dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ejthegreat:

AFC Wimbledon 1/2 season review.

Played 19 matches so far in the 21/22 season. Yes, after 37 days actual game time it proves 1 thing, i'm a slow player icon_wink.gif

2 things have stood out this season for us.

1. Respect. That's right, we're no longer the Rodney Dangerfield of the Premiership, we're getting respect. icon_biggrin.gif The way I can best explain it is that at half time now, opposition teams aren't automatically putting long foward arrows on their wingers. In the past 2 seasons this has happened no matter the ladder position, the score or who is at home.

2. I think there might be a new contender for worst Premierhip team ever.

Table (bottom 3)

This shows the bottom 3 teams in the Premiership currently.

Last season, Burnley only got 12 points which is the lowest in this current game but they might not hold that record for long.

Sheff Wed are on course to do even worse in my game, they have 6 games of the season left to claim their first win in the league icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

Can anyone check to see what Pitch Dimensions Chelsea are using in their game, as they seem to have changed to a short wide 100m by 71m in my game.

They play 104m by 68m on mine.

Originally posted by Rickaldo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

Can anyone check to see what Pitch Dimensions Chelsea are using in their game, as they seem to have changed to a short wide 100m by 71m in my game.

They play 104m by 68m on mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

104m x 68m here as well for them.

Chippenham Town - Blue Square South - Season 4 (2011/12)

League

Media Prediction: 5th

Actual Position: 10th

Table

Graph

Cups

FA Cup: 2nd Qualifying Round

Setanta Shield: 3rd Round

FA Trophy: 1st Round

Other Info

Season Overview

Transfers

Squad

Club Info

Manager Profile

Finances

I finished this season a few days ago and am about 10 games into the next season so forgive me if my review is vague.

Well after last seasons appearance in the playoffs I felt that this season we could go a couple of steps further and finally get promoted to the BSP. Didn't happen. After about 19 games we were sitting 2nd and not too far behind 1st, after that our form was just miserable. We ended up in 10th place, my worst finish so far. The main problem was in defence, leaking goals left, right and centre and finishing with the 3rd worst defence in the league if I remember correctly.

So a disappointing season and i strengthened the defence for the next season, well I thought I had strengthened it. Like I said I am 10 games in and we are are sitting somewhere in mid table but have the worst defence in the league!

I think I must be setting some kind of record for the amount of time spent in the BSS for this challenge icon_frown.gif

Hello, I did this challenge on FM07 and it was great fun and as I can't seem to get a season going on past January on 08 I decided to do this one again and hopefully stick with it.

So say hello to:

The manager of Hitchin FC (I chose them because of their strip colour, reminds me of Norwich).

AFC Wimbledon 21/22 Premiership Season Review

What an amazing season for AFC Wimbledon. After overachieving last season finishing 5th and with our first taste of European football in the Uefa Cup, I was initially worried that squad wouldn't cope with either the workload or the expectation. Turned out that I either underestimated our squad or other teams just aren't what they used to be.

A quiet summer period with only 1 in and out of note. Young defender/midfielder Jean-Pierre Maes left but with a buy back clause I can get him back if need be. In came young left winger, Briggs who wasn't expected to play straight away but forced his way into the team in the 2nd half of the season.

After an opening draw at Man Utd, we went on a run of wins, quickly climbing to the top of table. It very quickly became a 3 horse race between Arsenal, Bolton and ourselves. Bolton were the first to crack, shortly after the new year and when we beat them 5-1, their title chances were gone. Arsenal though proved harder to crack and they took first place a number of times throughout the season but like Bolton they slipped up. We took the lead back off Arsenal after 26 matches and from there, a great run of form saw us pull away from the field in a canter for our maiden Premiership title!! icon14.gif

Table

GraphThe

With early exits in both the Carling and FA Cups, the only other part of the season was our first season in the Uefa Cup. Drawn in the group stages alongside Celtic and Porto, I was confident we could get 3rd at least and it proved to be quite straightfoward, a win over Celtic in the final game lifted us to top of the group.

