dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

I've taken the liberty to check each attribute, and here are the advances, and declines.

Technical Attributes

Dribbling +1 (5 to 6)

Passing +2 (4 to 6)

Tackling +1 (3 to 4)

Mental Attributes

Anticipation +1 (7 to 8)

Composure +1 (6 to 7)

Concentration +1 (3 to 4)

Creativity +2 (6 to 8)

Decisions +2 (2 to 4)

Flair -1 (15 to 14)

Off The Ball +1 (7 to 8)

Positioning +1 (4 to 5)

Team Work +1 (4 to 5)

Work Rate +1 (10 to 11)

Physical Attributes

Agility -1 (8 to 7)

Balance -1 (8 to 7)

Jumping +1 (5 to 6)

Stamina +2 (2 to 4)

Strength +3 (4 to 7)

Total gained Attribute points = 18

\0/

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marine - Championship 2022/23

So after losing in the first round of the playoffs for the past three seasons, the odds were that was where we were going to end up this season.

I was quietly confident this season, the league looked weaker, my squad had an extra season of experience behind it, and I started culling underdeveloped and underperfomring players - Left Winger Kekic went to Hull for £1m, after he had an awful season last season, I had yet another young centre-back poached off me, this time Fulham took McStay for £2.5m, the rest of the sales being youngsters who hadn't made it, I then went about bringing in some more promising youngsters to replace all the ones I'd lost - my reserve and youth teams are looking rather threadbare.

The board again wanted a middle table position, then less than two weeks later offered me a new two year contract where they wanted me to be a major player in the Championship, I managed to negotiate and get a five year contract out of them.

From that point the season went downhill, my best midfielder Ivo Sigmund broke a leg in a friendly and would be out for 6 months icon_frown.gif

Then the exodus began, Czech Midfielder Jan Herman, felt the lure of Arsenal too strong and will join them for £2.5m at the end season, rather annoying is that I'd only signed him last season and he'd just settled into my team.

The computer decided it would pick on my midfield this season - Cypriot Midfielder Savrou would join Coventry at the end of the season, he even started moaning whilst he was discussing terms with Coventry, and he'll be joined at Coventry next season by Czech Midfielder Lukas Janacek who after just six months at the club felt Coventry were too good to turn down icon_frown.gif

It didn't end there Liechenstein Defender Wolfgang Stein became unhappy when I turned down a bid from Coventry, and he'll join Sparta Prague at the end of the season for £2.7m.

My chairman then decided to get in on the action - Bolton bidded for my Italian Winger Capecchi and I said fine £10m plus 50% next sale and delay until the end of the season in the hopes they'd pull out as he was only worth £325K, but no they seem to be full of money and my chairman greedily accepted the offer icon_frown.gif

Then in January my Chairman decided to sell Luxembourg Striker Engel to Coventry for £5m, alright we are making a fair bit of profit, but I'd wish he'd stop selling players to rival teams icon_frown.gif

With most of the sales delayed until the end of the season, I went out spending some of money on promising youngsters my scouts raved about - hopefully the fact that I can atrract players from French and Italian teams is a sign of our improving reputation.

My main signing of the season would be French Left Winger Stephane De Araujo from Nantes for £2.4m to replace the departed Kekic, and to take some pressure off my young winger Rocchi.

Other signings included the capture of Promising French Centre-back Sebastien Chevalier from RC Lens for £1.7m, a Serbian Right Back Dragan Markovic was brought in for £500K but seems rather injury prone, I also brought in a Keeper Wayne Henry on a free from Walsall to provide some competition, and I raided Italy for some promising defenderrs Manuele Bonomi arrived from Roma for £275K and Stefano Costanzo was bought from Genoa for £1m, I also raided Russia for a couple of promising players, who didn't get Work Permits, but should in the next year or two.

Transfers Screen and Future Transfers Screen.

I decided to change things around this season, with half my team leaving at the end of the season this would be our best chance for promotion.

I switched back to my old trusty 4-4-2 formation with a couple of tweaks, hoping it would provide more attacking options than my 4-3-3 formation.

The season started off well we won our first 3 games, with Spevak in fine form grabbing 6 goals in 6 games.

Things then started to quickly fall apart, we were crushed 5-1 by Luton, and followed that up with defeats to Palace and Mboro, and after 19 games we'd dropped down to 18th in the League with defeats to relagation threatened Man Utd and MK Dons - we'd only won 3 times since the opening three wins and suffered nine defeats and it was looking like we'd be going back down to League One - we just couldn't win games, our only decent result was beating a poor York side 4-1, and we'd thrown away a 2-0 lead against Leicester losing 4-2.

With the season looking a lost cause I decided to mix things up again - went back to 4-3-3, and changed things around - right back O'Connor was dropped after yet another poor backpass resulted in a goal, English Centre-Back Luke Hulse was promoted to partner Scott Moore in defence instead of Alexander Houska who seemed to be struggling. Italian Capecchi came back in for Straka on the right wing, upfront I'd rotate between Spevak, Naylor and Promising young Spanish Striker Eduardo Lasarte who'd impressed earlier in the season.

Central Midfield proved to be a problem position - Lukas Janacek was starting to impress but picked up an injury in Feb that would rule him out for the season, Brazilian Rafinha also got himself injured, but luckily by this time Sigmund had recovered.

I also decided to respond no comment to the pre-match buildup and no comment to the previous player comment, as any other answer seemed to upset my Keepr Quinton, teamtalk wise I switched between no Pressure and you can win the match.

With the change to 4-3-3 we saw ourselves fly up the table winning five of our next six games including a 2-0 win over league leaders Ipswich.

A set back after Christmas against Wigan, didn't effect us and we'd go the next 17 games unbeaten, including a run of 7 wins in a row.

We were proving unbeatable - we'd finally learned the nack of grinding out results, holding onto narrow leads and coming back from a goal down, even injuries couldn't stop us.

After 33 games with a 2-0 win over Leicester on Valentines Day (14 Feb) thanks to some inspired substitutions we found ourselves back in the playoffs, only 9 points off leaders Ipswich and with victories against playoff rivals West Ham and Bolton, we were firmly entrenched in the playoffs, but a disapointing 1-1 draw against York reminded us we still had work to do.

Our 38th league game of the season, would be one of the more important, away to Second Place Derby, we needed a strong performance and we got one, beating them 3-0 sending us to Second in the League, promotion was now in our own hands.

