Sir Alex Ferguson

I think that I have created a similar tactic to SAF's IRL. If you tell me how to upload it for you, I'll do it, so you could try it out. It has been perfect for me so far. I am at the end of October, and have every win so far... So if you're interested just say it. :D:)

Chris, the thing is SAF will not play the same at home as away. I think you can obviously see players are less expressive away from home but at OT they're given more freedom to try and unlock teams. But if you're looking for info on his tactic at home I would say -

Philosophy - Balanced

Strategy - Attacking

Passing Style - Default

Creative Freedom - Expressive

Closing down - Default

Tackling - Default

Marking - Zonal

Crossing - Default

Roaming - Default

However this tactic will not suit all teams and can be suicidal if you're a relegation candidate as it relies on player quality.

IMO:

Formation: 4-4-2

Philosphy - Fluid

Strategy - Attacking

Passing Style - Default

Creative Freedom - Deafult

Closing Down - Press More

Tackling - Deafult

Mrking - Zonal Marking

Crossing - Default

Roaming - More Roaming

VDS - Goalkeeper (Defend)

Neville - Full Back (Defend)

Evra - Full Back (Support)

Vidic - Limited Defender (Cover)

Rio - Ball Playing Defender (Stopper)

Carrick - Deep Lying Playmaker (Support)

Scholes - Advanced Playmaker (Attack)

Valencia - Winger (Attack)

Nani - Winger (Attack)

Berbatov - Deep Lying Forward (Attack)

Rooney - Advanced Forward (Attack)

This is how I play. Valencia and Nani are AMR & AML. I have tweaked Team and Players instructions. As I said in my previous post I have a lot of success with my tactic. I only use one tactic, but I intend to create a set of five tactics when the full game is out. But I must aggree with justified about home & away games. That's why I'm going to make that set of tactics. :thup:

I hope I helped, and if anybody wants I can send him or upload my tactics.

Cheers. :thup:

IMO:

Formation: 4-4-2

Philosphy - Fluid

Strategy - Attacking

Passing Style - Default

Creative Freedom - Deafult

Closing Down - Press More

Tackling - Deafult

Mrking - Zonal Marking

Crossing - Default

Roaming - More Roaming

Neville - Full Back (Defend)

Evra - Full Back (Support)

Vidic - Limited Defender (Cover)

Rio - Ball Playing Defender (Stopper)

Carrick - Deep Lying Playmaker (Support)

Scholes - Advanced Playmaker (Attack)

Nani - Winger (Attack)

Berbatov - Deep Lying Forward (Attack)

This is how I play. Valencia and Nani are AMR & AML. I have tweaked Team and Players instructions. As I said in my previous post I have a lot of success with my tactic. I only use one tactic, but I intend to create a set of five tactics when the full game is out. But I must aggree with justified about home & away games. That's why I'm going to make that set of tactics. :thup:

I hope I helped, and if anybody wants I can send him or upload my tactics.

Cheers. :thup:

i think rooney is more like a complete forward.

i have had some good success with rooney playing as a trequerista (if the spelling is correct) with Dzeko as an advanced forward. both banging goals in for fun.

not convinced by berbatov on FM10 and was not great on FM09 so got Dzeko in to see if he can replace him and early signs are good.

I would probably try Berbatov as a supporting deep lying forwardand then remove long shots. Should suit that role perfectly :)

As for Rooney he's United best striker in my opinion and you don't have to overcomplicate his role. I think the role Fabio selected is good enough but you can also use him as a Poacher if you want him to be more selfish and go for goal himself :thup:

I wouldn't however play Vidic as a limited central defender as this sort of goes against the Fluid philosophy. Limited central defenders should be confined to a more Rigid philosophy. Either drop philosophy or change him to a "normal" cover defender.

I would probably try Berbatov as a supporting deep lying forwardand then remove long shots. Should suit that role perfectly :)

As for Rooney he's United best striker in my opinion and you don't have to overcomplicate his role. I think the role Fabio selected is good enough but you can also use him as a Poacher if you want him to be more selfish and go for goal himself :thup:

I wouldn't however play Vidic as a limited central defender as this sort of goes against the Fluid philosophy. Limited central defenders should be confined to a more Rigid philosophy. Either drop philosophy or change him to a "normal" cover defender.

Rooney is just too much team player so IMO isn't suited for Poacher role.

And considering Vida. I play him in that role, because I want him to stay a bit deeper than Rio. Because Rio is the one that goes a bit higher and tries to win the ball and then play a through ball or cross from deep. That's why I need Via a bit deeper, if their attacker goes by Rio, then Vida is there to save the day.

I conceded 8 goals in 18 games so far. So I must say it's working very well for me. :)

For Berba I put his Long Shots to minimum and raised his Through Balls to max. He also plays very well.

Here are statistics from my strikers:

Rooney - Advanced Forward (Attack) - 15 Apps - 11 Goals - 8 Assts - 2 MoM - Av Rat - 7.48

Berbatov - Deep Lying Forward (Attack) - 14(1) - 12 - 3 - 3 - 7.25

Dzeko - Target Man (Attack) - 4(5) - 10 - 1 - 2 - 7.44

Owen - Poacher - 3 - 2 - 1 - 0 - 7.85

Rooney is just too much team player so IMO isn't suited for Poacher role.

And considering Vida. I play him in that role, because I want him to stay a bit deeper than Rio. Because Rio is the one that goes a bit higher and tries to win the ball and then play a through ball or cross from deep. That's why I need Via a bit deeper, if their attacker goes by Rio, then Vida is there to save the day.