First knockout rd saw us up against Racing from Spain who we saw off with ease, then came the 2nd rd against Udinese. Losing 0-1 on the road, we went back home with all the pressure on us but the guys lifted and blew Udinese away. vs Udinese 2nd leg

Next up was the Qtr Final and with 4 english teams still left, it was no surprise to meet Bolton. A great 3-1 win at home set up the 2nd leg vs Bolton and despite their dominance, we took our chances and cruised into the semi-final where we would meet another English team, Derby.

The First Leg Semi vs Derby was at Derby and we had the better of the opening half, however, couldn't take our chances and when Derby struck just before half time I was worried. This proved to be unfounded as Dyer levelled shortly after the break and then after a wave of pressure late in the game, grabbed his 2nd to give us a 2-1 win away and a great buffer for the return leg.

The Semifinal 2nd leg saw outplay Derby and with an early long range strike from Pedro, we were in total control. The only negative was how wasteful we were in front of goal but the defence hardly gave Derby a look in. Adu then sealed the game, the tie and a trip to the final with an injury time goal. 2-0 and 4-1 aggregate.

So it was off to Brussels and the State Roi Baudouin against an experienced and dangerous Valencia team who had just a few years earlier made three Champions League Semi-Finals (1 Final). The game got off to a flyer when we attacked through the middle, Pedro coming foward of halfway and passing to Dyer about 30yrds out. He took 1 touch and threaded a prefectly weighted angled pass to Muller who took the shot first time and drilled it in the far bottom corner. 1-0.

Then in the 20th minute, the ball came down the left flank and was whipped in by Briggs, Valencia clearing but in doing so left Pedro on his own 35yrds out. The ball came back to left back Belanik who put it at the feet of Pedro and from there he dribbled it inside the box and from 15yrd slid a low left footed shot past the keeper. 2-0 at half time and 1 hand one the cup.

It remained 2-0 until the 80th minute when Valencia got a free kick just foward of half way on the right flank. Instead of the long ball to the edge of the box, they took it quickly and passed it straight ahead to where their striker, Barkero had caught the defence napping and ran onto it at the corner of the box. Di Giuseppe came out but Barkero beat him easily. 2-1.

Valencia then threw men foward at all costs until the 91st minute when we won a corner after taking the ball into the corner flag. Valencia kept men foward and so when Kamara hit it to the back post, Douglas had only his own man to beat which he did and drove the nail into the coffin and with that AFC Wimbledon had won the Uefa Cup, 3-1. Uefa Cup Final vs Valencia

The board were ecstatic and shocked with the win Board reaction.

Competition Confidence A great season bar the early loss in the FA Cup when I sent out the kids.

Squad Here is the main squad for the season.

First XI (+6 more who were vital/up and coming)

GK: Di Giuseppe He might be young for a first choice keeper but he has been a goliath in goal for 2 seasons now. My best keeper my a million miles and even if he doesn't improve any more I'll be delighted with him.

DR/DL: Panagiotidis was a rock at right back. Not the best average but consistent and solid, all I could ask. His left sided partner in crime was Belanik the speedster who whilst not providing a great deal in attack, could always be relied on. These two were backed up by Bourgeois, a young french full back who has already caught the attention of many other clubs.

DC: A three pronged attack was used in central defence. With three fairly equal players, I felt a rotation was needed to keep all happy. Kondakovs© was a star, leader and even managed to score crucial goals throughout the campaign. Alongside him were Douglas and Henrique. Douglas is best known for his pace and aerial ability and Henrique is a very skilled defender, who, according to scouts, can still improve quite a bit. His corner and free kick taking also added many goals during the season.

MR: Along with the left wing, this is my weakest part of the team. Kamara performed very well despite being a more natural central midfielder. Kilian supported him but after deciding to move to Chelsea early in the season (I pushed transfer back to end of season) Kamara was given first chance as the season went on. To improve this position, I've already secured the return of Mahmoud for next season. Mahmoud had been sold by my chairman for £27.5m at the beginning of the previous season and now he'll be back for £12.5m icon_biggrin.gif

ML: The old and the new shared duties here. Briggs started in the reserves but injuries gave him a chance and he took it with and never looked back. He was complimented by the aging but still valuable, Adu. Adu is one of 3 non-regens left at the club and the only one playing regularly after Chambers and Taiwo were reduced to backups.