But again we slipped up and could only draw 1-1 against Walsall, allowing the other teams back in, next we'd have must win games against MK Dons and Man Utd who were both fighting for their lives at the foot of the table, we needed to come back from behind against MK Dons to win 2-1 thanks to goals from my Italian Wingers Capecchi and Rocchi, though it could prove to be a costly win losing Gregory and Herman to injury.

I needn't have worried we followed up with comfortable Home wins over Man Utd and Swansea, with Lasarte coming off the bench to grap a double against Swansea.

So with 42 games gone we were now 6 points clear of Third Placed Mboro and fourth placed Bolton, Though Ipswich were 11 points clear at the top and had effectivly won the league.

The season still had some extra twists up its sleeve, as next we would have to play Ipswich who were in no mood to do us any favours and they won a close game 1-0 ending our 17 game unbeaten streak, which allowed Boro to close the gap to 3 points.

We came a step closer to Promotion with a 4-1 demoliton of Burnley with Eduardo Lasarte grabbing his second hat-trick of the season and with Boro only drawing we'd only need 1 point to gain promotion to the promised land.

In our way was the old enemy Coventry, and a poor performance saw us lose 2-0, and with Derby and MBoro both losing, only Bolton could catch us, we would now just need a point against Wigan in our final game, or hope that Bolton don't win, if we lost and Bolton won they'd be promoted on Goal Difference.

It was a cagey first half against Wigan, but then in injury time a moment of madness from Wigan's Keeper occured, he attempted to dribble the ball, but was tackled by Spevak, who rounded the covering defender and slotted the ball into the empty net, to see us go in 1-0 up at half-time, he then added a second in the 68th minute firing home from the age of the area, substitute Eduardo Lasarte then finished the game off in the 90th minute when Wigan left him unmarked in the box. Final Score Marine 3-0 Wigan

So after over 700 games, over 5000 days and 15 seasons Marine will be in the Premier League icon_smile.gif though with no players...

Championship Table - For the fourth season in a row we have the best defence in the league, and +27 Goal Difference (had +28 last season, +27 season before and +28 season before that, we are consisent at least), and as I predicted the weakened league this season really helped, this amount of points last season would have still left us in sixth place. On the bad side Man Utd suffer relagation to League One by 2 goals, and I don't see them recovering from that, they are £700m in debt icon_frown.gif

Bolton beat Coventry with a last minute extra-time goal in the Playoff Final.

POS Graph - Just shows how unlikely promotion was before Christmas.

Squad - Keeper Quinton had a good season in goal keeping 16 Clean Sheets, in the centre of defence Hulse and Moore were rocks, but in January Hulse wanted to go to Mboro and will join them for £5m at the end of the season. DM Perez Gomez is rather underrated by the game, but does an important job in front of the defence. Centre Midfield is going to be a problem next season, Rafinha is getting old, Mikel is unhappy, and rest have been sold leaving only Ivo Sigmund. On the Left Winger de Araujo and Rocchi rotated well, however the right wing is going to be a problem, Jaroslav Straka doesn't seem to have recovered from a long injury a couple of seasons ago and struggled, Vittorio Capecchi was in fine form, but will be joining Bolton.

Upfront Danny Naylor had another awful season by his standards, and his time may have come, Spevak started the season well, but seriously underperformed when we were struggling, but came back into form with the change to 4-3-3 with some important goals.

Star of the Season was Young Spanish Striker Eduardo Lasarte touted as the next David Villa, who was signed from Athletic for £500K the season before last, spending last season onloan impressing at Real Sociedad, he impressed early on in the season as a late sub, with his work rate and determination - he's what I have been missing upfront, he's willing to chase the ball, scoring a few goals after tackling defenders or Keeper, and scoring scrappy close range goals, he did well in the first half of the season when Spevak and Naylor were out of form, and spent the second half of the season coming on as a sub to keep Spevak fresh, or as something extra in games we weren't winning. Of course I'll see how long it takes for my chairman to sell him.

Best XI - Bulgarian Petrov is a surprise choice on the left, he like Lasarte was mainly used as a sub to keep my wingers fresh, he was intialy a right winger, but being left footed I trained him to play on the left.

Overall Best XI - Scott Moore comes in at Centre-back, whilst Keeper Quinton makes the bench, Gary Woods is just short of 500 appearances for the club, he's been a fine Keeper since the Blue Square Premier when I signed him from Man Utd on a free making 457 league appearances, conceeding only 495 goals, keeping 149 Clean Sheets, plus 5 goals and countless assists. Though this may be broken as according to Naylor's history and Marine Records Naylor has 164 League Goals for Us plus 16 cup goals not 159 as that says icon_confused.gif

Club Infomation - Rafinha joins the Favoured Personnel, possibly due to the fact that he likes scoring 35 yard free-kicks. Whilst our ground is now going to be a just under 40,000 all-seater stadium - this is now the biggest staduim I've had since beginning the challenge in FM06 - only 8 grounds are bigger than ours in the Premiership, and looks like some teams have been expanding, Whilst Portsmouth have moved into a 45,000 capacirt Spinnaker Stadium (is this pre-programmed?)

The Richlist see us ranked 14th in England, and 49th in the World above Inter Milan!

Feeder Clubs - Added League One Grimsby and Trinidad side Joe Public (what a great name icon_smile.gif)

Snapshot - The FA Cup saw us lose to Premiership Portsmouth 3-1 in the Third Round, whilst we reached the Third Round of the Carling Cup for the second season in a row beating Peterborough and Yeovil before going down to Everton on pens after a thrilling 4-4 draw, where we showed some backbone, that we weren't showing in the league at the time.

Manager Profile - Loyalty goes up after I was linked with more jobs, whilst Domestic Bias actually goes down, and it will go down more now I can scout the whole world.

There was also a shock in the Premier League this season - Arsenal got themselves relagated to the Championship, releasing their first choice keeper, who was only rated as a good Championship Keeper early in the season, didn't help them, and with them being £211m in debt we may not be seeing them again, rather disappointing is that Abramovick is still at Chelsea.

I also get the last laugh on the four players who felt Arsenal, Mboro and Coventry were too good to turn down, as I'll be in the Premiership whilst they are in the Championship. icon_biggrin.gif

I may have found out why the relagated Premiership teams have some much money - I get £29.5m TV rights just for the Premiership! (Though I haven't received any cash yet, do we get this monthly then?)

So to stop me going straight back down, I'm going to have a lengthy shopping list I needed - a couple of centre-backs, possibly a right back, several central midfielders, and some right wingers.

