dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ejthegreat:

Picked up the 2nd yellow but I don't care.

2-0 WIN!!!

Premiership!!!!

After 5 season in the Championship I've finally made it icon_biggrin.gif

God I'm tired...lol

CONGRATS!! icon14.gif good luck next season.

AFC Wimbledon Championship 18/19 Season Review

In case you missed the last 1/2 page, here's the story of the season icon_wink.gif

With a number of departures at the start of the season, I set about bringing in some replacements. Main area of concern was right back and central midfield. Found 2 right backs, one of whom, Pastor I'd had on loan a couple of seasons ago and for £725k was well worth the money. Was actually surprised he came to me as some Premiership sides were also offering contracts, I guess not as "key player" though.

Other major purchase preseason was central midfielder Pedro The Brazilian (2nd nat- Italian) has been labelled "Could be the next Matuzalem" which from past versions of FM I know to be good icon_wink.gif He turned out to be a great buy, becoming 1st choice central/attacking midfielder,leading the Championship for passing percentage Team Stats and forming a great partnership with Baticle

These were backed up with the January signing of a left fullback Holub, keeper Prieto and central defender Kehrli, brought in after I lost Douglas to Southampton. Also brought in a lot of kids on trial and a few of them have been signed and are sitting in the u-18 side.

Transfers

The season started well, unbeaten in first 6 rounds and making the 4th Rd of the League Cup. We then stumbled for a little before finding form just in time to beat Premiership side West Ham away in the 4th Rd. Sadly this would be followed with a disappointing Qtr Final loss to Swindon

League for was also slipping, although we were hard to beat we just had too many draws and slipped down to 11th in what was an incredibly close race for 2nd behind a dominant Aston Villa. A great run of form in January saw us jump to 3rd but we fell back just as fast settling into around 8-10th as the season got to it's final months. The great run of form included beating Plymouth 3-0 in the FA Cup but then we again lost to a weaker side, losing the 4th Rd match to Southend 1-2.

March and Muller proved to be the catalyst for a late season surge. He scored 4 as we beat Cardiff 5-0 which led to a 5 match winning run which gave us real hope of making the playoffs. We had an up and down last 7 matches (2-3-2) but with results going our way, we hung onto 6th spot with a 1-1 draw at Norwich on the final day.

Graph

We drew Ipswich in the semi-final.

The home leg was a dream, 2-0 up 1/2 time and whilst they scored a late goal, we grabbed one at the death to take a 3-1 to Ipswich Semi Leg 1 Match Stats As you can see, they had their chances but were wasteful in front of goal.

That trend continued in the return leg which Ipswich again had the better of us but when we scored early, they were in trouble. They equalised soon after and we went in 1-1. Straight after 1/2 time they went very attacking but we hit them on the counter to take a 1-2 lead and just tried to hold on from there. Semi Leg 2 Match Stats

We held on through their wastage and faced Hull in the final at Wembley in front of 89,992 fans.

For the final, I decided to try and hit them straight away, going with a very attacking, hard tackling, full pressure tactic which paid off in the 10min mark when Sahraoui my leading scorer all season capped off a good move. The tactic worked a treat with Hull trapped inside their own half for the first 45mins. Then, right on the stroke of half time, Sahraoui struck again, giving us a 2-0 buffer at half time.

After half time Hull came out more attackingly but never really threatened the goals with my central defender dominating the air (with 12 and 11 jumping btw icon_biggrin.gif). When Baticle picked up his 2nd yellow I was a little concerned but we held our nerves and our subs, which proved important when Ochirosli came off injured at the start of injury time. Final vs Hull Match Stats icon14.gificon14.gif

Final Table We join Aston Villa and Watford in the Premiership next season. Watford was impressive having gone into administration only 2 seasons ago. Southampton, Birmingham and Reading take our places in the Championship next season and Liverpool, after 3 years without success, come back and win the Premiership to add to their 8 straight wins from 07/08--14/15 icon_eek.gif

The triumphant team

Season Overview

Confidence Summary

Finances

Club Info-Board says we have one of the best training facilities in the world.

My Current Profile Amazingly, my reputation is now Continental, surprising but not unwelcome icon_biggrin.gif

Well, we're in the top flight and hopefully most of the players wanting out will now stay. Looking at the new Team Report, out top players are now only 4 stars, so we'll need to bring in some players, with priority being both left and right wingers and a strong aerial centre-back.

Sadly, after all the trouble I went through to keep Amauri, I couldn't get a work permit for his contract renewal and then Sporting Lisbon swooped in at the start of Febuary and nabbed him for nothing icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif I tried several times to at least offer a contract so then they'd have to pay compensation, however, the one time I forgot, he got taken away.

Aims for next season:

1. Survive

2. See 1.

AFC Wimbledon Championship 18/19 Season Review

Well, we're in the top flight and hopefully most of the players wanting out will now stay. Looking at the new Team Report, out top players are now only 4 stars, so we'll need to bring in some players, with priority being both left and right wingers and a strong aerial centre-back.

Good Luck with that, promotion to the Premiership for me, just meant bigger teams became interested, whilst actually doing well in the Premiership attracts the interest of the European Giants icon_frown.gif

The stars seem to be done differently in the Premiership, anyone in my game with 4-7 stars are leading Premiership players according to my staff, 2-3 decent/good Championship/Premership players, 1 star League One and below. I tend to use the stars as a rough guide, then look at the wording to see what they are rated as.

(Of course if the star system is relative rather than absolute then it would make sense - 5 Stars is an average player in league, though whether it is based on a number at the start of the game say CA or PA 150, or is an average value from all players in the league - so if the league is full of Leading Prem players, then most of the leading prem players would be rated 4/5 stars and only the best of the best getting 7 stars).

Marine - Premier League 2025/26

With last seasons surprise third place finish, the board wanted more of the same demanded at least a UEFA Cup spot through the league (fifth place), I said top half finish, but the board still wanted a UEFA Cup spot (it's a bit harsh making teams go from fight relagation to get in Europe, with no inbetween).

Whilst the press were under the impression we had the quality to mount a title challenge, expecting us to finish 4th.

My new Youth Academy may have already started churning out players - Right Back Lee Knowles best of the bunch with Premiership potential, I also got a Turkish born English Keeper - How random is that.

