Ingame "Hidden Attributes" viewer

Ballpump

I'd recommend not installing this where the OP states; It's a really, really bad idea to mess with the game files. A far better idea would be to add these files to one of our 'base skins' available in the sticky thread at the top of the forum.

You might need to use the archive extractor tool to open the .fmf files and extract their contents, then copy over the files to one of the base skins.

"I'd recommend not installing this where the OP states; It's a really, really bad idea to mess with the game files. A far better idea would be to add these files to one of our 'base skins' available in the sticky thread at the top of the forum.

You might need to use the archive extractor tool to open the .fmf files and extract their contents, then copy over the files to one of the base skins."

To be honest if you mean the first sticky then I got totally confused. It is not exactly simple to follow imo. I know there is a lot of work there but it needs to be set out in a easier to follow format? or of course it could just be me being baffled>>:)

K...:)

I can't quite make this work.

Should it be any problems that i installed via Steam? I put the files in the correct path, although it's through the steam library....

the package file is for 10.1.0 user, the core is "person properties.xml" & "team squad.xml" , you can use "Resource Archiver.exe" to extract these files and put it to "My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010"

##############

person properties.xml My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\sections\

team squad.xml My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\panels\

enjoy it

##############

person properties.xml My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\sections\

Thanks for this but can you explain where these are in docs\si\fm10 etc, they do not appear there. In your op you highligthed the c:\Football Manager 2010\data\u\update-1010\data.

I am confused as to where they actually go now to show hidden attributes in the squad section.

I put them in the c:\Football Manager 2010\data\u\update-1010\data.

etc and they did not show. Where is this second instruction re the folders you mention? Do you have to create them in docs\si etc?

Sorry to be a pain but it is slighty bamboozling.

ps I have got the right click the middle-top menu “Insert column” -> "Hidden Attributes" ............working thanks just not the other.

K..:)

awesome work! :thup:

however, i have a doubt:

it seems that its still impossible to see the real sale value (asking price),

but is there a way to add columns with the player hidden attributes: consistency,

injury proneness and important matches?

thanks in advance

I have downloaded a panel somebody designed for 2009 which shows sale price alongside value on both squad and player searching screens which works well.

I wanted to take each of these and combine them with both games.

I have looked into the way the 2010 c/a and p/a were put together and attempted to edit the downloaded buy price panel for 2009 to include these fields, which I have achieved but I can only get the scouts star system c/a and p/a displayed not there true rating.

Likewise for 2010 attempting to get the buy price has not worked but I have no experience of this.

If anyone else has and thinks they can make it work for each game…………?

The buy price panel can be downloaded on fm-base and is under 2009 tools.

where do you put these files

I put mine c://programme files/sports interactive/football manager 2010/data/updates/update-1010

Then when you start the game go to preferences and display and sound setting unclick skin cache and tick always reload on confirm - confirm this then once in the game on squad and player search screens go to views tab and customize then from the left hand selection list add current and potential ability in, you may need/want to remoev a couple in the already selected list to make space

I'd recommend not installing this where the OP states; It's a really, really bad idea to mess with the game files. A far better idea would be to add these files to one of our 'base skins' available in the sticky thread at the top of the forum.

You might need to use the archive extractor tool to open the .fmf files and extract their contents, then copy over the files to one of the base skins.

That by far is the easiest way of doing it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9wu0at0mmln

Unzip that into your Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/Skins folder (you may have to create the skins folder) then selct the base skin in the games preferences.

That by far is the easiest way of doing it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9wu0at0mmln

Unzip that into your Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/Skins folder (you may have to create the skins folder) then selct the base skin in the games preferences.

is it possible for someone to produce this in the standard light skin? i prefer it to the dark one.

Hey pretty cool hack there. Must give it a whirl. It will make the game far to easy though

Here's my idea

You scout a player, 3 of your scouts watch him over 3 games

they report back with CA and PA attributes, they're averaged off and you're stats as a manager lets you see how accurate the Scouts reports are

So you never see their true PA, but rather an average of what the scouts think and what you think

3 Scouts report back that his PA is 170, 180 and the 3rd scout doesn't rate him and gives him a PA of 140

You're a new manager and not good at judging PA, so you give him a rating of 80

So you see his PA as 142.5

But as you get better as a manager and judging PA, you're vote goes up.

So a good manager would give him a PA of 175 for example

And you now see his PA as being 166.5

What you need now is to hire a better scout

So that you can judge the PA of a player better

CA and PA should never be a hidden attribute. Good and Bad managers can evaluate the ability of a player.

Hey pretty cool hack there. Must give it a whirl. It will make the game far to easy though

Here's my idea

You scout a player, 3 of your scouts watch him over 3 games

they report back with CA and PA attributes, they're averaged off and you're stats as a manager lets you see how accurate the Scouts reports are

So you never see their true PA, but rather an average of what the scouts think and what you think

3 Scouts report back that his PA is 170, 180 and the 3rd scout doesn't rate him and gives him a PA of 140

You're a new manager and not good at judging PA, so you give him a rating of 80

So you see his PA as 142.5

But as you get better as a manager and judging PA, you're vote goes up.

So a good manager would give him a PA of 175 for example

And you now see his PA as being 166.5

What you need now is to hire a better scout

So that you can judge the PA of a player better

CA and PA should never be a hidden attribute. Good and Bad managers can evaluate the ability of a player.

You mean the star rating and coach/scout reports that are already in the game?

How do you find the -9 & -10 rated potential people. When putting the hidden attributes on I notice it doesn't display negative values.

You can't. Once a game starts the negative potential players are randomly given a PA within the range of their "negative" potential. For example, (if I remember my ranges correctly) a -10 player will get between 170 and 200. So one game he might end up with 185 and the next he's at 175. And that number is what you see from the hidden attributes.

But just to second the concept that his hack should NOT be placed in the game folder and instead within your own skins folder. Messing with the game folder is asking for trouble.

the package file is for 10.1.0 user, the core is "person properties.xml" & "team squad.xml" , you can use "Resource Archiver.exe" to extract these files and put it to "My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010"

##############

enjoy it

thanks Ballpump. I did like you said and worked

terrific job!

i've got the base skin and the original hidden atts working but how do i get the new ones to show? i can't seem to get consistency, injury prone etc. to work.

cheers Daz

uncheck "Use Skin Cache" and use "Always Reload skin on confirm"

Archived