Lets hope that I don't go straight back down to the Championship...

Though it appears being in the Premiership doesn't stop your players from becoming unhappy, my Bulgarian Winger is unhappy I turned down a bid from Brighton for him icon_frown.gif and to top it off I'm finding it very hard to sign new players, all the teams want silly money for their players icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by happy slappy:

Damn this thread!!

Just been reading the first 30 pages and now I want to do this challenge AGAIN!

Holidaying as I speak.

icon_biggrin.gif

ha ha, tell me about it!! got a few irons in the fire so to speak at the moment, but do fancy another crack at it...

I HATE MY CHAIRMAN

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

THIS MUCH!!! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Just sold off my star centre-back Douglas icon13.gif

Douglas

Selling him off for £3m or so. I really want him to leave the club alone.

Got a new media message that I hadn't seen before:

Muller attracts attention

Surprised since he's only a played a few games this season, although has done fairly well.

Given that's he valued at only £100k and wanted by Blackburn, Bolton, Charlton, Leeds, Newcastle, Portsmouth, Reading and Tottenham, who here gives me any chance of holding onto him past the next transfer window?

Originally posted by ejthegreat:

Surprised since he's only a played a few games this season, although has done fairly well.

Given that's he valued at only £100k and wanted by Blackburn, Bolton, Charlton, Leeds, Newcastle, Portsmouth, Reading and Tottenham, who here gives me any chance of holding onto him past the next transfer window?

slim?? i'd say your best bit is hiring a hitman to take out your chairman... icon_wink.gif on a serious note, what sort of contract is he on? could you offer him a new one to try and keep them at bay a bit? might also boost his value a bit...

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ejthegreat:

slim?? i'd say your best bit is hiring a hitman to take out your chairman... icon_wink.gif on a serious note, what sort of contract is he on? could you offer him a new one to try and keep them at bay a bit? might also boost his value a bit... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am offering one at the moment, so far he's happy so hopefully he'll accept. Currently has 18mths to go on £2k/week contract as a squad player. Will be looking at 3-4 yr contract at least. So far I've had 4-5 "enquiries" but no firm offers, fingers crossed.

A Quick overview of the World 16 years into the Future - 2023

<A HREF="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4236/premiervg3.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

Premier League</A> - Liverpool have won the League a record 27 times, winning the last 5 in a row, and 9 out of the 16 since 2008. Spurs have won 4 titles - including 3 in a row 2016-2018, Newcastle and Arsenal are the only other teams to win it. Interestingly Everton finished second two years in a row before getting relagated the next season. In the last few years Leeds, Birmingham, Reading, Man City and Huddersfield have been finishing 2nd/3rd. Portsmouth managed two third places in 2009 and 2017.

Liverpool are currently the only side with a Worldwide rep, whilst Birmingham, Chelsea, Huddersfield, Leeds, Man City, Newcastle and Spurs have Continental Reputations.

Huddersfield have been a Premiership Team since 2015/16, and now a mid-table team.

Leeds returned to the Premiership in 2012/13, getting relagated twice more but coming straight backup.

Southend have been here since 2013/14 and are a lower table struggler.

Wolves have been battling relagation since their promotion in 2011/12.

Whilst Chelsea are back to being a top-half finisher, just claiming or missing a European place.

Managers: (club mentioned is which club they started the game at)

Birmingham - Leyton Orient's Martin Ling has been in charge for 10 years. They have an Algerian Board.

Bolton - Preston's Manager Paul Simpson, was appointed last season, his longest stay is 5 years at Derby.

Brighton - Appointed Steve Cotterill (Burnley) last season.

Chelsea - Abramovich is still chairman and have been managed by Alan Pardew for 18 months (he stayed at Charlton until going back to WHU in 2011). Avram Grant was in charge until 2010, whilst Dennis Wise lasted one season in charge.

Huddersfield - Managed by Frank Lampard - he left Chelsea in 2013 joing Oldham on a free, was a youth coach at Reading and Arsenal for two seasons each, and then spent nearly 3 seasons in charge of Coventry, before being appointed Arsenal manager, that only last 3 months when he nearly got them relagated (their relagation last season, shows it wasn't his fault), and was appointed Huddersfield manager last year.

Ipswich - Have a regen in charge, who was previously the Bedford Manager. Though they have Brian McClair on the coaching staff.

Leeds - Ex-Brentford Manager Leroy Rosenior has been in Charge since 2018. There backroom is completly English except for the NIrish Gerry Taggart.

Liverpool - Watford Manager Adrian Boothroyd was appointed in 2017. Benitez lasted until 2011.

Man City - Fired Eriksson after Christmas in the first season, they still have the same Thai Chairman and are currently managed by German Thomas Schaaf who joined last season after a season at Everton and 8 years at Chelsea.

Newcastle - Chairman Mike Ashley is still there and they are managed by David Platt. Whilst Nigel Pearson and Lee Clark are still on the coaching staff. Stuart Pearce spent 7 years in charge of them and is still the England U21 Manager.

Portsmouth - managed by Ian Holloway, who's on his 7th job of the game (not very loyal), Tony Adams is still assistant manager. Redknapp retired in 2010 after losing the FA Cup and was replaced by Martin O'Neill. They have also had Laudrup, Boothroyd, Platt, Mike Newell and Henk ten Cate in charge.

Sheffield United - Managed by Micky Adams.

Southampton - Managed by Andy Ritchie, who spent 6 months in charge of Man Utd.

Southend - are still managed by Steve Tilson, he's been in charge since 2003.

Stoke have a regen in charge.

Sunderland - Managed by Mike Newell, with Niall Quinn still chairman. Roy Keane resigned in 2013.

Tottenham - Now have a Finnish Board and are managed Spaniard Marcelino (Racing Manager) who was appointed last season. Martin Jol was fired in Dec 2007, replaced by Louis van Gaal who was then fired in Feb08. Steve Coppell, Mark Hughes, David Moyes and Stuart Pearce have all been manager. They have been inspired by Bojan for the last 10 years after he arrived on a free from Barcelona.

West Brom have Iain Dowie in charge.

Wolves are being managed by Espanyol manager Ernesto Valverde, who was the guy that got Man Utd relagated.

<A HREF="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1911/championshipew4.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

Championship</A> - Blackburn, Derby, Fulham and Wigan are all established Championship sides, Kettering Town made it to the Championship this season, after starting off in the BSN. Reading and Arsenal are in the Championship for the first time. WHU have never made it back to the Premiership since going down in the first season.

