dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Guest darrenkahan

Hi, i know this is probably the wrong place to ask, and im guessing a million overs have asked elsewhere, but how do i get the screenshot online? im holidaying now and i wanna start up, even tho im about a year late....

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by darrenkahan:

Hi, i know this is probably the wrong place to ask, and im guessing a million overs have asked elsewhere, but how do i get the screenshot online? im holidaying now and i wanna start up, even tho im about a year late....

Is explained on page 1 I think

Was having a look in the LLM forum to see if anyone was having any interesting games, noticed this post...

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5421921...152083963#4152083963

Swindon Supermarine, who start with a rep of just 450, the lowest in any of the 3 feeder leagues, finally got promoted to the Blue Square South after over 30 seasons icon_biggrin.gif

So if anyone wants to play as one of the really small clubs, it might be possible, but it'll take a long time. By then the football world could be very different.

Hitchin Town end of season 09/10

What started as a pretty average season turned into an almost disastrous one with some terrible form in the second half, the need to strengthen the defence and midfield in all positions for next season is obvious. In the end Hitchin only stayed up because of goal difference, Macclesfield almost overtaking in the end.

Table

Best player - Fred Sears

AFC Wimbledon 2011/12 League Two Season Summary

First league win!!!

Table

Graph

Only slightly threatened by arch rivals MK Dons, a horrible cup run allowed for a less hectic schedule and less injuries.

Squad

Loanee Currie was sent from parent club and Howe was used as back-up for injury prone Sullivan.

Simpson and Sunu were first choice up front for much of the season, especially Sunu who played all games bar the last one after getting injured in penultimate game.

Sunu

A total of 61 goals, 19 assists and 18 MoM's in 45 league games and a 7.98 ave.

Hall

Hall continues to dominate the left wing, having now played 194 games in total for the club. 14 assists at and average of 7.55 through his 40 games, an outstanding performance.

Transfers

Confidence Summary

Finances

Finances are the biggest current concern due to slowly leaking money throughout the season. Selling players is nearly becoming a necessity, however, only Hall is getting sizeable bids (£250k)and I have no intention of letting him go.

Current Profile

Now known Nationally which should hopefully help with recruitment.

Need to get rid of back-up/squad players to clear some wage room. Looking for a solid League One season and will focus on cups in the next season if it doesn't look like a relegation scrap.

Originally posted by ejthegreat:

First league win!!!

Impressive season congrats!

Hopefully Sunu comes back on loan again for you next year.

Finances are the biggest current concern due to slowly leaking money throughout the season. Selling players is nearly becoming a necessity, however, only Hall is getting sizeable bids (£250k)and I have no intention of letting him go.

What is your current wage bill at now?

Originally posted by Aario:

Dafuge - I know this isn't the correct place to ask this so sorry - please let me (and the rest of the guys) know if you would prefer such requests to be kept off here icon14.gif

Anyway, do any of you here know anything about creating skins? I am using one I have downloaded and I have modified a few things, font sizes and colours etc but I really want to change to colour of the player ratings and condition displayed during a match. Does anyone know which part of which file I need to change??

That's something I've never tried so I can't really help you there.

(I don't mind questions like this in here)

Originally posted by xx2olegendxx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ejthegreat:

First league win!!!

Impressive season congrats!

Hopefully Sunu comes back on loan again for you next year.

What is your current wage bill at now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope he does too but I'll expect him not to and if he does it's a bonus.

Cuurent wage budget and current wage total are both aroung the £25k/week mark. Average squad age is 21 so it's more about trimming the squad down than getting cheaper players.

AFC Wimbledon 2011/12 League Two Season Summary

Finances

Squad bonus payments have taken back account down to £18k...lol icon_frown.gif and that's after the £70k prizemoney for League Two.

Also, forgot before but we didn't have a single TV game all season which sucked.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Im gonna take a break from FM. Mostly because i am moving, and i have a lot of work these days..

But ill be back icon_smile.gif

I will keep on watching this thread as well, GL to all of you..

icon14.gif

It's been good reading your story icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye it has - hope to see you back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thx you guys..

ill be back in a month or so.. hopefully i would have figured out whether to stick with boreham or try my luck with another club.

