dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

canvey!! – Mangotsfield United – 2014/15 – Blue Square Premier

Pre-Season Review

Mangotsfield 4-3 Gloucester

Grey team and rivals Gloucester thrashed us in the opening minutes, but we took the lead in the 32nd through Montserrat forward Brian Ryan. However it took less than 5 minutes for Gloucester to get their inevitable goal. Left winger Ruben French salvaged the half for us by giving us the late lead in the 44th minute. My half-time team talk didn’t seem to work, as Gloucester scored again in the 48th, and by the 56th had taken the lead. Alex Titchener made the score look respectable with an equaliser on the hour mark, and Brian Ryan got his brace in the 78th minute to give us a win in a game in which grey team Gloucester thrashed us.

MOM: Brian Ryan, AM/FC Mangotsfield (8)

Mangotsfield 3-0 Yate

We got our opener in the 16th minute, left winger Ruben French firing it into the top corner. Sean Morrison added a headed goal in the 23rd, Ruben French once again involved with the assist. Some backs-to-the-wall defending meant Yate preserved that lead, despite the barrage against them, and when we eased on the gas Town played better, but they still failed to get that goal. We topped off our victory through Spencer Harris in the 76th minute.

MOM: Ruben French, ML Mangotsfield (8)

AFC Hornchurch 1-2 Mangotsfield

If AFC Hornchurch and Mangotsfield met, I’d want The Mighty Urchins to win. But not when I’m managing Field. It certainly seemed that they would win, Freddie Thorpe giving our throw in to Hornchurch to take the 1-0 lead in the 12th minute. Just as full time loomed, Alex Titchener’s 88th minute goal drew the scores level. But he still wasn’t happy, and added the winner just inside stoppage time.

MOM: Alex Titchener, ST Mangotsfield (8)

Mangotsfield 0-4 Bristol Rovers

We did okay against one of the two local Championship teams (the other being Bristol City) Bristol Rovers. It took Rovers 21 minutes to go ahead, and we held them to that goal for the first half. We had a handful of shots, but weren’t that threatening. Chris Christie added the second for Rovers in the 63rd minute, and Andrew Williams decided that instead of a nicely played friendly that both teams would enjoy, a humiliation was in order. His goal in the 80th gave them a three goal lead, and Russell Bowyer also was in favour of a demolition rather than an exhibition, and he scored in the 5th minute of 4 minutes stoppage time.

MOM: Chris Christie, DM Bristol Rovers (8)

Mangotsfield 3-0 Northwich

Here’s where my campaign of vengeance begins. The idea: look back at Mangotsfield’s past fixtures and play friendlies against any team which appear above us on a Past Meetings Table, so that eventually, we’ll top every Past Meetings table. Ruben French’s stunning free kick gave us the lead 18 minutes in, and Robert Duffy, despite being injured, doubled that advantage in the 24th. Still injured, he got his brace in the 44th, but I had to take him off at half time due to his injury. Not much more happened in the match, we had the better of possession but no chances were really that great. Steve Amos was solid in goal, and the win puts us ahead in the Past Meetings alphabetically.

MOM: Robert Duffy, ST Mangotsfield (9)

Mangotsfield 2-0 Witton

Sean Morrison launched us into the lead in the 33rd minute. Not much else happened, and Mark Walker wrapped up the win for us half an hour after Morrison’s opening strike.

MOM: Ruben French, ML Mangotsfield (8)

Mangotsfield 4-3 Heybridge

Robert Duffy opened the scoring in the 19th minute, Alex Titchener adding in the 25th. Chris Greenwood, on as a substitute for the injured Mark Walker, made it three just a few minutes from the break. Ryan Cotton got Heybridge a goal in the 49th minute, after yet again we gave a throw-in straight to the opposition. His goal in the 58th minute narrowed our margin. From a long-range free kick for Heybridge taken by Ian Saxton, I expected Cotton to get his hattrick, but no! Steve Amos messed up and let Saxton’s ball go straight past him for the equaliser. We were only saved the embarrassment of losing by a Danny Crowe own goal deep into stoppage time.

Season Ticket Sales: 217

Transfers

Pre-Season Multiple Goalscorers: Alex Titchener (4), Ruben French (3), Robert Duffy (3), Brian Ryan (2), Sean Morrison (2)

A good pre-season, if not for the embarrassing blushes to Heybridge, AFC Hornchurch and Gloucester. Ruben French is looking great, and Robert Duffy is certainly improving. Steve Amos is supposed to be quality, but I’ve seen no more than decent from him so far. I’ll be looking for a great improvement if we want to concede less than the 101 league goals we conceded last season.

Youth Player Project – Much credit to NepentheZ whose idea this was

(2014): Brian Knight, England (D/MC)

Looks about a decent Blue Square Premier player, one of my scouts says he has the potential to be quality, but all other staff recommend offloading him. We shall see…

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

Ive seen everyone showing their best player from their youth system. Just found this guy in myn, must be one of best youngsters ive had through my system.

Bratt

Coach Report

potential to be a "leading premiership player"

2 things.

1. The use of tools such as FMM are not welcome in Dafuge's Challenge.

2. The fact that the player is "that good" at that age, and you have FMM open says to me that you've edited him to become that good.

Sorry, all respect has gone out the window here. Its not a race to see who can get the best ever youth, nor to see who gets the first youth to be a superstar - its just to track progress of your young hopefuls.

-1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand that the respect is gone. I used FMM to see how good he actually was, not to improve him. I have state of the art youth facilities now, so some gems are appearing. Honestly, i have made no attribute changes in this game

Originally posted by matty_8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

Ive seen everyone showing their best player from their youth system. Just found this guy in myn, must be one of best youngsters ive had through my system.

Bratt

Coach Report

potential to be a "leading premiership player"

2 things.

1. The use of tools such as FMM are not welcome in Dafuge's Challenge.

2. The fact that the player is "that good" at that age, and you have FMM open says to me that you've edited him to become that good.

Sorry, all respect has gone out the window here. Its not a race to see who can get the best ever youth, nor to see who gets the first youth to be a superstar - its just to track progress of your young hopefuls.