MC: The heart of the team and arguably the two best players in the team. Baticle plays the more defensive role, protecting the defence and launching attacks. Then when it comes to setting up attacks, there are none better than Pedro the puppet master. Didn't get the number of assists this season but scored a number himself and his dualfooteness opens up the entire field, making the wingers much more dangerous. These two were supported by a youngster, Gerrits who held his own whenver called upon, especially when Pedro and Baticle both got injured at the same time.

ST: Like the central defence, this required a three pronged attack. Muller was the star, leading both goals scored and average rating for the club. His speed and ability on the ball too much for most defenders. He was complimented by Dobi who settled much better with half a season under his belt from last year. He lacks pace but is strong and incredible on and off the ball. The third part of the triangle was Dyer, who spent the first half of the season coming off the bench. When Dobi got injured he came in and did everything I could ask, especially in Europe when he dominated many games.

Awards: 6 players (5 starting) made the Team of the year. As you can see, my defenders (and keeper) were immense and it was no surprise that I conceded the least goals (36) this year.

On a personal note, my performance as manager was noticed and rewarded with theManager of the year title.

Off-field information:

Club Info

Finances

List of rich clubs, we've moved right up after our successes.

Manager Profile

Aims for next season (and beyond):

1. Win Champions League and finish Challenge.

Hitchin Season 10/11 review - Blue Squre South

After such a disappointing second season last year, where Hitchin again missed out on promotion, it was obvious that further quality had to be brought into the squad. There was therefore a fair bit of reshuffling of the pack, as the transfers screen shows, with many of the new boys coming in from Scotland, perhaps feeling at home with sharing my nationality. Among the best was the striker, Kevin Kerr and left winger Manson.

I was hoping for a fast start to this season, the last two having been notable for strong finishes only. I didn't get it. After 11 games we sat a lowly 15th and the chairman was getting impatient. At that point it was obvious the problem was not the players but the manager. Some slight but significant tactical tweaks were made, and the season really started to take off. A fine run of 4 wins by 3-1 or 4-1 was sandwiched by the beggining and end of our FA Cup run, the heroics of last season being impossible to match. It all begs the question of 'what might have been?' last season had I made similar changes.

After 23 games, we hit top spot, and as it turned out, would not vacate it for the rest of the season. A team that struggled badly to score previously found itself in free scoring form, the impressive youngster Kerr and the fantastic Iranian/Englishman Mohsen Sarvari doing most of the damage, with 27 and 30 goals respectively. Sarvari was also honoured by becoming Hitchin's first international, earning a couple of caps for Iran. A well earned if not unexpcted (well, by me) promotion was earned with a couple of games remaining. A game away to 2nd place Crawley that resulted in a comfortable 3-1 win secured it due to far superior goal difference, before a 3-0 trouncing of relegated Eastborne Boro made it secure for the mathematicians as well.

Results and tables

Results 1

Results 2

Results 3

League table

League progress graph - for once, we hit form early enough for it to influence the outcome of the season.

Top players

This season, those few additions made the sqad notably better. I particular, we became dangerous going forward, with the strikers and wingers the top performers, as the squad average ratings screen shows. Player of the year by a mile is Sarvari, bu the best of the rest of those not already mentioned would be John Smith, on the right wing and the centre backs Milsom and Bell, who both continue to attract interest from bigger teams. The assistant reports shows that the coaches are pretty happy with the squad. Our best players are in fact rated as good enough for League 2, which looks good for the future. I mentioned a number of Scottish boys coming in. the best of those are in midefield, all of whom could have decent careers at Hitchin or elsewhere - they are Russell, Logan and Nairn. At this point, it's difficult to pick out which will make it with us.

Club overview

Season summary - far more goals flying in, all in all, a good season

Wages - wages are creeping up, a mark of the squad's gradual improvement

Decent finances - some player sales helped matters along here, as did much higher attendances, which were boosted by a fan day which coincided with a 4-1 win that saw 3 red cards!

Club info screen

Club records

Board confidence - they love me again, and proved it with a new 3 year contract.