The season didn't get off to the best of starts, our overachievement last season, saw the rest of Europe and the League descend on my team - Centre-Back Scott Moore who wants a new challenge will join AC Milan at the end of the season for £19m, whilst Peruvian Midfielder was going to go to Juventus for £20m at the end of the season, but the transfer was cancelled as Juventus had already signed a non-eu player this season and next season, and my German DM Weis became unhappy when Newcastle bidded for him, he eventually joined them for £7.5m, I also got rid off a couple of squad/youngsters who weren't needed.

Transfers in wise I only spent £5m on five youngsters - £2K on a promising Serbian Left Winger, £130K on a Promising German Midfielder, £3m on a young Italian left-back from Juventus, £35K on a 15yo French Striker from Lyon, and £1.9m on a highly rated Brazilian Striker Ricardo who's dubbed the new Ronaldo from Santos.

Attempts to sign quality first teamers failed, they are either not interested or want silly money - one striker wanted £83K plus bonuses (and I'm sure if I could offer more he'd have wanted it), so I'd again put my trust in my youngsters.

I'll start off with the Domestic Cups this season:

Carling Cup

Our Carling Cup campaign would start off in the Third Round with a 3-0 win over Crystal Palace, we followed this up with a tough game against Newcastle where we managed to hold on for a 2-1 win.

The Quarter Final saw us travel to Hillsborough to take on Sheff Wed, this time we needed a goal in extra-time from my Russian Midfielder Valery Shipulin (scored the rebound from the saved pen.) to win 2-1 setting up a Semi-final against Southend.

Our record against Southend at this point is rather interesting - each of the six games we have played against them so far (including this seasons FA Cup 3rd Round tie, which was played 4 days before the first leg of the semi-final) have ended 2-1, we me only winning twice.

The first leg of the Semi also ended 2-1, but to us this time.

In the second leg Southend started strongly, and were 2-0 up at half time and ahead overall, then in the 76th minute Southend bundled a corner into their own net making it 2-1 on the night and even overall, and thats where I expected the game to end and go to pens, but then in the 94th minute with the last kick of the game, Russian Striker Alexey Antonov, outjumped the Southend defender and made it 2-2 on the night!

With that goal we would make our first trip to Wembley (Well our second trip if you include our League One Playoff Final against Swansea) to play two time winners Man City.

In the end the final turned out to be rather disapointing, we just couldn't beat their Keeper in the First Half, it also didn't help that Left Winger Rocchi missed the game due to injury and right Winger Volkov was woeful.

In the second half we just didn't turn up, City scored pretty much from the Kick-off their DM Badiane was allowed to run with the ball as we back off and he fired home from the edge of the area, then 3 minutes later, a bad clearance from Sambade landed at the feet of Badiane who fired it back in from 25 yards to make it 2-0 to City and game over, they then added a third later on icon_frown.gif

I wouldn't have minded losing but we just didn't turn up, and it would just be one of several woeful performances from my team this season icon_frown.gif

The FA Cup

Our FA Cup campaign would start off against Southend, and it was no surprise the game ended 2-1, a 74th minute goal from Lasarte being the winner, the bad news was Rocchi breaking his ankle that would rule him out for 3 months icon_frown.gif

The Fourth Round saw us drawn against Championship Side WBA, and we needed a replay to beat them 3-0, the 5th and 6th rounds would see us take on Championship opposition aswell, we beat Burnley 2-0 and then took Leicester apart 3-0, to set up a Semi-Final against Tottenham.

Rather surprisingly we actually turned up for the the semi-final and destroyed Spurs 4-1, after giving away a 3rd minute pen.

Our First FA Cup Final would also be against Six Times Winners Man City.

We didn't get off to the best of starts, City Striker Ros got in front of Moore to make it 1-0 City in the 15th minute, but in the 38th minute, Lasarte found space in the area and connected to Volkov's cross with a diving header to make 1-1 with his 100th goal for Marine.

Then in the 72nd Sambade fired a shot into the top corner from the edge of the area to make 2-1 Marine, and we were starting to dream the impossible, but then in the 82nd minute Ros again beat Moore to an header to make it 2-2, not the best performance from Moore in his final appearance for the club icon_frown.gif

And that's how the game finished, and with neither team able to make a breakthrough in extra-time, pens would decide the FA Cup Winner.

Man City opened the scoring with their first pen, whilst Law stepped up and fired a poor pen wide of the goal.

Next up was City's time to miss with Connett blasting the ball over the bar, whilst my young Austrian Winger Rottensteiner made it 1-1 (brought on in extra-time for his pen taker ability icon_smile.gif)

The Third pens were both scored, leaving it at 2-2.

We were then given a chance when Quinton saved City's Fourth pen, Spanish Full-back Jose scored making 3-2 to Marine.

City had to score their 5th pen to stay in the game, upstepped one of my ex-players Finnish Fullback Andersson who calmly scored, it would now all come down to Russian Winger Volkov if he scored we'd win, but he blazed his penalty over the bar icon_frown.gif

Sudden-Death saw City Striker Ros step up and hammer his penalty somehow against the post, but my Captain Perez Gomez saved his blushes with a poor pen down the middle that was saved by the City Keeper.

Then City put the pressure on us, when Romanian Striker Ciobanu calmly scored his pen, we would now need centre-back Scott Moore to score to keep us in the game, but he ballooned his penalty over the bar and into orbit icon_frown.gif

City win 4-3 on Pens.

So Man City would again beat us to a Cup this season, have I mentioned recently that I hate Man City.

European Adventure

This season would also see Marine's first European Adventure, which would start off in the Champions League 3rd Qual. Round, however with us being ranked 107th in the co-efficients we would be unseeded and ended up with a small little known German side called FC Bayern.

The First Leg would be in Germany, and we got off to a good start, Bayern giving away a penalty in the 25th minute, that Law missed but managed to score the rebound, however that just spurned Bayern on and we found ourselves outclassed and 3-1 down at Half-time, in the second half we battled back and Lasarte brought a goal back, but it ended FC Bayern 3-2 Marine, we were still in with a chance though.

We started the Second Leg well again, Law opening the scoring in the 6th minute, putting us ahead on away goals, but Bayern equalised in first half injury time, however we hit back immediatley Rocchi restoring our lead for half-time.