Sometimes i just get tired of the game.. it happened in 06 and 07 as well.. one months break makes it fun again.. you see your squad in another way icon_smile.gif

Finally got in to FM, and decided to start with Guiseley, last year I played with them first before they got relegated.

First off I signed a whooping 29 players, spending 100% of my budget of 0. I set my pitch dimensions to minimum, but im not sure that was wise, as an attack is never far away. But Im doing ok so far, with 2 wins and a loss in the league. With only five players over 20 my average age is 19.

Just got my first job offer, completely out of the blue.

Sheffield Wednesday, who are offering £1900/w salary with £250k budget and £95k/w wages.

AFC Wimbledon offer £700/w wages with £90k budget and £46k wages.

Also, I'd be taking over from Graham Arnold, who until recently was the national (Australian) manager.

So it's tempting but I know I can't. icon_wink.gif

Just got my first job offer, completely out of the blue.

Sheffield Wednesday, who are offering £1900/w salary with £250k budget and £95k/w wages.

AFC Wimbledon offer £700/w wages with £90k budget and £46k wages.

Also, I'd be taking over from Graham Arnold, who until recently was the national (Australian) manager.

So it's tempting but I know I can't. icon_wink.gif

Ive been offered some quite tempting jobs in my career so far. Wigan recently, but Leeds and Nottm Forest when i was merely a League 2 side. Im also mentioned nearly every time a job is insecure lol

Tiverton - 1st season in Premier

Wow, that was tough! I resorted to 5 at the back for most of the season, trying to scrap out draws away and maybe clinch a sneaky 1-0 at home. By January, we were struggling in the league, sitting 19th. But we found some form, beating Man Utd 4-1 in the process and managed to avoid relegation finishing 16th.

We reached the League Cup Final after a quite easy run to Wembley. We had to face the mighty Gunners. And we were 1-0 up early on, but a controversial penalty that lead to me receiving a touchline ban after the match, and a well worked Arsenal goal meant we lost 2-1.

After the season, the club was able to clear all its debts and for a while we were 7th richest club in England. But the Board announced a new stadium was to be built, and our finances dropped to a lesser, but still secure 12 million.

Next season im actually quite optimistic about. Stevie Naismith and Balde coming in up top, and some strong defenders already on their way means our squad should be quite strong. But then again, compare the squad to Liverpools and i can see how exposed i can get. We'll have to wait and see

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

Dafuge - I know this isn't the correct place to ask this so sorry - please let me (and the rest of the guys) know if you would prefer such requests to be kept off here icon14.gif

Anyway, do any of you here know anything about creating skins? I am using one I have downloaded and I have modified a few things, font sizes and colours etc but I really want to change to colour of the player ratings and condition displayed during a match. Does anyone know which part of which file I need to change??

That's something I've never tried so I can't really help you there.

(I don't mind questions like this in here) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for replying icon14.gif

Anyone else know anything about editing skins?

How are other people in the higher leagues getting on with fielding weakened teams in the cups?

I just put out a team of squad players, all of which were Premier League standard, and got knocked out of the FA Cup by L1 Exeter.

Not there myself yet (or anywhere near!) but have seen quite a few L1 teams beat Prem teams - have not looked to see what standard the Prem teams were though.

As judged by the results of the squad players from Blackburn, Everton and Bolton recently seems about right icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

How are other people in the higher leagues getting on with fielding weakened teams in the cups?

I just put out a team of squad players, all of which were Premier League standard, and got knocked out of the FA Cup by L1 Exeter.

Not there myself yet (or anywhere near!) but have seen quite a few L1 teams beat Prem teams - have not looked to see what standard the Prem teams were though.

As judged by the results of the squad players from Blackburn, Everton and Bolton recently seems about right icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I played a weakened side against BSP side York. Comfortably won 2-0, but i have yet to play a L1 side since being promoted

Going great so far, sitting 2nd after 13 games. Only 1 home defeat in the league a 5-4 thriller and I had a goal wrongly disallowed at 3-2 up. I went crashing out of the FA cup with a 5-1 home loss to non-league Burscough.

Playing through has reminded me of some players from last year, namely Luke Boden who I signed when I got to the premiership last time and he won player of the year and kept me up in only 20 games. Might try and sign him on loan when his current deal expires.

