player of the season was Lawrence Lambley but Nabil El Zhar was the star IMO.

Screenshots to follow

Originally posted by Konquest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i'm currently getting absolutely slaughtered in the setanta shield by chelmsford. some geezer called yeo is making my defenders look like statues...

Just lookied him up and in my game, he plays for Kidderminster and is their best scorer... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is it simon yeo ex chester striker

Merthyr Tydfil - August 2008 - Post-Pre-Season Update

After starting with no players or staff, I quickly brought in a pair of scouts to look at any players who might know how to kick a ball. It actually worked out far better than I expecter, and managed to bring 25 players within just a few weeks. Pre-season went well, with scoring being no problem at all, although my defence does seem to leak a lot of goals in the later stages. It looks like I might of uncovered a star player in Charles Ademeno who managed a mighty 11 goals in 6 friendlies.

Going into my first league game against Crawley, I was unsure how we were going to cope. However, a controlling first half performence gave us a 2-0 lead going into the break. With a comfortable win looking likely, my defence collapsed in their usual way... and the match finished 3-2 to Crawley - Results.

Oh well, long way to go yet. My attack seems great but I'll definetely be looking to bring in some defenders. I checked my affiliated clubs thing again, and found out that my link with Cardiff doesn't benefit me at all (they get first option on my players, we get... nothing), so I'm not sure about getting loans in from them. Meh.

Just lost my first friendly to my feeder club icon13.gif

Their first goal came when their centre half swung a boot at the ball to clear it away from my striker just inside his own half and the ball sailed to the edge of my area where it bounced once and went over the head of the keeper I have (had!) on trail and into the net icon_rolleyes.gif

Stamford - 2008/2009 - End of Season Report

My first season with Stamford was a huge disappointment as we finished 15th in the league, mostly due to a horrific start where we didn't win until the 9th game.

I got Peterborough as my parent club and they loaned me four good youngsters but despite being promising they didn't perform.

31 year old forward Jody Banim was probably my star player this season, scoring 16 league goals.

Final League Table

League Graph

Jody Banim

Hopefully next season I'll be challenging for a promotion spot, that is if I make a number of good signings.

My long ball tactics that served me well in the demo have been abandoned, I'm actually managing to get Chippenham to play some decent football.

A few new signings with a bit of pace and a new goalkeeper has made a lot of difference to my recent results.

Tiverton Town - Conf South -August 08 Pre Season Report

Spent ages building up a backroom staff assessing pretty much every free transfer out there. Im not too happy with my sqaud and have had a horrible start to my career.

Tranfers

Squad

Fixtures

Got the FM legend Cherno Samba in on loan from the my parent club, Plymouth. Hoping he can bad 20+ goals to try and save me this season. Another notable signing has to be the 44 year old Guentchev with some fantastic mental stats but the wost physical.

Noticed that my scouts and ass man seem to rate every player as a buy at all costs and seem to believe that every one of my players deserves a 5 star rating.

Game arrived today, and with the Merseyside derby out of the way, I'm gonna give this a go. I never completed it before, but success in Gundo's challenge over the summer gave me hope that I could finally complete this as well. Am expecting to face severe tactical problems from the start though, as I'm usually slow to pick up the finer points of the game.

Holidaying as of now.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

Harrow Borough have signed an International Superstar on a free from Reading icon_cool.gif

Looks like a great signing, he looks loads better than any of my players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah was amazed when he signed. He asked for 600p/w so I offered him my max (450pw) and blew my entire transfer budget on boosting his signing on fee to try and entice him icon_biggrin.gif Hopefully it's worth it.

AFC Hornchurch - Blue Square South - August 2008

I've just played my first game in charge after setting this game up late last night. I had nothing but youth players throughout the squad so I filled up my staff and signed as many players as I could get and still be under my wage budget (I'm £63 under it now).

Full Squad (Excluding Youth) - Transfers In/Out (The only thing lower than the bottom player on the transfers is that I spent £0)

I have enough players now to realistically be able to have a first and reserve team, so that's nice.