-1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand that the respect is gone. I used FMM to see how good he actually was, not to improve him. I have state of the art youth facilities now, so some gems are appearing. Honestly, i have made no attribute changes in this game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The use of FMM is still forbidden in this challenge regardless.

ok thanks for clearing that up then.

just to reiterate I didnt change any attributes, but I wont be posting any more progress as I can now tell it wont be respected/believed. My own fault icon_frown.gif

Lets leave it up to Dafuge as to how you can and can't post (I'm not the thread owner here ... just a forumite icon_wink.gif ).

just to reiterate I didnt change any attributes, but I wont be posting any more progress as I can now tell it wont be respected/believed. My own fault icon_frown.gif

Lets leave it up to Dafuge as to how you can and can't post (I'm not the thread owner here ... just a forumite icon_wink.gif ). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No but even if I was to post, people will now just say "he cheated to do that" etc. even though i never.

for example im closing in on Premiership this season yet I wont receive any respect for it now. Pointless posting but im really enjoying my Tiverton career so Ill just keep it to myself

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Lets leave it up to Dafuge as to how you can and can't post (I'm not the thread owner here ... just a forumite icon_wink.gif ). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No but even if I was to post, people will now just say "he cheated to do that" etc. even though i never.

for example im closing in on Premiership this season yet I wont receive any respect for it now. Pointless posting but im really enjoying my Tiverton career so Ill just keep it to myself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough.

and also about point 1: is it completely banned? Can I not use it to check my potential of my youth players or is that against rules? Sorry about the mix up, I didnt mean to cheat if i did

I can see why this wouldn't be allowed. If you know the players potential then you hang on to the good ones and offload the no-hopers.

Originally posted by daemonic:

and also about point 1: is it completely banned? Can I not use it to check my potential of my youth players or is that against rules? Sorry about the mix up, I didnt mean to cheat if i did

I can see why this wouldn't be allowed. If you know the players potential then you hang on to the good ones and offload the no-hopers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah in hindsight i have to agree. oh well screwed this up eh

No external utilities such as FMScout should be used and the database should be unedited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

From the opening post.

Could it have happened on a worse day?

Probably the sign off

believe it if you want nepenthez.

and Dafuge, I know i used the FMM to check on my youths, but i didnt not know this was stated as a rule. Yes I know im stupid but would appreciate if you could add this to my update icon_smile.gif

I'm not really bothered if you did or didn't use FMM. Some people use FMM and its quite obvious (those that complete the challenge by like, 2015/2016) - and then others use it as a scouting tool - and don't edit at all. Either way, I'm not a big fan of them, but if thats how you wish to play your game, I'm not here to tell you otherwise.

Could it have happened on a worse day?

Probably the sign off

believe it if you want nepenthez.

and Dafuge, I know i used the FMM to check on my youths, but i didnt not know this was stated as a rule. Yes I know im stupid but would appreciate if you could add this to my update icon_smile.gif

I'm not really bothered if you did or didn't use FMM. Some people use FMM and its quite obvious (those that complete the challenge by like, 2015/2016) - and then others use it as a scouting tool - and don't edit at all. Either way, I'm not a big fan of them, but if thats how you wish to play your game, I'm not here to tell you otherwise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My problem is that i cant get FM Scout to work? Just errors so use this to scout my youths instead

I think most on here will feel the use of any tool to check players CA & PA is wrong. Scouts and coach assessments are all that should be used. Of course you end up signing duds (and how) but the satisfaction when a real gem comes through the ranks is worth it.

Originally posted by max1994:

matty_8 keep posing updates dont give a damn wot people fink if they say you cheated just tell em to **** off lol icon_biggrin.gif

max, you clearly don't appreciate the history of Dafuge's Challenge. I'm sure he is welcome to continue posting updates, but the fact of the matter his, he's used an external tool which is not allowed in this challenge. End of.

I hate this game in so very, very much! My save file is corrupt, some sort of error thingy!!!

I'll either start again or do another challenge. I don't think FM wants me to play this challenge this year. icon_rolleyes.gif

I finished my first year and do have screen shots so if I'm bored enough I'll show you how I got on, not that it matters now icon_frown.gif

Guest niresearch

I agree with Nep on this one. The dafuge challenge is a specific 'competition' if you like with rules. The rules here have been broken and there's evidence of that. With that in mind matty, you're contribution to this challenge should now be dismissed. It's unfortunate that you didn't read or understand the rules from the outset. I hope you keep enjoying your tiverton game but you certainly shouldn't appear on the leaderboard or have your entry allowed on the dafuge challenge website anymore. I would suggest keeping your tiverton game for your own personally enjoyment, and starting the dafuge challenge from scratch - good luck!

So... 10 games into the new BSP season and Tivvy have a total of 7 points... Really not the start I had in mind. We're playing abysmal football and the DM that I loaned from wherever he came from has turned out to be a match loser. He's amazing at passing... to the opposition.

Well, still 36 games to go, we can turn this around right? ...right?

Originally posted by niresearch:

I agree with Nep on this one. The dafuge challenge is a specific 'competition' if you like with rules. The rules here have been broken and there's evidence of that. With that in mind matty, you're contribution to this challenge should now be dismissed. It's unfortunate that you didn't read or understand the rules from the outset. I hope you keep enjoying your tiverton game but you certainly shouldn't appear on the leaderboard or have your entry allowed on the dafuge challenge website anymore. I would suggest keeping your tiverton game for your own personally enjoyment, and starting the dafuge challenge from scratch - good luck!

also i understand. but after all the work ive put into this season i will not be starting again icon_biggrin.gif

i think ill start the career challenge

AFC Wimbledon 19/20 Premiership Season Review

Our first season in the top flight and somewhat surprisingly, a fairly quiet summer transfer period.

Losing only central midfielder, Stejskal to Nice, we brought in a young right winger,Mahmoud, two young strikers and I brought back in one of my favourites from the start of the challenge, Tomkins as an experienced central defender as the rest of my defence was fairly young, especially the fullback position being all under-23's.

As well as the usual youngsters, I then brought in an experienced midfielder during January in Menez who had fallen out of favour at Tottenham after 12 years of service. Whilst getting on in years, he was still easily my best left winger and provided good cover in all other areas.

Overall, we spent just over £3m of the £12m alloted by the board which was pleasing.Transfers

The season started off slowly and when after 11 games I was stuck in 18th I thought that my time might be short lived. The team were determined though and responded with a series of good results with 3 straight wins over Leeds, Aston Villa and Portsmouth. Whilst West Ham stopped the run, the momentum continued with a 4-0 drubbing of Charlton, followed by the season highlight of a 5-2 thumping of Man Utd icon_biggrin.gif. Two further draws and we turned the half way stage in 10th and looking great.

