dafuge's FM10 challenge

for the first year create a temporary manager and start them as unemployed. Go on holiday till 24th June and save the game.

Then proceed the game to the 25th and select a club that is on the first post. In fact read the first post as it's got all the details there.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone started as Truro City yet?

Profile page.

Have you got a save for that? Plenty of people have being aching to play them.
Sorry I haven't I've only got a save for June 24th and 25th(after I've added myself as manager).

Any chance of uploading the save even with you as the manager added. I am sure some people would love joining you on that challenge. Maybe even myself ;)

League Table With 1 Game Left

I'm playing Bristol Rovers at home, Brentford are playing Mansfield away. Mansfield have unfortunately not won in 4 games and just came off a 0-4 beating away to Tranmere. On the other hand, Bristol Rovers haven't scored scored in their last 4 games, so fingers crossed...

You are playing too much!:D

But good luck Scab :thup:

edit:

Drew Hartlepool from league 1 in the second round.

League Table With 1 Game Left

I'm playing Bristol Rovers at home, Brentford are playing Mansfield away. Mansfield have unfortunately not won in 4 games and just came off a 0-4 beating away to Tranmere. On the other hand, Bristol Rovers haven't even scored in their last 4 games, so fingers crossed...

Scab super quick as always on a new release ;)

When you are experienced you can just plough through games quickly, I tend to spend time in transfer windows and then go mega fast through the games, 16 games into the new season and Hendon sit in 6th place, playing some lovely stuff as well so fingers crossed we can keep this up.

getting into the first season now and am very thankfull for my Rangers rejects up front. My league form is patchy especially at home. Just had a great win the 4th Qual Rd fa cup. played AFC Wimbledon from the BSP and had 22 shots on goal to their 2, still only won 3-1 with 2 goals in the last 2 minutes.

A new feature i like the look of is the coaches recommendations that appear, one coach recommended in october looking at an 25 y/o argentinian centre back who last played for sligo. scouted him and found he was league 2 standard and signed him FT for 170 p/w.

Boston United - Blue Square North - 2010/2011 Season

After being predicted 15th, and with a relatively poor track record on FM, I was delighted with the season.

League Table - http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fmtable1.jpg

League Progress - http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fmprogress1.jpg

In with a chance of play-offs in the last few games, but injuries and poor form cost me. Still, a solid start. Nothing notable in the cups.

Squad - http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4267/fmsquad2.jpg

No one outstanding, but hoping my youth academy can provide me with some decent talent for the future.

Transfers - http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fmtransers1.jpg

No one in, as promised.

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square North        8th          N/A 

Will look for promotion next season. A good start to my career, I feel.

:)My first League win has come at the 4th attempt. Pity its against h+r :( but i needed the points more.

A 93rd min winner in a 2-1 victory. Daniel fitchett scored both my goals and is looking like a decent striker he has 3 goals in 3 games

Season 2014/15 Review - Kingstonian in the Coca-Cola League 2

League Table

Past Positions

Got off to a shaky start with a lot of draws and losses, but eventually settled in and started climbing up the table as I got the hang of how to deal with the big away games. Thanks to a characteristic late-season push and one of the best away records in the league we had a good shot at taking 7th, but couldn't put enough goals past Bristol Rovers to overcome Bradford's goals-scored advantage.

FA Cup | League Cup | Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Nothing to write home about competitively, but the Sunderland draw saved our finances for sure.

Squad

The step-up to League 2 was tough, tougher than the one to BSP, as evident by Bauzá's inability to live up to last season's record despite now being surrounded by better players. Fortunately for me the scouts turned up with Ryan Dempsey in pre-season, an Irish Galway Utd product perfect as our target man. Apart from breaking Bauzá's club record of 38 goals scored in a single season, he tops the League 2 Top Goalscorer chart, quite an achievement considering he's playing for a mid-table side. Who knows where we'd have finished without this guy...

Transfers

Arsenal decided to send back Pritchard for another season despite him hardly featuring at all for us last season, but things turned out a bit different this time around. He stepped in when Bauzá was hit by a 5 month injury and established the best goals/game record of all the strikers, including Dempsey. I've went from considering him dead weight to really hoping he'll be up for a 3rd consecutive spell with us...

