dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Witton Albion - 21/22 - Premiership - Rodrigo De La Vega

Can't comment too much about the first half of the season as that was months ago, in real time. I picked the game back up yesterday and finished off the season.

The team seemed to play well and we were able to finish 7th . Not bad for the second season in the Premiership.

We scored plenty of goals and the younger players seem to be coming on leaps and bounds. I'm thinking maybe another couple of seasons, with some cup success to keep them happy, and the team should be mature/gelled/talented enough to take the title in style.

The bad news for the season is that Braun will be leaving but I feel that Tshabalala will be be able to step up. He doesn't need to play straight away as Anson and Ballesteros both got over 20 goals each and Giderius managed 11.

Was a pity missing out an europe but I think it wouldn't have made much difference. I don't intend to bring many if any players in as the squad is big enough, and I'd like to concentrate on a cup next season. Maybe the league?

Anyway, roll on next season. I'll have a more detailed update then icon_smile.gif

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dlnwba86 - King's Lynn

Well i thought i would stick with my old team and try to emulate the team of 2007. I also like their colour.

Fingers crossed for a decent season. My usual goal was promotion within 3 season for each league, i think i'll be lucky to get that!

Originally posted by shakey.jake@hotmail.co.uk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rickaldo:

Has anybody ever had a striker on Excellent Form like this. He's currently shooting me to the League Two title icon_cool.gif.

What Skin is that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ZzizZ from sortitoutsi.net

Marine - Championship 21/22

Having lost in the Playoffs for the last two seasons in a row, the hope was to do better, but in the end the other teams in the League provided too strong for us.

It was a weird season in the Championship this season - the Top Seven were just in another league to everyone else, with us just about hanging onto the other six teams coat tails.

By the second half of the season we had opened up a massive lead over the eigth place team - and we were basicaly fighting to see which one of us wouldn't make it into the playoffs.

Recently relegated Southampton were unstoppable - scoring a record 127 goals - hammering Everton 6-0, Coventry 4-0, West Ham 7-1 and Man Utd 8-0 (who were Keeperless at the time).

The other teams - Brighton, Sheff Wed, Everton, Coventry and West Ham were banging goals in for fun aswell. Brighton were fielding three of my ex-defenders - and they managed to hammer Coventry (6-1) and West Ham (7-1).

Everton aswell were a problem - they spent £10m on a player who spent most of the season on the bench, they also had a couple of £10m rated strikers. Luckily they found themselves in a bit of trouble in Jan when other teams started to raid them for players.

So to compete with these teams my team needed strengthening and I needed a bit of luck - I strengthened my team by raiding the Czech Republic for 5 more Czech players, I also started refilling my team up with some promising youngsters, and also spent a fair bit of money on two promising youngsters - Italian Left Winger Mario Rocchi arrived from Inter for a club record £4m, he'd done okay on loan and was rated highly by my staff so I decided to sign him before anyone beat me to him, I also brought in another Promising Spanish Striker Jose Carlos Vargas from Sevilla for £3m and a Bulgarian Winger on a free Krasimir Petrov who my fans were excited about.

At last count I now have 9 Czech Players and 9 Spanish Players, compared to 11 Englishmen (excluding Youths and 2nd Nats).

Of course I needed these players after I lost 14 squad players - Relegated Blackburn signed Spanish Keeper Jimenez and Czech Striker Smejkal after they were both unhappy, English Centre-back Robinson went to Ipswich after £1m was too much to turn down, moaning Left-Back Bell went to Oldham, whilst the aging Kajtes went to Woking.

I then lost my left wingers, hence the signing of Rocchi - Talavera hadn't impressed and at the time I had better options, then Mendez started moaning after Bolton bidded £200K for him, he finally disappeared back off to Spain, then a couple of weeks later my Danish Winger Nielsen randomly demanded a transfer and went to Plymouth. English Midfielder Paul Franks completed the sales when he started moaning about competition.