Sol Campbell is the Arsenal Manager.

<A HREF="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/14/leagueonelh7.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

League One</A> - Man Utd are in real problem, and went bankrupt again this season, Aston Villa are spending their fourth season in League One, Charlton have been here for 8 years.

Whilst the Computer is attempting the Challenge with Billericay Town, they gained promotion to the BSS in 2009/10, and this is their first season in League One, who would have thought that Man Utd and Billericay would both be in League One in 2023?

Man Utd - fired Fergie in 2010 for being third in the league, and from then things went downhill. Felix Magath, Steve Bruce, Roy Keane, Alan Curbishley, Andy Ritchie, Thomas Doll and Dieter Eilts couldn't bring succes to them. Their only succes has been winning the Champions League and FA Cup in the First Season.

<A HREF="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7330/leaguetwokb2.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

League Two</A> - nothing really going on here, apart from Watford. Bradley Wright-Phillips is in charge of Hendon and Steve Harper is in charge of Woking.

<A HREF="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8454/bluesquarepremfl9.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

Blue Square Premier</A> - Barnsley not doing too well, and are the lowest ex-Premier Team. There's a few challenge teams in here can they make it to the Football League.

<A HREF="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5663/blluesquarenorthxw2.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

Blue Square North</A> - Crewe and Port Vale doing rather badly. With Crewe down to Semi-Pro.

<A HREF="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5755/bluesquaresouthss2.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

Blue Square South</A> - nothing going on here.

FA Cup - nothing remarkable happening here, Everton, Blackburn, Newcastle, Man City and Liverpool have all managed to win it twice. Mboro, Chelsea, Portsmouth, Arsenal and Sunderland the other winners.

Carling Cup - was Spurs's competition 10 years with 3 in a row and 4 in 5 years. Leeds have claimed the last two.

Aston Villa have won the Paint Trophy, their only cup since League Cup in 1996.

UEFA Champions League - Has only been won by English sides 4 times - Spurs(x2), Man Utd and Liverpool. AC Milan have won it 4 times, Inter 3, with Barcelona, Sevilla, R. Madrid, FC Bayern and current holders Lyon all winning it once. AC Milan have the record with 11 wins.

UEFA Cup - Blackburn, Liverpool and Rangers are the only British teams to have won it, only R. Madrid have mangaged to win it more than once - three times, whilst FC Kobenhaven won it on home soil in 2010.

FIFA Club World Cup - Liverpool and Man Utd have won it once, AC Milan have a record 3 titles. 7 South American Teams have won it, compared to 8 European sides.

World Cup - 2010 was won by Italy beating France, England came third. 2014 was won by Argentina over Italy, with France third. 2018 saw Brazil beat Spain and Holland finish Third. The last World Cup 2022 was won by France over Croatia, with Brazil Third.

In 2014 and 2022 England made it to the Second Round, and the Quarters in 2018.

Euroepean Championships - England finished runner-ups in 2008 and 2012 to Italy and Spain, whilst Holland won it in 2016 and 2020 beating Spain and Italy.

(Screenshots show overall best xi, only counts appearances since game started I think)

<A HREF="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/976/englandxijt2.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

England</A> didn't make it Euro2014, losing to Denmark in the playoffs, whilst they made it to the Quarter-Final in 2020.

<A HREF="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7320/englandrecordsfi8.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

England Records.</A> Steve McClaren stayed in charge until 2014, being replaced by Steve Coppell, who was replaced by Current Manager Gareth Southgate two years ago.

<A HREF="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9171/irelandxifj1.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

Ireland</A> - Made it to Euro2012 finishing bottom of their group with no goals or points, they lost the playoff in 2014 like England. World Cup wise they lost the playoff in 2012.

<A HREF="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2119/nirelandxigy7.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

NIreland</A> have made it to nothing.

<A HREF="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4410/scotlandxiwt4.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

Scotland</A> made it to Euro2020 but finished bottom of Group A. They also made it to World Cup 2018, but went out in Group A on Goal Difference.

<A HREF="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5967/walesxijs9.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

Wales</A> - finished bottom of the second placed teams in World Cup 2008Q so didn't make the playoffs, they did make it EURO2020 but finished bottom of their group with 1 point and one goal.

Managers - Hristo Stoichkov is the USA Manager, Michael Laudrup is the Barcelona manager and spent a year in charge of Portsmouth. Paul Ince is the Juventus Manager, after stints in charge of Villa and Soton. Steve Staunton is still the Ireland Manager. Mancini is still in charge of Inter, Ancelotti is in charge of Italy, Koeman is in charge of Holland. Nigel Worthington is still in charge of NIreland. Hagi is in charge of Romania, Roland Nilsson is in charge of Sweden, and Mark Hughes has been in charge of Valencia for nearly 10 years.

Other than that everyone else seems to have retired.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

About time Murray.! Congrats on getting promoted, at last.! icon14.gif

Lets hope you can bring in a lot of good players from that.

The chairman's given me £40m to spend. Though I have made £43m in player sales this season, ~£15m of that is from sell on fee's icon_cool.gif

So after spending £28m I still have £30m of the £41m left icon_biggrin.gif

I brought back my old defender Dean Law, which impressed the fans, but upset some of my defenders as they seem to think there is too much competition - even though I have one less centre-back than last season icon_confused.gif

Also signed a French Midfielder who's touted as the next Platini.

The season didn't get off to the best of starts - Away to Chelsea in the first game, and my new Peru midfielder gets himself sent off before half-time for holding, whilst my Striker Spevak got himself injured before the game, we end up losing 4-1 welcome to the Premiership.

The season got better as we followed that up with a 2-2 draw away to Birmingham and 2-1 home wins over Southend and Huddersfield thanks to 90th minute goals, whilst my young striker Eduardo Lasarte seems unfazed by the Premiership with 4 goals in 3(1) appearances icon_smile.gif

Hi guys im new to his challenge but just wondered if anyone is having a go with boreham wood.

I support arsenal you see and i want to be them as they have arsenal as a parent club just wondered if it took a while before any of you got to pick Boreham as im finding it abit tricky at the moment.

canvey!! – Mangotsfield United – 2013/14 – Blue Square Premier

Pre-Season Review

Stenhousemuir 3-1 Mangotsfield

In the first part of our Scottish tour, it truly was a game of two halves. Our first-half hard work paid off when Gary Stephen upended Malcolm Christie to give us a penalty, which Christie converted. The injured Brian Ryan came off at half time, and the second half’s goalscoring began with an offside Stenhousemuir goal from David Chapman, who was on a yellow for diving. Andy Fotheringham made it two 10 minutes later with a free kick, and a header from a corner summed up our humiliation. Central defender Spencer Harris was injured at the 90, leaving me wondering if this was a bloodbath or a friendly. Perhaps they never would have equalised if it weren’t for some bad refereeing decisions by Unknown.