That, however, was as good as we got and what followed was pure hell. A 12 game streak without winning (apart from an FA Cup win vs Chelsea) albeit with 7 draws, saw us fall back down to 14th. Thankfully, the earlier wins had given us a strong buffer over the bottom 3. With 4 1/2 wins from the last 9 games, in 14th we stayed and safety was assured with 3 games to go. icon14.gif

Table

Graph

Obviously Arsenal fans will be doubly happy about that table icon_wink.gif

As is quite often the case we scored a good number but couldn't keep it tight down back, a point which was shown by the fact that we only kept 4 clean sheets all season. icon_eek.gif

The Squad this season was obviously similar, with strong improvement from all the youngsters. Sadly a few of them now want to join bigger clubs but with all on long term contracts I can afford to keep them for now.

Leading Players:

Leading scorer this season was "the professor" Chambers, named for his quality tutoring. Although he struggled in the Championship last season, he came back in style with his strong technical stats. His 7.44 Premiership average was 3rd overall.

He was joined up front this season by Babic who also scored consistently. After 3 season on loan/in reserves he got his chance and took it. Scouts/Coaches say he has much potential too but at 24 now, none of his attributes have really improved over the season so there's a chance he'll be back on the outer next year.

Controlling the middle of the park was the wonderkid from Brazil, Pedro This man is the assist king, 15 from 30 Premiership matches. A number of these were from corners (team scored a total of 9 from there) but many were from a perfectly weighted through ball on either foot. He led the league with 87% pass completion and his 15 assits were equal 1st. Now one of the highest paid players at the club, I'm sure it'll be a battle to keep him, hopefully his value starts to reflect his true worth.

Overall, the board were very happy with me as seen by the

Competition Confidence. They have found me 2 new feeder clubs, including one in Bulgaria for any Work Permit issues.

Stadium is still currently only 15364(11964 seated) as you can see on the Club Information screen. Youth facilities are also only "good" but I'm hopeful both of these will improve soon.

With the good first half of the season, January spending wasn't needed and therefore I've been able to save up some money Finances The coffers have recently been boosted by the end of season payout for position in the Premiership. With this I'm hopeful of improving the squad and the stadium/youth facilities.

Personal information remains about the same Personal Profile

Aims for next season:

1.Avoid relegation

2.Keep needed players

3.Improve top end quality

4.Find a way to defend throw-ins

And so it begins once again!

I have decided to plump for Kings Lynn. I had to be one of the Conference North ones really, as I couldn't bring myself to play my local team Woking in the first season of the challenge! Gateshead have a boring plain white kit, and already have got an 11k or so capacity stadium which I find silly. Worksop have a cool kit but I found Notts County to be a bit eh as a parent club. So, Kings Lynn it is, with Norwich who should be an excellent parent club!

The finances are surprisingly good! Big wage budget, much bigger than I had expected. However, it looks like a slow start is not going to be up to scratch, the chairman status is "looking to leave", and so I'll have to quickly impress if I want to survive any impending takeover. Here's my profile pic: http://i27.tinypic.com/xmonpe.jpg

Off I go to trawl the free transfer market to build a squad then, wish me luck guys, and I'll see you at my end of season update.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sergent21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sergent21:

sergent21

Your youth players are about as good as mine icon_wink.gif

Just one thing...

care to do it as I do, as a further update at the EOS? Its just easier to seperate it, as I would like to read other people who are doing this, but generally only skim EOS updates, but if you put it in a dedicated post, I'd look out for it a bit more.

icon14.gif

Yeah no problem, was going to do it this time, but thought as I'm kind of using your idea, I thought it would be unfair to make it such a specific thing.

But if you want me to then thats really cool. icon14.gificon14.gif

You can look forward to more regular and more detailed updated on my youth projects icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As said before, I encourage it icon_wink.gif - I'd love to see a major part of the challenges involve things like this - and reading detailed reports will help to encourage others to do it too. And technically, its not "my idea" - as it's quite simply part of the game icon_biggrin.gif

(If this does eventually generate a bit of interest outside of us 2, I may consider opening an exclusive thread for it, as I personally don't think it should be restricted to Dafuges Challenge. What are your thoughts on that?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the idea, as you rightly said its part of the game.

I like keeping progress of players, especially players who are supposed to have a bright future.

I used to do i my own ways a few versions back, but there was no weight to it, so had to give up on it.

I also noticed that Rickaldo mentioned about his youth project, but he's in the Championship, so his player puts ours to shame.

Also a quick question, from now on, when I do the seperate Youth Project update, could I use your template......

This one...

"Every year we get a new batch of youth players, and the Ass Man singles out the best one of them. (I'm assuming they have the best P.A of the group.)

My aim is to take this player, give them some first team football, and track their career, be it at Real London, or should they move on. Each season I will add a new player to the reports, (naturally) and just think it could be fun, interesting and informative of what happens with them."

Would much appriciate it if I could icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely. I work hard on the presentation of my updates, (hopefully so its easy and informative, yet interesting to read) - So I'd have no problems you using that. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks mate icon14.gif I have just completed my 1st season in the BSP and lets just say it was an adventure icon_biggrin.gif

Update will come tomorrow now, got an early start in the morning so will do my update when I get home.

Originally posted by Swindon69:

I've just played Barnet in L2 in 2017 and they have Ashley Cole at Left back and Rio Ferdinand at Centre Half.

This is one of my favourite parts of continuing 10 or so yars on, to see where all the stars of the current time end up. In FM07 I came across Phil Jagielka playing for Barrow in the BSS, which I found rather amusing icon_biggrin.gif

I like seeing also which players turn into managers and where there career takes them. See some random one's though icon14.gif

Originally posted by sergent21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swindon69:

I've just played Barnet in L2 in 2017 and they have Ashley Cole at Left back and Rio Ferdinand at Centre Half.

This is one of my favourite parts of continuing 10 or so yars on, to see where all the stars of the current time end up. In FM07 I came across Phil Jagielka playing for Barrow in the BSS, which I found rather amusing icon_biggrin.gif

I like seeing also which players turn into managers and where there career takes them. See some random one's though icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jan 2015 and Steed Malbranque is playing for Torquay in the BSP icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swindon69:

I like seeing also which players turn into managers and where there career takes them. See some random one's though icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jan 2015 and Steed Malbranque is playing for Torquay in the BSP icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In an old save I had Alan Smith and Jermaine Jenas as my centre midfield in the BSP.