The Winter Window just got worse and worse - Promising Midfielder Jason Tomlin left for £4m to Rangers, after he refused to sign a new contract when Fulham declared an interest.

My Chairman then decided to get involved, it seems he doesn't want me to ever gain promotion with his attempts to sell players to rival Championship clubs - he attempted to sell Swedish Left Back Christoffer Sali to Coventry, luckily I offered him out and he accepted Hertha's bid (£2m less but at least he's not going to play against me for a while). Then towards the end of the window he decided to sell my striker Forsyth to Huddersfield for £10m icon_frown.gif

Transfers actually need two screens this season, as we don't see to be able to filter out loans - Transfers Part 1 and Transfers Part 2.

And that would pretty much end my chances of promotion - My Star Striker Naylor would miss most of the season due to injury - he got injured in the 6th minute of our first game of the season, then got himself injured scoring on his return, then injured himself in the rerserves as I attempted to get him match fit icon_frown.gif

High point of the season was beating Man Utd 7-0 at home, at this point Man Utd are pretty much reduced to players who've come from their academy.

Again our inablity to score let us down with 5 nil-nil draws against teams we should have beaten. Yet again we just couln't keep the pressure up on the top teams, we only really gained on them when they played each other or we played them - we managed to beat Brighton 2-1 thanks to an inspired substitution and also became the first team to score against and beat Soton in ages, though it was a costly win, losing my two centre-backs and left back to injuries icon_frown.gif

But with the teams above us beating everyone else, they weren't dropping that many points, and a 6-2 defeat to Everton ended our hopes of automatic promotion, and in the end we narrowly beat out West Ham to the last Playoff Spot.

But it was all for nothing, we were drawn against Sheff Wed in the playoffs and they hammered us 3-0 in the first leg and in the second leg we never looked like scoring, and that game ended 0-0, meaning for the third season in a row we had given up in the playoffs icon_frown.gif

Final Table - we had the best defence yet again, but just couldn't match the others, and spent most of the season hanging onto that last playoff spot.

The problem is I just cannot match the top teams, if my players start playing well they get poached or become unhappy when a midtable team bids for them and start playing crap. I also struggle to actually attract players to the club, if someone else bids on a player the player will join them, sometimes it just seems like players want to play for anyone but me.

Squad - Keeper Nicky Quinton impressed this season and may have taken the #1 jersey from Woods, elsewhere it was disappointing - left winger Kekic had an awful season and was sold to Hull at the end of the season, Maltese left back Julian Gregory stepped up and seemlessly replaced departed left back Sali, even scoring direct from a corner.

Seasonal Best XI - About right, no changes to overall best XI this season.

Snapshot - we finally made it past the second round of the Carling Cup, beating Bradford and Rushden before losing to Spurs. In the FA Cup we needed an extra time goal from Forsyth in the replay to beat Swansea, before losing to Wolves.

Manager Profile - Loyalty goes up after I was linked to a few jobs - including the Arsenal one, that eventually went to Frank Lampard, who it appears did his best to get them relagated and was replaced with Sol Campbell after just 3 months.

Club Info - With our ground being expanded upto 36K Capacity next season, only Sheff Wed and Man Utd have bigger grounds than us, board still won't build a youth academy though. We also end the season as the 19th richest club in England and 73rd in the World.

I also finally got not just one but three new feeder clubs this season - Bulgarian Team Svilengrad for Work Permits, (who seem to have tiny bits of knowledge of random countries), Italian Serie C2/B Side Gubbio and Mogas 90 from Benin, Africa.

Are we allowed to sign players from our feeder clubs without having to scout/trial them? - Whilst the board let me have an African Feeder club they won't let me scout Africa, and as they need work permits I cannot trial them either. I also miss being able to see other clubs knowledge.

Youth Player Project

Every year we get a new batch of youth players, and the Ass Man singles out the best one of them. (I'm assuming they have the best P.A of the group.)

My aim is to take this player, give them some first team football, and track their career, be it at Real London, or should they move on. Each season I will add a new player to the reports, (naturally) and just think it could be fun, interesting and informative of what happens with them.