Manager profile - manager of the year

FINALLY we get out of this Godforsaken division. This is a maturing team and with bags of potential. If the right players are willing to sign, next season could also be successful. Hopfully we can sneak a play off place.

Originally posted by 1873Chris:

After almost 10 hours of playing my save game has just become corrupt and i've lost my game.

Totally gutted and don't really know if i want to start again it hurts that much

Off-topic really but just a quick question for anyone who's experienced a corrupt save as it seems to pop up pretty often on this and other threads where games are running for a number of seasons. How often do you save your game?

I have auto-save set for monthly saves and I've never had a corrupt save yet. I'm wondering if playing for too long in-game time between saves can lead to the corruption.

I know the time to save can be a pain but I think recent versions have optimised this really well and each save for me takes only 1-2 seconds.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by 1873Chris:

So after a corrupt file it was time to start again

I couldn't face going the wombles again so decided to take over at Merthyr Tydfil

I feel your pain - I was in season 2020/21 when my PC died totally.

Originally posted by daemonic:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 1873Chris:

After almost 10 hours of playing my save game has just become corrupt and i've lost my game.

Totally gutted and don't really know if i want to start again it hurts that much

Off-topic really but just a quick question for anyone who's experienced a corrupt save as it seems to pop up pretty often on this and other threads where games are running for a number of seasons. How often do you save your game?

I have auto-save set for monthly saves and I've never had a corrupt save yet. I'm wondering if playing for too long in-game time between saves can lead to the corruption.

I know the time to save can be a pain but I think recent versions have optimised this really well and each save for me takes only 1-2 seconds.

Just a thought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the last time I encountered a corrupted savegame was on fm07. I havent had one yet on 08. I usually save every week - or just before every match. Besides that I use incremental save into 3 files.

I've decided I've been away long enough since taking Maidstone United to the Premier League (and then back to the Championship & unemployment) to have a fresh go at this until Footie Manager 09.

Currently loading my game to the end of the 08/09 season, hoping to have AFC Wimbledon & Chelmsford City already up and to have some unique smaller clubs come up.

Expect new profile soon.

Marine - Premier League 2031-32

After last seasons rather disapointing Third place finish in the league (that was slightly made up for by winning the FA Cup for the first time), I started the season off by winning the Copa America with Brazil - we were poor throughout a competition that Brazil have dominated in the past - we beat Colombia in our opening game, before drawing to Peru and then suffering the embrassment of losing to Canada thanks to gifting them a last minute pen, but it was enough to qualify for the quarter-final where we'd need extra-time to beat Paraguay before beating Mexico on pens in the Semi to setup the final with Colombia. With the Copa America won I decided to end my two year reign as Brazil Manager (Though they did want me back straight away), as International management isn't all that fun.

Domesticaly the board actually lowered their expectations this season, they only wanted me to challenge for the title rather than win it, though long term they still wanted me to win the league this season.

It would also be another busy season transferwise - 12 youngsters were sold after they either didn't have the potential or hadn't developed, I also lost six first teamers, after they all decided they didn't want to play for the club, and my chairman gleefuly accepted any bids for most of them - including bids for Welsh Midfielder McIntosh, Italian Winger Rocchi and Belgian Keeper Vermeir, whilst Bulgarian Winger Petrov went to Title Rivals Newcastle for £20m, another Keeper Howey went to Bolton for £5m, Russian Defender Solovjov went to Roma for £12m, though the biggest loss would be Italian Right Back Costanzo who joined Champions League Winners Valencia for £15m - he was my corner and pen taker and lossing his assists could prove costly.

So with half my team sold (I've actually lost 67 players over the last 5 seasons) I decided to give my youngsters a chance, mainly because I cannot seem to attract any World-Class players, and the English talent isn't that impressive in the positions I needed. So the only first teamer that I signed was 24yo English Central Midfielder Colin Bettney from Southend for a club record £20.5m, other signings were some promising youngsters including English Youngsters LB Gary Beesley, ST Jon Sawyer and DM Dean King, Spanish Keeper Alfonso, Swedish Winger/Striker Zlatan Safari, I also spent £7m on three promising Italian Youngsters Keeper Alessi, and Midfielders Redaelli and Cioni.