In the Second half Bayern came out attacking and just before the hour mark leveled on the day, wiping out our away goals in the process, we'd now need a two goal win to go through, and it looked like we may do it Peruvian Midfielder made it 3-2 in the 74th minute, before the legand that is Danny Naylor came off the bench to make it 4-2 in the 82nd minute, but we couldn't hold out and Bayern added a third to put them ahead on away goals and that's how it ended.

Marine 4-3 FC Bayern (6-6 agg, Bayern win on Away goals), I was proud of my team, we put up a good fight, even the fans were pleased, however the board weren't they expected us to reach the Group Stage.

With our Champions League Campaign over before it started, we had at least dropped into the UEFA Cup, where we were also unseeded and would face a trickly tie against Russian Side Lokomotiv Moscow.

We were home in the First Leg and a cagy game ended 1-0 to me, thanks to a first half goal from Russian Volkov, so at least we wouldn't go out on away goals this time.

The second leg in a warm but wet Moscow (33 degrees - SI fans of Global Warming then, as the record temp for Moscow is 29.6 degrees C set on May 23 2007) was another caggy affair, Moscow took the lead midway through the first half, but Lasarte equalised 9 minutes later to make it 1-1 and that's how it stayed we'd be through to the Group Stage.

The UEFA cup Group stage would see us seeded 4th, we ended up with an Interesting Group, in order of Seed: Lyon (France), Zaragoza (Spain), B.Jerusalem (Israel), Me, and Dinamo-2 Kiev (Ukraine - Dinamo Kiev's second team, who due to a bug are a seperate team to the first team, though not sure how they got into Europe, as they are in the Ukranian Second League (or whatever it's called), they actually made it further into Europe than their parent team, also rather interestingly their fixture list didsn't start until the 2009/10 season?).

Our Group campaign would start off with a visit to the Ukraine, were two early goals from Rocchi and Law were enough to give us a 2-1 victory. Second game would see us home to Zaragoza, we didn't start of well and found ourselves 2-0 down by half-time, but a fantastic second half comeback lead us to a 3-2 win - Volkov got onto Richard's through ball in the 75min, then in the 87th minute Sambade played a one-two with Perez Gomez and placed a low shot to make it 2-2, then in the 91st minute Richard fed Lasarte who made it 3-2 to complete an amazing comeback. After that game we were effectively through, so I fielded a largly second string side in Jerusalem, and they were strong enough to claim a 1-1 draw, that saw us become the first team to qualify for the knockout round. Our final and fourth group game, saw a second string side fall 4-1 to Lyon, but it didn't matter as we qualified 2nd in the group, and would then face a Champions League Drop out in the First Knockout Round.

The First Knockout Round would see us play Benfica, the first leg was at home and by the 60th minute we were 3-0 up, and looking home and dry, I took some players off to rest them, and nearly regretted it as Benfica pulled two goals back, with the game ending Marine 3-2 Benfica leving the tie wide open. In the second leg we took an early lead through Lasarte, and a fine performance from my Keeper Quinton kept Benfica at bay and we won 1-0, making it Marine 4-2 Benfica on agg.

The Second Knockout round, we drew Spanish Side Osasuna, and we calmly won the first leg 2-0 thanks to goals from Volkov and Lasarte. The Second leg didn't quite go to plan, we didn't start well and Osasuna were 2-0 up at Half-time and the tie was levelled. In the second half we upped our game, Lasarte scoring from a corner straight from the kickoff to put us ahead in the tie, he then added another just after the hour mark, then 5 mins later, Lasarte was pushed over from another corner and Law scored the resulting Penalty, we then finished the tie off in the 73rd minute, when from another corner, an Osasuna player handled the ball near the line and found himself sent off and Law stepped up to score his second penalty of the game, Osasuna's Striker grabbed his hat-trick later on but it wasn't enough.

Final Score on agg: Osasuna 3-6 Marine.

In the Quarter Final, we had Anderlecht, but it took less than an hour to finish the tie off - winning the first leg 5-0, in an absolutley fantastic performance, where we just ripped them apart, apart from giving them a soft pen that Quinton saved anyway, in the second leg, I fielded a second string who claimed a 0-0 draw to put us into the Semi-Finals.

The Semi-Finals would see us take on Newcastle, a rather dire first Leg ended 0-0 at St. James' Park, in the Second Leg my team stepped up and we ripped Newcastle apart winning 4-0 thanks to two goals apiece from Lasarte and Rocchi (just back from injury) to set up a final against Southend.

We'd already met Southend 5 times this season, having knocked them out of the Carling and FA Cups, whilst we both won the home League Game, not surprisingly both those games ended 2-1.

It would be our first final, whilst it would be Southends second, having been beaten by Chelsea in last seasons final, rather interesting is that we are actually an older club than Southend icon_smile.gif

The Final would be played in Norway at Rosenborgs ground, that only fits 21000, seems small for the final.

And yet again this season, we didn't bother turning up for the final, Southend were 2-0 up after 60mins, predictable we pulled a goal back to make it 2-1, and after our goal absolutley nothing happened, no highlights at all, just Southend tending to an injury and bringing on some subs.

And with Lasarte not scoring (didn't even get a shot on target), he missed out of setting a Top Scorer record in the UEFA Cup by 1 goal.

I wonder if there is some match fixing going on here icon_smile.gif

So Three Finals and Three Defeats icon_frown.gif, wonder if we did any better in the League to cheer me up:

Premier League

We didn't actually start off too badly in the League, we didn't lose until our ninth game (against Southend), and at the half-way stage of the season we found ourselves second and only 1 point behind an unbeaten Liverpool side, it took until the 22 game for Liverpool to lose, but by that stage Chelsea were ahead of us on Goal Difference.

In the second half of the season, with our cup games buliding up, we dropped away in the League mainly due to not playing - only managed one league game in Feb, we started losing and drawing games we should win (1-1 against 10men Sheff Wed at home, thanks to a last minute own goal icon_frown.gif)

Towards the end of the season we found ourselves 4 games behind and in 5th place, and having spent several months playing twice a week my team started to tire, I'd lost wingers Rocchi and Straka to long term injuries, I was struggling to find a striker to cover Lasarte so he could rest.