Player 1

John Adam, AM/F C

Just a little update on John Adam's progress so far this season

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Apps | Gls | MoM | Av R

6(4) | 5 | 2 | 7.00</pre>

Not bad from the young lad. He got forced into 2 starts, due to an injury, and scored 3 goals over the 2 games (2/1) - which I was delighted about, as one of them was a 35 yard free kick, earning him 3rd place in GOTM. \0/

I'm not entirely convinced about his stats, but physically, he's not bad - and allows his a lot of chances.

Originally, when "born" - he was rated CA/PA */** by every coach and scout, since them, 2 coach reports have turned into */*** - and one scout has **/***

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Great update mate icon14.gif

Unlucky on not getting promoted again. icon_frown.gif

(Good lord, I hope I'm not still in the lower leagues in 21/22..!!)

He has always done quality updates icon14.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, it's a shame my players don't put as much effort into the matches icon_frown.gif

michaeltmurrayuk, whilst your updates are great, they aren't filling me with much hope. Having exactly the same issues with regards to losing players and not being able to match the top teams in the Championship.

Only differences are that I have a stadium 1/2 your size, probably 1/5 the bank balance (at best) and worse youth facilities.

Where's the hope for me? icon_confused.gificon_razz.gif

Morning Dafuge

I have decided to take up your challenge, I am AFC Wimbledon, forgot to take screenie on 19/06/08 instead on 23/06/08 hope this is ok, this appears to be a tough challenge I will give it my best shot.S selected, a large database (or smallerIt should look like this.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

Add yourself as an unemployed manager, the details are not important at all. I like to call mine 'Holiday Man'.

Go on holiday until 19th June, this shouldn't take that long, perhaps about an hour. Saving on 18th June may give you a better choice of teams by reloading the game then going on holiday for one day, I would strongly recommend trying this.

Retire your 'Holiday Man' manager, it's always a sad moment, a bit like when the farmer says 'that'll do pig, that'll do' at the end of Babe.

Add a new manager, the options are up to you but 'past experience' must be set to the lowest possible which is 'Sunday league footballer'. I understand that choosing different nationalities may have an effect later on, but I trust people will be sensible with this. I would expect people to use their own true nationalities.

Take over one of the new clubs promoted to the Blue Square North or South, they should appear in this list which also shows the reputation of the possible clubs. The reputation should act as a difficulty level, the lower the reputation, the harder your game should be. Everybody knows that real men manage a club with a reputation less than 1000 http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif' alt='icon_wink.gif'>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Isthmian Premier

AFC Hornchurch 900

AFC Wimbledon 1350

Ashford Town (Middx) 650

Billericay Town 1100

Boreham Wood 950

Carshalton Athletic 900

Chelmsford City 1250

East Thurrock United 600

Folkestone Invicta 700

Harlow Town 600

Harrow Borough 750

Hastings United 600

Hendon 900

Heybridge Swifts 850

Horsham 800

Leyton 700

Maidstone United 800

Margate 1100

Ramsgate 850

Staines Town 800

Tonbridge Angels 850

Wealdstone 700

Northern Premier

Ashton United 750

Buxton 850

Eastwood Town 850

Fleetwood Town 1000

Frickley Athletic 850

Gateshead 1200

Guiseley 1200

Hednesford Town 1300

Ilkeston Town 1050

Kendal Town 900

Leek Town 900

Lincoln United 850

Marine 1250

Matlock Town 1150

North Ferriby United 950

Ossett Town 900

Prescot Cables 1000

Stamford 1000

Whitby Town 1100

Witton Albion 1250

Worksop Town 1200

Southern Premier

Banbury United 800

Bashley 600

Bedford Town 1000

Brackley Town 400

Bromsgrove Rovers 700

Cheshunt 600

Chippenham Town 900

Cirencester Town 750

Clevedon Town 750

Corby Town 650

Gloucester City 800

Halesowen Town 900

Hemel Hempstead Town 800

Hitchin Town 1000

King's Lynn 1100

Mangotsfield United 850

Merthyr Tydfil 1100

Rugby Town 600

Swindon Supermarine 450

Team Bath 552

Tiverton Town 1000

Yate Town 650

</pre>

It is now up to you to manage this club all the way to the Premier League title and UEFA Champions League crown.