I conceded 8 goals in 18 games so far. So I must say it's working very well for me. :)

For Berba I put his Long Shots to minimum and raised his Through Balls to max. He also plays very well.

Yes it's a matter of preference. Some managers like strikers being a little selfish to get the goals. As I said I think the role you have for Rooney is good enough. I think he is better as a deep lying striker but you'd need a better striker in the other slot in that case.

I didn't say not to play him as a cover, I just mentioned I wouldn't play him as a Limited Defender as it defeats the purpose of the philosophy.

Yes it's a matter of preference. Some managers like strikers being a little selfish to get the goals. As I said I think the role you have for Rooney is good enough. I think he is better as a deep lying striker but you'd need a better striker in the other slot in that case.

I didn't say not to play him as a cover, I just mentioned I wouldn't play him as a Limited Defender as it defeats the purpose of the philosophy.

Ah, ok than. Anyway I respect your opinon and will consider it. :):thup:

Here are statistics from my strikers:

Rooney - Advanced Forward (Attack) - 15 Apps - 11 Goals - 8 Assts - 2 MoM - Av Rat - 7.48

Berbatov - Deep Lying Forward (Attack) - 14(1) - 12 - 3 - 3 - 7.25

Dzeko - Target Man (Attack) - 4(5) - 10 - 1 - 2 - 7.44

Owen - Poacher - 3 - 2 - 1 - 0 - 7.85

Is a very good return. I actually haven't checked out Dzeko (No idea why, just slipped my mind :D). This just reminds me how good United's striking options are :( I've only got Torres/Kuyt/Voronin/N'Gog. Haven't got a good enough midfield to play 4-2-3-1 as IRL plus the depth when injuries kicks in is atrocious :(

I think that I have created a similar tactic to SAF's IRL. If you tell me how to upload it for you, I'll do it, so you could try it out. It has been perfect for me so far. I am at the end of October, and have every win so far... So if you're interested just say it. :D:)

fabio mvp that would be helpful if you could upload the tactic

Would it not make more sense for Vidic to be the stopper and Ferdinand the covering DC? Ferdinand being more athletic and Vidic more aggressive, i would want the latter to attack the ball and the former to be there if he makes a mistake. Having Vidic to mop up mistakes doesn't seem wise as one-on-one on the ground he can be exposed by pace very easily.

well.. its work quiet ok for me .. 2nd in the league 4 pst behind chelsea . but my rooney seem not score 1 goal so far , but my berbatov 11 game 15 goal for me . any idea how to maky my rooney score ? and my dekzo and owen not scoring either =(

well.. its work quiet ok for me .. 2nd in the league 4 pst behind chelsea . but my rooney seem not score 1 goal so far , but my berbatov 11 game 15 goal for me . any idea how to maky my rooney score ? and my dekzo and owen not scoring either =(

Have you tweaked tactics? Play Rooney as a Advanced Forward (Attack), and Berba as Deep Lying Forward (Attack), Dzeko as Target Man (Attack) and Owen as a Poacher.

Which players are you using? I only bought Baines as a backup for Evra and Dzeko as a backup for Berba.

All my strikers are scoring for fun. When I finish the demo I'll post my results and sumarise it for people to see.

I know I didn't help a lot, but I haven't really done anything special exept creating that tactic. Maybe start all over and use that tactic from the start...

I haven't lost or drawn yet and I'm almost done with the demo...

Then I really don't know. When I finish the demo I'll upload you the same tactic tweaked a bit. So you could try it. I hope this tactics will work in full game with first patch... Anyway I'll keep you informed.

Have you played any more matches?

tactical theorems say alex ferguson plays a rigid philosophy so this would play alot like united

Philosophy - Rigid

Strategy - Attacking

Passing Style - Shorter

Creative Freedom - Expressive

Closing down - Press more

Tackling - Default

Marking - Zonal

Crossing - Default

Roaming - Default

Neville - Full Back (Attack)

Evra - Wing Back (Attack)

Vidic - Central Defender (Defend)

Rio - Central defender (Defend)

Carrick - Deep Lying Playmaker (Defend)

Fletcher / Scholes - Central Midfielder (Support) or advanced playmaker

Nani - Winger (Attack) (cut inside)

Berbatov - Deep Lying Forward (Support)

To play more like united you should set maually a few things

Width - Wide

Defensive Line - Normal

Give Rooney Berbatov very high creative freedom

Limit through balls to rarely for everyone and

give the centre mids through balls to normal (works great as they get alot higher pass completion)

Goalkepper distubtion - mixed

no offside trap

This is how I think united play and ive played the demo using these tactics and they work very well.

I keep 55% - 62% possesion most games with high pass completion around 70 -75% and get a lot of clean sheets and play a lot like united play in real life.

Any luck with my tactics mate? :) I'd like to know do they work for other people the way they do for me. :)

Switched to your tactic midway through my first Notts County season after trying an ultra attacking tactic with mixed results. Your tactic took me from fourth to league champions. Including a ten game winning run ten 1 loss then another 7 straight wins! Admittadly as Notts County I do have the players to win the division (including Corey Evans!) but I have still found this tactic excellent both home and away.

Switched to your tactic midway through my first Notts County season after trying an ultra attacking tactic with mixed results. Your tactic took me from fourth to league champions. Including a ten game winning run ten 1 loss then another 7 straight wins! Admittadly as Notts County I do have the players to win the division (including Corey Evans!) but I have still found this tactic excellent both home and away.

I'm glad it's working for you mate. Unfortunately it only worked for me in the demo, but in a full game with patch it doesn't seems to be that good :( So I'll begin today new game and create myself a new one. :)

Archived