Download Swiss Alternate 8Tier league system, including Liechtenstein league

KUBI

6.12.2009 ---> Major update uploaded with now more than 1000 authentic Swiss clubs.

17.12.2009 ---> Uploaded v11 that will work now with the 10.2. patch database, you can still use v10, when you start a game with the original database.

Alternate Swiss league with 8tiers, more than 1000 authentic Swiss and all Liechtenstein clubs. 5 Cups, 2 Super Cups included.

Alternate league structure with 8 tiers and a total of 39 divisions/groups.

Tier 5 to 8 with regionalised groups.

All clubs participating in the main Swiss cup and one additional cup. There is also a Liechtenstein Cup.

A total of 1018 authentic Swiss clubs. All lower league clubs are made semi-pro and more than 700 clubs in active leagues.

All clubs with assigned citys and correct inhabitants range, longitude, latitude, altitude.

All clubs with home team kits and unique (but not always authentic) clubs colors, plus the correct stadium names. (tick club logos and batches on in the pref)

All clubs with positive (small) balance at the start.

Full reserve league structure, plus U18 team for all clubs. All clubs with reserve fixtures, the U18 league will expand season after season and add more clubs.

All lower league divisions with a variety of playoffs for promotion and relegation.

Some special league deciding rules in the lower leagues (yellow and red cards)

Amount of foreigners who can be in the match squad set from 2 (lowest level) to 10 in the Super League.

TV money and cup money added to aliment the clubs

Club reputations matches the level on which they are assigned

6 Cup Systems and 2 Super Cups

Main cup involves all Swiss clubs

4 lower leagues cups, one Liechtenstein cup.

When you start a new game tick "add key staff" as this will also generate newgen players for all clubs right from the start.

To avoid conflicts use the original database when starting a new game.

Download the xml file here:

SwitzerlandAlternateLeague

Why this alternate structure and not the real one? You can activate the 1. Liga in Switzerland with just a few clicks. However, some U21 clubs are part of the 1. Liga and that causes some problems in long term games, as just a few clubs in the database have U21 squads assigned. Another problem is that the Swiss league is mainly amateurish below the Challenge League and a lot of small clubs have up to 3 teams playing in the 2, 3. and 4.th liga. This league structure can not be edited in a realistic way. Therefore I decided to make my own Swiss league structure, trying to make the ingame realism the main focus.

For those who want to play the Original Swiss league, I have activated the 1. Liga as it is set in the database:

Switzerland 1. Liga

Just out of interest, how did you manage to create a new structure, for a nation already in the game? I've been trying to create my own Scottish leagues, but am unable to create new leagues without it selecting one of the existing ones... :confused: (i.e. when i go to create new comp, if then asks me to select competition, where it then lists all the Scottish leagues in the game.)

KUBI, does your Serie D file contain accurate squad and match rules? If not, do you know what they happen to be? I tried Wikipedia and the official Serie D website, but I couldn't find anything.

I did only activate the Serie D as it is in the Database. You have to ask one of the Italian researcher about the squad and match rules.

I'm testing today a new update of my SwissAlternateLeague.

Expanded the 6.Liga from 3 to 10 divisions, added 118 playable Clubs

Revamped the cup system, as some clubs played in to many cup competitions, now all will play in the main cup + one additional cup.

Added Liechtenstein Cup with group stage, Liechtenstein Clubs participate in one Swiss cup

Plus some minor fixes.

New version is up.

2 Super-cups are working now, with the limitation that I had to set past winners for 2008 to make the Super Cups working.

After further analysing of the financial situation of the clubs in a 6 season holiday game, I made some tweaks to ensure that most clubs will survive in a long term save and the more successful have a chance to become secure.

The winner of the integrated Liechtenstein league qualify for the Europa League. In the holiday save the domination of Vaduz vanished just after a few seasons and other clubs did progress very well.

SwissAlternate8Tierv05

• 1 month later...

Major update is now available.

Expanded 8tier from 10 groups and 16 teams each, to 16 regional groups with 20 teams each. Makes it another 160 clubs to manage.

Added the 9Tier as an inactive league with 300 clubs.

There is a total of 1018 authentic Swiss clubs in the file, that covers more than 90% of Swiss football.

The cups are also updated, all clubs (1018) are involved in the main cup with 3 qualification rounds.

A new cup for the Tier9 clubs and a revamped Liechtenstein Cup are added.

The Liechtenstein Clubs participating now in the Swiss league structure, but starting at the lowest level, which gives you the chance to bring back Vaduz to the Super League - after at least 5 seasons...

SwitzerlandAlternate8Tierv10.zip

this is gr8 but why r FC Vaduz in the bottom tier

I lowered the reputation of all Liechtenstein Clubs and put them into the two lowest tiers for different reasons.

The main one is that the Liechtenstein Clubs are still not fully supported by the game. (No pre-season friendly games is just one of the limitations, and I had to add youth and reserve teams manually).