You may not move clubs unless you are sacked.

If you get sacked, you can either take over a newly promoted club that satisfies the original criteria (check the club's league history), or just start again.

Any form of international management is not allowed, until you have completed the challenge.

There are no restrictions on assigning feeder/parent clubs.

To sign a player, you must be able to scout them, this doesn't mean you have to, just he must be accessible to your scouts. If you have a foreign player on a free transfer who is willing to come on trial, you do not need to be able to scout them.

No external utilities such as FMScout should be used and the database should be unedited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

Rules for this Thread

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged.

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile on the 19th June Like this .

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread, we want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including at least a screenshot of a league table and the clubs transfer page. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier to pick out.

The Website

Thanks to Allan our webmaster, we have our very own website: http://www.dafugeschallenge.com/

When taking part in the challenge you can register with the site which tracks your progress throughout the challenge. If you do not sign up to the website, your name will not appear on the list which I will regularly post in this thread.

How to Post a Screenshot

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

<LI> Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

<LI> Save the file as a JPEG

<LI> Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

<LI> Post the direct Url to the image here.

Best of luck icon14.gif

Originally posted by ejthegreat:

michaeltmurrayuk, whilst your updates are great, they aren't filling me with much hope. Having exactly the same issues with regards to losing players and not being able to match the top teams in the Championship.

Only differences are that I have a stadium 1/2 your size, probably 1/5 the bank balance (at best) and worse youth facilities.

You'll probarbly gain automatic promotion in your first season. icon_razz.gif

The Championship seems to depand on the luck of who comes down - rather confusing is the fact that the likes of Bolton, Brighton and Everton are able to spend £5m-£10m on several players a season (mainly mine), whilst Man Utd, Aston Villa and Blackburn went bankrupt, with Villa and Blackburn getting relagated to League One.

This season may be my chance - the league looks weaker, and I managed to get most of the moaning players transfers to go through at the end of the season.

Originally posted by butts:

Just managed to get this transfer fee for someone not even in my starting 11. Did have alot of potential but couldn't turn down that amount of money in the BSS.

Good work! I sold Lee Millichip for £75k to Weston-super-Mare. He'd had a good season the season before but that season was truly dire, and there were two star strikers holding up the team, so I was happy to accept.

AFC Hornchurh - League Two - Season 13/14

This was the season when i was expecting to get promoted after last years playoff defeat, so when i was sitting mid table after losing 3 of my first 4 away games it looked as though my dodgy away form would ruin the promotion hopes for another year.

A quick change of formation to a 451/433 and my form picked up home and away, at one point i won 17 straight home games until Crewe won with their only shot on goal. That result did'nt make much difference in the end as having the best attack and defence in the league meant that i won the league by a big margin.

This season saw a change of tactic from a 442 to a 433 attacking which seemed to help the defence more than the attack even though only the centrebacks are set to a defensive mentality.

The squad is mainly made up of British players with a couple of Czech's thrown in from player recommendations and of coure 4 or 5 Islanders with dual nationalities.

Goalkeeper - Became my first choice because of injuries and never lost his place due to a string of solid performances.

Rightback - Donaghy was bought for about 20k from Coleraine and now i'm rejecting bids of 300k. Very good at getting forward and intercepting passes.

Leftback - Decent enough for this league. Signed for free from Middlesbrough.

Centreback - Another free transfer, nothing special.

Centreback - Excellent performer all season, one of the main reasons i was promoted.

Right Central Midfield - Kevin Rodgers, another good season even though he was nowhere near his usual standard, more of a team player this year with 10+ key passes in a number of games.