MOM: Marc McMillan (8) – Stenhousemuir’s 3rd goalscorer

Stirling 1-0 Mangotsfield

With Brian Ryan out for a week or two, and Spencer Harris out for a month or two, as well as Malcolm Christie being unfit and out of contract, things weren’t looking good for our trip to Stirling, the next part of our Highland tour. Welsh striker Robert Duffy, however, arrived just in time to get into the squad. Good goalkeeping from Ben Smyth kept the first half goalless, but he couldn’t keep this up and we were soon 1-0 down after the restart. Yet another striker injured, Malcolm Christie suffering a near-death experience with his condition down to 1. Stirling added another, but it was ruled offside.

MOM: Gary McDermott (8) – Stirling goalscorer

Inverness CT 5-3 Mangotsfield

It only took us 5 minutes to go 1-0 down, but loanee Marlon Jackson headed in a terrific equaliser. The referee, Unknown, made the mistake of giving it as an own goal. But really, it was scant consolation: we weren’t going to win, and it looked as if the players knew it. Even the clinical Championship strikers fired pathetically wide as the defence were ripped to shreds time and time again. Going into the break, we were 4-1 down. Marlon Jackson gave us a goal in the 59th, would it be a spectacular comeback? While it looked like that temporarily, Marlon Jackson adding another, Inverness taught our fans never to dream by scoring to round off the match.

MOM: Joe Mason (8) – Inverness goalscorer x2

Cowdenbeath 1-0 Mangotsfield

Our Scottish tour concluded at Cowdenbeath. The first half ended goalless, and we seemed to be controlling the match well. Unfortunately, the callous Scots were at it again, this time injuring Matthew Hackney. I brought Gavin Kennedy on and we commenced the second half. We seemed shy in the second half, and that cost us the first goal 10 minutes in. It was worrying; 10 minutes to go, trailing, and the team not looking like scoring; it was a lazy match. The attackers’ diet of melted cheese meant they couldn’t hit a barn door, so the match passed really without incident. Note to self: Never tour again.

MOM: Stephen McVittie (8) – Cowdenbeath scorer

Mangotsfield 1-1 Rushden

Right winger Iain Sinclair gave us the lead against League 2 Rushden & Diamonds just 17 minutes in. Despite constant pressure, we held that to half time. Solid defence-work and good goalkeeping seemed futile as the anchorman failed to make key tackles, and the strikers wasted our occasional chances. I replaced the formation’s sharp end in the hope that would change. It didn’t, although I think shambolic DM Paul King was to blame for Rushden’s equaliser.

MOM: Iain Sinclair (8)

Mangotsfield 1-9 Bristol City

Marlon Jackson was ineligible for the visit of his club Bristol City, last year’s Championship playoff final losers. Loanee Christopher McMahon took between the sticks, and I made a point of not selecting Paul King. We held the fort for 2 minutes and 17 seconds, before a long range shot got the better of us. There had been no real Mangotsfield highlights by 65 minutes. Bristol City were 7-0 up, including a hattrick and a third for Matty West, whereas we’d mustered only 6 shots – all of target. But then Brian Ryan came up with a moment of magic, scoring from Dave Wilson’s cross, and we were only 6 goals away from an equaliser! But of course that would only happen in my dreamiest of dreams, and Bristol City finished the game off even more so with an extra two goals. Wow, still single figures! The only real high point was the 2,456 attendance, just 44 short of capacity. Just for fun, our ratings: 2x6, 4x5, 4x4, 1x3. You may think the result is understandable, seeing it is to a Championship-quality club, but take a look in the records thread, and you’ll see the record home defeat is my own by the same scoreline, in the league. I thanked Gary Johnson for the match as I sheepishly left the pitch.

MOM: Matty West (10), with 4 Bristol City goals

Mangotsfield 3-1 Worksop

Four days before the match, I glanced at my overview screen. Lo and behold, the manager was Garry Haylock, who was with the club under me for a year, making 5 appearances. Marlon Jackson opened the scoring 10 minutes in, and Brian Ryan doubled the lead in the 41st, 26 minutes after having another goal ruled out for offside. At halftime, we looked comfortable with our 2-0 lead. 50 minutes in, Darren Rowell was fouled, giving us a chance to increase our lead from the spot. Unfortunately, Vice-Captain Iain Sinclair could only hit it at the keeper. But Sinclair pounced as the ball clattered away, and rifled it into the top corner to seal our win. Worksop nabbed a goal back in the 83rd, in a similar way to Sinclair’s goal, but we held strong against the pressure and rode out for the win, our first of the pre-season.

Mangotsfield 4-0 Chelmsford

New signing Mark Walker opened the scoring 16 minutes in against personal rivals Chelmsford, and he headed in from a corner to double his tally at the half-hour. We held that score until half-time, and Brian Ryan, who I subbed on, scored 10 minutes after the restart. By the time 90 minutes arrived, we were 4-0 up, Ryan having finished off his brace scrambling in a goal after an excellent passing move went awry. Stoppage time went by without a hitch, and we ended our pre-season in style!

MOM: Mark Walker (9)

Season Ticket Sales: 239

Transfers

I’ve bolstered the squad with Welsh talent, that being a goalkeeper on loan from Cardiff, and three Welsh strikers, two of whom I am licking my lips at the prospect of watching them develop. I’m still searching for a left winger, as my assistant Kevin Phillips sees the current one, Dave Wilson, as the weak link in an otherwise good team. My expectation: a solid mid-table position, something around about 9th.

P.S. Sorry for the long match synopses icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Rickaldo:

Looks like it will be a while before i join you in the Premier League with my chairman accepting bids for my 64 goal striker from last year, he's already sold my best midfielder to Bolton for 1.7 million and 50%.

John Ward the Super Striker

Ward's History

Yeah, it sucks when your chairman is determined to sell off your best players, it looks like mine may have left me alone now, he let me turn down a £19m bid from Portsmouth for my Defender Scott Moore.

Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rickaldo:

Looks like it will be a while before i join you in the Premier League with my chairman accepting bids for my 64 goal striker from last year, he's already sold my best midfielder to Bolton for 1.7 million and 50%.