Originally posted by ejthegreat:

Controlling the middle of the park was the wonderkid from Brazil, Pedro This man is the assist king, 15 from 30 Premiership matches. A number of these were from corners (team scored a total of 9 from there) but many were from a perfectly weighted through ball on either foot. He led the league with 87% pass completion and his 15 assits were equal 1st. Now one of the highest paid players at the club, I'm sure it'll be a battle to keep him, hopefully his value starts to reflect his true worth.

As a footnote to the season review, Pedro has just been awared the Player's Young Player of the Year and been named in the Players' Team of the Year icon14.gif

Players Young Player of the Year Award

Premiership Team of the Year

sergent21 - BSP - Season 4 - Mangotsfield

Having come up as champions the previous season, I was confident that would have what it took to compete at the higher level. I added only a few players during the pre-season, and was happy with the general strength of the squad going into the first game of the season.

I'll post the position graph and the league table before I run through the season.

As you can see from the graph, we were appaling the 1st half of the seasn, we couldn't buy a win from anywhere, and at 1 point were 12 points from safety, and things were looking bleak. I then decieded I would change my tactics and formation, as I couldn't do no worse, feeling it wasn't too much of a gamble.

The results picked up after Christmas with a change of tactics, and if the season would have started at the turn of the year, whose knows where we might have finished.

Here is the squad that eventually did me proud, but will once again be looking to improve throughout. This guy however is guarenteed another season as number 1 striker He just seemed to score all the time and we would have no doubt gone down if not for his goals.

It is safe to say he came out the season as the only player who gives me confidence for next season.

Aims for next season

1) Strengthen squad throughout

2) Increase bank balance

3) Go on a nice cup run

4) Improve on this seasons final placing.

Will report later on about my youth projects as I'm off to work now so icon14.gif

Butts - AFC Wimbledon 09-11 2 season update

Well the first season was all about keeping our place after promotion which we did fairly comfotably. We finished 20th but had been in mid-table all season and were never in any danger of being relegated. We reached the final of the FA trophy so played at wembley and also reached the quarter final of the Setanta Shield.

League Table 09-10

This season we wanted to push on and look towards the play-offs. Our final league position was 13th but we were in touch of the playoffs for most of the season before a dissapointing end to the season saw us fall way behind. We were only expected to avoid relegation though so it was a good season again.

League Table 10-11

Positions Graph 10-11

sergent21

Congrats on an easy first season in the BSP.!! I was fighting for my life the first 2 seasons. (Season 5 now I think icon_frown.gif ) - Home-Jackson looks a real star in a team of your caliber.!!! (What an odd name, too) - and has pretty much eclipsed any scoring record my strikers have.

Can't wait for the youth reports mate. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm once again back to my challenge game with Tiverton currently starting my 2nd season in League One and so far it hasn't gone well. I picked up a few players I thought would be good for our team but we have back to back losses to start the season. A bit of tactical tweaking could be in order and hopefully that will help us avoid relegation

Courtesy of Nep icon14.gif

Youth Player Project

Every year we get a new batch of youth players, and the Ass Man singles out the best one of them. (I'm assuming they have the best P.A of the group.)

My aim is to take this player, give them some first team football, and track their career, be it at Real London, or should they move on. Each season I will add a new player to the reports, (naturally) and just think it could be fun, interesting and informative of what happens with them.

End Of Season Reports

YP1 - Danny Beale

End Of Season 3

Club |Season | Apps | Gls | Assit | MOM | Av R

Mangots| 1 | 7(11)| 0 | 1 | 0 | 6.78

Mangots| 2 | 2(4) | 0 | 1 | 0 | 6.50

Mangots| 3 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 7.00

Season Summary Not a great season, but only playing 3 worthless cup games was never going to be a good season. Saw first glimpses of an improvemet stats-wise this season, so I'm hopeful more than expectant. Will play even less next season I would think

YP2 - Brian Bennett

End Of Season 2

Club |Season | Apps | Conc| Cln | MOM | Av R

Mangots| 1 | 3 | 6 | 1 | 0 | 6.67

Mangots| 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | ----

Season Summary Never played a first team game, because of his position, but was part of my Reserves who came bottom of the league. Will try to send him on loan somewhere for the upcoming season.

YP3 - Callum Walker

End Of Season 1

Club |Season | Apps | Gls | Assit | MOM | Av R

Mangots| 1 | 7(7) | 2 | 2 | 1 | 6.57

Season Summary Played less than I wanted him to, but with us never really pressing ahead in many games to be comfortable to use him, only made a handful of games. Did start the last 4 games though once we had guarenteed safety.

YP4 - Adam Jackson (New Youth Project)

Start Of 1st Season

Summary Now this bloke looks rather good, guessing he won't play too often, but no doubt I will try and play him a few times for him to gain some experience. Good tackling, good pace and acceleration and good determination means I have high hopes of this player. Fingers crossed icon14.gif

icon14.gif nice report sergant21.

Just a little tip.. to keep the Club | Season | Apps etc etc in line with the text underneath, just wrap some code tags around them.

(Example)

Without Code Tags

Apps | Apps | Apps | Apps

1 | 1 | 1 | 1

With Code Tags

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Apps | Apps | Apps | Apps

1 | 1 | 1 |</pre>

- How to do code tags...

[ c o d e ] text [ / c o d e]

icon14.gif

Hope that made sense. Also, Beale looks pretty decent, you should give him some games just to see what he can do icon_wink.gif

Marine - Premier League 2027/28

So after last seasons title winning season, the board expect me to again challenge for the title, whilst cancelling my African Feeder Club, the press also made me 3-1 favourites for the title.

Though it was a sad season as two club legends Strikers Danny Naylor and Tomas Spevak retire, and we'll be eternaly grateful for their goals that got us to the Premiership. Though at least Naylor became a scout - with full knowledge of France (due to being onloan for a season?), but when I signed him as a scout he lost it. icon_frown.gif

Then the yearly exdous of my players started, you'd think being the richest club in the World and Premier League Champions you'd be able to keep hold of your better players - Keeper Nicky Quinton joins Man Utd for £10m - he'd spent all season transfer listed by request as he wanted a new challenge, but on the day he agrees to join to Man Utd he decides he wants to stay. (It appears Man Utd are back in the money, they also signed another Keeper for £11m, and Quinton ended up spending the entire season on the bench, hope he's enjoying his new challenge icon_rolleyes.gif ).