In the last week of the season we had 4 games (Sun-Wed-Fri-Sun, then Wed and Sat Cup finals) we needed to win to reclaim third place, on the first Sunday we found ourselves 2-0 down to Coventry at Half-time after an abject performance, though we managed to fight back with Two goals from Gonzalez but a missed pen from Shipulin could prove costly as we could only draw 2-2. Next up would be Chelsea where two late goals from Rocchi and Lasarte and a fine performance from Quinton in Goal gave us a 2-1 win, and a chance of reclaiming a UCL spot, though we also in the process handed the title to Liverpool. On Friday my tired team faced relagated Reading and a 2-0 win lifted us back into Third place.

Our final league game would be away to 4th place Portsmouth, who were three points behind us, as were 5th placed Newcastle, all we needed was a draw at Portsmouth.

With important cup games coming up, and my team knacked I rested several players, that was a mistake as Portsmouth took a 4-1 lead into half-time, two second half goals from my Brazlian Striker Ricardo brought it back to 4-3 but it wasn't enough, and to make matters worse Newcastle beat Bolton 2-1 to claim fourth place icon_frown.gif

That left us in fifth place by two goals icon_frown.gif

To complete a season that despite it's promise ended badly due to 4 defeats in important games icon_frown.gif

The European qualification was rather interesting this season (would be more interesting if I won the 3 cups - qualifying for the UEFA Cup 4 ways) - Man City claimed a spot through winning the League Cup, I claimed a spot for finishing 5th in the League, that meant the FA Cup spot went to next in the League - Southend, but they won the UEFA Cup, meaning they'd already qualified, so it went to Bolton, and poor Arsenal in 8th miss out on everything icon_smile.gif

POS Graph - we never really recovered once we fell behind, but hopefully this season has improved my youngsters and made them stronger for the future.

Eduardo Lasarte ended up Runner-up in Football of the Year, whilst Emmanuel Richard won Young Player of the Year for the second season in a row.

Squad - Serious Squad Rotation was used this season, with most of my second string getting over 25 games, the result of most games this season came down to two factors: the form of Keeper Quinton and Striker Lasarte, when they were on form we were unbeatable, when they didn't turn up we struggled.

I've got to say we were woeful at points this season, it's not that easy to decribe here, but the most annoying thing was the amount of games we just didn't turn up for, on our day we can rip apart anyone (well except Liverpool) - at times this season we were magnificant - my midfield three controlling the game with short triangle passes between each other, opening up space were a joy to watch at times, wingers skinning their man and whipping crosses in for Lasarte to tuck away, defence splitting passes from my midfield.

But then there were times when we were woeful - needless wasteful backpasses, leaving opposition free and unmarked, rifling 30 yard shots high and wide instead of passing.

Upfront for the most part Eduardo Lasarte was on fire scoring a record 43 goals in a season for the club, aswell as a record 13 man of the match awards, a record average rating of 7.80, the main problem was when he needed resting or didn't play well, there wasn't really anyone to replace him with - Russian Striker Antonov rather suprisingly picked up Bulgarian Nationality at the start of the season (after just 2 1/2 years), but his time in Bulgaria didn't seem to help him and he struggled at times, of course towards the end of the season he demanded first team football on the day he got injured for the rest of the season, my other Striker Igor Gonzalez started to improve towards the end of the season, but then demanded first team football - he'd started 15 games and was at this point my second choice striker, what does he expect in his first season with first team, me to play him ahead of Lasarte who was scoring for fun! He then decided at the end of the season that he had achieved all he could at the club and wanted a new challenge, after one season in the first team.

In midfield Mexican Midfielder Ignacio Abundis became my second Wonderkid.

At the end of the season, after 16 seasons with the Club my Keeper Gary Woods decided to retire from the game icon_frown.gif

Anyone had anyone stay on as a coach in FM2008, all my players who have retired say they will stay on but don't.

Then we were rocked by my Capatain Alfredo Perez-Gomez wanting a new challenge icon_frown.gif (The majority of my team, are also considering a new challenge, obviously the challenge of challenge for the title and in Europe not appealing to any of my players)

Confidence - The Board have become a bit demanding, expecting the Quarter-Finals of every competiton and are disappointed about losing to Bayern in the Champions League.

Snapshot - 68 games this season, and not a single red card.

Profile - Coaching Style changes to Attacking, whilst Domestic Player Bias continues to drop.

Club Infomation - the run to the UEFA Cup final boosts our reputation to Continental, whilst my Keepers again drop of the fav. list and the board expand the ground by 10,000! Whilst we become the richest club in England.

Best XI - No room for Perez-Gomez, whilst Moore only makes the bench.

We also get a boost for next season, moving upto 52nd in the European Rankings.

Hopefully we'll have a better season next season, though it's not looking likely with the amount of players I'm losing icon_frown.gif

Witton Albion - Premiership - 2022/23

7th again! Which isn't bad when you consider we were tipped for 14th. We did have to sacrifice doing well in the cups though.

We probably could have done better if we hadn't had suck a rubbish start. But c'est la vie.

Highlights would probably have to be Ballesteros getting the player's player award.

Ballesteros had a great season, as did favourite Anson and Blanchet. I'm not sure how much longer Anson has left in him though. 31 isn't ancient but I have doubts as to whether he's going to get his 300th league goal for the club in the time he has left (he's currently at 260).

So, next season the aim is for a little bit more consistancy, less goals conceded and maybe getting one of the younger back up stikers to get ready for taking over Anson full time. I have one or two in mind (Sobiech who came off the bench to grab 13 goals this season looks like the 1st choice). Also might try prodding the board and getting an stadium expansion. Witton stadium can seat 21021 and we had an average attendance of 20982.

Also, inspired by others awesome updates and extra info I thought I'd add this.

Past Title Winners

AFC Hornchurch - League One - 2014/2015

First season in League One and i forgot what happened as i finished this season about a week ago. A mid table finish was very good considering my chairman sold my best player to Celtic, he also did'nt add a sell on clause in the deal.

This was supposed to be my last season in my old stadium but construction was delayed on my new stadium which meant that i had another four months to play in my old ground.

Table

Graph

Squad

John Ward - Best Player

Ward History

From next season longer more detailed updates will start as i might have something to mention by then. icon_wink.gif

Just got the 'good' news from the board. 3000 new seats...in 5 months time. Hardly seems the effort if I'm selling out already. Another 10000 would be a much better investment I think.

