FM 10: Official Chelsea Thread - Pride of London

el sid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just had an amazing victory over Arsenal in the semi-final second leg of the Carling cup. It was 1:1 in the first leg at stamford bridge and in the second leg i was down 2:0 in the first 20 mins. Then David Villa pulled one back on the 40th minute and then got replaced by Guiseppe Rossi at half-time. Then a fantastic second-half hat-trick from aguero that put us through to the final to play man city or man utd. It was ana amazing second leg and i was jumping around my room celebrating. lol. I know it is only the carling cup but it was great.

I'm looking to get a left-back for Man City in season 1. Does Zhirkov do the trick, or should I be looking elsewhere?

Zhirkov is brilliant, but as you are in the first season its very unlikely that you will get a bid accepted and it is unlikely that he would want to join (as he just has joined chelsea). What about Vargas at Fiorentina?

In to my second season..fist season won the PL on the last day by beating wolves at home, UTD went in on levels points but better GD ended up loosing to Arsenal at home2-1...

play 4-2-3-1 with the two wide men as inside forwards...In January level on points with Everton top of PL

my team

Renan Terry Alex Cole

Essien Sissoko

Gourcuff Hazard Jovetic

Dzeko

Bosingwa D willson Bouma Zhrikov

Lampard Mikal

Defederico J cole Stoch

Drogba/Lukaku

not been able to get the best of Zhirkov either as LB or AML ( dont think he works as a inside forward) so going to be offloading him and Drogba and Lukaku can be back up to Dzeko and both defederico and Jovetic can play there as well if needed..not sure about Lampard 32, doing well but feel he might decline quick what should I do..also I have transfer budget left over 50 mil from all my sales but acutal balance is only about 30 mil so will I get a cash injection from the board ..want to bring in Rodwell to replace Lampard and will cost over 20 mil

Jesus Navas for 30M€ and Borini, is a good transfert ?

or i try buy Aaron Lennon or Ashley Young for play in the right

Don't know exactly what the exchange rate is like in FM, but it seems a bit too much, but I've never personally used Jesus Navas. A similar player who I can't recommend high enough is Alexis Sanchez though, have a look at what you could get him for.

Havent posted in this thread for ages! Just started a new game with Chelsea.

I sold:

Kalou- 10mill

Anelka- 11 mill

Ferreira-2.5 mill

Sturridge- 5 mill buy back clause included for 9 mill

Ross Turnbull- 1mill

Ivanovic-9 mill

Belleti-1mill

I bought in:

Sotiris Ninis- 4.5mill- Going to take over from J.Cole

M Diarra part exchange for kalou- Cover for Essien

Bernardo-5 mill-Cover For Lampard, Ballack and Deco

Garrido-2.5 mill- Backup for ashley Cole

Alex Smithies-1.2 mill developing English prospect

Yaya Sanogo-2.3 mill Development and is going to be ace when he hits 20

Lacina Traore- 2.5 mill- Already covering for drogba and scoring for fun! I love the ivory coast

James Rodriguez-2.5 mill is going to rip the league apart in a few seasons

20 mill spent

Im looking at bringing in Ross Jenkins and Jordan Rhodes for some English talent in January :)

I am playing a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-1-1

GK-Cech-Hilario

DL-Cole-Garrido

DC-Terry-Carvalho

DC-Alex-Carvalho

DR-Bosingwa-Garrido(re trained to dr)

ML-Zhirkhov-Malouda

MCL-Lampard-Bernardo

MCR-Essien-Diarra-Mikel

MR-J.cole-Ninis

AMCL-Ballack-Deco

ST-Drogba-Lacina

At the end of october and im on the top of the league... Youngsters are doing very well when being called upon :)

In all my previous saves ive sold Ballack immediately... how wrong i was to do so... He is a monster! He is outperforming all the players in my team and at the moment is out doing Lamps! Zhirkhov has been awesome on the left and malouda when played is doing the job fine! Terry has all of a sudden been on fire since moving him into my left dc role... hes scoring goals and playing out of his skin in defence!

