dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After some frenetic negotiations these are the players I have lured to Chelmsford.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o197/Dave_Hammer/Che...ransfers_History.jpg

And for the first game of the season I took my boys to Braintree for a local derby with Braintree.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o197/Dave_Hammer/Bra...msfordOverview-4.jpg

We're up and running!

Well ive gone through pre season and put together a squad that will hopefully not get me sacked

squad

pre season results

Im starting to think i may have appointed the wrong player as captain though.He seems to have a slight discipline problem.

captain

However i seem to have turned Kings Lynn into the Arsenal of the early 90s. After 7 games we are 2nd in the league after a 1-1 draw, a 1-0 defeat and 5 1-0 wins on the bounce.

Originally posted by dlnwba86:

A little bit of nostalgia for us West Brom fans, and anyone watching division one football in the late nineties. Let's hope a legend helps us move in the right direction.

I'm guessing most of you are asking who the hell this guy is. icon_biggrin.gif

I remember him at Bolton, does that make me old?

Originally posted by GoalieManPat21:

Is it against the rules to keep reloading to try and get a certain club or must to go with the initial teams. Have been reloading to try and take Corby Town.

You can reload as many times as you like, I encourage it to help people get a team they really want.

I can't see Corby Town being promoted in the first season with a reputation of 650 though.

Been waiting for this thread to pop up!

Enjoying my Brighton save, but like to be able to vary the game I'm playing. Had mixed success last year, taking AFC Wimbledon to League One and Bromley to League Two. However, I'm hoping to be one of the other Kent/Sussex sides this year. Unlikey I'll get Folkestone, Maidstone, Tonbridge, Horsham or Hastings but thats the 'dream'!

Damn you Damn you Damn you!!

You have got me trying this again icon_biggrin.gif

I shall probably only do a couple of seasons then whimp out as you may remember I di last time icon_rolleyes.gif but anyway..........

Here goes Aario again with Halesowen Town

I actually seem to have full squad of players icon14.gif - however they are all rubbish icon13.gif

A little bit of nostalgia for us West Brom fans, and anyone watching division one football in the late nineties. Let's hope a legend helps us move in the right direction.

I'm guessing most of you are asking who the hell this guy is. icon_biggrin.gif

Sneekes has always been a class act, he's just as good in the Masters football I've seen him play on Sky.

He's lacking a bit of pace, but put him with a strong defensive midfielder then he'd run riot.

Originally posted by dafuge:

Holiday Man has worked his magic and I'm finally prepared for the reload-athon to get an interesting team.

Likewise Dafuge icon14.gif

So far i've got save games for Boreham Wood, Chippenham, Halesowen and Ilkeston town; however i want one of the ones that are 850 or less!

Originally posted by DaveHammer:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aston_martin:

Just got Birmingham City as my parent icon_smile.gif

good for you icon_mad.gif

not jealous at all

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To make you more unjealous, they have just sent me an AMC of L2 standard icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Holiday Man has worked his magic and I'm finally prepared for the reload-athon to get an interesting team.

Looking for anyone in particular?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wanted AFC Hornchurch but I can't see it happening icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by aston_martin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaveHammer:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aston_martin:

Just got Birmingham City as my parent icon_smile.gif

good for you icon_mad.gif

not jealous at all

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To make you more unjealous, they have just sent me an AMC of L2 standard icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif git

**********A NOTICE TO ALL PLEASE READ**********

EVERY time you post an update on your season, (even if it's just a mini update), can you post the following at the top of your post.

TEAM NAME = Chippenham DIVISION = Conference South DATE = Nov 2008. (and type ot in nold so it stands out and is easy to read.

If I was posting an update it would look like this.

Chippenham Conference South Nov 2008.

We are top of the league, or we are bottom of the league,

bla

bla

bla

bla.

Please post screenies and feel free to go into detail.

I for one will read absolutrely everything that is posted in this thread.

***** One final point. There is to be no texspeak in here. We have to adhere to the other forum rules and textspeak is no different.

If you want to post in here and share your experiences, then you have to adhere to the forum rules as well as the challnege ones.

Thanks.

Finally managed to get a low reputation team to appear, so I've taken over Boreham Wood.

Looks like it could be quite tough to survive this year. I only have one player in my first team and his name is Elvis icon_confused.gif

No staff and 4 no hopers in the youth team, my next update will probably be that I've been sacked maybe 2-3 months in.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

EVERY time you post an update on your season, (even if it's just a mini update), can you post the following at the top of your post.

TEAM NAME = Chippenham DIVISION = Conference South DATE = Nov 2008. (and type ot in nold so it stands out and is easy to read.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Chippenham Conference South Nov 2008.

bla

bla

bla

bla.

***** One final point. There is to be no texspeak in here. We have to adhere to the other forum rules and textspeak is no different.

If you want to post in here and share your experiences, then you have to adhere to the forum rules as well as the challnege ones.

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif Good work Jimbo

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

TEAM NAME = Chippenham DIVISION = Conference South DATE = Nov 2008. (and type it in bold so it stands out and is easy to read.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Chippenham Conference South Nov 2008.

bla

bla

bla

bla.

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely icon14.gif

End of Season 08/09 Update

Well season one over.

Unfortuantly didnt get promoted in my first season.

After a disapointing pre-season and start to the season Chippenham managed to pull there socks up mid way through to record a ten game un-beaten run and power up to 8th place. unfortuantly the last 2 months of the season saw them return to there starting ways and leaking goals left right and centre, to leave them finnishing the season in a respectable 12th position.

League Table

Manager Overview

Team

Mustapha Hadji. His 2nd Nationality is French, (not English), so although he doesn't require a work permit, you would probably be unable to scout him because he was not based in England.

In order for you to sign him you need to have got him on trial first, so we will need to see a pic showing this.

Here is an exemple of what it should look like and the pic that you need to show as proof.

Please don't take offence if you are asked to prove anything, it is just the nature of the challenge that we want everyone to be competing on the same level.

Good luck to you all.

Chippenham Conference South

End of Season 08/09 Update

Well season one over.

Unfortuantly didnt get promoted in my first season.

After a disapointing pre-season and start to the season Chippenham managed to pull there socks up mid way through to record a ten game un-beaten run and power up to 8th place. unfortuantly the last 2 months of the season saw them return to there starting ways and leaking goals left right and centre, to leave them finnishing the season in a respectable 12th position.

League Table

Manager Overview

Team

Sorry you most have posted the update format as i was writting my update so here it is with the appropriate title icon_biggrin.gif

I've just had the extremely pleasant surprise of finding out that Boreham Wood have Watford and Arsenal as their parent clubs, so I might actually have a better season than expected if I can get a few decent loans in icon_biggrin.gif

My chairman has said that he expects us to survive relegation by the end of the 2 year plan. Some things are still poorly worded it seems icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

900 should be enough shouldn't it?

I thought so, but no luck so far.

AFC Wimbledon and Chelmsford seem to be coming up almost every time, so I guess it's unlikely AFC Hornchurch will make it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was trying this out in testing, Tonbridge Angels and Prescot Cables were coming up with 850.

Is Boreham Wood (paulsgruff got them a few posts up) the smallest with 950 so far?

Archived