Central Midfield - Played in a defensive role this season and seemed to play better because of it. Probably going to leave soon with Everton interested.

Left Central Midfield - An outstanding debut season from Finlayson, he takes all set pieces, is the vice captain and he still wants to move to a bigger club.

Right Winger - Probably my best player on potential as Liverpool and Arsenal are chasing him, very strong on either foot but won't resign so i'll sell him in January.

Left Winger - Signed on a player recommendation from Banik Ostrava he played quite well and is another that wants to leave.

Superstar Striker - Amazing season from Ward, he broke quite a few records that i doubt any other player will break including Goals' Man of the Match and Average rating. He also scored 9 hat-tricks including a double hat-trick to break the most goals in a match record. Suprisingly is still happy to stay despite Premier interest.

Next season i'm hoping just to stay up as i have a New Stadium on the way. It is a 7500 all seater compared to 3000 now, it costs 4.2 milllion with me paying 45k per month until 2029 so i'm a bit short on cash at the moment.

Youth Player Project

Every year we get a new batch of youth players, and the Ass Man singles out the best one of them. (I'm assuming they have the best P.A of the group.)

My aim is to take this player, give them some first team football, and track their career, be it at Real London, or should they move on. Each season I will add a new player to the reports, (naturally) and just think it could be fun, interesting and informative of what happens with them.

Player 1

John Adam, AM/F C

Mid-Season Update

Apps | Gls | MoM | Av R

13(7)| 12 | 5 | 7.25</pre>

I'm overly impressed from the lad. He's covered again due to injuries, and hit a hat-trick against 2nd place in the league, securing a vital 3-1 win.! Every Coach, and 1 scout now rate him at 4* for potential, and one scout even rates him 5* potential.!

Since he his still 16, his attributes haven't improved much, but when he gets a Full Time professional contract, I'm hoping they shoot up icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

Just noticed that Blackburn's Manager is a regen called Stacy Cain icon_biggrin.gif

Name probably comes from the ex Charlton reserve player Stacy Long, unless there are other Stacy's in the game? Good really to see uncommon names used in the game.

Originally posted by Scoham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

Just noticed that Blackburn's Manager is a regen called Stacy Cain icon_biggrin.gif

Name probably comes from the ex Charlton reserve player Stacy Long, unless there are other Stacy's in the game? Good really to see uncommon names used in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's only one other Stacy in my game at the moment - an unattached regen striker.

According to the editor there are 5 players called Stacy - an Aldershot defender, French youngster, two unattched players, and Stacy Long at Ebbsfleet.

Cannot find any data for the UK, but in America it was a fairly popular in the 1960's-80's (Top 400), but seems to have died out by 1993.

Originally posted by canvey!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by butts:

Just managed to get this transfer fee for someone not even in my starting 11. Did have alot of potential but couldn't turn down that amount of money in the BSS.

Good work! I sold Lee Millichip for £75k to Weston-super-Mare. He'd had a good season the season before but that season was truly dire, and there were two star strikers holding up the team, so I was happy to accept. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what was weird about this one he had only played 9 times and scored twice for the club yet he was worth 170kicon_biggrin.gif.

I've managed to survive this seasons Transfer Windows with just the loss of 5 players leaving due to them wanting to discuss terms, though I do have another six players who's transfers I managed to delay until the end of the season - that and loaning players out are the only ways I've found to reduce the offers you get icon_frown.gif

It doesn't help that my Chairman accepted two of the offers from rival Championship teams - he let Luxembourg Striker Engel go to Coventry for £5m and no addons after he'd broken into my first team and he decided to accept Bolton's £10m bid for Italian Winger Capecchi, luckily I was negoatigating with them and got it to go through at the end of the season, before the chairman took over (Since when did Championship Sides start spending £10m on players rated under £500K??)

I may add up how many of my ex-players are now playing for other Championship sides. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the players don't seem that loyal in FM2008 - most of the players I've sold have ended up being sold on after 1 or 2 seasons at their new club.