Hello, again.

I'm in 2018 now, having managed Chelsea from the start of the game. It's starting to get a bit boring, so I'm trying things in the game to keep me entertained, such as finding the new big name in New Zealand and stuff like that.

Currently playing a 4-3-2-1 formation with quick and direct passing.

From right to left:

Akinfeev

Azpiquleta, Laws, Pique, Lennon

Hamsik, Moncur, Fabregas

Aguero, Otzl

Rooney

Lennon, Laws and Moncur are all english regens at age 21 which are playing on the English national team. My policy is that when a player beomes 30-31 years I sell him to be able to get back some of the money I paid for him, and I use that money to bring in a regen in his place. Just sold De Rossi to Real Madrid at the age of 32 for 15 million pounds, where I bought him for 52 million pounds 7 years earlier. The only two players that remains from the original team when I started is Terry. I signed Lampard as a fitness coach when he retired.

My most expensive player has been Wayne Rooney, which I paid 80 million pounds for. Well worth the money by the way. However, I might have to break that record now to bring Neymar to the club from Real Madrid. His technical skills are brilliant!

started a Chelsea save, my goal was to get Lampard to score 20 and win the CL. Doing well crushing most teams. Signed Maicon, Gourcuff & Sanchez.

Can't get Lampard to bag though, only one in ten games :(

How much did you pay for Maicon?

Hi. Just started my Chelsea load yesterday after they won the double. :thup:

Going REALLY good so far, but still early days.

Here are my transfers in and out:-

chelseatransfersinandou.png

Not much activity going out, but a few new faces coming in. I also have Neymar, of Santos, coming in at the end of the season for £18.5 million.

Won a few awards recently aswell:-

lampardplayerofthemonth.png

Super Frank has been on AMAZING form in the recent games. Scoring vital goals at vital times and bossing the midfield.

sergiomourinhomanagerof.png

Right team, right tactics = RIGHT RESULTS. Especially, the Arsenal result. Absolutley hammerd 'em.

Hi, I've just started a Chelsea save today after getting bored of Bayern Munich. My main aim is to grab the Champions League and to rejuvenate an ageing team.

My first piece of business was to bring in Angel Di Maria for £9.75m. Next came in Alex Smithies for £1m. I had planned for that to be it for this season, but after the first couple of games, it dawned on me that I didn't really have any good backup for Obi Mikel and Essien, so I splashed a combined £15m on Lukman Haruna and Franco Zuculini. These were the best 2 under-21 DM and MC that I had scouted (well not THE best, but the best that I could get at reasonable prices). The only player to leave was Mellis who went to Celtic, with Tore and Bruma loaned out for the season.

The season has gotten off to a fantastic start with 10 wins from 10 games, including a 7-0 win over Blackburn and a 3-1 victory over Arsenal. My best players so far have been Drogba and Malouda, who between them have 10 goals and 8 assists. I haven't been able to get Lampard firing yet, but I've just moved one MC up to AMC to see if that helps him get going.

what formation you playin pal?

My formation:-

-------------------------Cech---------------------------

--- Ivanovic -- Carvalho -------- JT ------ Ashley Cole ---

------------------------ Essien --------------------------

-------- Ballack/Mikel/Deco ------------------- Malouda --

------------------- Frank Lampard -----------------------

-------------- Dider Drogba ---- Nicolas Anelka -----------

I rotate that CMR role around to who ever is on form and fit. :thup:

Ill post a screenie when i get back from school. i also have a 4-3-3 formation to play against weaker teams. :thup:

My formation:-

-------------------------Cech---------------------------

--- Ivanovic -- Carvalho -------- JT ------ Ashley Cole ---

------------------------ Essien --------------------------

-------- Ballack/Mikel/Deco ------------------- Malouda --

------------------- Frank Lampard -----------------------

-------------- Dider Drogba ---- Nicolas Anelka -----------

I rotate that CMR role around to who ever is on form and fit. :thup:

Ill post a screenie when i get back from school. i also have a 4-3-3 formation to play against weaker teams. :thup:

So does that work out like this

GK

DR

DL

DC

DC

DM

CM

LM - Or is this also a central role?

