dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, so it's been a while since I posted here and unfortunately I have no screenshots of these seasons because I'm an idiot and forgot to take them.

Tiverton- Blue Sq Sth 2009/10

Tivvy's second season was a bit up and down to start with but we eventually came good and finished on top for automatic promotion, finishing about 8 points ahead of second place. Once again Joe Mason played an important role but he wasn't the most vital player as my own two young strikers Dave Roden and Nathan Jarman completely outshone him on more than one occasion. They were helped significantly by some beautiful plays down the flanks from Nick Ford and Ruben French, both regular starters in the main Tivvy squad.

Defense is still worrying at times and with the services of Lloyd Saxton no longer available the following season would be an interesting challenge using my own goalkeeping strengths.

Tiverton - Blue Sq. Prem. 2010/2011

Into the Premier league we ran and it was the most rollercoaster season I've ever seen from a team. We came firing out of the gates recording three straight wins, (and impressively so) and then we fell apart like a biscuit in a cup of tea. Securing the services of attacking mid-fielder Jon Challinor helped our cause as did signing a younger and faster defensive midfielder but we would not see that opening form for the remainder of the season. We won enough games to stay out of the relegation zone and hovered around 15th for most of the season and then nosedived near the very end, just recovering enough to finish in 18th.

Once again Dave Roden and Nathan Jarman were key players for my team and even though we finished in 18th, Jarman led the golden boot table for the entire season but was tipped at the line in the final game by one lousy goal. He finished with 37 goals to his name. We didn't win often but when we did, we made our opponents cry.

For season 4 we'll be looking to brace up the back line, particularly the very weak right hand side. For anyone who's played Tiverton: Was Hasim Deen already there or did I actually sign that moron? I swear that he had a greater success rate with passing to the opposition than to his own players...

I'll try to update with some kind of screenshots when I get a chance...

Finshed 20th despite having undoubtedly one of the best squads in the league. Reached the quarters of the Setanta shield and the final of the FA trophy though which was at wembley. Full update when i have internet on my other PC as i have no memory stick or anything to put screenshots from that onto this.

Originally posted by Lanthal:

Actually, going back and reading some of the previous posts a question pops up that I'd forgotten about.

Where/when can I find that graph of the teams league position?

click on the league position number.

Righto 2011/2012 is about to begin and I've made some good progress in the free transfer bargain bin:

Transfers

And a closer look at some of those acquisitions:

Garner, the GK

Woolford the AM RL

Kozluk D RL

Elghanassy

Not a bad haul and I fell just slightly over the wage budget but that'll be fixed with contracts expiring.

Oh, and this is the striker that scored 37 goals for me last season and just missed out on winning most goals for the season: Nathan Jarman

Here's hoping this season goes ok...

Having finished ninth in the BSP last season I' ve decided not to sign any players this season and will use my reserves & U19's to fill any gaps that appear. It'll be interesting to see how the season pans out.

after 1 day, i gave up T_T lol! I have been pawned badly! Maybe ill just start with normal BSS club. After some experience i will try take this challenge again. GG dafuge's challenge =(

P/S btw yup the nickname is from korean drama.

Kazpeer: I can't remember how old he is but if your Rhys Henry is the same striker that I signed, good luck with him... He turned out to be an occasionally very ordinary back up when things had gone very pear shaped injury wise up front. Otherwise he was a waste of space for me. And a whiny one at that.

I've never been so stressed with this game before.! The last 48 hours have been killing me.

I'm so angry, I feel like giving up. My team has gone from being 9th after 18 games, and looking good for a play-off spot run, to an inconsistent group of no hopers who now loom in 18th place with 6 games left, and stare relegation in the face. How?

I know - the "its my tactics" brigade will jump on me, but sod off. icon_biggrin.gif

the last 6 games, I've had 5 1-1 draws, in which the equalizer was ALWAYS in the last minute. 2 were for me, 3 were against, so I'm not calling a "bias" for the computer, but it really p's me off.

I can't seem to score any more, despite the opening half of the season I was banging in the goals, and my defense is shoddy as hell.

I'm so frustrated, I've tried everything.

icon_mad.gif

Right so my season has not gotten off to a great start. but I'm very slowly gaining ground, currently sitting in 14th. If the trend continues i'll drop to 17th and then rise to 13th and so on.

I was lacking a bit of oomph up front so I signed Andy Pugh to help out. Another good free agent.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I've never been so stressed with this game before.! The last 48 hours have been killing me.