Going better than I am Peljam. After 2 seasons of rejecting expansions my board has finally caved and will expand our current 13864 stadium by.......wait for it......a whopping 1500 seats...lmao

Board Announcement

Ack! That's an almost insulting increasing. So long as there are funds, or so long as they can get a loan, why don't they just go for a real expansion.

I mean, I've got a balance of over 50 mil (I'll check it exactly later). Surely some of that could be spent on a decent amount of seats. As it stands it's not worth shutting the south stand down for 3000 seats. It's going to take ages for those seats to pay themselves off icon_frown.gif

Stupid board.

Awesome bid there ejthegreat. Can't really refuse that!

They must be anticipating bigger crowds in the Premiership. icon_razz.gif

Ack! That's an almost insulting increasing. So long as there are funds, or so long as they can get a loan, why don't they just go for a real expansion.

I mean, I've got a balance of over 50 mil (I'll check it exactly later). Surely some of that could be spent on a decent amount of seats. As it stands it's not worth shutting the south stand down for 3000 seats. It's going to take ages for those seats to pay themselves off Frown

Stupid board.

Awesome bid there ejthegreat. Can't really refuse that!

Sorry for the double post...I should check before I submit

Going better than I am Peljam. After 2 seasons of rejecting expansions my board has finally caved and will expand our current 13864 stadium by.......wait for it......a whopping 1500 seats...lmao

Board Announcement

They must be anticipating bigger crowds in the Premiership. icon_razz.gif

My ground will be upto 50,000 in a couple of months icon_cool.gif

AFC Hornchurch - League One - 2015/2016

After last seasons mid table finish the playoffs were my aim for this year, the board were expecting a safe mid table finish which was easily acheivable after the summer strengthening.

The season kicked off with a home fixture to Charlton who were one of the promotion favourites and a 0- 2 defeat combined with a rubbish performance made me pay £1.5 million for Charltons best striker Tom Craddock.

Over the next few months a strong home record and a decent away record resulted in us topping the table by January and also allowed me to scout Europe for the first time. The ability to scout Europe did'nt exactly see a stream of players join as only Jens Ostil and Daniel Zeman were added to the squad. Lots of home wins later and a win against 3rd placed Leicester would guarantee promotion with 5 or 6 games remaining, one 6-0 thrashing later and i was promoted to the Championship.

Table

Graph

Squad

The other good news is that i am stadium sharing with QPR until January for my first Championship campaign as my board expanded the stadium without me asking them.

MikaelS – Season 12/13 - Chippeham in Coca Cola Championship

I really had faith in my players. I didn’t look at value because I know they follow club rep, but I am disappointed that I didn’t achieve a better position. Once again my defence proved the decisive area. My midfielders were doing alright and I did manage to score a few goals. But way too many goals were scored against me.

League Table

League Position

League Cup:

Lost 2nd round to Charlton

FA Cup:

Lost 3rd round to Chelsea

Player stats:

Chippenham player stats

CCC overall player stats

The reserves won their league, doing much better than the first team:

Chippenham Reserves player stats

Reserve league table

Reserve league overall player stats

Players worth mentioning:

Trond Edinsen

Newcomer Trond Edinsen on FT. I have a lot of faith in this kid, hopefully he will perform better when getting more matches.

Patrick Husted

Great season by Patrick which also saw him picked for international matches.

Jo Kuffour

Another great season by Jo, providing 15 assists.

Duda

Fantastic season by this aging FT. 17 assists. He really took over when Gibbs couldn’t perform.

Kieran Gibbs

Disappointing season from Gibbs. He used to be first choice for the left midfield, but Duda clearly showed who’s the boss.

Oskar Karlsson

Okay season even though he was injured a lot.

Joshua King

King proved once more that he can score goals.

Players I’m hoping a lot from

Allan Dinesen

He has great stats but didn’t play too well for the first team. Getting match practice for the reserves, showed he can play well. Will try and play him more next season.

Luke Bennett

Has been lethal for the reserves and I think its about time he steps up.

Transfers

Nothing special. A lot of Danish players though.

Finances

In one short word – terrible. -20 mill and still going down. Wages are really killing me.

Wage budget

Manager screen

I keep getting linked to other clubs. Its kinda flattering but still annoying because I want to do good with Chippenham, but fear I may be tempted if another club approaches. (what does the rules say about that?).

Another thing that annoys me, are the lack of fitness. It seems like all players’ fitness levels degrade quickly icon_frown.gif

Goals for next season

1. Don't get relegated

2. Improve final league position

3. Decrease wages

4. Decrease finances

5. Enjoy while doing it

Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

The UEFA Cup is a little weird this season, the final group games are being played on Sat 26th December? This ever happened to anyone else?

I've seen some odd goings in in UEFA cup a few times, where games were being played completely out of sinc. Don't exactly remember the dates, or round, but it happens.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

The UEFA Cup is a little weird this season, the final group games are being played on Sat 26th December? This ever happened to anyone else?

I've seen some odd goings in in UEFA cup a few times, where games were being played completely out of sinc. Don't exactly remember the dates, or round, but it happens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is actually turning into an English Cup in my game now, as there are 8 English Teams in the First Knockout Round in the UEFA Cup, compared to one in the Champions League, odds are we'll be having our Third all English Final in 3 seasons.

Hmmm, may have found out why I struggle to sign players, attempting to sign a Keeper, he wants £45K p/w I offer him £40K, whilst Brighton offer him £71K p/w! (plus £21K clean sheet bonus, and £7K appearance fee - having a look through other teams, offering 10% appearance and goal bonus appears the norm, no wonder Man Utd and others went Bankrupt in the Championship)

Guess where he went icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Swindon69:

Methyr Tydfil BSP 2011/12

Finished 6th thanks to losing to Bishop Stortford in my run in (last five games). Thus becoming one of the THREE teams that they got a win against all bloody season.

That happens to me a LOT.

A few seasons ago, a team finished with a stupidly low amount of points, 2 wins, and only like 8 draws. They got a win and draw v me. Pathetic.