John Ward the Super Striker

Ward's History

Yeah, it sucks when your chairman is determined to sell off your best players, it looks like mine may have left me alone now, he let me turn down a £19m bid from Portsmouth for my Defender Scott Moore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My chairman's only done it twice but they were the best players i had by far, anyway this is my replacement for Ward, he's been playing for Motherwell recently but they released him so i thought i'd give him a chance.

Andres D'allesandro

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Youth Player Project

Every year we get a new batch of youth players, and the Ass Man singles out the best one of them. (I'm assuming they have the best P.A of the group.)

My aim is to take this player, give them some first team football, and track their career, be it at Real London, or should they move on. Each season I will add a new player to the reports, (naturally) and just think it could be fun, interesting and informative of what happens with them.

Mid-Season Reports

Player 1

John Adam, AM/F C

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Season | Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass | Av R

1 | 35(9)| 21 | 5 | - | 7.16

2 | 19(2)| 13 | 5 | 7 | 7.52</pre>

Apart from the fact that he got injured from 1-2 months icon_mad.gif - he's been playing out of his skin. His coach/scout reports have all hit 5* marks, and the media have "hailed" him twice, while he has been commented as a danger man once too. I can't wait until he returns fro injury.! Now valued at £10,000 - I could potentially make a good amount of money out of this kid.!

Player 2

Mathew McManus

1 | 3(11)| 3 | 0 | 5 | 6.71

</pre>

Not impressive stats? perhaps, but the fact of the matter is, he only really gets bout 15 - 20 minutes a game, so its not REALLY that much time to have an impact. Still managed to knock in 3 goals, and 5 assists, and mentally looks quite a good player. Also got injured for 2 months icon_mad.gif - due back in a few weeks.

Well, I'm overly impressed still from both my boys. They are scoring machines, and getting in on the assists too. Both got injured for 2 months, within the space of 3 days icon_frown.gif

Will update at either milestones, or End of season.

icon14.gif

We are making life difficult for ourselves this season, in 17 games I've had 5 men sent off icon_eek.gif

My Left Back Gregory has been sent off 3 times - alright one was a second yellow for holding someones shirt icon_rolleyes.gif but the others were for hacking players down, he's only got an aggression of 2!

Four of my red cards have been in the first half as well.

Club: Guiseley

Coach: Joost Nijhof (foost)

League: BSN

Season: 03

GOAL/WHAT HAPPEND:

Last season went okish, my biggest problem -the weak defence- was still a big problem this season. Tho, thanks to my great new keeper and good strikers I scored more than I got against and become, bit lucky, champion. Next season will be extremely hard and will be a battle against relegation.

I still havn't got the right tactic. I score lots of goals, but my defence is ***** which I think is weird since my scout/coachreports sais I have defenders who are decent League Two/One players. So that needs a bit tweaking.

This was also the first season where I sold a couple of players earning the club a 10k ;-)

Next season I will be looking for great youngsters which I can use for a couple of seasons and build a team where the players get to know each other.

BS Premier here we come!

SCREENSHOTS

- Club Information

- The Staff

- Guiseley's players

- Transfers in/out

- Finances Summary

- End of season table

- End of season graph

- Overall team stats

- Overall player stats

- Season Summary

Originally posted by foost:

What place are you atm michael?

5th after 16 league games icon_eek.gif

The press seem to think we are in a title challenge - but Liverpool in First are 11 points clear.

My Keeper and Centre-backs are playing well, our solid defence means we are able to snatch 1-0 wins, or 1-1 draws - two 2-2 draws and the 4-1 opening day defeat to Chelsea are the only games in which more than three goals have been scored, leaving us with a GD +3 compared to Liverpool's +22.

90th minute goals are becoming a factor this season - I've won three games due to a 90th minute goal, lost one and drawn two games with both goals coming in the 90th minute.

The league is seeming rather weak - only Chelsea have hammered us and we spent most of that game down to 10 men, we so nearly beat Liverpool at home, scoring in the 90th minute, only for them to equalise a minute later.

Though I expect we'll soon drop away - I've got three players suspended at the moment (two for 5 yellows and Gregory for his red cards), all it needs is a couple of injuries or the loss of form of certain players, as we are a bit thin for cover in certain places.

Ive been without internet for the last few days but I have finished my first two seasons so I will do both reports in one:

Hednesford 2008/2009 Report

I took over the team and as usual all they had was a Chairman and a Manager (how did they manage to get promotion icon_biggrin.gif?) I signed an ass man, fitness coach, scout and a phsyio and then started looking for players.

I signed 19 players on a free transfer looking for them to fill the roll of a 4-3-3/4-5-1. I also managed to get Craig Mahon on loan from wigan.

With a squad average age of 19 and absolutley no understanding of each other I only envisaged the worst. I was pleasently surprised when we won our first ten games.

All good things come to an end eventually and the rest of our season was pretty much a ration of Win-Win-Draw-Lose and a really bad slump in December where we didnt win any games.

After December things started to pick up and we managed to push ourselves into amazing form taking over 5th place by 20 points at the end of the season finishing 4th.

It seemed we took our performances that should have been in the Setanta Shield and Fa Trophy (losing our games in them to non playable teams) and mixed them in the bag with the Fa Cup.

We beat two unplayable teams, our Arch Rivals Stafford in the Blue Square Premier, Histon who were top of the BSN for the entire season and finally Crewe in League One 2-0 away. Hoping to get a team from the Premiership my prayers were answered with a trip to the Emirates to play Arsenal...

Who duly thrashed us 8-2 (although I was ecstatic when we went 6-1 down icon_biggrin.gif) Craig Mahon somehow scoring two goals. Most importantly the game netted me with 1.4 million making my board very very hapy. (and me)

Sadly though after all these positives we lost in the playoff semi finals after winning the first leg 3-1. But a great first season anyway.

Final Table

Squad

Our best player of the season was undoubtedly Craig Mahon but the bastard doesnt want to sign for me permanently icon_frown.gif

Hednesford Season 2009/2010

Given a 500k Transfer budget and a 8k Wage budget I went into this season with an immensly positive attitude. I decided that my team could do with some experience so I signed three central midfielders over 28 (who at the end of the season would be the top three highest pass-pacentage players (all above 90%))

I had no luck in buying or loaning Mahon again for some reason icon_frown.gif so I signed the first guy i could find with 16+ pace and accelleration turning up with Joel Ledgister (more on him later) Also Loaned in Jack compton and signed another Winger, going for all out pace.