AM

ST

ST

Keep Lamps as your AssMan. ;)

Just sharing two strikers that exemplify that you don't need to be the best at tekkers to be the best in the world:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.calay/fm10/stefanovic.jpg

He is so far on 102 league goals atm and 159 overall at age 26. Going against the record set by Edin Dzeko of 210 league goals and 318 overall. Stefanovic plays in the central striker position of my 4-1-2-3. He has this incredible ability to receive the ball, turn and burst past a defender before smashing it in. The amount of times he does this leaves me wondering why the AI doesn't react to try and stop him. His first three seasons with me, of course, weren't stellar with goals, respectively being(brackets are league goals): 27(14), 22(9), 31(19). These seasons were him playing on the left side(Dzeko was the central man) and I was thinking of selling him on, since he wasn't working out on the left but also we weren't seeing eye to eye on a personal level. Of course at age 32 I decided to sell Dzeko to Real Madrid for a good price of £15m. The central spot was up for grabs, between Stefanovic and from what I understood, the most technically/mentally/physically gifted player of that current generation, England striker Jeff Wills(I'm presuming his PA must have been 190+, not seen an as good as player as my FM09 Marcio! However I made the decision to put Willis on the left and bring Stefanovic into the centre and not regretted it since. Even sold off Willis to Man City for £40m given the incredible wage demands for what ended as little product, even when he was put in centre when covering for injury! Stefanovic is a bit sensitive when it comes to confidence so I'm glad I've been able to keep him progressing so far.

Next up is a newgen project I am proud of simply because of the weak tekkers he has:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.calay/fm10/bentil.jpg

He joined in his teens, of course. Had to send him out to get that EU citizenship. His first proper season with me got him a good lot of starts 16(6) in the league with 7 goals and 5 assists. Europe seemed to be better with 5 goals in 2. This screen is now from his second season, currently I'm playing. He's had a much better start to the season and he really has developed well. I'm hoping he'll be a late bloomer but he's deffo a long term player for me.

I've switched to Llew_Arshavin23's formation with the ML and MC and I must say, it is excellent with the right instructions! I play a standard back 4 (Terry/Sidnei on Stopper and Carvalho/Alex on Cover), Mikel/Haruna at DM as a DLP defend, Essien or Zuculini at MC as a Ball Winner support, and of course Lampard at AMC as an Attacking Mid attack.

Lamps has (roughly) 16 goals and 8 assists from this position, and I've only just gone into February.

I managed to get the one and only Lukaku in January for £7.5m plus £3m after 1 international cap and £5m after 30 league goals.

On another note, is it just me or does everyone seem to be losing about £5m every month?

Yes! Even with my new 60k seater stadium. It is difficult because I try hard to keep my wage bill under £1.3m/w but that can be broken when a key player ends up demanding a lot. Some ego's will not go under £100k a week, that's time for them to gooooo, go out the door! Just focus on making an overall profit at end of season with player sales/awards/tv/sponsorships and hopefully as your balance grows your monthly losses will won't hurt as much.

I ended up in administration in one season, which was annoying, it lasted for three days since RA "stepped in" to inject cash but I don't understand why he didn't inject it before we had to declare bankruptcy. It cost me the league given administration put a 9 point penalty on us!

I've switched to Llew_Arshavin23's formation with the ML and MC and I must say, it is excellent with the right instructions! I play a standard back 4 (Terry/Sidnei on Stopper and Carvalho/Alex on Cover), Mikel/Haruna at DM as a DLP defend, Essien or Zuculini at MC as a Ball Winner support, and of course Lampard at AMC as an Attacking Mid attack.

Lamps has (roughly) 16 goals and 8 assists from this position, and I've only just gone into February.

I managed to get the one and only Lukaku in January for £7.5m plus £3m after 1 international cap and £5m after 30 league goals.

On another note, is it just me or does everyone seem to be losing about £5m every month?

