dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jsar. Brilliant update icon14.gif, (and it wasn't too shoddy first time around).

Don't worry about not getting promoted. It's a marathon not a sprint.

One thing that might improve your updates is if you provide a pic of the league graph as well as the table.

It lets us see at a glance how your season progressed.

Anyway, congrats on being one of the first to complete a season.

Originally posted by Scoham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

900 should be enough shouldn't it?

I thought so, but no luck so far.

AFC Wimbledon and Chelmsford seem to be coming up almost every time, so I guess it's unlikely AFC Hornchurch will make it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was trying this out in testing, Tonbridge Angels and Prescot Cables were coming up with 850.

Is Boreham Wood (paulsgruff got them a few posts up) the smallest with 950 so far? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, there's a couple of guys playing as Chippenham (900) and one guy has got Mangotsfield (850). I want to get Heybridge or Tonbridge icon_rolleyes.gif

I think i must have reloaded about 40 times so far icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by dafuge:

I'm sure I read somewhere that the reputation of the relegated clubs would have an effect on the reputation of the promoted clubs, is that right?

Good way to test if reputation can change would be by going on holiday for a few seasons then checking with FMM.

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

I want release for NZ *cries* I just wanna get started, though enjoying my Gateshead game on 07 still...As for this good luck to all, and why even after the post describing how to do season updates does the next one not look like it??

Season updates take a while to write, Jimbo's guide was posted while that season update was being written.

Originally posted by cookie15:

No, there's a couple of guys playing as Chippenham (900) and one guy has got Mangotsfield (850). I want to get Heybridge or Tonbridge icon_rolleyes.gif

I think i must have reloaded about 40 times so far icon_frown.gif

850 is still possible then, good to know. You should be able to get Tonbridge or Heybridge then, it might just take a very long time icon_biggrin.gif

Can anyone who gets a low team please upload it to the site or somewhere so that us who come later don't need 50 uploads to get teams...PLEASE icon_biggrin.gif

If you look back through the thread there are a couple of save games for clubs with low reputations.

Originally posted by jsar:

for the life of me i have forgotten how to find afformentioned graph where abouts is it?

and anyone know how to add kit packs to the game?

Click on the number of your league position on the league table.

Once I've found enough kit and logo packs to cover all the clubs, I'll post them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Des Tiny:

Can anyone who gets a low team please upload it to the site or somewhere so that us who come later don't need 50 uploads to get teams...PLEASE icon_biggrin.gif

If you look back through the thread there are a couple of save games for clubs with low reputations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I see them, but I think if everyone who can uploads then possibly we could have every team available. I am hunting for some rather unlikely teams. Would like Rugby Town, but thats never going to happen, so if anyone sees Prescott Cables I would be delighted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paulsgruff:

My chairman has said that he expects us to survive relegation by the end of the 2 year plan. Some things are still poorly worded it seems icon_smile.gif

Interesting to see what he expects in the first year icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've thought about this and I took it to mean that it wouldn't be the end of the World if they got relegated, but that they would be expecting you to get them straight back up and so end the 2 years back in the Conference South.

Originally posted by Gricehead:

Just got a reload where Hitchin and Ilkeston have both popped up, both of which seem quite rare. If anyone is interested I can try and host it somewhere...

Gricehead.

I think some are being hosted via a link to the website.

If you email Allan I'm sure someone will sort something out.

If he's too busy I'm sure he can delegate to someone else. I would do it if I knew how for example.

Chippenham Conference South

End of Season 08/09 Additional infomation

Just a few other screenies of infomation on my season.

forgot to mention at the start of my season that i got reading as a parent club. which as you will see in the next screenies helped me a lot.

Star Player 1

Star player 2

Star player 3

couldnt do a screenie of the graph because i had continued along to far and have started the new season but will in future make sure i post that in my updates.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paulsgruff:

My chairman has said that he expects us to survive relegation by the end of the 2 year plan. Some things are still poorly worded it seems icon_smile.gif

Interesting to see what he expects in the first year icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've thought about this and I took it to mean that it wouldn't be the end of the World if they got relegated, but that they would be expecting you to get them straight back up and so end the 2 years back in the Conference South. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its really just showing the chairman isn't very ambitious, maybe because the club is so small, rather than saying they want to be in the Blue Square Premier in two years, he's saying he's happy just to survive for the next two in the Blue Square South, and then go from there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gricehead:

Just got a reload where Hitchin and Ilkeston have both popped up, both of which seem quite rare. If anyone is interested I can try and host it somewhere...