You'd also think winning the Title would shut up my chairman, but no he expects me to win the title with one hand tied behind my back - he decides to sell my promising Dutch Centre-Back van Gastel to Arsenal for a pathetic £10m - he was worth £4m when he decided to sell him, and at only 20 he was going to get better, even more annoying is that he didn't even bother to get a sell on-clause. This sale was going to be a problem - I'd already sold my young French centre-back Chevalier to Sheff Utd for £3.5m, as he was older than van Gastel and not as good, I also hadn't replaced Scott Moore, and with Dean Law aging defence would be a problem this season, attempts to sign a new centre-back didn't go well - non-domestic centre-backs have no intention of signing for me, that's if I could even get an offer accepted - attempted to buy a centre-back from Barcelona, but before they accepted my bid he signed a contract with Real Madrid icon_frown.gif attempts to sign centre-backs from England is a problem as all the other managers to seem to hate me, but the players are happy to sign for me, also my scouts are now saying that the likes of Newcastle, Liverpool and Chelsea won't sell players to me as we are now rivals (shame the club info screen doesn't update to show this).

He didn't stop their either - my Mexican Wonderkid Abundis was unhappy because I turned down £20m bids from Lyon, Barcelona etc... but when Lyon upped their offer to £30m he accepted it (luckily in my attempts to put them off I'd already asked for 50% sell on clause), one thing I did forget was I had to give Monterrey 30% of his fee, gaining them an extra £9m icon_frown.gif Also at the end of the season he is now described as a World-Class Midfielder (seems to be really really easy to gain this tag on FM08)

I also sold Russian Striker Antonov to Derby and Spanish Striker Pablo Lago to Arsenal both for £6.5m, as they were both moaning about first team football, but never rearly impressed.

I also had the slight problem of players moaning about first team football when they were playing, they weren't playing every game, but were second choices - it just seems sometimes that the game decides a player wants to leave and will make up a reason, it seems some players when given a chance in your first team, decide they should be playing in every game regardless. So second choice right winger Murphy left to join Bolton for £4.1m and Spanarid Pascual went to Recreativo for £6.5m, I managed to keep hold of the other moaning midfielders, but if they start up next season they can get lost.

So having brought in nearly £80m from sales, I went out and spent £6m on a couple of promising youngsters the best being a centre-back James Flanagan from Spurs dubbed the new Tony Adams (though I swear he was dubbed the new Sol Campbell before I bought him - it appears the player they are dubbed can change, a young midfielder I've got was dubbed the new David Beckham, but is now the new Paul Scholes.)

The season started off well with me claiming my first cup - the Community Shield with a 4-1 penalty win over Sunderland.

League wise we got off to a good start beating Liverpool 3-0 at New Anfield, though Newcastle brought us back to earth crushing us 3-1.

The prioity this season would be the Champions League, attempting to keep players fresh for Europe started to cost us in the League - a poor October saw us win no league games with a late 2-1 defeat to Arsenal, 2-2 draw to Man City, and woeful defeats to Soton and Southend saw us fall away from the title race, we then nearly threw away a 3-0 and 4-1 lead against Wolves, before hanging on to win 5-4 - Defensively we were in trouble Dean Law was getting old and with his physical attributes disappearing he started to struggle, English Centre-back Higgingbotham also struggled at times, and isn't proving to be good enough for first choice. Whilst Italian Centre-Back Bonomi got himself injured for a month on international duty (could have been worse, one of my other Italian Kids picked up a serious virual infection at the U19 Championships and would be out for 8 months).

In Winter we managed to get back into the title race with 5 straight wins, including a 3-0 win over Man Utd and a 3-1 win over Chelsea, though we followed those games up a 0-0 draw to Spurs, a threw a 2-0 lead against Liverpool to lose 3-2, this left us four points behind Leaders Chelsea.

Whilst we were trying to catch up to Chelsea in the League, we were having no problems in the Champions League - a possibly tough group involving Sevilla, HSV and Roma actually turned out to be a walk in the park where we won all six games, after three games we were effectivley through, so I fielded my second string so I could concentrate on the League, and with first place confirmed I fielded my U18 and some third/second choice players in the last game against Roma and comfortable won 4-2.

With our European Adventure on a Winter Break, I tried to close in on Chelsea in the league, but we just couldn't catch upto them, we were always one or four points behind, and just couldn't get ahead of them.

With the Champions League Starting back up - The First Knockout Round would yet again see us face a Russian Side this time CSKA Moscow, and we turned on the style in the second half in a cold and windy Moscow winning 3-0, though it came at a cost - we needed a last minute goal from my young French Striker Duveau to draw 1-1 against bottom of the league MBoro in the league. We then found some spirit to hold on against Arsenal with 10 men to win 3-2, but luckily a tired performance against CSKA in the second leg was enough to hold them off and win 2-1 setting up a Quarter Final tie with Turkish Side Fenerbahce.

Going into the Fenerbahce game, we weren't on the best of form having drawn to Wolves and been beaten by Bolton, and the pressure got to us in Instanbul and a poor performance resulted in our first Champions League defeat this season, in the end losing 1-0.

At this point injuries and suspensions were started to add up - Midfielders Sambade and Richard both picked up bookings causing them both to be suspended for the second leg, Star Striker Lasarte had been injured a couple of weeks ago, and would miss both legs and possibly the rest of the season, the Wolves game then added further problems Brazilan Striker Ricardo broke his leg and would miss the rest of the season and possibly some of next season, they also took out Right Winger Volkov and he'd miss the next month.

Also before the second leg of the Champions League Quarter Final, we had the small matter of an FA Cup Semi-Final - who does the FA Cup fixtures, I'd already had to play the 5th and 6th rounds in the same week as a UCL tie, luckily I was fielding what was left of my second string in the FA Cup and we managed to beat a poor Derby side 1-0 to set up a final against Man Utd.