Is it just me but does anyone else's scouts struggle to find players outside of Europe?, it's been years since my scouts have found an actual player in Africa or Asia, and they only ever find one or two in America.

This season would be one of my toughest in several seasons - I had the least squad depth in years, and with large numbers of my team being inexperienced, I'd have to hope that my remaining first teamers stayed injury free and inform.

The season started off well as we beat Newcastle 3-1 to claim our Third Community Shield, and we started the league on fire, Striker Lasarte grabbing a hat-trick against Chelsea and Sheff Wed in 6-0 and 3-1 wins, we then fell away with disappointing 0-0 draws to Birmingham and Huddersfield before crushing 9man Liverpool 4-0 at home. We then lost to Man City and Arsenal before refinding our form to climb to the top of the table in November, but then over Winter we started to fall down the table, our league games were getting postponed whilst 1-0 defeats to WBA and Birmingham and the low point when Huddersfield ended our 92 game unbeaten Home record spanning four seasons which left us 7th in the league (due to being upto 3 games behind teams above me in the league) icon_frown.gif

Before the Huddersfield game we actually beat Chelsea in the league 3-0, and also beat Newcastle in the FA Cup, whilst after the Huddersfield game we beat Man City 2-1 and Liverpool 4-3 at New Anfield before losing 2-1 to Newcastle who managed to win all 19 Home League games this season!

Defeat to Newcastle left us in fifth after 24 games and 13 points behind run away leaders Newcastle who'd played an extra game than us. We followed the Newcastle game with four straight wins including a 5-0 win over Arsenal, which left us in second place 10 points behind a Newcastle side who just wouldn't lose and 4 points ahead of Portsmouth and Arsenal who now both had a game in hand on me, though a 1-0 defeat to Portsmouth allowed them to go past me in the league with just 10 games left.

We followed the Portsmouth game with victories over Mboro, Southend, Leeds and a 3-1 win at Old Trafford over Man Utd we reclaimed second place and were now only 11 points behind Leaders Newcastle with two games in hand - Newcastle had only claimed 22 points in their last 10 games, whilst we'd claimed 24 points from 9 games and with Arsenal and Portsmouth both within two points of me things were hotting up.

We managed to easily win our two games in hand over Brighton and Bolton, which left us only 5 points behind Newcastle with Three games to go, Arsenal had also somehow managed to stay just one point behind me, making it a three horse race for the title as Portsmouth had finally fallen away.

The 36th game of the season saw me narrowly beat WBA 1-0 at home, whilst Arsenal beat Sheff Wed, but Newcastle had slipped up falling to a 3-1 defeat to Southampton, this left us just two points behind Newcastle with two games left.

The 37th game of the season saw all three of us win, I beat Spurs 2-1, Arsenal beat Chelsea 2-1, whilst Newcastle beat Portsmouth 2-0 at home.

So we'd go into the last day of the season with the table like this (please work):

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

PTS GD

Newcastle 82 +40

Marine 80 +51

Arsenal 79 +38

</pre>

The season would also throw up a another twist - our final game of the season would be at Home to Newcastle, this would mean Arsenal couldn't actually win the league, but a win for Arsenal would claim second place, if we won we'd claim the title, whilst a draw would be good enough for Newcastle.

History wasn't exactly on my side, in 28/29 we gifted Newcastle the title by losing to them on the last day of the season.

We started strongly but just couldn't find away past Newcastle's Keeper, as Newcastle seemed happy to take a draw, and with chances mounting up without a goal I knew how this would end, but then in the 86th minute our pressure finally paid off, Simon Barrow took a throwin from the right and found French Midfielder Richard who was surrounded by Newcastle players, but he managed to square the ball to Italian Davide Romeo who was unmarked just outside the area, he made a first time pass to Colin Bettney who was just inside the area, and he unleashed a fierce drive high at goal, and GOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL! Bettney's fifth goal of the season had given Marine the Title against all odds!