Gricehead.

I think some are being hosted via a link to the website.

If you email Allan I'm sure someone will sort something out.

If he's too busy I'm sure he can delegate to someone else. I would do it if I knew how for example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just noticed this

Allan ifb

Originally posted by iseemonsters:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tyler_Durden:

just signed this guy...

Daryl Knig.....eeh I mean Daryl Clare..

Hopefully he´ll be bangin´ them in like he has previously icon_biggrin.gif

3 goals in 5 games for me so far - not too bad! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make that 8 in 8 - the guy's a bit of a legend already...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scab:

What's up with Bath City and my cup draws? :/

What are the odds?

The odds aren't actually as high as you would think.

At that level I think both competitions operate a North/South divide which obviously increases the odds significantly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IRL this season, Buxton have drawn local rivals Leek Town in the FA Cup, the FA Trophy AND the Unibond League Cup, as well as two league games.

We're two for two so far icon_biggrin.gif

Just got Chippenham (900), I'm very tempted to go with them.

If Hornchurch don't turn up soon, Chippenham it will be.

Don't give up hope, Dafuge. I've seen AFC Hornchurch promoted a couple of times, though I have probably spent about 6 hours reloading! I will be Gloucester City icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by apg26:

Just got Chippenham (900), I'm very tempted to go with them.

If Hornchurch don't turn up soon, Chippenham it will be.

Don't give up hope, Dafuge. I've seen AFC Hornchurch promoted a couple of times, though I have probably spent about 6 hours reloading! I will be Gloucester City icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, perhaps Hornchurch aren't such a good choice, I didn't realise they played in red and white stripes icon_mad.gif

APG if you see Prescott Cables or Rugby Town could you please upload them to somewhere, or save the game and uploadit to the site when Allan can? icon_biggrin.gif PLEASE icon_biggrin.gif

Certainly. I'm starting to lose hope of seeing any more new teams come up though icon_frown.gif

I think the saved games for each team is looking a very good idea.

apg - Hornchurch only have 750 rep don't they? Which means clubs as low as 750 can be promoted. Possibly lower but it might be extremely rare.

Originally posted by Scoham:

apg - Hornchurch only have 750 rep don't they? Which means clubs as low as 750 can be promoted. Possibly lower but it might be extremely rare.

It was 900 in the list I shamelessly copied from you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

It was 900 in the list I shamelessly copied from you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't even get any credit for it icon_frown.gif

I was thinking of Ashton Utd, who I accidently missed off the list.

Originally posted by Gricehead:

25 reloads, nothing less than 1000 yet.

Quite happily reload until the first patch comes out though icon_wink.gif

There is something strangely satisfying about continually reloading the game to see who comes up.

Unless you know something we don't about the patch icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gricehead:

25 reloads, nothing less than 1000 yet.

Quite happily reload until the first patch comes out though icon_wink.gif

There is something strangely satisfying about continually reloading the game to see who comes up.

Unless you know something we don't about the patch icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a stats addicted (self confessed) and therefore am quite happily keeping stats on the frequency that clubs come up.

AFC Wimbledon well over 95% of reloads...

After trying to create my own tactic and it resulting with my players loosing the ball more often than not I tried a clean slate and didn't give any instructions. Typical that I start winning when all I did was put it on a default diamond! That is tactical prowess for you! Haha! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Alurny:

After trying to create my own tactic and it resulting with my players loosing the ball more often than not I tried a clean slate and didn't give any instructions. Typical that I start winning when all I did was put it on a default diamond! That is tactical prowess for you! Haha! icon_smile.gif

It seems I was making it too complicated as everyone has rediscovered how to play football icon_redface.gif!

Really enjoying this so far. Great to see everyone else seems to be having a fairly good time too.

Archived