In the original database Vaduz is set to Switzerland as nation.

In my file all Liechtenstein Clubs are set to Liechtenstein and will have generated Liechtenstein players.

I'm going to give this a go out of pure intrigue (and I'm off to Zurich on business soon); what is the the lowest placed, worst reputation team playable in this download based in Zurich?

6. Liga group 2 is full of clubs from and around Zürich. Wiedikon and Albisrieden playing their matches in the Zürich city. Witikon is also part of the city.

I've uploaded an updated file that should work with the 10.2. database.

There are now two files:

SwitzerlandAlternate8Tier2010v10 ---> works with the Original Database 10.0.0

SwitzerlandAlternate8Tier2010v11 ---> works with the Patch Database 10.2.0

Be aware that v11 is not fully tested, I'm running a holiday save at the moment.

SwitzerlandAlternate8Tier v10 and v11.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Uploaded v13 that works with the 10.2. patch

(v10 is still available for database 10.0)

changes:

All cities now with correct altitude in feets

Tweaked the prize money for cup competitions

Small changes in the promotion/relegation settings for the 5th and 6th league.

• 4 weeks later...
Have you found any Swiss clubs thriving and achieving any sort of continental success with this new structure? Have the Swiss and Liechtenstein national performed better than what they normally would under the old structure?

The problem is actually, that the top Swiss clubs becoming to rich, due to unrealistic transfers, either with the default league system, and also with this one. That's hopefully something that will be addressed with the next patch.

I will upload soon a major update with a lot of tweaks based on a career game I'm playing. And with the 9th level as a playable league.

However, I will change the Liechtenstein clubs back from nationality Liechtenstein to Switzerland in the new update, as the game can't handle two nations in one league file properly.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the last major update for FM2010

You have to chose the 10.3 database, when you start a new game

All changes and fixes are based on a long term game to make the in-game realism as good as possible.

New features:

Expanded the Super League from 10 to 12 clubs, split divisions, 2 relegations spots

Reduced the Challenge League to 14 clubs, split division (6,8), 2 promotion and 2 relegation spots plus additional playoff with 2 teams from the 1. Liga.

7. Liga (9.Tier) is now fully playable. 16 regional groups with 14 clubs, split divisions (6,8), 4 relegation spots in each group makes it hard to survive.

Improvements:

fixed some city database records which had no language assigned.

fixed various small database errors.

changed clubs reputations on all levels, for a more balanced game experience.

altered finances, prize money and tv money

6. Liga and 7. Liga have now their own match day (Friday and Monday)

changed cup dates for a more realistic schedule during the season

fixed awards for all levels with a more realistic reputation gain

Liechtenstein clubs are now set to Switzerland, as the game does not handle a second nationality in a proper way.

The League pyramid:

Super League 12 clubs

Challenge League 14 clubs

1. Liga, 2 x 16 clubs

2. Liga, 2 x 16 clubs

3. Liga, 4 regional groups, 4 x 16

4. Liga, 5 regional groups, 5 x 20

5. Liga, 8 regional groups, 8 x 18

6. Liga, 16 regional groups, 16 x 20

7. Liga, 16 regional groups, 16 x 14

8. Liga, inactive league, 76 clubs

Reserve League - 60 groups, 60 x 16

Youth league - 2 groups at the start, expands during the seasons

Cup structure:

Swisscom Cup - all 1018 clubs with 4 qualification rounds

Novartis Cup - Challenge League, 1. Liga, 2. Liga, 3. Liga

Tissot Cup - 4. Liga and 5. Liga

Logitech Cup - 6. Liga

Navyboot Cup - 7. Liga and 8. Liga

Ricola Cup - 8. Liga

Liechtenstein Cup - all Liechtenstein Clubs

Teleclub Super Cup - winners of the Novartis and Tissot Cup

Sunrise Super Cup - winners of the Logitech and Navyboot Cup

Download SwissAlternate League File

• 2 months later...
This is the last major update for FM2010

You have to chose the 10.3 database, when you start a new game

All changes and fixes are based on a long term game to make the in-game realism as good as possible.

New features:

Expanded the Super League from 10 to 12 clubs, split divisions, 2 relegations spots

Reduced the Challenge League to 14 clubs, split division (6,8), 2 promotion and 2 relegation spots plus additional playoff with 2 teams from the 1. Liga.

7. Liga (9.Tier) is now fully playable. 16 regional groups with 14 clubs, split divisions (6,8), 4 relegation spots in each group makes it hard to survive.

Improvements:

fixed some city database records which had no language assigned.

fixed various small database errors.

changed clubs reputations on all levels, for a more balanced game experience.

altered finances, prize money and tv money

6. Liga and 7. Liga have now their own match day (Friday and Monday)

changed cup dates for a more realistic schedule during the season

fixed awards for all levels with a more realistic reputation gain

Liechtenstein clubs are now set to Switzerland, as the game does not handle a second nationality in a proper way.