Boden

My top scorer is Dax Hoggerwerf, who since starting with 6 games without a goal has been banging them in. The fans at one point rated him as poor, but now hes up to revelation.

Dax

Tonbridge Angels - Season 1 - Blue Square South - 2010/11

We finished 14th after bringing in a whole squad, most of them being 19/20 years old.

Was only halfway through the season last night, ended up finishing the whole season icon_biggrin.gif

Went on a terrible run, didn't win in ages, and looked like the challenge could be over right at the start if it carried on and got relegated.

Throughout the season switched between 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1, and on our decent run (a lot of draws, a few victories) at the end of the season we played a more defensive 4-4-2, more direct, counter attack, into the channels.

It worked quite well and with so many teams around us on a similar amount of points we finished 14th.

Final league table

Past positions

Squad

Transfers

Star striker

Season 2020/21 Review - Prescot Cables in the Premier League

Last year saw a disappointing 12th place finish, which I thought might put my job under pressure. Luckily the board stuck by me and I was determined to bounce back and repay their faith in me.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Great season, came close to challenging for the title but just didn't have quite enough quality to rival Arsenal.

Squad

Transfers

Wasted a lot on money on some promising looking youngsters, only time will tell whether it was worth it. Di Giorgio was an inspired signing, bought for £100k (he was worth £7k), he is now worth £6m.

Star Player

Getting a bit boring now isn't it?

I let the assistant play the friendlies, didn't realise they had Leyton Orient (parent club) last, they were thrashed 6-0 so the squad started with very poor morale.

So we then lost the first 3 games of the season icon_frown.gif

Tiverton Town - 12/13 League 2 - Season review

Our most pleasing season by a long way, everything seemed to click from the start. The only new arrival over the summer was 24 year old midfielder Scott Davies released by Reading. There were several attempts to sign a new Striker but we seemed to be losing out every time to lower league teams with higher reputations.

The season started well for us with a surprising 4-1 win over a strong Motherwell team in our first friendly which gave me faith in my current squad. A year older and with last years experiance of a playoff final defeat we set off looking like we had a point to prove. Sticking with the 4-3-2-1 formation which had served us so well in the later stages of the previous campaign we hit the front running winning our first 11 league games.

After our storming start to the season form did drop slightly but one strenghs of the current squad is the determination. Never knowing when we are beaten time and time again we came from behind to snatch points in the closing stages. It seemed every time I resigned myself to accepting our first league defeat of the season someone would stand up and drag the team forward. There was no superstar player or anybody carrying the team on their own we were finding match winners from all over the park. One particular game which stands out was a 2-1 win at home to Wrexham. Trailing 0-1, down to 9 men and having used all 3 substitutes, we then suffered more with the loss of our keeper woods to injury. CB Gill was given the gloves and with 20 mins still to play I would have taken the 0-1 right there and then. My team however had other ideas and a 75th min leveller from Brierley and an 85th min winner from Kizzy saw us taking all 3 points against the odds.

Having won the U18's Group 6 title the previous year and heading into the new year with a healthy lead I used the opportunity to start to introduce some of the better prospects from that level. Never throwing too many in at once all that were called upon seemed to make the step up without trouble and looked comfortable for the most part.

Our first defeat of the league season came in Febuary but by that point it had little baring on the title race. We did suffer 2 more defeats in the league but both were in games in the final weeks when there were teams sent out made up mostly of youth and reserve players.

We beat last seasons record of 17 league goals from corners, scoring a healthy 22 in the end. The new crop of youngsters again took the U18's Group 6 title and the old team went on to win the Reserves Group 4 title. The squad really is looking healthy.

In the cup competitions it was another decent year. The League cup saw us overcome a strong Fulham(Championship) side with a penalty shoot out after a 1-1 draw in the first round before being soundly beaten 6-1 to Premier League Sunderland.

