County Championship (FM10 EDITOR)

Do you like this idea?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

• It's brilliant, please make it available for download.
    • It's a good idea, hope it works.
    • Don't care
    • It's rubbish and it won't work!

Greater Manchester should definitely have a team name that reflects the industrial revolution (as Manchester was the world's first industrial city).

Agreed. In the early 1800s Manchester was probably the biggest manufacturing city in the world.

Wouldn't say it was the first industrial city though, as I'm sure there are quite a few English cities who also have a fairly strong claim on that title, although if you're getting technical then Birmingham wasn't a city until 1889, although it had been manufacturing arms and jewellery since the civil war.

All of this, apart from my first two sentences, is of course hopelessly off topic.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. In the early 1800s Manchester was probably the biggest manufacturing city in the world.

Wouldn't say it was the first industrial city though, as I'm sure there are quite a few English cities who also have a fairly strong claim on that title, although if you're getting technical then Birmingham wasn't a city until 1889, although it had been manufacturing arms and jewellery since the civil war.

All of this, apart from my first two sentences, is of course hopelessly off topic.

That's why I suggested the Shropshire Revolution though - due to Telford being "The Birthplace of Industry".

Greater London I suppose you could get away with the Lions or Royals?

Lincolnshire

Gloucestershire

West Sussex

Cambridgeshire

Buckighamshire

Northamptonshire

Wiltshire

Cumbria - Lakers

Northumberland

Isle of Wight

Whoever thought of Nottinghamshire Outlaws deserves a pat on the back for that :)

Really clever idea Gareth, are you going to use real players from England for the county league or allow the system to make them up?

an idea...Buckighamshire Palace, Cumbria Colts. Gloucestershire County...(so simple yet so effective)!

Maybe you could just include wales, scotland and the rest of GB in the same leagues so that there are more leagues....!! are you going to deal with the finance, reputation, staff, history and players of every club??

That's why I suggested the Shropshire Revolution though - due to Telford being "The Birthplace of Industry".

"Irons" links to that too though, albeit more subtly.

Lincolnshire - "Apples" (Isaac Newton), "Methodists" (Wesley & Wesley) or "Yeller Bellies" which is what some people from Lincs call each other.

Gloucestershire - "Ciders", "Boaters/Boatmen" or "Foresters" (after the Forest of Dean)

West Sussex - "Piers" after Brighton and Eastbourne?

Cambridgeshire - "Fenmen"? Not got much idea for this one. Cambridge could swap the university reference with Oxfordshire and give them the nickname "Spires" since Oxford is known as the city of gleaming spires or something like that.

Buckinghamshire - bit of a long shot, but "Confessors" since Edward the Confessor had a palace at Brill.

Northamptonshire - "Steels" or "Trousers" after Corby?

Wiltshire - "Druids" after Stonehenge?

Northumberland - "Monks" after Lindisfarne?

Isle of Wight - "Islanders"

"Irons" links to that too though, albeit more subtly.

Ah, but as somebody from Shrewsbury "Irons" is too Telford - we'd never allow it. Revolution though, we can handle as it's not just an object in Telford, but a contribution from there.

OK, happy medium and ties in with the county logo:

Shropshire Loggerheads

How's that?

What about rivalries and Legends too? Also maybe someone more technical could upload the counties' arms as badges?

I'm going on legends actually from the county, rather than people who have played for teams in the county.

For Leicestershire it would probably be

Fierce Rivalries: Rutland, Northamptonshire

Other Rivalries: Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands

Legends: Gary Lineker, Peter Shilton

Icons: Emile Heskey, Dion Dublin

Favoured Personell: Chris Kirkland

edit: If you want that rivalries in fierceness score it should probably be:

Rutland 100

Northamptonshire 95

Nottinghamshire 80

Derbyshire 75

Warwickshire 75

West Midlands 50

Lincolnshire 20

Warwickshire would be:

Fierce Rivalries: Worcestershire, West Midlands

Other Rivalries Staffordshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire

Legends: Can't think of any at the moment.