The League pyramid:

Super League 12 clubs

Challenge League 14 clubs

1. Liga, 2 x 16 clubs

2. Liga, 2 x 16 clubs

3. Liga, 4 regional groups, 4 x 16

4. Liga, 5 regional groups, 5 x 20

5. Liga, 8 regional groups, 8 x 18

6. Liga, 16 regional groups, 16 x 20

7. Liga, 16 regional groups, 16 x 14

8. Liga, inactive league, 76 clubs

Reserve League - 60 groups, 60 x 16

Youth league - 2 groups at the start, expands during the seasons

Cup structure:

Swisscom Cup - all 1018 clubs with 4 qualification rounds

Novartis Cup - Challenge League, 1. Liga, 2. Liga, 3. Liga

Tissot Cup - 4. Liga and 5. Liga

Logitech Cup - 6. Liga

Navyboot Cup - 7. Liga and 8. Liga

Ricola Cup - 8. Liga

Liechtenstein Cup - all Liechtenstein Clubs

Teleclub Super Cup - winners of the Novartis and Tissot Cup

Sunrise Super Cup - winners of the Logitech and Navyboot Cup

Download SwissAlternate League File

OK, this is indeed great work. But when I play this file TOGETHER with a Liechtenstein file which I downlaoded (it has the 1FLTV Liechtenstein league plus the reserve league), I can't seem to play these two files together! :( But when I load the Liechtenstein file AND the original Swiss league which comes with the game, it works! Is there anyway around this problem? :(

My Swiss Alternate file does not work with additonal Liechtenstein files, because the Liechtenstein Clubs are integrated into the Swiss league. This will also cause problems with the original Swiss League.

I also recommend to download my latest file, the same amount of teams but with a 7 tier league structure:

This is an updated and altered league system with an other pyramid than in my 10tier file.

Major changes:

Challenge League expanded to 18 clubs

1. Liga and 2. Liga merged

3. Liga and 4. Liga merged

The League structure:

Super League - 12 clubs

Challenge League - 18 clubs

1. Liga - 4 groups with 16 clubs

2. Liga - 8 groups with 20 clubs

3. Liga - 8 groups with 18 clubs

4. Liga - 16 groups with 20 clubs

5. Liga - 16 groups with 14 clubs

6. Liga - inactive league

Cups:

Swisscom cup with all 1018 clubs

Novartis Cup - Challenge League and 1. Liga

Tissot Cup - 2. Liga and 3. Liga

Logitech Cup - 4. Liga

Navyboot Cup - 5. Liga and 6. Liga

Ricola Cup - 6. Liga

Liechtenstein Cup

Teleclub Supercup - Winners of Novartis and Tissot Cup

Sunrise Supercup - Winners of Logitech and Navyboot Cup

Minor changes in club reputations and prize money

http://www.llmaddicted.com/FM2010Editor/SwitzerlandAlternate7Tier.zip

Thanks! OK, now I have got 2 Swiss files! One shows 48479 database changes and the other shows 54119 database changes! The question is, what will happen if I select BOTH of them together? I have this same scenario for a couple of other nation xml files as well! I need advise! Thanks! :)

Thanks! OK, now I have got 2 Swiss files! One shows 48479 database changes and the other shows 54119 database changes! The question is, what will happen if I select BOTH of them together? I have this same scenario for a couple of other nation xml files as well! I need advise! Thanks! :)

OK, I got a crash dump when I tried doing this! :( This same problem happens for some other nations also when there are 2 files from the same nations but not for all the nations having 2 files each! What is the cause of this? :(

Two different nation files with different league set-ups and rules will always cause problems.

You should never try to load two or more nation files for the same nation. If there are more than one file (including the default FM one) you have to decide which one you want in your save.

Two different nation files with different league set-ups and rules will always cause problems.

You should never try to load two or more nation files for the same nation. If there are more than one file (including the default FM one) you have to decide which one you want in your save.

OK, thanks for the info! :)

• 1 month later...

Hey Kubi. Have you played a long game with your new Swiss database? I am just curious if the Liechtenstein National Team has gotten any better because of better player development and newgens from teams like Vaduz?

They game generates a new golden generation for Liechtenstein. Okay, no world class player (there was one in my first save after 5 seasons), but some good youths who get the attention of European clubs. Liechtenstein can still not compete with the best teams and I did not see them qualify for the world cup or Euro so far. But I started a new save after 8 seasons due to a memory problem and constant crashes and I'm now in the 4th season of the new save.

The file is good balanced and entertaining, even if you just play the Swiss league. There is only a problem with a game bug that gives relegated teams to the non-league a big amount of money. But they are fair enough not to spend it on the transfer market. :)

That is awesome. Setting up a game with a huge (200+) amount of leagues (larger prize and TV money for small Euro nations) and it will be nice to see the minnows getting a bit stronger and more competitive when it comes to qualification. Thank you for the work on this database, this is going to be fun.

Archived