Work Permits are annoying me more at the moment - an uncapped Serbian player managed to get a work permit, but a Peru guy with 19 caps doesn't, and neither did two promising fully capped (alright only a handful) Russians icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ejthegreat:

You'll probarbly gain automatic promotion in your first season. icon_razz.gif

The Championship seems to depand on the luck of who comes down - rather confusing is the fact that the likes of Bolton, Brighton and Everton are able to spend £5m-£10m on several players a season (mainly mine), whilst Man Utd, Aston Villa and Blackburn went bankrupt, with Villa and Blackburn getting relagated to League One.

This season may be my chance - the league looks weaker, and I managed to get most of the moaning players transfers to go through at the end of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck getting through this season.

This is my 5th season in the Championship so it's a little late for me to gain automatic promotion in my first season icon_wink.gif

Like you, i've managed to hold off transfers etc although I've got some upset players. Also had a work permit problem. Signed a brazilian kid my scouts found and he got a permit on appeal. Now his contract runs out at the end of this year and I can't get a permit for a new contract.

Only Watford so far has gone bankrupt on mine, a few more and I'd be a real chance icon_biggrin.gif

Roy Keane took over Chelsea and won the league instantly (2012 i am). Still chelsea, man utd, arsenal and liverpool are doing well and not close to relegation like in your leagues. Strange thing tho is that Wolves became 2nd last year and this year 5th... Wolves that good? icon_biggrin.gif

Real London Update - Season 2 (2009/2010)

To begin....

Ton Up for NepentheZ - In very quick fashion, NepentheZ reaches his 100th game for Real London. The game was the 1st leg of the Play-Off Semi-Final v Bromley, and a very respectable 2-2 was achieved.

BSS Prediction - 3rd

BSS Posistion - 3rd

F.A Cup - 4th Qual. Round

F.A Trophy - 2nd Round

Setanta Shield - 4th Round

Blue Square South - Graph | Table

A very impressive 3rd place from Real London, despite the media predicting such a position. I was around 4th - 8th pretty much the whole season, but an easy run in, which saw me play 4 home games out of 6 left, all against relegation battlers, allowed us to steal 3rd place on the last day of the season, and but for a few goals difference, it could have been second. My squad has really come on this year, but winning the league was never going to happen, due to (for the second year running) the relegated BSP team dominating. Next year, I aim to challenge for the title.

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Remarkably, Youth Project 1 (John Adams) - has been inducted into the Season's best ELEVEN, but also is in the starting line up for the OVERALL best eleven.!

Other Info

Finances

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Team Info

Team Selection

Player Records

Team Records

Transfers

Again, a lot of players released on free's, and due to the board not giving me any funds, free transfer signings are all I can go by. icon_frown.gif

Players of the Season

R. Charles - Despite the natural striker playing Right Midfield for most of the season, he still managed to knock in 19 goals. A great season.

Youth Project 1 - I can't believe I'm putting him here. I expected him to be a fringe player, but due to lack of forwards, and a lot of injuries, he ended up becoming a first team regular, and earned his place. An impressive 21 goals from the 16 year old.

Season Summary

Disappointed the board again this season, by not trying to "achieve promotion", despite being in the play-off spots for most of the season. Excelled in 2 cups, but let them down again in the F.A Cup, getting knocked out by a "Grey Team" for the second year running.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 6th place

Season 2 - Blue Square South - 3rd place

Play Off Heartbreak

In the first leg, Real London were away from home, and scored a late equalizer in the dying minutes, to take a 2-2 draw, and arguably make them favorites to progress. However,

Real London 2-3 Bromley

a 3-2 defeat, in which Real London missed an early penalty, saw Bromley go through. 3-0 with ten minutes to go, Real London managed to pull 2 goals back in the last 2 minutes, but it was never going to be enough. Bromley went all the way, and got Promoted to the BSP, which made me very happy, as in the 6 meetings so far between the 2 clubs, I've never managed to beat them.!