Back to the Champions League - things weren't looking good, 1-0 down from the first leg, missing my first choice central-midfielders, right-winger and Striker - luckily the understudies actually turned up and we went in at half-time 2-0 up, however we'd need a third goal to be safe, as a goal from Fenerbahce would put them through on away goals - then in the 90th minute disaster struck when right back Tom Darby messed around in the area and was dispossed allowing Fenerbahce to score icon_frown.gif

But from the kickoff we took the game to them, and stand-in Midfielder John Brittain found stand-in Striker Vargas with a wonderful throughball, and with him clear from the defence he rounded the Keeper to make it 3-1 and we were through icon_smile.gif (To make things even better Chelsea went out to Inter on away goals thanks to a last minute goal).

That dramatic win, seemed to spur my players on and we took apart both Coventry and Portsmouth over the easter weekend and were high on confidence for the Champions League Semi Final, that would see us make the trip to the Nou Camp to play Barcelona and with Volkov and Lasarte still both out injured we'd need a good team performance.

We made a fantastic start in Spain Bulgarain Winger Petrov scored within 30 seconds, but then after 5 mins Left-Back Gregory broke his leg and would miss the rest of the season, the first problem was I didn't have a left-back on the bench, so Centre-back Higginbotham moved to left-back (whilst he can play left-back he's never impressed their so far) and on came 17yo Promsing Centre-Back James Flanagan (not a game you want to be playing a kid in), then against all odds in the 22nd minute youngster Flanagan got his head to a corner to make it 2-0! and after that Barcelona collapsed and we somehow won 5-1! icon_biggrin.gif (You'd also think that winning 5-1 at the Nou Camp would fill the confidence bar, but no only 7/8ths!)

In the second leg I rested some people, but Barcelona struggled to break us down and we won 2-1, with Lasarte scoring on his return.

In between the Barcelona games we had the small matter of a trip to Stamford Bridge in a game that may decide the title, (that sound familar), but my injury hit and tired side, couldn't score and we lost 1-0, putting Chelsea 4 points ahead of us, but we had a game in hand.

3-0 wins over Brighton and Spurs, still left us one point behind Chelsea going into the last game, we had a trip to Old Trafford, whilst Chelsea went to Spurs.

We didn't start off well, going a goal down, but in the 73rd minute Volkov capitalized on a mistake to make it 1-1, then in the 89th minute Lasarte got on the end of a cross from Volkov and in injury time Volkov scored a diving header to make it 3-1, all we needed was for Chelsea to have not won, but Spurs let us down and Chelsea won 2-0, meaning Chelsea had won the League icon_frown.gif

League Table and POS Graphs - Our poor form during October let us and down, and in the end we just couldn't keep the pressure up on Chelsea (who did spend £37m last season), we were also the Top Scorers for the first time, my defence let me down this season, and I may need to spend some serious money next season (irony is I actually conceeded less goals this season, than the seasons when I had the best defence in the league).

But our season wasn't over yet we had the small matter of the FA Cup and Champions League Finals.

First up was the FA Cup Final against Man Utd - My second string had got me this far, so I decided to keep the faith with them. Our Cup run saw us drawn at home in each round and started with a tie against Championship Side Reading who we beat 4-1 thanks to a hat-trick from Jose Carlos Vargas, the Fourth round saw us beat League One Scunthorpe also with goals from Brittain and Vargas. In the 5th Round we took apart Brighton 4-1 and then snuck past Man City 1-0 in the 6th Round, and then beat Derby 1-0 in the Semi-Final.

So this would be our second FA Cup Final in our history (and second in three years), whilst Man Utd had won it a record 12 times (though they hadn't been to the final since the first season when they beat Aston Villa), my record in finals so far has to be honest been crap.

I decided to keep faith with my second string who got me this far, (apart from my young English Centre-Back Flanagan who would miss the final on England U19 Duty) but that may have been a mistake we found ourselves 2-0 down within 35 minutes thanks to letting Utd Striker Gary Lea have two free headers, though we pulled a goal back just before half-time when Petrov was left unmarked at the far-post from a corner.

In the second half I changed things around Dean Law came off for Italian Centre-Back Bonomi, as Law as really struggling, whilst South African Midfielder Paul Ndlovu came on for the disappointing Shipulin. It proved to be a good substitution as in the 51st minute Ndlovu scored his first goal for the club with a 25 yard piledriver, to make it 2-2. In the 60th minute Utd's Keeper (not my ex-Keeper he was still on the bench) could only spill a shot from Petrov and Spanish Striker Vargas got to the rebound first to make it 3-2 and put us in the lead for the first time.

Then my left back Coppola picked up an injury, but luckily he could continue, as I didn't have a leftback on the bench. But in the 85th minute Utd equalised when Smith beat Brazlian centre-back Marcio in the air to score Utd's third header icon_frown.gif

As the game went into extra-time my players started to tire and Utd took the lead again when Brazilian Defender Marcio deflected a shot into his own goal, and to make matters worse the Utd player who shot was offside in the bulidup icon_frown.gif

Finally in injury time Utd killed us off, when my injured leftback couldn't keep up with Smith and his low shot beat my onrushing Keeper.

Final Score: Marine 3-5 Man Utd aet, I hate the FA Cup Final icon_frown.gif

I then had to pick my team up for a trip to Athens to play Juventus in the Champions League Final, it would be our first Champions League Final, whilst Juventus had already won it three times, the last win being three years ago.

It was going to be a close final Juventus' only defeat was a 5-2 reverse to Celtic in the group stage, other than that reverse they'd only conceeded 4 goals in the rest of the competition. Whilst our only defeat was in Turkey to Fenerbahce and had so far scored 27 and conceeded 8 whilst Juventus had also scored 27 but conceeded 9.

My team was at full strength apart from left-back Gregory. We didn't get off to the best of starts when Italian Striker Corona beat Higginbotham in the air in the 32nd minute to open the scoring (really need some taller defenders icon_frown.gif).

Things didn't get much better around the hour mark, when Higginbotham was injured in a challenge with Corona and would have to come off, on came my 17yo English Centre-Back Flanagan, no pressure on him at all. But we finally got back into the game in the 68th minute when Peruvian Midfielder Dario Sambade who very nearly joined Juventus at the beginning of the season curled the ball in from the edge of the area to make it 1-1!

Then in the 73rd minute Italian Centre-Back Manuele Bonomi fed through an unmarked Emmanuel Richard on the edge of the area, who then lobbed the Juventus Keeper to make it 2-1 to Marine and put one hand on the Cup.