Final Table - even worse for Newcastle was that Arsenal pipped them to second icon_smile.gif It was a rather weird season this season, it was the first time since the second season that 83 points were required to win the League (Less than 70 has been enough several times), Newcastle won all 19 Home games this season, Arsenal only drew once, whilst at the bottom of the table Sheff Wed become the first team to finish the season without a win going through three managers in the process, whilst Chelsea yet again narrowly avoided relagation icon_frown.gif

POS Graph - the title never looked possible until March when we finished the season with 9 straight wins.

So with the League won we still had the small matter of the Champions League to deal with, with the league a priority I used Europe as a chance for my youngsters to gain some experience, we started off in the 3rd Qualifying round where we beat Bulgarian side Litex 6-0 and 2-0.

In the Group stages we were still a first seed and ended up with an easy group containing Espanyol, Braga and Shakhtar, we walked the group Qualifying after 4 straight wins, whilst we failed to win our last two games I was fielding several youth players to keep my first team fit and injury free.

In the Knockout Round we'd face Juventus who we'd drawn to in our last two encounters, and a trip to Turin didn't faze my team as Lasarte scored a Hat-Trick in a 3-1 win. But we didn't bother to turn up for the first half of the second leg at home and found ourselves going in 3-0 down at half-time in our worst ever Home Performance. In the second half we started to get back into the game (not that we could do any worse) and just before the hour mark Italian Winger Radice put us back into the game with a goal from just inside the area, then in the 94th minute sub Simon Barrow was brought down on the edge of the area, and my Italian Left-Back Vincenzo Romeo fired the free-kick into the top corner with the last kick of the game, to somehow see us past Juventus.

Rather Interestingly only me and Arsenal we able to defend first leg leads, in the other 6 games the team who won the first leg managed to throw their lead away in the second leg, whilst Romanian Side Rapid made the Knockout round for only the second time - and in two seasons aswell, before losing to Arsenal.

The Quarter Finals would be a whole lot easier on the nerves as we'd meet Braga again, a double from Rowlands in Portugal gave us a 2-1 First Leg Win, and the second leg was over after 12mins when Braga were reduced to 10men for a lunge, before my fullbacks Romeo and Cartwright made sure of the tie in the first half.

In the Semi-Final we'd play Arsenal, who would be the First English side we have met in the Champions League (Though we did beat Newcastle in the UEFA Cup Semi before losing the Final to Southend 6 years ago).

Again we were in charge for the First Leg easily winning 3-0 thanks to a double from Rowlands and Volkov scoring the rebound from a missed pen.

In the Second Leg with us 3-0 up and important League games ahead I decided to field my second string, that may have been a mistake, Arsenal went for the kill from the start and were 4-0 up within 35minutes and it was looking like a rout, we just weren't in the game, but even 4-0 down we just needed a goal but we just didn't seem interested until the 93rd minute when my young English Left Winger Taylor planted a corner to the near post, that my Brazilian Defender Marcio flicked into the goal, and again we'd made it through with the last kick of the game, winning the tie on Away goals did seem to rather annoy my fans.

This would be our Third Champions League and we'd meet Five-Times Winners FC Bayern in the final, we haven't actually met FC Bayern since they knocked us out of the UCL on away goals back in 2025 in our first ever European game.

W£hilst our previous two encounters had ended 3-2 and 4-3, this one was lower key affair, Bayern took the lead in the 9th minute, and from that point on we attacked and attacked and attacked but just couldn't beat Bayern's Keeper who was on fire, we eventually scored early in the second half thanks to Italian Winger Radice, but we just couldn't find a second goal in normal time or extra-time, so our Second UCL Final would be decided on pens - We started well English Winger Barrow opened the scoring, but we followed that up with three woeful pens - Radice and Marcio both fired pens straight at the Bayern Keeper, whilsy my Keeper decided to dive out of the way of Bayern's pens, so it would come down to my 4th pen upstepped Academy lad Lee Knowles but he blasted his pen into orbit giving Bayern the Champions League icon_frown.gif

Marine Squad - Success this season was remarkable considering I had 12 rookie players in my squad.

In Goal Kevin Barton was a rock in his First full season at the club and even became a World-Class Keeper, which is good as Backup Laup isn't very good and will join Getafe at the end of the season for £2.3m.