I'm so angry, I feel like giving up. My team has gone from being 9th after 18 games, and looking good for a play-off spot run, to an inconsistent group of no hopers who now loom in 18th place with 6 games left, and stare relegation in the face. How?

I know - the "its my tactics" brigade will jump on me, but sod off. icon_biggrin.gif

the last 6 games, I've had 5 1-1 draws, in which the equalizer was ALWAYS in the last minute. 2 were for me, 3 were against, so I'm not calling a "bias" for the computer, but it really p's me off.

I can't seem to score any more, despite the opening half of the season I was banging in the goals, and my defense is shoddy as hell.

I'm so frustrated, I've tried everything.

icon_mad.gif

The whole point of this challenge is that its bloody hard. But that is half the fun icon_biggrin.gif Stick with it.

Merthyr Tydfil BSP 2013/14

Reasonable season - with no signings my team that finished 9th last season finished 3rd this.

The play-off semi against Cambridge rsulted in four first teamers getting injured, but I progressed to the final against Franchise FC.

On reading the notes beforehand I spotted that they were being referred to as the "home" team.

Unfortuntely I suffered an early injury to one of my forwrds, but the sub came on and scored 1-0 to me.

It was all downhill from there as they equalised from the spot and got the winner in the 93rd minute of 2 minutes added time.

So I'm still stuck in this division.

I'm currently on an unbeaten run of 12 games (the last being FA Cup 4th round) with Tivvy and have set a new record for gate receipts every game for the last 6 games. icon_biggrin.gif

The team is sitting in 6th thanks to a marvellous demonstration of squad depth after some massive injuries to pretty much every player I signed who you can see a few posts above me except the GK.

Want to offload some dead weight in the December window but not hopeful.

Originally posted by Lanthal:

Kazpeer: I can't remember how old he is but if your Rhys Henry is the same striker that I signed, good luck with him... He turned out to be an occasionally very ordinary back up when things had gone very pear shaped injury wise up front. Otherwise he was a waste of space for me. And a whiny one at that.

He is 20 in my game? icon_smile.gif

It appears the playoff finals for the Ryman/Unibond/Southern Premiers are tomorrow, which means we'll find out which challenge teams we'll lose for FM09 (well assuming clubs don't go bust, get deducted points, or have ground trouble between now and the end of the season).

Teams we have already lost:

Unibond/Northern Premier

Fleetwood Town - Won the League

Leek Town, Stamford, Lincoln Utd - all relagated.

Gateshead or Buxton - Playoff final

Gain Bradford Park Avenue and Retford Utd (whoever they are)

(Possibly also gain FC United and FC Sheffield as they are in the Division One North/South playoffs - though if they do both win, whether they'll ever gain promotion to the BSN/S in FM is debatable).

Ryman Premier

Chelmsford - Winners

Staines Town or AFC Wimbledon - Playoff Final

Relagated: Leyton, Folkestone, East Thurrock, Boreham Wood - East Thurrock went down after randomly being docked 1pt, whilst Carshalton (with their stupidly high rep on FM07) avoided relagation on GD.

Gain: Dartford, Dover Athletic. Possibly Canvey Island and the Metropolitan Police icon_biggrin.gif depending on the playoffs.

Southern League

Kings Lynn

Team Bath or Halesowen - Playoff Final

Relagated: Bedford, Bromsgrove, Cirencester, Cheshunt.

Gain: Evesham and Farnborough.

We also gain the teams relagated from the BSN and BSS: Hucknall, Vauxhall Motors, Leigh, Sutton, Dorchester and Weston-S-Mare.

---

My game actually managed to predict the relagation of Vauxhall and promotion of Kettering from the BSN, got the BSS completely wrong though. It also managed to predict the promotions of Chelmsford and Kings Lynn, and possibly AFC Wimbledon and Gateshead depending on the playoffs tomorrow. Though it did get Marine (finished just out of playoffs) and relagated Bedford wrong.

Real London Update - Season 5 (2012/2013)

To Begin.....