In the FA Cup we are again saw our best run of the 3 competitions mostly down to a lucky draw:

First Round: Vs Stockport H 5-2

Second Round: Vs Dag & Red A 1-0

Third Round: Vs N Forrest A 4-2

Fourth Round: Vs Kidderminster H 2-2 A 1-1 3-2PK's

Fith Round: Vs Man City A 1-5

Table

Graph

Squad

Finances

Is a hard call to pick any individual players out as all made good contributions through the season. I was particularly pleased with Dave Edwards signed as a good prospect back in season 2 he is showing the potential now and has even won a call up to the England U19 Squad. Andrew Harris was probably the pick of the senior players but not by any great distance.

So finances are looking good thanks to our cup run and I am confident in the ability of the current squad to survive next season in League 1. The fact I have gone 2 seasons without bringing anybody in on loan gives me hope that I have a team in the making and cant wait to get the new season under way.

Unless I find anybody too good to refuse over the summer I will be sticking with my team again and the only new arrivals will be to replace those moving up from the current U18 squad.

Wow icon_eek.gif

I wasn't expecting this so soon.

Has no mention of Capacity but anything would be better than the 3500 we are stuck at now.

Just checked on the info screen, 8713 icon_confused.gif

Will barely cover the repayments of 50K/month. I am a little unsure if this could be a bad call by the board. would rather have had improvements to training and youth facilitys but being greedy I am off to ask for those now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx2olegendxx:

Wow icon_eek.gif

I wasn't expecting this so soon.

Has no mention of Capacity but anything would be better than the 3500 we are stuck at now.

Just checked on the info screen, 8713 icon_confused.gif

Will barely cover the repayments of 50K/month. I am a little unsure if this could be a bad call by the board. would rather have had improvements to training and youth facilitys but being greedy I am off to ask for those now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats on dominating League Two and the great cup run.

As for getting enough money, no way of knowing for sure but personally still being with the original 4500 I was worried about generating enough income, especially since last season we slowly lost money.

Well it seems they've jacked up the prices because a full house is generating about twice what it did in League Two. Hopefully it'll be the same with you and you'll make money and be able to expand over time. icon14.gif

As for getting enough money, no way of knowing for sure but personally still being with the original 4500 I was worried about generating enough income, especially since last season we slowly lost money.

Well it seems they've jacked up the prices because a full house is generating about twice what it did in League Two. Hopefully it'll be the same with you and you'll make money and be able to expand over time. icon14.gif

I hope thats the case or I could be in trouble. I have a transfer kitty of 450K and I am 6k below my wage budget. Still in pre season so its hard to be sure but I am losing 200k a month at the moment with 1M in the bank.

Will be sure not to spend anything I have my squad for the season in place but can still see us going into the red and I am sure it will be me taking the blame if we do. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ejthegreat:

I hope thats the case or I could be in trouble. I have a transfer kitty of 450K and I am 6k below my wage budget. Still in pre season so its hard to be sure but I am losing 200k a month at the moment with 1M in the bank.

Will be sure not to spend anything I have my squad for the season in place but can still see us going into the red and I am sure it will be me taking the blame if we do. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry, you definately will be taking the blame just like I am at the moment! losing £700k a month due to the stadium loan and the board are breathing down my neck as we approach being over £2m in debt icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by José Pandinho:

Don't worry, you definately will be taking the blame just like I am at the moment! losing £700k a month due to the stadium loan and the board are breathing down my neck as we approach being over £2m in debt icon_frown.gif

I will give you 50k for Sunu icon_wink.gif

Seasoned Alcoholic

Halesowen Town 08/09

BSN

End of season review

Done it again at the first attempt! Yep, we're now in the Blue Square Premier after a strong debut season has led to promotion from the Blue Square North. Struggled to find time recently to keep the game running, but returned to old skool ways last night as I did half a season in a few hours, proper sess icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

Table

Finances

Transfers

Staff

After paying out a normal league win bonus of £100k, the finances are now in the red, but hopefully with increased attendences next season in the BSP we should be OK. Just depends on whether a transfer budget will be available, but if not, I'll bring more loan players in to do the business.

Additionally, the club was eventually taken over mid-season by a fans' consortium, headed by John Simpson. No extra capital was put in at that stage, but hopefully now that the club is in the red, some extra investment will be raised to ease the current financial pressure.