In Defence Academy player Lee Knowles was given the #2 jersey and had a solid season, providing cover is the rather injury-prone Will Cartwright who joined from Leyton Orient for £1m a couple of season's ago, with Cartwright injury prone, Academy player Gianluca Wilkinson (an adpt name considering my team is nearly fully Anglo-Italian) was drafted in, because I didn't have anyone else, he did okay, and being worth £1m hopefully means he has some potential.

At Centre-Back Englishmen James Flanagan was choosen to partner Bonomi in the Centre of Defence and he had an outstanding season, claiming European Defender of the Year, Young Player of the Month for every month bar one, and had the highest rating in the League, but was snubbed in the end of season awards for much worse players - he was miles better than any of the Top Three for Young Player of the Year, whilst Player of the Year Award was a fix, Three frankly poor Arsenal Strikers Winning, with Andersson only starting 10 of those 21 games!

Also in Defence my other promising English Defender Martin Johnson becomes a Wonderkid aswell.

In Midfield New Signing Colin Bettney fitted in well, claiming the goal that won the title, while French Midfielder Emmanuel Richard becomes my latest World-Class Midfielder. On the Wings Italian Giuseppe Radice stepped into Rocchi's shoes and had a fantastic season claming 16 assists, whilst Russian Eugeny Volkov had his best season yet, providing cover were two English Youngsters Simon Barrow had joined from Everton for £65K as a kid, whilst Matt Taylor arrived from Southend the season before with high expectations after I paid £3.5m for him. (Rather annoyingly Southend and Newcastle are producing the best English Youngsters).

Upfront Eduardo Lasarte now has 232 League Goals from just 278 Appearances, and whilst he was on fire in the League, Luke Rowlands was on fire in Europe, though a slight problem I have is that Jose Carlos Vargs didn't like being third choice, and demanded a transfer after I didn't put him straight back into the first team after after he'd recovered from injury, and he'll be returning to Spain for £15m at the end of the season, which is a shame as apart from the last two seasons when he has suffered from injury he did well, and it now leaves my strike force rather weak - Mexican Striker Cardenas hasn't impressed and I'm left hoping that Brazilian Ricardo has improved after spending last season at Inter Milan.

Snapshot - We again lost in the Semi-Final of the Carling Cup, this time to Chelsea on away goals thanks to them changing their pitch dimensions, also since when has away goals been used after extra-time but not full-time? Whilst we lost in the 5th Round of the FA Cup 2-1 to Birmingham.

Profile - My South American Knowledge disappeared at the end of the season, as did most of my other knowledge due to managers retiring. Whilst Domestic Bias is possibly in the minus numbers.

Club Info - The Traitors from last season drop off the Favoured Personnel list, whilst I still haven't got onto it, club rep is still only Continental, whils the council have again blocked expansion of my ground icon_frown.gif

Overall Best XI - See's Captain Bonomi make the first XI and Midfielder Davide Romeo make the bench, whilst Lasarte is likely to get his 300 goal for the club next season.

Nationality Break Down (Hopefully the code will work)

FIRST RES YTH

ARG 1

BEL 1

BRA 1 1

BUL 1

DEN 1

ENG 12 11 9

ESP 3 1

FRA 1 1

IRL 1 1

ITA 6 2 1

MEX 1

MLT 1

MTQ 1

NED 2

NIR 1

RUS 1

SCO 1

SVN 1

SWE 1

</pre>

My team is now becoming Anglo-Italian, though 20 of those 32 Englishmen are from my Academy.

The plan for next season is to see if we can get our Reputation upto Worldwide and try and win the Champions League for the first time in several years.

I also may need to spend some of the £500m I've got in the bank, as we are lacking cover down the wings, upfront and at right-back

Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

Nationality Break Down (Hopefully the code will work)

FIRST RES YTH

ARG 1

BEL 1

BRA 1 1

BUL 1

DEN 1

ENG 12 11 9

ESP 3 1

FRA 1 1

IRL 1 1

ITA 6 2 1

MEX 1

MLT 1

MTQ 1

NED 2

NIR 1

RUS 1

SCO 1

SVN 1

SWE 1

</pre>

Figured I'd try and do the same for interests sake, also first time using code so need luck.