Youth Player 1 is in the news again. icon_wink.gif - After a good start to the league campaign, he became 'Real London's' Record League Goalscorer

BSP Prediction - 16th

BSP Posistion - 18th

F.A Cup - 2nd Round

F.A Trophy - Winners \o/

Setanta Shield - 4th Round

Blue Square Premier - Graph | Table

I'm gutted how this season went. Started so promising, pulling up to 9th place, and looking good for a long fight for a play off place, then it just fell apart, for no apparent reason. I fell down the table game after inconsistent game, and at Game 32 I fell into 18th place, where I remained for the rest of the season?!?! - Seriously. I didn't go up, or down 1 single position for 14 games icon_mad.gif

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

YP1 is still in the first 11, and again made it into the Season 11, but the rest of the youths are no longer there. Only a couple of new inductees this year.

Other Info

Finances

Club Info

Selection

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Player Records

Team Records

Transfers

Player of the Season

Ryan Charles - After playing much of the season in Right Mid - I realized just how good he was, when he got 5 in 5 games from that position, so I moved him back up front, and he cleaned up, finishing top scorer

YP1 - Despite having 2 barren spells where he went 10 and 17 hours without a goal, he still managed to knock in 27, in a season where he went from 1st choice striker, to back up AMC as I tested my tactics to try and get some consistency. Also got the coveted "Fans Player of the Year" for the second year in a row.

Season Summary

Well, aside from winning the F.A Trophy (which could just have saved my job, tbh) - I was frustrated the whole season. My team didn't click, they were inconsistent and just couldn't put 3 wins together all season.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 6th place

Season 2 - Blue Square South - 3rd place

Season 3 - Blue Square South - 2nd place, Promotion

Season 4 - Blue Square Premier - 12th place

Season 5 - Blue Square Premier - 18th place, F.A Trophy Winners

*Real London were formally AFC Wimbledon

**sorry - forgot a link - DAFUGE could you please delete the post above? Cheers**

Youth Player Project

Every year we get a new batch of youth players, and the Ass Man singles out the best one of them. (I'm assuming they have the best P.A of the group.)

My aim is to take this player, give them some first team football, and track their career, be it at Real London, or should they move on. Each season I will add a new player to the reports, (naturally) and just think it could be fun, interesting and informative of what happens with them.

Seasons marked with a "*" indicate the player was only on loan for that season

End of Season Reports

Player 1 - John Adams

John Adam, AM/F C

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 3 - Profile

End of Season 4 - Profile

Interest from Dag & Red

First International Game (Scotland U-19)

First International Game (Scotland U-21)

Real Londons Record League Scorer

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Club |Season | Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass | Av R

Rl Ldn | 1 | 35(9)| 21 | 5 | - | 7.16

Rl Ldn | 2 | 36(2)| 19 | 6 | 11 | 7.42

Rl Ldn | 3 | 39(1)| 28 | 11 | 7 | 7.35

Rl Ldn | 4 | 46(6)| 27 | 8 | 15 | 7.27</pre>

Season info - An OK season for the lad. 95 club goals now. Was hoping he would hit the 100 mark this season. Proved to be more of a "team player" with the amount of assists he's got, but attribute wise I think he's going to start struggling to get into the squad from here on if I'm serious about promotion.

Player 2 - Mathew McManus

Mathew McManus ST

End of Season 3 - Profile

Club |Season | Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass | Av R

Rl Ldn | 1 | 16(14)| 11 | 1 | 8 | 6.97

Rl Ldn | 2 | 20(10)| 7 | 1 | 9 | 6.90

W'stone| 3 | 17(2) | 2 | 0 | 0 | 5.42*

</pre>

Season Info - Just plain terrible. I sent him on loan to a weak side, expecting him to shine, but he just didn't. I wont be renewing his contract when its up.

Player 3 - Andrew Martin

Andrew Martin - MC

End of Season 1 - Profile

Club |Season | Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass | Pass | Pass | Pass | Av R

att com %

Rl Ldn | 1 | 13(13)| 1 | 0 | 7 | 553 | 358 | 64 | 6.92

Enfield| 2 | 20 | 1 | 1 | 9 | - | - | 69 | 7.25*</pre>

Season Info - I guess not a bad season from the young lad. Much, much better than last season, but he was on loan to a weaker side.

Player 4 - Dale Schofield DC

Dale Schofield - DC

End of Season 1 - Profile

Club |Season | Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass | TPG | Av R

Rl Ldn | 1 | 8(2) | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1.22| 6.50

</pre>

Season Info - as a center back, hes not good, but I'm training him to be a wing back, as I think he could excel there. An ok season, mainly played in meaningless games, and due to injury.

Player 5 - Kevin Hudson MC

Kevin Hudson - MC

Player info - This guy looks good. He's already got advanced physical attributes considering his age / level of football, so I really hope that with a lot of hard work he could make a good DMC.