The season started amazingly (although we were crap in the cups) and by December we were top by 15 points. And alas... The Curse of Santa Claus came again and we lost every game in december. Our form picked up a bit in january but it was shakey for a long time.

With 4 games to go I was in 2nd 12 points behind Nuneaton. My only chance of promotion now was to win all my last games and Nuneaton to lose all of theirs (they had only lost 2 games in their whole season so far). The stage was set, if I was to win the league this year it would be Epic.

Luckily the first of the last 4 games was against Nuneaton, Perhaps the turning point of the season as we beat them 5-0. Now I had a chance; Their squad was demoralized after this loss (helped a bit by some of my gloating icon_biggrin.gif).

We won the next two games 4-0 and 3-0 while Nuneaton lost both their games.

For the last game of the season I had Harragate who were fighting for a playoff spot and Nuneaton had Witton who had already been relegated.

But a miracle happened with 10 minutes to go i was 3-0 up and witton were winning 2-0. Harrogate scored 3 goals in the last ten minutes . I was almost crying when Joel Ledigster scored his 32nd goal of the season in the 5th minute of extra time. And yep Witton had beaten Nuneaton 2-0.

This has been probably one of the most exciting last 4 games of a season I have ever played. Against all odds we secured a promotion and I secured a new three year contract. Nuneaton also lost in the playoffs icon_biggrin.gif

Final Table

Squad

I go into the BSP with 1.6 million in the bank, lots of links with league two clubs and a positive attitude. Hopefully Mahon will join me. Ledigster and Mahon upfront together... icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for reading ( if you actually did :p)

Chippenham 09/10 Season Review

Just finished the end of a promising yet ultimately frustrating season in the BSP.

Our inability to hold onto leads, defend set pieces or convert our chances lead to numerous defeats or draws towards the end of the season.

Our final league position of 8th was better than i had hoped at the start of the season although after such a promising start , the play offs should have been a realistic target.

A major setback this year was losing my top scorer Davis from the previous year when he tore his cruciate and was out for a year after scoring 7 in 7. I will release him at the end of this year as he wasnt the quickest before the injury.

My best player was Hotchkiss who was released by Leeds and has been a revelation in the AMC role scoring 18 league goals this year. Without his goals we would have strugled as none of my strikers made the step up from BSS. This said I have high hopes for my 16 yr old striker james jones who I bought on a free from Merthyr Tydfill. Il keep you posted with his progress.

I think with a new defence and a proven striker promotion could be on the cards next year.

Squad

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3990/table10ue2.png

Youth Project - A quick update

Wont update the goals and what not until EOS now, but just to let you know...

Youth Player 1 (Andy John) - has a club interested in him.!!! (Dag & Red)

He's valued at £9,000 - I've set an asking price of £50,000, but will accept anywhere between £20,000 and £30,000 for him. (should they bid)

Originally posted by foost:

@ Hungface:

How the hell did you get a transferbudget?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hednesford Season 2009/2010

Given a 500k Transfer budget and a 8k Wage budget I went into this season with an immensly positive attitude.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He drew Arsenal away in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, bringing in £1.4m.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foost:

@ Hungface:

How the hell did you get a transferbudget?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hednesford Season 2009/2010

Given a 500k Transfer budget and a 8k Wage budget I went into this season with an immensly positive attitude.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He drew Arsenal away in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, bringing in £1.4m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shows just how important a good run in the FA Cup is... the holy grail that is the 3rd round...

It happened to me last year, managed to beat a few lower league teams before drawing Man Utd at Old Trafford. It gave me more money than I could spend for a few years, at that level there's nothing you can do with the money.

Mangotsfield Season 2009/10

An average start to the season which begins looking like another mid-table battle but after the first 5 games the play picks up as Mangotsfield get on a roll even holding 2nd place for a 3 game spell but eventually find themselves fitting for the play-off positions. A battle with Sutton Utd dominates the season as they fight over 3rd with Mangotsfield end coming out on top- they met again in the play-off semis with Mangotsfield putting in a good away performance to sneak though 4-3 on aggregate. The final isn't the expected clash with Bath but with Basingstoke- they prove a solid test but Mangotsfield pass the test winning 1-0 and winning promotion to the Blue Square Premier. A season ends with success despite the media predicting another tough season for Field- Healy is rewarded for his heroics with a new 2 year contract.

Table

Graph

1st Leg

2nd Leg

Final

BSP

Healy Ton Up

Team Stats

Squad

Transfers

Originally posted by dafuge:

It happened to me last year, managed to beat a few lower league teams before drawing Man Utd at Old Trafford. It gave me more money than I could spend for a few years, at that level there's nothing you can do with the money.

Yeh, No one worth buying at all. But its nice to have a solid backbone for the future.

Real London Update - Season 3 (2010/2011)

BSS Prediction - 2nd

BSS Posistion - 2nd

F.A Cup - 3rd Qual. Round

F.A Trophy - 2nd Round

Setanta Shield - 5th Round

Blue Square South - Graph | Table

second place, but more importantly, A comprehensive 4-1 win in the Play Off Final saw us promoted, finally.! A great season, and it was always going to be between Real London and Crawley for the title from early on in the season, despite a late charge from Ebbsfleet. 2 losses from Real London to Crawley proved crucial, as they were the main reason behind the second place finish, and not first.

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Both youth players in the season best eleven, and YP1 still a first pick in the Overall Best eleven, with 40 club goals in 82 apps.

Other Info

Finances

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Team Info

Player Records

Team Records

Team Selection

Transfers

Only 4 signings this season, as I didn't feel I needed to strengthen the squad.

Awards

NepentheZ - Manager of the Year, Runner Up

Players of the Season

Ian Daly - Top scorer for the club, for the second season in a row, and played really well throughout.

Matt McManus (Youth Player 2) - Despite not playing much in the first two thirds of the season, I gave him an end of season run out, and he delivered something magical. Scoring 7 goals in 5 games, I was shell shocked, before he got injured AGAIN.! icon_frown.gif A great season for a kid I honestly didn't expect to feature much.

Season Summary

Fantastic that I got promotion, but disappointed in the 2nd place, after fighting for 1st place from game 1, to the last day of the season. Cup runs were dismal, but the promotion was enough to earn me a new 3 year contract

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 6th place

Season 2 - Blue Square South - 3rd place

Season 3 - Blue Square South - 2nd place, Promotion

*Real London were formally AFC Wimbledon

Youth Player Project

Every year we get a new batch of youth players, and the Ass Man singles out the best one of them. (I'm assuming they have the best P.A of the group.)