Originally posted by foost:

michaeltmurrayuk:

Where are Man utd now in ur game? League Two? icon_biggrin.gif

and come on win the league and uefa cup goddamn icon_wink.gif

Rather surprisingly they are back in the Premiership, though with most of their facilities sold off and Old Trafford reduced to 36,000 icon_frown.gif (They are back upto 50,000 at the end of the season, and have average facilities).

On the other hand Barnsley have just avoided relagation to the Blue Square North/South on Goal Difference.

Also Kettering so very nearly made it to the Premiership this season, losing in the Championship playoffs, whilst Billericay are back in League One (with Aston Villa).

Season 2 - Mangotsfied Town - BSS

I started the season in optimistic fashion. Having got to the playoffs the season before, I was confident of at least making the same again this season.

I signed a few players in the close season, in area's I thought I struggled the season before, namely bringing in a goalkeeper and a new striker, who, would hopefully be able to put the ball in the net regulaly.

Played a couple of non-league teams in pre season friendlies to try and raise a bit of confidence. This proved a waste of time because I dominated all games and only scored 7 goals in the 5 friendlies. Was my new striker really going to be my saving grace icon_confused.gif

The season started off rather intrestingly, with me either winning well and hammering the opposition, or losing and not even look like a team capable of competing at this level.

As the season progressed we got knocked out of the cups early, choosing to play all my youngsters in the Setanta Shield and F.A Trophy. Also got knocked out of the F.A Cup in the 2nd qualifying round to Salisbury, which was a blow because I wanted a nice cup run to boost the slowly deminishing coffers.

As the last game of the season arrived, I was in 6th place, ad ready to pouncve on either Salisbury or Tiverton if they slipped up and sneak into the playoffs.

Unfortunately, this wasn't to be, although I won, so also did the two in the playoffs and my season ended in heartbreak icon_frown.gif

This is how the league ended.

As you can see from this graph I was there or there abouts, just lost to much ground with poor results to the lesser teams, Merthyr and the like.

This squad will require another overhaul, have to see the unattached players when they become available, as to who will be able to step up and make Mangotsfield a force in the Conference South.

This is why I signed him, he was the regular goalscorer I had craved, just a shame really that he was injured a lot of the season and only managed just over half of the season. Shame!.

One last thing, I used Nep's idea about keeping tabs on the player from my youth system who gets pointed out the start of every season. He played more tan I wanted him to really, he hasn't got the quality, even at this level, but I will percivere with him, because he could become a decent player at a higher level.

Aims for next season: Get promoted, sign more quality players, and try and settle on a tactic and stick with it.

KUTGW everybody, I'm off to sign some new players icon_smile.gif

Here we go again, my new youth players have been brought in and this guy is the youth project I will be keeping an eye on this season.

One major problem is that he is a goalkeeper, and although he's not that bad, he will get very little, if any game time during the season.

Bit dissapointed with it this season, more hopeful for next season though icon14.gif

Just started my Premiership campaign, going horribly in the early days btw.

Strange thing in the game though, Frank Lampard is manager of Liverpool icon_eek.gif WTF???

Also, Gary Neville is managing Tottenham and Roy Keane and Dennis Wise are still at Sunderland and Leeds respectively.

Oh and Bradley Wright-Phillips is manager of Maidenhead in Conf South..lol

On a side note, Leeds seemed to get into the Premiership pretty easily and stay there, has that been the case for most people?

I started out playing with Worksop town... but after awhile, Gateshead got promoted to BSN. Now, I love gateshead, so joined up icon_smile.gif

When i joined, i was incredibly to see my assman, on £90 week was... Dietmar Hamann.

He is a truly amazing Assistant, and I am now left to wonder how the hell he was madeto get a job at Gateshead on a £90 alary =/

Marine - Premier League 2026/27

After the disappointment of losing in the Finals of the Carling Cup, FA Cup and UEFA Cup and also missing out on a Champions League place on the last day, I may need to change things around this season.

The board again expected us to qualify for the UEFA Cup through the League, then a week later offered me a new bumper contract on £75K p/w, the catch was they wanted us to challenge for the title within two seasons, whilst we'd finished in the top five the last two seasons, we hadn't actually been anywhere near the title, though we were given a boost at the start of the season when Liverpool's long-serving manager Adrian Boothroyd resigned to take charge of England - Since he took over 9 seasons ago they have been pretty much unstoppable, winning 7 titles in those 9 seasons, doing the triple in 2021 (FA, UCL, Prem) and winning both the Carling Cup and UEFA Cup in his first season in charge.

My chances were dented by the loss of key members of my team - Centre-Back Scott Moore completed his move to AC Milan for £19m, Second choice striker Igor Gonzalez then decided he'd achieved all he could at the club after just 15 games (and 10 sub appearances) for the club and wanted a new challenge, offered him out for £20m and my chairman decides to accept bids of £10m for him from Arsenal and Sunderland, with him eventually joining Sunderland and becomes the fifth striker in six years to be sold by my chairman icon_frown.gif

Things didn't end there, my Captain Spanish Defensive Midfielder Alfredo Perez Gomez also decided he wanted a new challenge and joined Huddersfield for £7.5m, hope he enjoyed the challenge of being relagated rather than play in Europe with me. icon_rolleyes.gif

Then at the end of August my Chairman decided to sell my Serbian right-back Dragan Markovic to Real Madrid for a pathetic £13.5m with no add-on fees icon_mad.gif (he was worth £6.5m and at 25 was going to get better, also he could play in the centre or at left-back if really needed, and comparable players go for £20m+), it's nice of my chairman to sell off my better players whilst expecting me to challenge for the title... icon_confused.gif

So with my right-back sold, and cover non-existant - my young Italian Right Back isn't quite ready for a full first team place yet, and the only other right-back I have is my promising Home-grown youngster, who is nowhere near ready, I ended up having to give into Huddersfields demands for £15m for their English right-back Tom Darby, I just managed to complete the transfer before the close of the transfer window, I also signed an Italian Defensive Midfielder Davide Romeo from Lazio for £10m, as I was lacking a quality defensive midfielder due to the departure of Perez Gomez.

Other signings were a couple of non-eu youngsters Brazilian Centre-back Marcio and Mexican Striker Javier Cardenas, aswell as some promising youngsters from Europe to fill some gaps in the future, including English Midfielder Olie Clayton dubbed the David Beckham (even though he's a MC only?) signed from Spurs for £250K, Spanish Defensive Midfielder Jorge Lopez from Barcelona for £550K and an Italian Left Winger Giuseppe Radice from Cagliari for £2m.