But a couple of minutes later Juventus scored the dodgest of goals - Bonomi was booked for a foul, and whilst he was getting back into position Juventus took the free-kick, leaving a massive hole in my defence, and when the final ball went through to their Winger Farina he was just about offside, but the ref let them off and he scored to make it 2-2 icon_frown.gif

We then picked up an injury to my left back Silva, Juventus went all out attack but we managed to hold on for extra-time, and with Silva really struggling I brought on Italian Right-Back Costanzo, who can play at left-back if its an emergency, plus he's also a way better penalty taker.

With both teams tiring extra-time was rather uneventful, apart from Flanagan becoming my third defender in this game to pick up a knock, thankfully this was the last game of the season.

So penalties it would be, and rather ironicly my first three penalty takers would be Italian, whilst Juventus only had two Italian pen takers.

First up was my right-back Costanzo playing at left-back, and he made no mistake firing his penalty into the right-hand corner. Next up was Juventus' Italian Right-Winger Farina but he blazed his pen over the bar.

Next up was my Captain Manuele Bonomi, and he also calmly sloted his pen into the righthand corner, Juventus kept the pressure up though when their Montenegrin Defender Vulovic also scored firing his pen into the bottom right corner, 2-1 Marine.

We then gave Juventus a way back into the match when Mario Rocchi decided to fire his pen to his left and the Juventus Keeper easily saved it. Which their Norwegian Winger took advantage of making it 2-2.

Next up would be Peruvian Midfielder Dario Sambade and he rifled his penalty in the top lefthand corner, bet Juventus regret his transfer falling through icon_smile.gif The pressure was now on Juventus' young Italian Right-Back Romano, but he skied his penalty into orbit.

So it would now all come down to my French Cultured Midfielder Emmanuel Richard, if he scored we'd be European Champions and the Challenge would be complete, he confidently stepped and sent the Keeper the wrong way, meaning Marine had won the Champions League in their first real attempt at it. icon_cool.gif

Final Score: Marine 2-2 Juventus, Marine win 4-2 on pens. Stats show we were outplayed but we finally showed the spirit to hang in.

Eduardo Lasarte won UCL Best Player, whilst my team made up half the Dream Team.

Squad - Keeper Simon Vermeir had a fine first full season in goal, whilst defence may be a problem, rightback Costanzo may be leaving as he is unhappy I didn't let him go to Roma, in centre-back Dean Law age caught up to him, and he really struggled with no physical attributes and will be released at the end of the season, and whilst Higginbotham had a better season, his lack of aerial ability is letting him down, even though somehow he's become an Engliand Regular. Luckily Vice-Captain Manuele Bonomi stepped up and marshalled the defence, whilst youngster James Flanagan had an impressive season, though I would have prefered not to throw him into the deep end straight away.

My Central-Midfield Trio of Romeo, Sambade and Richard were on fine form this season, with Sambade chipping in with the goals, whilst Romeo and Richard collected the assists. John Brittain and Shipulin impressed providing cover, though whether Brittain will be with me next season is debatable as it appears he wasn't happy figuring in half my games (he's lucky he got that, as he was only recalled from loan when Abundis was sold).

On the wings Volkov was back to form, whilst on the left Rocchi actually stayed injury free, only missing a week due to injury. Providing cover down the wings was Bulgarain Petrov again, and Brazlian Souza, who gained Bulgarian Nationality in the summer, and was given a chance when my other right winger Murphy started moaning.

Upfront Eduardo Lasarte was again on fire, until he got injured, and won the Golden Boot, English Footballer of the Year and was runnerup for European Striker of the Year. He even had some competition this season at Marine, in fellow Spaniard Jose Carlso Vargas, who arrived the season after Lasarte as a 17yo but with high expections after we spent £3m getting him from Sevilla, and had spent the last few seasons out on loan around England getting experience, and with the sale of Antonov and Lago he was given a chance and boy did he take it, gapping 27 goals from just 15 starts and 15 sub appearances, and ensured we didn't miss the injured Lasarte too much. One problem is the strikers behind them were less than impressive, Brazilian Ricardo had an awful season, even with an extended run in the team he could only get six ratings, he then broke his leg and missed March onwards. Czech youngster Lukas played well but couldn't scored, whilst French youngster Duveau scored on his debut, but now thinks he's too good to be loaned out, but considering all his techinal attributes are below 10 except first touch, he's no where near ready for first team football. So I may need to bring in an experienced striker to provide cover next season.

Best XI - near enough right, apart from Volkov for Petrov, Whilst the Overall XI sees' Richard replace Brown in the midfield, Volkov replace Straka on the right and Sambade and Lasarte make the bench. Also according to that Lasarte has equaled Naylor for all-time top scorer, in 80 odd less games. Long-term goal is too get some academy players on there, and see if Lasarte can get to 500 goals.

With the challenge complete, I present some of my less than impressive Marine Records:

Team Records - My Highest attendance is not against Chelsea, Man Utd, city rivals Liverpool or Barcelona, but Sunderland.

Player Records - We'll see how long it takes for Lasarte to break all of Naylors records, whilst El Zhar's assist record has been held since my second season, and has come nowhere near to being broken.

Marine Honours - The Community Shield is the only none challenge cup I've won.

Club Info - Winning the Champions League didn't change anything, though we are by a long long way the richest team in the World, worth more than Barcelona and R.Madrid combined, yet that doesn't stop my chairman from selling my players. Even worse is that my chairman took £42m for his dividend this season (that's more than I got for the two players he sold - that he obviously sold to line his own pockets). Our European Ranking also halfed again seeing move upto 13th place.

Snapshot - Went out of the Carling Cup in the Quarter-Finals that annoyed the board, speaking of confidence, they are generaly happy with me but disappointed at losing the FA Cup Final, when they only wanted a semi-final place.

Though the match confidence may be a bit broke - beating Spurs in the league makes the fans happier than knocking Barcelona out of the UCL, losing the FA Cup to Man Utd in extra-time wipes out the bar (would I have been fired for being hammered in normal time??), then to make things even more confusing winning the Champions League is worth the same as beating Utd in the league to my fans, and worth less than beating Barcelona icon_confused.gif . Hopefully the confidence screen will be tweaked for FM09 - it is a good feature just needs tweaking a little (that said this has been the least buggy FM so far, I only applied the last patch to get the 7 premiership subs).