FIRST RES YTH

AUS 1

BEL 1

BIH 1

BRA 3

CHI 1

EGY 1

ENG 6 12

ESP 2

EST 1

FIN 1

FRA 2 1

GER 1

GRE 1

IRL 2

ISL 1

ITA 2

LVA 1 1

MAY 1

NED 1 1

ROM 1

SCO 1 1

SLV 1

SVK 1 1

TUR 1

VAN 2

WFI 2

</pre>

Obviously the widespread nature of the reserves is probably the most interesting thing as is the lack of english players from my youth team that are good enough to be offered a contract in the reserves.

On a side note, Ashley Chambers' contract ran out and I decided that at 32 he wouldn't have a chance to play first team football anymore so I decided to release him on a free. The board intervened and said he was too valuable to leave. icon_eek.gif He's not on the favoured personnel or anything so it's a little strange. Also, just had the 2022 World Cup and whilst England stupidly won (they also won 2014), the craziest things were; 1) Brazil going out in the group stage and 2) The game between Holland and France in the group stage resulted in Holland being down to 9 men after 15minutes icon_rolleyes.gif

I've always been too scared to attempt this but having tried a similar venture in Russia and failing miserably, I thought it was time to return to the English leagues and give Dafuge's challenge a go. All the promoted teams were 1000+ reputation so I took the easy route and went for AFC Wimbledon.

Manager Profile

Originally posted by Tomaldinho:

I've always been too scared to attempt this but having tried a similar venture in Russia and failing miserably, I thought it was time to return to the English leagues and give Dafuge's challenge a go. All the promoted teams were 1000+ reputation so I took the easy route and went for AFC Wimbledon.

Manager Profile

This challenge is a killer mate! Gotta be the best reward though to take a team this low in England to the Prem and Champo!

Hi all

I am back! Been away from the site for a while and now am back and i will be restarting this challenge.

I am just loading up a new game now.

Well done to everyone who has completed the challenge, and who are taking part!!

Best and most rewarding challenge there is!

Right, tried this last year and failed big time! But wanted a game to last till 09 comes out and think this will be it.

Holiday mode right now so will have screen shot later.

Well done to everyone that has completed the challenge icon14.gif I know from experience just how much work is needed icon_mad.gif

MARINE SEASON 08/09 BSN UPDATE

Just finished my first season with marine, strated ok, went bad ended ok.

Had a four game unbeateen start after signing 21 free transfers, after this wnt on a run of 12 with out a win before scrapping a win and my seaon continued like this. I'd win a game or 2 before losing 4 or 5 on th bounce.

HIt the relegation zone for the first time with just 2 games left and was thinking i was going down, however a god 3-1 win in my last home game coupled with a 3-3 draw in the last game just about kept me up.

league table

Not talked about the cups as they were carp. Knocked out in first match of each.

Got my transfer targets for next year, after a new back 4 and a st.

Hi everybody,

I’m 4 seasons late, so here’s my update.

My first year in CCC was not to bad, I was never able to challenge for the play-offs, nor for relegation, so nothing special.

Second year was much better, even if I could not fight with Middlesbrough, I always felt confident for direct promotion, my team was very regular and played good football.

My first year in the PL was the most difficult season I’ve ever had with FM… 6 games before the end, I had to face 3 big clubs (If I remember Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham), and the last 3 games against other teams. I hoped to get 0 pts from the first 3 ones, and 6 pts (home games) from the others. But in fact, I got 5 pts against the big teams, and lost the last 3 games… Fortunately, Coventry did even worse, and so I gained the right to stay in PL…

Second season in PL, with most of the players that led me to a 17th spot finish the season before, and yet, it was nothing like that. If I had not had this so poor form at the end of the season (38 pts the first half of season, and only 21 the second half), I would have tasted the CL next year. Anyway, it will be Europe, by uefa cup or summer trophy…

Chippenham – CCC – 2014/2015

Final position : 12th

Graph

General information

General summary

My players

Transfers

Finances

Chippenham – CCC – 2015/2016

Final position : 2nd

Graph

General information