Aim for next season: Playoff spot. I don't think stealing 1st is realistic just yet. ^^;

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    4th       -
2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    1st       Champions, Promotion
2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier  3rd       FA Trophy winners
2013/14    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier  3rd       Promotion through playoffs
2014/15    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2   8th       -

Season 2014/15 Review - Kingstonian in the Coca-Cola League 2

unlucky on missing out on playoffs.Should get automatic next year though :Descpecially if you tighten up your defence with 1 or 2 good defenders

im impressed by the speed you get through your seasons, 5 already:eek:

Its so frustrating i am playing much better than other teams ( creating more chances, having more possesion) but i always seem to lose:mad:

my strikers are meant to be decent Blue Square Premier strikers

Oh well, i suppose eventually results should pick up if i keep playing like this

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Blue Square Premier - 2011/12

Following the success in the BSS playoffs last season, it was going to be hard work to compete in the BSP without a lot of strengthening of the squad. With news of an impending takeover, I took the opportunity to stretch the finances in the hope a new owner would clear the debt. It backfired as the new ownership brought in no new financing excpet a loan to clear the debt.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was one of the most frustrating seasons I've had on FM. We seemed great against the top clubs and dished out a couple of beatings here and there but we lost so many points against clubs at the bottom of the table. We had a nasty habit of taking the lead and then blowing it and drawing or losing. We made a late surge towards the playoffs but predictably blew it as soon as we got close with five games to go.

FA Cup - after a superb result against L1 Tranmere we came so close to knocking out Ipswich at home. The replay didn't go our way but it brought in around £200k which was badly needed.

FA Trophy - we had a good run which ended with an unlucky defeat to Dag & Red.

Transfers - just like last year, I was busy in the free transfer market and made every effort to bring in quality players, which didn't do our finances any good.

Squad - we have a decent squad with strength in nearly every area but there are still improvements to be made. As well as my strikers did, I really need a natural goalscorer who can lead the front line and score 30 goals a season.

Key Player Profiles:

Paris Cowan-Hall - released from Portsmouth, he made a great start to the season but then suffered a three week injury. He didn't seem to come back the same player and only started to regain his form towards the end of the season.

James Keatings - once again, he was superb from midfield and gave my strikers a run for their money in the goalscoring charts.

Robert Mak - he was always going to be my third choice striker so did well when called upon.

Michael Hall - a classy looking player who looks too good for this league, he didn't quite set the league alight but he played an important role.

Daniel Ayala - the goalscoring centre back, another player who looks too good for this league.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th

Next Season

It was a huge disappointment to miss out on the playoffs this year, especially with some of the great football we were playing. I will be looking to improve the squad and possibly tweak our tactics in an attempt to make it next season.

Well what a difference this season is, we conceeded 88 goals in 46 league games last year but so far we have only conceeded 13 in 19 games which is making the big difference in our league position. Really think we can at least get the play offs this season but won't count my chickens until they hatch as still a long way to go yet.

I have decided to use this season to build up the squad, I feel like if I went out and tried to get to L1 I would struggle for wins for sure, going to focus on retaining my useful players and letting a couple others move on.

Have also moved to a 4-1-2-1-2 tactic because so many teams seem to play wide on my with my old 4-2-2-2, only three games in with it so time will tell.

Also signed a new striker who is just as good as Walker so I am feeling good about 2/3rds of my team, just need my keeper to develop a bit and find a couple more defenders.

Hello all, I was reading this challange and i think im going to give it a shot. Oh and by the way can anyone give me an idiots guide to screenshots.

Thanks alot.(:

Why ingame, press printscreen its above the page up/down keys to the right of the F keys, then you will paste that into a image editing program, like paint, save this file.

Now go to a image hosting site, like imageshack or photobucket and make a free account. Then upload the file you saved and copy the link to it, then paste said link in your post here.

Carshalton 2010/2011 Blue Square South [season 1]

League table

Past positions

Squad stats

For 2/3rds of the season we were annoyingly inconsistent, this unbeatun run upto the end of the season saw us surge into the playoff positions and we were the form team in the league. This run happened when I changed tactics to a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond formation. We were pretty comfortable in the playoffs, brushing aside Bromley 2-0 in the away leg and drawing 1-1 at home. Similar story in the playoff final as we went 2-0 by half time, they pegged us back after half time, but we managed to get another to give them little hope of a come back.

Looking foward to seeing how we'll do next season, I don't think we need too many new signing to do well, but I'll see what's available.

Star players: Jay Smith, Adam Hunter, Grant Gallacher, Fitzharris, Keatings and McShea - I highly recommend them all!

Well pre-season has come to an end and the new season will soon be upon us,

Very hit and miss, probably due to the number of players coming in and out on trial,

Got some handy signings in and some strength in depth that had been lacking,

Pre Season Results were:

Tonbridge (A) 2 - 0

Cambridge U (H) 0 - 3

Great Wakering (A) 1 - 0

Retford (A) 1 - 1

Norwich (H) 0 - 0

Ossett Town (A) 0 - 0

So mixed bag,and apart from the Cambridge game looking pretty solid. A great draw with Norwich

Season prediction was 16th, but the bookies seem to think i am 5/1 for promotion

I am looking for a top half finish, and possibly the playoffs if i get a run going.

Onwards and Upwards :D

How will my team of waifs and strays fare in the real stuff of the BSN

Archived