Our season was forged by the loan captures of Reis Ashraf, Jack Compton, Alex Cisak, Liam Robinson and Ed Upson. A brief league summary:-

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Ashraf: Apps 44, Gls 37, Asts 9, MoM 12, Av Rat 7.50

<LI>Compton: Apps 38, Gls 7, Asts 22, MoM 6, Av Rat 7.58

<LI>Cisak: Apps 38, Conc 44, Cln 8, MoM 8, Av Rat 6.95

<LI>Robinson: Apps 38, Gls 0, Asts 6, MoM 0, Av Rat 7.13

<LI>Upson: Apps 43, Gls 4, Asts 4, MoM 2, Av Rat 7.28

We attained promotion through the scenic route of the playoffs, although tbf we were up there all season, ranging from 1st to 7th. We did drop out of the playoffs towards the end of the season thanks to a string of defeats in a row, but during the last handful we were defeintiely the form team going into the playoffs.

Bizarely, Mansfield offered Barry Hayles to us, just before the playoffs got underway. After receiving a 'nothing special' scout report, and then signing him up for a season (£400 p/w icon_eek.gif) , he had a rather quiet debut in the Playoff first leg (Home):

BSN Semi-Final Playoff Leg 1

icon_biggrin.gif Leigh did have a go as expected in the 2nd leg, but we just had too much for them tbh:

BSN Semi-Final Playoff Leg 2

Through to the final with an 8-4 aggregate victory in the semi-finals, Hinckley were the opponents:

BSN Playoff Final

Depending on how the financial situation is lying at the start of next season, I will almost certainly need to strengthen the squad with more quality. According to ass man, our defence is the weak point, and tbh he's hit the nail right on the head, the defence just isn't upto scratch. Will try and add some more quality loan players if signings are hard to come by, which reminds me, I need to cancel my current Affiliates; at present Kidderminster are the parent club, and Evesham are the feeder club.

Season 2020/21 Review - Prescot Cables in the Premier League

Last year saw a disappointing 12th place finish, which I thought might put my job under pressure. Luckily the board stuck by me and I was determined to bounce back and repay their faith in me.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Great season, came close to challenging for the title but just didn't have quite enough quality to rival Arsenal.

Squad

Transfers

Wasted a lot on money on some promising looking youngsters, only time will tell whether it was worth it. Di Giorgio was an inspired signing, bought for £100k (he was worth £7k), he is now worth £6m.

Star Player

Getting a bit boring now isn't it?

whats Brian's history like now? He's scored alot of goals.

Its been a while since I visited the forums but fancied a new challenge and enjoyed the original dafuge, so here we go. After much reloading Maidstone Utd managed to get promoted so let the men from Kent start the journey to the San Sirodafuge1kh1.th.jpg]Manager Start screen[/url]

Originally posted by Scoham:

I let the assistant play the friendlies, didn't realise they had Leyton Orient (parent club) last, they were thrashed 6-0 so the squad started with very poor morale.

So we then lost the first 3 games of the season icon_frown.gif

Its only getting worse

I just can't see a way out of this, the players aren't good enough to suddenly turn it around.

I need good morale throughout the squad, and the best way to get that is with good results. But without good morale we can't get results.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikaelS:

History

318 league goals, 365 in total. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fantastic history. Have you had any offers for him?

Originally posted by MikaelS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikaelS:

History

fantastic history. Have you had any offers for him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Loads, I was getting bids of around £4m in the lower leagues which I was lucky to be allowed to reject. Now I tend to just get loads of enquiries to which I ask for £80m which tends to shut them up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Seasoned Alcoholic:

Bizarely, Mansfield offered Barry Hayles to us, just before the playoffs got underway. After receiving a 'nothing special' scout report, and then signing him up for a season (£400 p/w icon_eek.gif) , he had a rather quiet debut in the Playoff first leg (Home):

BSN Semi-Final Playoff Leg 1

Brilliant icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, im in need of a player like that, just for a couple of games. Barry Hayles in the Premiership in 2015?

History

fantastic history. Have you had any offers for him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Loads, I was getting bids of around £4m in the lower leagues which I was lucky to be allowed to reject. Now I tend to just get loads of enquiries to which I ask for £80m which tends to shut them up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

awesome icon_smile.gif Its that kind of players that make it worthwhile playing fm.

Archived