Malta and Gozo League

bobatwal

When FM10 comes out i will be creating Malta League as well as the Gozo Leagues, as for some reason i like the Maltese League.

Also the Cup Competitions will be simulated correctly, So far there will be the FA Trophy, 1st Division Knockout, Euro Trophy, Centerary Shield, 2 and 3 Division Knockout. Plus for Gozo it will be the GFA Cup and Division Cup.

Anyone would like to help. I believe that a far amount of data is already in the game all i need is to fill the rest of them :)

Teams

Malta Prem:

Birkirkara, Floriana F.C., Dingli Swallows, Hibernians, Marsaxlokk, Vittoriosa Stars, Qormi F.C., Sliema Wanderers, Tarxien Rainbows, and Valletta F.C.

Gozo's the second island in the Maltese archipelago, we have our own league here separate from the Maltese mainland.

I was planning on doing the Maltese league myself to be honest, being a local (and a player to boot) would help me do it a little bit better.

However, there's lots of idiosyncracies in some competitions which I don't think can be accomodated using the FM10 editor. We'll see...

TBF they have over 48000 logos, go down to as far as Step 10 in England, pretty impressive, even have logos for Gibraltarian teams, I doubt even God knows where they got them from :D

They also have a link for missing logos which is useful if you have one you could provide for them. Only found the site 10 minutes ago :D

Further to the above, is it possible to create the following with the new editor in FM10?

From Wikipedia:

"The league competition is based on two rounds. During every season, which is held between August and May, in the first round all the 10 teams play against each other two times. When each club has played 18 matches the division is split in two and points are halved. The first six teams participate in the The Championship Pool and the last four teams play in The Relegation Pool."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltese_Premier_League

When FM10 comes out i will be creating Malta League as well as the Gozo Leagues, as for some reason i like the Maltese League.

Also the Cup Competitions will be simulated correctly, So far there will be the FA Trophy, 1st Division Knockout, Euro Trophy, Centerary Shield, 2 and 3 Division Knockout. Plus for Gozo it will be the GFA Cup and Division Cup.

Anyone would like to help. I believe that a far amount of data is already in the game all i need is to fill the rest of them :)

Teams

Malta Prem:

Birkirkara, Floriana F.C., Dingli Swallows, Hibernians, Marsaxlokk, Vittoriosa Stars, Qormi F.C., Sliema Wanderers, Tarxien Rainbows, and Valletta F.C.

Vittoriosa Stars and Marsaxlokk are not part of the Premier League anymore due to a bribery scandal. The have been relegated to First Division. There are Hamrun Spartans and Msida St. Joseph instead of them.

Vittoriosa Stars and Marsaxlokk are not part of the Premier League anymore due to a bribery scandal. The have been relegated to First Division. There are Hamrun Spartans and Msida St. Joseph instead of them.

Yes I can confirm this. We had our own 'Calcopoli' scandal unfortunately.

I recommend you contact the webmaster of this site.

http://www.maltafootball.com/index.shtml

The league structure is now complete and everything works perfectly. I included the following competitions:

Maltese Premier League

Maltese First Division

Maltese Second Division

Maltese Third Division Section A

Maltese Third Division Section B

FA Trophy

Super Cup

First Division KO

Second and Third Division KO

The only 3 things which are not accurate are: After the split the points are not halved as they are in real life, Second and Third Division Play Offs couldn’t be implemented because of the way they are played in Malta thus the bottom 2 from the 2nd division will be relegated and the winner in each section in the third division will be promoted. Second and Third Division KO format is a bit different because again, the way it is it can't be implemented in FM.

After spending a whole night editing the competition I am now in the process of editing the database because there are a lot of inaccuracies.

Release date is latest Monday morning, however I plan to release this sometime on Sunday.

The league structure is now complete and everything works perfectly. I included the following competitions:

Maltese Premier League

Maltese First Division

Maltese Second Division

Maltese Third Division Section A

Maltese Third Division Section B

FA Trophy

Super Cup

First Division KO

Second and Third Division KO

The only 3 things which are not accurate are: After the split the points are not halved as they are in real life, Second and Third Division Play Offs couldn’t be implemented because of the way they are played in Malta thus the bottom 2 from the 2nd division will be relegated and the winner in each section in the third division will be promoted. Second and Third Division KO format is a bit different because again, the way it is it can't be implemented in FM.

After spending a whole night editing the competition I am now in the process of editing the database because there are a lot of inaccuracies.

Release date is latest Monday morning, however I plan to release this sometime on Sunday.

Sounds Funky :thup:

I would love to manage in Gozo, it's a brilliant place. Was told about how friendly the Maltese were but found the people on the main island a lot less so than those in Gozo (the only bit I didn't like was getting off the Ferry to find a scene reminiscent of Dawn of the Dead, only featuring Taxi Drivers instead of Zombies asking for money and to give you tours rather than eating your brain).

Sat in a restaurant in Xlendi with the most amazing views, great times.

Have Xlendi got a football side? ;)

Believe it or not, Gozo have got two divisions, but I am afraid there is no Xlendi F.C.

http://www.maltafootball.com/main/gozo.shtml

I would love to manage in Gozo, it's a brilliant place. Was told about how friendly the Maltese were but found the people on the main island a lot less so than those in Gozo (the only bit I didn't like was getting off the Ferry to find a scene reminiscent of Dawn of the Dead, only featuring Taxi Drivers instead of Zombies asking for money and to give you tours rather than eating your brain).