Thanks for reading.

Real London - Season 5 Transfers

to further my update just a little, I'll give a nice breakdown of who I signed each season, at the end of the season so you can see who was a hit, and who wasn't.

Alex Askey (MC) - Free tansfer - Became the youngest ever player, and scorer for the club at aged 15, playing in an F.A Cup qualifier. Looks very, very promising.

Brendan Pickering (ST) - Free Transfer - Not what I had in mind when I signed him. I misread his attributes, and assumed his physical stats were better than they are. Didn't play much.

Daniel Bonar (ST) - Free Transfer - This guy COULD be great. My coaches and scouts rate his potential as high, so I sent him out on loan to a feeder for the match experience. He didn't impress, only scoring 7 goals in 25 games. Future is in doubt.

Darren Hallem (AMR) - Free Transfer - Easily my best signing. A great asset, and will form a great partnership with new signing Jefferson King, who plays at Right Back. A great season, attributes rocketed when he turned 17.

Dean Montgomery (ST) - Free Transfer - Another guy I signed based on physical attributes. Sent him out on loan to see if he could cut first team football, and he didn't disappoint. 16 goals in 24 games, he has a chance of first team football next season.

Ian Beckett (ST) - Free Transfer - Another striker, god forbid.! Didn't play much, because I don't think he's good enough. Signed him as a mistake, but gave benefit of the doubt. Will not be with the club much longer.

Jefferson King (DR) - Free Transfer - Another great coup. Could easily become a legend for he club.

John Sutton (MC) - Free Transfer - A good player. A decent center mid, with lots of potential. Due to the sheer mass of midfielders at the club, he didn't play much, but definitely has a future. May go out on loan next season.

Lee Cotterill (GK) - Free Transfer - A decent GK, signed as a back-up, but I personally feel his attributes eclipse my first choice keeper, however my coaches disagree. Played some part in the season, but showed no class.

Robert Holt (DM) - Free Transfer - Has very big potential this guy. Played a fair amount this season, but couldn't hold down a place. Highly rated by my coaches.

Simon Hackney (DC) - Free Transfer - Could be great. Has nice attributes for this league, but didn't impress in the loan season. May stay, may go.

Vic Evans (MC) - Free Transfer - Resigned to a few sub appearances for the season, Evans looks promising. May send him out on loan for a year or two to see how he copes with first team football.

Thanks for reading.

SEASON 2 KING'S LYNN BSP 2009/2010

Following last season triumph in BSN i had big plans for this one and although my board and

the media expected us to fight bravely against relegation we managed to grabb a more than honorable 13th place.

Again another excellent season from my super striker Chris Martin which i managed to get on loan this year also from my feeder club Norwich. He scored 57 goals and 10 assists. Also Jamie Cuerton and Kevin Phillips, both which i got on a free transfer, were major assets in my sqaud for this campaign.

At the end of the season I was rewarded by the chairman with a new contract.

FINANCES were pretty good and last season we finished with a 475K € profit.

Looking forward to the next season!!!

Let’s see how well I can code fixtures…

canvey!! – Mangotsfield United – 2013/14 – Blue Square Premier

League

Position: 18th (Graph)

Predicted: 24th

Top Goalscorer: Alex Titchener (26)

Last Season: 2nd in Blue Square South

FA Cup<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

4th Qualifying Round – Salisbury 0-0 Mangotsfield

4th Qual. Round Replay – Mangotsfield 0-1 Salisbury</pre>

Top Goalscorer: n/a

Winner: West Ham

Last Season: Out 2nd Qualifying Round

FA Trophy<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

1st Round – Mangotsfield 0-0 Hednesford

R1 Replay - Hednesford 0-1 Mangotsfield

2nd Round - Stevenage 6-3 Mangotsfield</pre>

Top Goalscorer: Brian Ryan (2)

Winner: Rochdale

Last Season: Out 2nd Round

Setanta Shield<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

4th Round – Havant & W 1-2 Mangotsfield

5th Round - Weymouth 3-2 Mangotsfield</pre>

Top Goalscorer: Brian Ryan, Robert Duffy, Gavin Kennedy, Mark Walker (1 each)

Winner: Barnet

Last Season: Out Quarter Final

Transfers

Star Player

High Point – Ended a 7 game losing streak to clinch safety for us

Low Point

Manager Profile

Premiership Winners: Arsenal

Notes

An awful season, really. Although we didn’t really look close to the drop, a 7-game losing streak made me reconsider. Despite the fact that most of the players are Blue Square Premier level or better, we just can’t compete. Next year I’ll be looking to consolidate, and will focus on the cups, as last year showed that we can do quite well in those.