*Real London were formally AFC Wimbledon

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Youth Player Project

Player 1

John Adam, AM/F C

End of Season Update

Apps | Gls | MoM | Av R

35(9)| 21 | 5 | 7.16</pre>

A brilliant season.! I'm so impressed with him scoring 21 goals, that he might just start the season as first choice.!

Player 2

Mathew McManus

Doesn't have great stats in any area, so I can't imagine I'll be giving him too many opportunities, but will track his career regardless.!

Butts - AFC Wimbledon blue square south 08-09

Well it was an eventful season with some ridiculously high scoring games the most notable of which was a 6-3 victory and a 5-5 draw. We also won 5-0, 6-0 and 7-1 at different points in the season. We were always around the playoffs but didn't secure our place in them until the final day although to go out of them by then we would of needed to lose 35-0 if cambridge won 1-0. The 5th place finish didn't impress me at all though as it meant we would have to play Crawley who topped the table most of the season and really deserved to win it. However after the playoffs i was left wondering why we couldn't have played like that all season.

Playoff semi-final first leg

Playoff semi-final second leg

Playoff Final

League Table

Positions Graph

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

Personally, I think that's an excellent idea, perhaps I might follow suit.

Are you talking about Dafs Challenge, or my youth Project>? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your youth project - I should have been more clear. But if you'd been paying attention you'd know I'm already 5 seasons into the Challenge icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by canvey!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

Personally, I think that's an excellent idea, perhaps I might follow suit.

Are you talking about Dafs Challenge, or my youth Project>? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your youth project - I should have been more clear. But if you'd been paying attention you'd know I'm already 5 seasons into the Challenge icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gimme a break, I only started this a few days ago icon_biggrin.gif (Although I'm now well into season 3 icon14.gif )

Youth Player Project

Player 1

John Adam, AM/F C

Season | Apps | Gls | MoM | Av R

1 | 35(9)| 21 | 5 | 7.16

2 | 3(2)| 4 | 2 | 7.40</pre>

5 games in to the new season, and I just can't NOT play him. I bought him on as sub, twice, for him to score on both occasions, (despite 1 being 5 minutes from time), and in the three starts he's made, hes scored 2 more. We've won all 5 games so far this season, largely down to this kid.

Player 2

Mathew McManus

1 | 0(5) | 2 | 0 | 6.60

</pre>

Scoring on his debut made me kind of regret saying that he won't play much of a part for me this season. I thought I'd give him a try, and have only bought him on when the games have been all but won. He's only played roughly 30 minutes combined football over the 5 games, but still managed to knock in 2 goals. I'm overly impressed, yet again.

Hopefully, if my boys carry on knocking them in, I can sell them on for a fee not worthy of their attributes. Player 1 however, does seem to be excelling in the technical side, and might just have a future at the club, so long as we are in the lower leagues. icon14.gif

Youth Player Project

Player 1

John Adam, AM/F C

1 | 35(9)| 21 | 5 | 7.16

2 | 3(2)| 4 | 2 | 7.40</pre>

5 games in to the new season, and I just can't NOT play him. I bought him on as sub, twice, for him to score on both occasions, (despite 1 being 5 minutes from time), and in the three starts he's made, hes scored 2 more. We've won all 5 games so far this season, largely down to this kid.

Player 2

Mathew McManus

1 | 0(5) | 2 | 0 | 6.60

</pre>

Scoring on his debut made me kind of regret saying that he won't play much of a part for me this season. I thought I'd give him a try, and have only bought him on when the games have been all but won. He's only played roughly 30 minutes combined football over the 5 games, but still managed to knock in 2 goals. I'm overly impressed, yet again.

Hopefully, if my boys carry on knocking them in, I can sell them on for a fee not worthy of their attributes. Player 1 however, does seem to be excelling in the technical side, and might just have a future at the club, so long as we are in the lower leagues. icon14.gif

Any chance of a screenshot to see how John Adam has progressed?

Archived