One other thing to note is that there is a Gozo F.C. which consists of the best players in the Gozitan league.

They are in the Maltese Division 2, 3rd Tier, (Premier, Division 1 and Division 2).

Up till a few years ago they were in the Premier League.

However, the attendance of the local league is not very good.

We Maltese roughly 50% side with Italy and side with an Italian team (I am one of them) and the other half side with England and side with an English team.

In fact in the World Cup of 2006, Maltese roads were full of Italian fans carcading in the streets.

The above is mostly due to the fact that Malta and/or a Maltese team can never win anything in International Football.

I believe it is something exclusive to Maltese people.

I'm stunned that there are so many teams across the two islands, they're tiny! saw some 'ultras' graffiti near the dome in Mosta, struck me as quite funny....I just couldn't imagine hooliganism over there!

Good news folks!.. I'm almost done! Transfers are all up to date as well.

Those of you who are involved in Maltese football; I am in fact a Director in one of the local clubs in the Premier League; I also happen to be mad about this game thats why I'm dedicating so much effort and time to this project.

I will upload it tomorrow!

Good news folks!.. I'm almost done! Transfers are all up to date as well.

Those of you who are involved in Maltese football; I am in fact a Director in one of the local clubs in the Premier League; I also happen to be mad about this game thats why I'm dedicating so much effort and time to this project.

I will upload it tomorrow!

Good to see that local football is indirectly involved in this game. I would suggest you release a press release in the local papers. It might increase the popularity of Football Manager in Malta and also help some foreign players sign some Maltese players like Bogdanovic.

BTW: How did you manage to get the game on Friday if you are from Malta? I imagine you are some kind of beta tester, who created the competitions from the beta, or it is already release in local shops.

Thanks a lot for the league. I will try managing the newest club in Malta, Swieqi Utd. in the third division.

Yes logos would be included aswell!

Infonote, actually I managed to get the game in the UK as I was away on business. And I ended up working on the database because I was quite bored in the evenings hehe!

I'm back in Malta now but today I have a long day at the office. Will upload everything tonight!

Dear All,

It is with great pleasure to anounce the release of V1 of our Maltese and Gozo Leagues for FM2010.

My brother and I have dedicated lots of hours for this masterpiece and we would like to welcome any feedback possible!

Competitions Created:

Maltese Premier League

Maltese First Division

Maltese Second Division

Maltese Third Division A and B

Gozo Premier League

Gozo First Division

Fa Trophy

Super Cup

First Division KO

2nd and 3rd Division KO

Gozo Trophy

Gozo Indpendence Cup

Malta Gozo Inter-Cup

To download please follow the following link:

http://www.filefront.com/14830235/Maltese%20League%20-%20Public.xml

Dear All,

It is with great pleasure to anounce the release of V1 of our Maltese and Gozo Leagues for FM2010.

My brother and I have dedicated lots of hours for this masterpiece and we would like to welcome any feedback possible!

Competitions Created:

Maltese Premier League

Maltese First Division

Maltese Second Division

Maltese Third Division A and B

Gozo Premier League

Gozo First Division

Fa Trophy

Super Cup

First Division KO

2nd and 3rd Division KO

Gozo Trophy

Gozo Indpendence Cup

Malta Gozo Inter-Cup

To download please follow the following link:

http://www.filefront.com/14830235/Maltese%20League%20-%20Public.xml

Thought I'd check this thread out before I went to bed :D Absolutely fantastic!

A couple of questions. I'm leaving it overnight on holiday to see what happens but just want to know how you regarded Gozo FC and whether Gozitan teams are promoted to the Maltese leagues.

Also, any data changes?

Gozo Teams will not be promoted into Maltese Leagues. As a tier level they are just behind the 3rd div however from the 3rd there are no relegations and from the gozo premier there are no promotion.

The Malta Gozo inter cup is played between the gozo champion against the maltese champion!

Data has been updated to the best of my knowledge and to the best of maltafootball.com!... But i cant do miricales, there is bound to be some data mistakes. Let me know what you find pls!

In reality there are more teams, since in Malta there is also a MAFA (Malta Amateur Football Association) league.

A separate league, no promotion/relegation to 3rd Division.

Unfortunately I cannot find any league table since the website is under construction.

I'm stunned that there are so many teams across the two islands, they're tiny! saw some 'ultras' graffiti near the dome in Mosta, struck me as quite funny....I just couldn't imagine hooliganism over there!

I still do not have the game, so I cannot really help.

Wikipedia however should have all the teams list of the lower division.

E.g. for 3rd Division Section A

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mgarr_United_F.C.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mdina_Knights

Etc.

Ive done the structure, I dont have the team lists for the lower division clubs. If someone wants to continue expanding on it with players and so I would really appriciate.

I've started updating squad lists, adding players and managers where I can find info, adding histories etc, and with Alan A Wadge's permission, re-release it later on.

I've also collected and done logos of the missing teams and competitions and was wondering if anybody would be interested in helping me do 7 of the more difficult ones since I'm not capable of doing them quite right. Hope somebody can help...

was thinking about doing our lowly league once i got the game but this is just great. Also someone said that they missed the centenary cup, it's played every 100 yrs so there really is no point for it being in there. now, im off to win the champions league with valletta

Archived