My aim is to take this player, give them some first team football, and track their career, be it at Real London, or should they move on. Each season I will add a new player to the reports, (naturally) and just think it could be fun, interesting and informative of what happens with them.

Mid-Season Reports

Player 1

John Adam, AM/F C

End of Season 2 - Profile

Interest from Dag & Red

First International Game (Scotland U-19)

2 | 36(2)| 19 | 6 | 11 | 7.42</pre>

Injury aside, he had a good season. If it wasn't for the 2 months out, I've no doubt he would have had a bigger impact, and beaten his first season goal total of 21 goals. Averagely better ratings, moving up by 0.26, and making an impressive 11 assists this season. Absolutely over the moon with his International call up, even though it was for the Scotland U-19s (first nationality is English) - but in his profile he claims he wants to play for england. Dag & Red have shown interest, but are yet to bid.

Player 2

Mathew McManus ST

1 | 16(14)| 11 | 1 | 8 | 6.97

</pre>

A very good first season from the lad. Mentally his stats are good, and his physical stats seem to be improving drastically. Considering, of the 14 sub appearances he made were literally minimal, hes scored 11 goals in around 19 or 20 games total, which is immense for a player like him. Also grabeed 8 assists.

Player 3

Andrew Martin - MC

At last, not a striker.! This guy, still only 15, actually look decent. Again, mentally he is very apt, but his technical stats are left much to be desired. I've strengthened the squad a lot for the new season, so I can't imagine he'll be starting many, if any games, but he'll definitely come on the field a few times.

Overall Thoughts

Glad I'm doing this. I've never REALLY payed much attention to these players from the lower leagues, but these guys are slotting into my team nicely. It also adds something extra to the game, as I get attached to them, and feel genuinely happy when they do well icon14.gif

Thanks for reading.

Youth Player Project

<STRIKE>Mid-Season Reports</STRIKE>

End of Season Reports

Player 1

John Adam, AM/F C

End of Season 2 - Profile

Interest from Dag & Red

First International Game (Scotland U-19)

2 | 36(2)| 19 | 6 | 11 | 7.42</pre>

Injury aside, he had a good season. If it wasn't for the 2 months out, I've no doubt he would have had a bigger impact, and beaten his first season goal total of 21 goals. Averagely better ratings, moving up by 0.26, and making an impressive 11 assists this season. Absolutely over the moon with his International call up, even though it was for the Scotland U-19s (first nationality is English) - but in his profile he claims he wants to play for england. Dag & Red have shown interest, but are yet to bid.

Player 2

Mathew McManus ST

1 | 16(14)| 11 | 1 | 8 | 6.97

</pre>

A very good first season from the lad. Mentally his stats are good, and his physical stats seem to be improving drastically. Considering, of the 14 sub appearances he made were literally minimal, hes scored 11 goals in around 19 or 20 games total, which is immense for a player like him. Also grabeed 8 assists.

Player 3

Andrew Martin - MC

At last, not a striker.! This guy, still only 15, actually look decent. Again, mentally he is very apt, but his technical stats are left much to be desired. I've strengthened the squad a lot for the new season, so I can't imagine he'll be starting many, if any games, but he'll definitely come on the field a few times.

Overall Thoughts

Glad I'm doing this. I've never REALLY payed much attention to these players from the lower leagues, but these guys are slotting into my team nicely. It also adds something extra to the game, as I get attached to them, and feel genuinely happy when they do well icon14.gif

Thanks for reading.

AFC Wimbledon 18/19 Championship Update

Just ticked over into January and having lost my best player to Southampton and with bids coming in from all directions I should be upset. Surprisingly, for me, I'm still confident that the team will at least challenge for promotion in what is currently an incredibly tight Championship season.

Apart from Aston Villa who are 11 pts ahead after 26 games, there is only 1 point from 2nd-7th and 6 from 2nd-12th. AFC Wimbledon is one of those clubs fighting and whoever doesn't have a slump is right in there with a chance of promotion.

Changed tactics a little this season, keeping the 4-4-2 but altering them more than I have over the past 5-6 seasons and creating more specialised tactics to reduce the amount of in-game tinkering. This was a result of my failure to handle both 4-2-4 and 4-4-2 with long foward arrows.

On the transfer front, I've brought in a new keeper and full back, both of whom will either be in the first team or strongly pushing for first team. With the £3million fee for losing Douglas I'm hopeful of getting a good replacement centre-back, although currently not been successful.

Have also made it through to the 4th Rd of the FA Cup where I'm away to fellow Championship side Southend who are 11th currently so 50/50.

Hoping to keep players happy and have a strong second half of the season and fingers crossed, a chance at promotion.

Originally posted by sergent21:

Nep, your youth players appear to be of a better standard than any of my youngsters.

Nearly finished my 1st season, which I will complete tonight and will bang out a review in the morning (depending on the boxing)

KUTGW everybody icon14.gificon14.gif

They're not that good icon_biggrin.gif Just good enough. I don't know how much they will feature in my future, tbh

dlnwba86 - King's Lynn - Season 1

It was with thanks to my 6 loan players from Norwich that i managed such a successful first season as manager of King's Lynn.

We started the season on fire and won the first 3 games of the season. Despite an excellent end to our season though, it was a dissappointing December/January which resulted in the team fighting it out in the playoffs.

League Table

League Position

As you can see from the above graph, the top 5 were pretty much as you were for the whole season, the closest i ever came to 6th was 2 points.

The first leg of the play-offs pitted us against Southport and after some dissappointing results against them earlier in the season i wasn't too hopeful.

First Leg

Second Leg

A 6-2 aggregate win even suprised me and having not lost to Tamworth in the two games we played against them this season, maybe we could grab a victory and promotion.

Final

An end to end game inevitably went to penalties, and my players held their nerve better to take victory and promotion to the Conference at the first attempt.

I really wouldn't have achieved this if it weren't for my Norwich loans and in a way i feel a bit guilty, but hey-ho, it's what their there for.

My finances are looking good and i should hopefully have a bit of cash to play with next season. If i can't get many Norwich loans for the second season, it may be the case i have to sign a whole new squad.

Finances

Finally my squad, Chris Martin from Norwich notched a fantastic 56 goals in 47(1) appearences and was player of the season in the league. Just hope i can get him next season as well.

Players

Archived