Icons: Ben Foster

Worcestershire 100

West Midlands 95

Staffordshire 85

Leicestershire 75

Northamptonshire 70

Oxfordshire 55

Shropshire 25

Warwickshire would be:

Fierce Rivalries: Worcestershire, West Midlands

Other Rivalries Staffordshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire

Legends: Can't think of any at the moment.

Icons: Ben Foster

Worcestershire 100

West Midlands 95

Staffordshire 85

Leicestershire 75

Northamptonshire 70

Oxfordshire 55

Shropshire 25

Re: Famous football people from Warwks. Nigel Winterburn and Matty Fryatt are from Nuneaton and Tim Flowers is from Kenilworth.

How are you going to do qualification for europe?? Also what players are going to play for these sides as there are very few good free agents around. Are you going to move some players from a club to a county. Also who are going to be the managers?? Also who are going to ref. the games if most refs. are reffing a Football League game??

How are you going to do qualification for europe?? Also what players are going to play for these sides as there are very few good free agents around. Are you going to move some players from a club to a county. Also who are going to be the managers?? Also who are going to ref. the games if most refs. are reffing a Football League game??

Qualification for europe might not be possible, have to wait and see.

As for players and managers, I plan to start the game with the teams having none (as it would be if this league had just been created). The teams have alot of money to start with, so they will be able to sign big name players.

I haven't thought about the refs so thanks for pointing that out, although the county leagues matchday will be sunday so i might be able to use the refs from the football league.

Thanks to everyone else, I think I'm sorted now on all the nicknames.:thup:

Re: Famous football people from Warwks. Nigel Winterburn and Matty Fryatt are from Nuneaton and Tim Flowers is from Kenilworth.

Oh how could I forget Tim Flowers!

Didn't know about Winterburn though.

Being a Hertfordshire local, born and bred, I find it somewhat amusing that we somehow got in the top division - Hertfordshire is one of the most underrepresented counties in the country. I mean, we have, uhh...Watford...and...Stevenage Borough...and then there's...??? Hertfordshire's strength really lies in non-league football.

On a more serious note, though, this is interesting, even given the fact that I don't really like the idea of "regional football". However, I'm not sure whether the editor allows you to do consecutive but completely unlinked league structures for one country. I have a feeling you'd have to choose to either do the regional league or the RL league structure. I'm not certain on this one though.

Being a Hertfordshire local, born and bred, I find it somewhat amusing that we somehow got in the top division - Hertfordshire is one of the most underrepresented counties in the country. I mean, we have, uhh...Watford...and...Stevenage Borough...and then there's...??? Hertfordshire's strength really lies in non-league football.

On a more serious note, though, this is interesting, even given the fact that I don't really like the idea of "regional football". However, I'm not sure whether the editor allows you to do consecutive but completely unlinked league structures for one country. I have a feeling you'd have to choose to either do the regional league or the RL league structure. I'm not certain on this one though.

In the OP it was stated that starting league has been based on population.

Another thing, what are you going to do about reserve and under 18 leagues??

Just going to have to wait and see, I might have to create those leagues as well:confused:

The whole idea is based on the capabilities of the new editor and I'm sure I will come across a few problems, but thanks for pointing out the things I may have overlooked:)

Bedfordshire could possibly be

The Eagles

The Brickmakers

The Trucks

The Boeren ( I am out of ideas already what a truly boring county i dwell in)

Im with some of these. Please not Monsters!!?? I like Lions or Eagles. Clangers makes the most sense, but it sounds rubbish! Lions or Eagles if possible.

Have to say this sounds like a good idea, will be checking this out definately for a fantasy game alongside my proper game!

You have Ware :thup:

Hi lads and ladettes! I'll be taking up this challenge for the 3rd year running, both times I managed to get to league 2 in successive promotions but got distracted by things IRL - this time I'm taking the team to the top!!

Has anyone managed to get Tiverton yet? If so, I'd be very grateful if the saved game could be uploaded :):D \o/, thanks in advance

Love the idea, don't love the silly nicknames. Just plain County names would do me

I hope Cheshire will be playing at Edgeley Park. Don't stick them in Crewe or something just because it's a more traditional part of Cheshire. EP is the biggest stadium in the County.

And Greater Manchester doesn't exist. It is a defunct authority, and it should be split into Lancashire and Cheshire.

Archived