My pre-season was okay, 2-2 draw with King's Lynn, a pretty embarrising 7-0 loss to Babelsberg, 1-0 loss to Bedford, 1-1 draw with Grantham and a 2-2 draw with Tonbridge. Nothing spectacular, but at least we were scoring goals and on most occasions not getting beat.

My first league game was amazing. The match engine is just brilliant playing at this level. I'm glad we were playing Merthyr Tydfil though as better opposition would have punished us. Saying that, they did have the ball in the net on 2 occasions and both time the referee pulled play back for an earlier incident just before they scored, so that was lucky. But after one game, somehow we find ourselves sitting second icon_cool.gif It won't last though.

Sorry about this update being a little long, my next one will probably be after December in game time and will be shorter and to the point. On a side note, does anyone have any idea where I could find the SS08 kits for AFC Hornchurch? I have most teams kits at this level and usually get them off FMGLive but they seem to have some kind of server error at the moment so I can't check there.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I've just had a look to see how well Leeds did last season.

They finished 4th, (only 3 points behind the champions Forest), and lost in the Playoff semi's to Oldham.

Without the deduction they would have romped the league.

Just did a quick sim through to the 18th June, noticed they'd been relegated to League Two on mine icon_biggrin.gif.

Originally posted by paulsgruff:

Sorry about this update being a little long, my next one will probably be after December in game time and will be shorter and to the point. On a side note, does anyone have any idea where I could find the SS08 kits for AFC Hornchurch? I have most teams kits at this level and usually get them off FMGLive but they seem to have some kind of server error at the moment so I can't check there.

Scratch that, they're back up now - they don't seem to have the kits for the Isthmian Premier though icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Alurny:

Does anyone know where I can get a stamford logo?

I have some logos for the three feeder leagues, although they are just a temporary fix until someone makes the new ones. The badges aren't perfect in quality and the background logos are the wrong shape, but it's better than nothing.

Does anyone want them?

Can't be arsed to reload more times, so I've decided to go with Bedford Town.

Squad consists of 6 youth players, none of them very good. I settled for avoidingn relegation, and was rewarded with a transfer budget of 0 and a wage budget of £2.1K. Currently wages stand at £60 per week, so at least there's some room for signings.

There's absolutely no staff, so that's priority number one at the moment.

Right then, my first monthly report as Hitchin Town manager:

June report:

Managed to get a full backroom staff by the end of the month and most of the squad assembled. Had some trouble seperating the good from the bad players due to assisstant's rating, but managed to net in a few youngsters who seems to be good prospects.

The main prospect is a young striker by the name of Curtis Jackson who the assisstant and scout rated highly before and during the trial.

The first pre-season friendly starts on 21st of July, hopefully my team will be fully assembled by then...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

Does anyone know where I can get a stamford logo?

I have some logos for the three feeder leagues, although they are just a temporary fix until someone makes the new ones. The badges aren't perfect in quality and the background logos are the wrong shape, but it's better than nothing.

Does anyone want them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes please Dafuge! icon_smile.gif

July monthly report:

Full transfer history:

Player Transfer Part 1

Player Transfer Part 2

Pre-season part 1 results:

Not having a very good pre-season with the team struggling for cohesion, understandable considering they were just recently assembled...

The first game was a dissapointing 1-0 loss against North Ferribly.

The second game was slightly better with a close 3-2 win against Berkhamsted, a feeder club.

The third was a 2-2 draw against Mangotsfield, woeful defending by the second layer team put out in the second half, both goals against came in the second half...

So far the tactics still need some tinkering to find the correct one to fit the team...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

Yes please Dafuge! icon_smile.gif

I've e-mailed them to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To my hotmail? Thanks Dafuge.

icon_smile.gif

August report - Hitchin Town

Current League record so far:

1 win 2 draws 3 losses

After six games in charge, Alexander Xenos' Hitchin Town sit barely above the relegation zone at 18th place.

The team hasn't gelled quite as much as I would like and we need to start winning more of our home games if we wish to have a chance to succeed. The lack of an influental captain seems to be the most key factor...

Archived