Evan - Tiverton Season 11/12 Blue Square Prem.

And the season is over:

Final position: 11th (graph)

Media prediction: 23rd

Last year: 18th in Blue Square Prem.

Star Player

Transfers

Manager Profile

I was getting really annoyed by the end of the season. We were always just outside the playoff zone right through to the end but only breached it once I think. The team has more than enough quality to do it. A horror injury to my new striker which sidelined him for 4 months and my AMR out at the same time for 2 really didn't help. Nor did the fact that my MC with amazing passing had stats for Fouls Made/Tackles Attempted at 109/109. The man seemed to like the colour yellow and picked up 18 cards in the season as well as two reds. So constant suspensions and injuries in my midfield also didn't help and the team was constantly seeing different faces on the field. My GK is well up to the task but my defense could be a little better. Going to try and find a couple of gems for the new season. No luck in the cups. 2nd round FA Cup (which was pretty good anyway), 2nd round FA trophy, 2nd round Sentata Shield. Nathan Jarman was again incredible with 31 goals and 9 assists in 46 games with 12 MoMs.

2012/2013 is Tivvy's year. We're going up if it kills me.

Originally posted by Swindon69:

Merthyr Tydfil BSP 2013/14

Reasonable season - with no signings my team that finished 9th last season finished 3rd this.

The play-off semi against Cambridge rsulted in four first teamers getting injured, but I progressed to the final against Franchise FC.

On reading the notes beforehand I spotted that they were being referred to as the "home" team.

Unfortuntely I suffered an early injury to one of my forwrds, but the sub came on and scored 1-0 to me.

It was all downhill from there as they equalised from the spot and got the winner in the 93rd minute of 2 minutes added time.

So I'm still stuck in this division.

I forgot to mention I didn't have a single red card in the season.

Ok hi everybody, I haven't been here in ages. The last time I posted was ages ago, but I have continued playing my Tiverton season. Sorry I haven't been updating in here but it I just stopped doing it icon_frown.gif

Well here I am, back again.

Last time I posted, I had just completed season 2014/15, and had finished 16th in the Premiership.

Heres how its gone since:

2015/2016

League: 9th

FA Cup: Final, lost 3-1 to Chelsea

League Cup: 3rd Round

Top Scorer: Abdoulaye Balde 26

POTY: Abdoulaye Balde

2016/17

League: 6th

FA Cup: 6th Round

League Cup: Final, lost 2-1 to Arsenal

Top Scorer: Ashley Barnes 34

POTY: Ashley Barnes

2017/18

League: 3rd

FA Cup: 4th Round

League Cup: 3rd Round

UEFA Cup: 2nd Knockout Round

Top Scorer: Ashley Barnes 50

POTY: Ashley Barnes

At last we reached Europe in the year 2017/18 and we did very well. We lost 6-4 on aggregate to Porto. Ashley Barnes has carried on some brilliant form and last season was his best so far. 423 games, 349 goals for me, but still no England caps icon_frown.gif.

Record transfer is Belize international AMR/ST Danny Murdoch from Portsmouth. Cost 16 million.

Have a good squad going into this season, with stars such as John Bostock, Nicolas Millan, Yoel Goldstein and Jack Hobbs. Also going to appear in Champions League for the first time.

I will post screenshots of league tables, certain players and records when my exams finish. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by dafuge:

It's a sad day for the challenge because as of next season AFC Wimbledon will no longer be eligible due to their promotion to the BSS. icon_frown.gif

did AFC get promoted? Damn... I wonder what teams will be available then.

Originally posted by canvey!!:

What's the story, dafuge? - I haven't heard it. I'm all for a bedtime story of bitter hate.

I had a pretty good thread about it, but it was deleted in the GQ clearout.

Basically, I had taken Staines from the BSS all the way to the Premiership. I think I was in my second or third season in the top flight when I had a board takeover which resulted in the new chairman sacking me in favour of bringing in a new manager, who turned out to be a complete nobody with a much lower reputation than me. I got a bit annoyed and started ranting in GQ, which started a pretty good discussion about board takeovers and sackings.

The club were known as S*****s for a while.

Archived