Also rather interstingly I didn't lose a single player during the January Window (possibly due to most of my team being injured at the time).

Then things got worse in October when my Keeper Nicky Quinton, wanted a new challenge and demanded a transfer, luckily no-one was interested in him.

So with my team arguely weaker than last seasons, I decided to do what I used to do - field my first XI in the League, whilst fielding my second XI in Europe and the cups.

I'll start off with our UEFA Cup Adventure first again:

The First Round saw us drawn against Norwegian Side Stabaek, with the first leg in Norway we came away with a 2-1 win, then followed up with a comfortable 3-2 home win, to put us in the Group Stage.

This time we would be third seeds in the Group Stage, and ended up with possibly a tricky group including Juventus, PSV, FC Nantes (A French Lique 2 side - what is it with Second Division sides being in Europe?) and Russian side Rubin.

First up we'd be travelling to Russia, where a 3-0 win over Rubin put us in pole position, next up was a home tie against PSV, where we needed to come from behind to win 3-1, our last away game would be against FC Nantes in France, where we could only draw 1-1 after a disappointing performance, and picked up an injury to my right winger Straka, but a draw us good enough to send us through, taking the pressure off for the Juventus game, that would be randomly played on Boxing Day that was also a Saturday. My second string were actually a match for Juventus and claimed a creditable draw, but with Juventus already through anyway it was a pointless match.

The Final Table did see a surprise as FC Nantes qualified third with a last day win over Rubin.

In the first Knockout round we were given Spanish side Deportivo, who'd finished Third in their Champions League Group, and with no league game in the same week as the first leg, I fielded my first team and two goals from Lasarte were enough to give us a 3-2 lead going into the Second Leg, conceeding two away goals was a worry though. In the second leg we again needed two goals from Lasarte who came on as a second half sub, to win it 2-1 for us, it should have been alot more, but their Keeper was unbeatable until I introduced Lasarte, so we won 5-3 on agg.

In the Second Knockout Round we'd again meet Benfica, but a truly awful performance in a wet and windy Lisbon saw us crash 4-1, in the second leg two first half goals from Pablo Lago brought us back into the tie, but we couldn't find the all important third goal, and crashed out 4-3 on agg icon_frown.gif

The Second Knockout round also saw four of the remaining six English sides go out, leaving just Chelsea and Portsmouth, we'd also lost two more English sides in the First Knockout Round, and in the final Benfica beat Chelsea 1-0. English Clubs awful performance in the Champions League also continued, with Liverpool the only team making it past the group stages, but going out in the Knockout round.

This leaves Newcastle as the only English Side in the Top 10 Euro Co-Efficients, the rest of the Top 10 made up of Lyon and four Italian and four Spanish teams, yet nation wise England are just about ahead of Italy, and fortanutly quite a way from losing the fourth UCL spot. Whilst Marine's ranking has again halved, we are now upto 26th.

Our European exit actually came in the middle of a slump of our form in the league. We'd end 2026 thrumping Chelsea 6-2 at home, that opened up a four point lead at the top of the table with a game in hand over Man City, we were also 8 points clear of a 7th placed Liverpool side who were seriously underperforming under their new manager Stuart Pearce, so much so that he was fired in March.

Even though injuries were starting to add up - Rocchi, Sambade and Petrov were all ruled out for 3 months with torn calf muscles, even worse is that all three injuries occured within two weeks of each other in matches aswell, in November/December I was picking up two injuries/knocks a game, though somehow we managed to go 12 league games without defeat, before the UEFA Cup started again, and we strugled for form, we threw away a 3 goal first half lead against struggling Man Utd, that seemed to badly affect my team as we lost to Spurs and Southampton, whilst drawing to Portsmouth and going out of Europe, and nearly threw a 3-0 lead against Derby, but we managed to hold on to win 3-2, we then managed to grind out a 1-0 win away to bottom of the leaague Blackburn (my board had spent two months earlier in the season complaining about our 1-1 draw to Blackburn at home), we then had to fight back from behind against Sunderland twice, to eventually win 5-3 in a thrilling game, that left us eight points clear of Arsenal, it was now their turn to be in second place, we then ripped apart 4th placed Newcastle 6-1 at home, to keep our 8 point lead with just four games to go.

And in our 35th game we crushed Huddersfield 3-0, leaving us just one point from the title. Though our last three games were not going to be easy games against Man City, Arsenal and Southend.

But the Arsenal and Southend games wouldn't matter as a double from fit-again Peruvian Midfielder Sambade and a goal from Lasarte gave us a 3-2 win and the title, we also got to rub Man City's noses in it by winning the title at their ground. icon_cool.gif

We then beat Arsenal that ended up costing them second place, to a Chelsea team that came out of nowhere to claim second.

So after 834 league games (993 games in total) and 6,905 days (in real time - 23 Days, 7 Hours - not all of that is active game time, as I leave the game running whilst typing these up, browsing the internet, watching TV etc...) we were champions of England.

Premiership Table - since we went top half way through the season, no-one ever claim close to us, we came under no pressure in the second half of the season, the rest of the teams were fighting for second, with none of them on any sort of run to trouble us, Chelsea spent most of the season hovering around 4th-8th, Liverpool had an awful season under new management, Sunderland, Man City, Birmingham and Portsmouth were early challenges, but all fell away as the season went on, and in the end we walked it to the title.

Squad - We were helped out this season by not losing anyone mid-season, and we coped well enough in the league with injuries to my central midfielders and left-wingers - having three left-wingers injured at once is not fun.

Best XI - Wrong again, due to the amount of squad rotation, and injuries to Central Midfielders.

Title Winning Team:

GK: English Keeper Nicky Quinton had a better season, but demanded a transfer in October, as he wants a new challenge, and in the later stages of the season was dropped for Belgian Keeper Simon Vermeir, who rates well but conceedes more goals, and with his weak aerial ability I may look elsewhere for a new longterm #1.

RB: New Signing Tom Darby, fitted in well and had a good first season, doesn't get as many assists as Markovic, do to not being my corner/free-kick taker, also an England regular.