Manager Profile - Coaching Style has gone back to General from Attacking for some reason, Domesitc Player Bias continues to drop. Manager Infomation - I have now earned over £11m (wish I had a fraction of that IRL) and won 51% of my games.

League One was rather close at the foot of the table, my Feeder Club Grimsby (well ex now, apparently they are too rich to need me) avoiding relagation on GD, with four of them finishing on 55pts. And Swindon become the first ex-premiership team to be relagated to the BSN/S.

So its taken over 7000 days (20 years), 1054 games (- reached my 1,000th game this season, and got a nice comment from assistant manager, it's a shame its wrong though with the chairman going over my head), and 1861 goals but I have finally completed the challenge.

.___.

NOT a good start. Trying to buy players, but I've missed out on about 30 (No Joke) or so going to other teams, and I still haven't managed to attract any centre backs to the club, or a left mid either. Friendlies started okay, with a 2-2 draw at the BSP's Salisbury. Then I lost a horrendous 8-1 to Norwich, and morale was so poor that I cancelled other friendlies and gave myself a nice easy one against My U18 side.

3-0 up after 23 mins, we were coasting. Then loanee Chris Martin, and the only good player on the team, but then he looks League One standard to me, got injured and was taken off. My Under 18s then proceeded to miraculously beat me 4-3 all from second half goals. Can me telling them I was pleased at HT have been that bad? Two of them were 30 yarders as well, so I decided to take a look at him as he could do with a pro contract I thought! Long Shots stat was 3. Time to buy/loan any defender physically possible and look at some loans!

I'm currently having the most infuriating season ever.

At home, we are lethal with goals coming from all angles and the defence playing like higher standard players.

Away from home, you think we can score and keep a clean sheet. Not a chance. Not won an away game all season and to be honest it doesn't look like I'm getting any closer.

Trying to sort ot out though, but my word its annoying the hell out of me..

Rant over icon14.gif

Alright fellas, I did this with Telford on 07, well nearly! Mind you, i did us Genie Scout so I AM NOT BRAGGING!! I'll give this a bash, I'm in it for the long haul, i'm gonna leave my laptop on whilst doing the first season and hopefully pick up tomorrow night, also now i dunno who to buy i might sponge other peoples players! (If i do i will mention you with a big "Thank You!" next to your name icon_biggrin.gif

P.S. I won't be using the Genie Scout, (just to clear that up incase anybody asks if i am breaking the rules!) Good night chums and good luck, also if anybody wants to mention any players that are good at this level I'm all ears, and to the players that don't it's my 17th tomorrow, help a brother out! Night.

Congrats MMUK!

Witton Albion - 2024/25 - Premiership - Rodrigo De La Vega

Quite possibly the best season in the entire history of Witton Albion. At least the Witton I'm managing anyway! There was success in the league, and....four cups. Count 'em! But first, the league...

The League

After three seasons of finishing 7th the team suprised me by managing 3rd.. This was due I think to a couple of key things. First of all we didn't have the terrible run of form at the start of the season and in January that we've had before. Our form was very good, until the end of the season when we went on a bit of a losing streak. The dip of form in the last stretch of games cost us a chance of the title (which was expected really, as at the time we were still in two other cups. In total we had a 67 game season!).

The most important thing though was our goals against. We dropped from the previous seasons total of 70 conceded goals to 54. We conceded the the 3rd least amount in the league. Less than both teams that finished above us.

We could have claimed the title I feel if our strikers had stepped it up a notch in the league. They were great all round but the didn't hit the same stride in the league as they did in the cups.

Regardless, our finish means we will be playing the Champions League next year icon_biggrin.gif Here's the team that did it.

Witton!

As you may have noticed Ballesteros and Sobiech got a great haul. This was mainly due to the fact that Sobiech was the FA cups top goal scorer, and Ballesteros was the League Cup and Euro Cup top goal scorer. Ballesteros got 23 in Europe with Sobiech in second place, 10 goals behind him.

Super Cup

Not a great screenshot here but I think because it was technially 2024 I can't grab the match info from it that I want. Anyways, we went up against Jueventus and managed to effectively shut up shop against them. Our captain Kogeldans shot from outside the area and we hung on. At that point in the season I considered it just to be a feather in the cap. A nice, but not very major, piece of silverware.

League Cup

It was a fairly smooth route to the final. We faced Chelsea early in the cup and managed to actually beat them. We've been able to beat them in the league before but in the past four years we had faced them in either the FA or League cup and they had knocked us out every time.

The final was against Preston. Preston are currently a top half team and did well in europe this season, managing to beat Real Madrid quite well.

Final

It went to penalties, after a last gasp goal but we really deserved to win it in normal time. We were all over them. At this point I was already considering the season to be a success!

Euro Cup

We were defending Champions but for some reason the board were willing to accept it if we didn't compete this season. The expectations were oddly low. I thought we would at least be expected to make the group stages.

We did better and made the final, beating a good few teams on the way. Espanyol and FC Bayern in particular.

We played Spartak Moscow in the final and didn't break much of a sweat.

Final

Ballesteros made his mark and then we bossed the game. They were lucky it was only 1 - 0. I was suprised really. We really came alive in Europe and never looked vulnerable. Champions twice in a row! I would say one more to keep the cup but we'll be in the Champions League hopefully.

FA Cup

We got a lot of lucky draws. We didn't have to face a premiership side till the 5th round and that was then bottom of the table Huddersfield. They were trounced (always a bit painful to beat your own team!). We played Stoke in the final and there was a big incentive to beat the team who beat us to second in the league.

Final

Ballesteros and Sobiech cemented their partnership. After the showing they gave this season I can't in good faith select any other first choice strikers. Anson will have to get the last ten goals he needs for 300 from the bench, and the other strikers will have to make the most of injuries and cups.

So.....

Awesome season for us. So awesome I have to say I doubt we can match it. I'd like some silverware next season but it'll be nigh on impossible to match this season.. By the end of the season my players were knackered and I had to rotate a lot of them. Im not convinced we yet have the right depth to get that to work properly though all through the season.

Hopefully though the board will be reasonable and won't expect too much.

Plans for next season? Try not to under perform to much. Grab a trophy here and there and try and get to the group stage of the champions league.

I love this challenge!

Archived