LB: Maltese left-back Julian Gregory had another fine season defensively, and also didn't get himself sent off this season.

CD: Scottish Centre-back Dean Law was appointed Marine Captain with the loss of Perez Gomez, and had another fine season, but didn't score that many goals this season, heading on corners was a bit disapointing, we also were only awarded 1 pen all season. Law's partner this season was English Defender Paul Higginbotham, signed as a youngster for £200K from Luton, he had an okay season, but his aerial ability lets him down, and I may have better options long-term wise, the best of them is Italian Centre-back Manuele Bonomi who was bought from Roma for £275K as a kid, and has impressed over the last couple of seasons, and is the captain of my second-string.

DM: Italian Davide Romeo had a solid first season as my Defensive Midfielder, a rather underrated position by the game.

CM: My first choice pairing is French star Emmanuel Richard signed from Paris Saint-Germain for a then Record £7.75m, he had another excellent season chipping in with 10 goals and 8 assists, with most of his goals coming from badly cleared corners that he fired back in from the edge of the area, and Peruvian Dario Sambade signed from Russian Side Saturn for £1.3m when we made it to the Premiership, he so nearly joined Juventus at the start of the season, but they had already signed their non-eu player for last and this season, though being injured for nearly four months and international duty limited his appearances. Providing cover is Mexican Wonderkid Ignacio Abundis who may not be with me for much longer, Lyon and Barcelona among others are lurking. Russian Midfielder Valery Shipulin also proved a cabable understudy, even averaging above 7 with several sub appearances.

Wingers: Russian Right Winger Eugeny Volkov had a solid season on the right, whilst my injury hit left wing saw Italian Mario Rocchi miss most of the season due to injury, which is annoying as he was in fine form when fit, Austrian Milan Rottensteiner, who arrived on a free as a youngster was my least injured left winger of the rest, he had a solid if unremarkable season and spends most of the time on the bench (when Petrov's not there) due to the fact that he can play in the middle and on the left wing.

ST: Spanish Striker Eduardo Lasarte had another fine season, grabbing 28 league goals, in the process scoring his 100th league goal for the club in a record 132 league games - and joins an elusive club of strikers who've scored 100 goals for us. Providing cover this season was the Brazilian Ricardo who could be the new Ronaldo and joined from Santos for £1.9m last season, he had a good season, though his 8 league goals did come in only 3 games - 4 against Brighton, 3 against Huddersfield, 1 against Chelsea, and was rewarded with a callup to the Brazlian side at ony 19. He also did better than my other two strikers Russian Alexey Antonov and Spanarid Pablo Lago, neither of them really impressed and with both moaning about first team football they maybe sold next season, depending on the development of my other young strikers.

Overall Best XI - Julian Gregory comes in at left-back, whilst Emmanuel Richard makes it to the bench.

Snapshot - Domestic cups didn't go all that well, we were hammered 6-2 in the FA Cup Third Round by Bolton, whilst we reached the Semi-Final of the Carling Cup, losing to our old rivals Southend 2-1 on agg.

Manager Profile - No real change, apart from my new contract, it took 993 games for me to win the Premiership, and just two wins short of 500.

Confidence - Board are rather happy, well apart from the FA Cup exit, though the early exits in Europe and the FA Cup were partly responsable for our league win - so nice only playing once a week.

Club Infomation - Eduardo Lasarte gets added to the favoured Personnel, but I don't icon_frown.gif we are also the richest club in England, valued at nearly the same as Chelsea and Liverpool combined, though we are second in the World to Barcelona.

Also apparently I've got the next David Beckham, Jonathan Woodgate, and Les Ferdinand(!) in my youth team.

So bring on the Champions League...

Nationality Break-Down:

AUT 1 (1)

BEL 1

BRA 3

BUL 1 (1)

CZE 4

ENG 18 [-12 are from my academy] (6)

ESP 5

FRA 2 (1)

GER 1

GRE 1

IRL 1

ITA 7

MEX 2

MLT 3

MTQ 1

NED 1

NIR 2

PER 1

POR 1

REU 1

RSA 1

RUS 3

SCO 2

SEN 2

SRB 1

SVN 1

USA 1

WAL 1

Mainly been picking up Italians the last couple of seasons, whilst my English contingement(sp?) increases mainly due to me keeping hold of my academy players to see if they develop, also started to be able to attract some promising english youngsters - hoping to be able to make my team up from my academy players, plus youngsters from my feeder clubs, then once my reputation allows it to buy the best player in the World for a position once a season (or however many times my chairman demands it if he ever does), also hoping to have one player from each corner of the world in my first team - got my South American, North American (counting Mexico), and African, just need my scouts to find someone in Asia and Oceanican.

Started this challenge today. The Special One took over newly promoted King's Lynn in Blue Square North.

After a rather sloppy start we managed to fight our way to the top of the league which we eventually won by just two points on the final day thanks to my Super Striker who scored in 38 league appearances 50 goals!!!

Final Table

Squad

Manager of the year Award

Cheers

Hednesford Town - Season 2010/2011

Following promotion into the BSP I looked to Strengthen my squad in every area except my GK. We signed 7 players to take over first team duties but I was still unhappy with my strike-force. Money wasn't a problem ofc.

We started off the season well and found ourselves hanging around in the playoffs but we slowly drifted down throughout the season. The main reason for this was lack of goals despite the fact we started to play a 4-4-2 formation.

On the other hand our defence was solid especially with the new signings. My gk was also crowned captain of N.Ireland U21's (although would never be considered for captaincy by me :p) which was pretty cool.

Come the new year and we were slipping down the table and we ended up finishing 11th which was very pleasing tbh. The board and the fans were happy so its all good.

Our performances in the various cups was pretty average for a BSP team except we managed to get into the Semi-final of the FA Trophy.

We were drawned against rochdale who had beaten me in all of our last 3 meetings. The first leg of the game was played at Rochdale and we miraculously netted a 1-0 victory, getting us that important away goal. We went into the second leg with high hopes and optimistic fans but sadly we lost the game 2-1, MISSING TWO PENALTIES IN THE PROCESS. >icon_frown.gif Hopefully we wont get into the habit of losing Semi-finals.

A good season overall but I still need to get some decent strikers in, hopefully next season. Also, still no parent club ¬_¬.

Squad

Table

Archived