Glad to hear it mate. :thup: Good luck.

lost the title on the last day to UTD so could not win three in a row and they beat me in CL semi as well 6-3....poor defenders in big game so have revamped it

cech

renon terry felipe angel

essien sissoko

gourcuff hazard jovetic

dzeko

ochoa

d wilson

dodo

bosingwa

rodwell

lampard

j cole

diego suazo

lukkau

tore

I always ended with a personality clash with Cech and Akinfeev which I got as replacement when I sold Cech to RM after a few seasons. Obviously I'm at a point where I'm using a lot of youngsters that I raised and love me unconditionally.

Well i went on to win the premier league in the 1st season with Lacina Traore my main goalscorer of 25 league goals. This guy is going to be the perfect Drogba replacement and was a fairly cheap signing. Yury has been a monster since deciding to play him as winger on the left and leads my assists. I got knocked out of the champs leauge in the group stages and lost in the final or Europa league final. I lost in the league cup and FA cup finals.

My team looks like this:

GK-Cech/delac/smithies

DL-Cole/Sakho/garrido

DC-Terry/Subotic

DC-Carlos Cuellar/Sakho

DR-Bosingwa/Garrido

AML-Zhirkhov/Stoch

MCL-James Rodriguez/Obi Mikel

MC-Essien/Obi Mikel

MCR-Lampard/Bernardo

AMR-Ninis/Eagles

ST-Traore/Drogba/Sanogo

Players in:

Eagles- 2mil

Cuellar- 5mill

Subotic-Free part exchange Frani Di Santo

In July Ribbery will be joining on a free and will be looked at on the right as he will not knock out Zirkhov

No Big money spent and next season may be shifting drogba which would free up even more wages...

Deco,ballack, sarki and Joe cole left on frees at the beginning of the season 2. Im currently in 2nd behind Man City by 7 points and in the final of the league cup against everton. Also in the champs league Knock out rounds at January. Bernardo, Ninis , rodriguez and Cuellar are playing very well this season and this means that Lamps and Subotic are struggling to get in. I do think the youngsters will replace the older players next season and the team will end up looking like this :

GK-Delac

DL-Cole

DC-Subotic

DC-Sakho

DR-Bosingwa

AML-Zirkhov/Stoch

MCL-Rodriguez/Ninis

MC-Essien/Obi mikel/Jack Cork

MCR-Bernardo/Lamps

AMR-Ribbery/Eagles

ST-Traore/Sanogo/Sturridge

Then i have players like: Smithies, Aanholt, Kakuta, Rajkovic,Bertrand,Borini,Woods, Hutchinson, Clifford and Borini who are all developing into awesome players in my reserves. Some are playing really well on loan. I also got the likes of cory evans and mark randall on frees who are playing very well in my reserve squad and so far the teams going well. The reserves are in 1st and so to are the u18s

Got to play Cech man :( But other than that, good work with your team, although Eagles :thdn:

I am playing Cech for at least the next 2 seasons :) Eagles has been awesome! Hes the second in assists only to Zirkhov who has been awesome! Also in every season ive played with chelsea Eagles moves to Tottenham and always plays well for them. So i thought im getting him for 2 million and its been a good piece of business so far :)

Im playing my most addictive Chelsea save ever and its all because i massively underachieved in my first season, something ive never done with Chelsea before.

No transfers in as i disabled budgets, a few of the yougsters left on loan though.

Community Shield

Chelsea 1-2 Manchester United

EPL

ei01u1.jpg

Terrible inno!

League Cup

Lost in the 1st round (3rd Round) to Aston Villa on pens after a 2-2 draw at The Bridge.

Terrible inno!

FA Cup

Lost in the 1st round (3rd Round) 1-0 to Manchester United at The Bridge thanks to a Wayne Rooney pen in the 90th min.

Yes inno, terrible!

Champions League

Lost 3-2 to Barcelona in the 1st knockout round.

Cut me some slack it was Barca!

There was constant speculation about my future all season, messages of a game being my last if not for a good result were rife but i was never sacked despite being an ''Under-Pressure Manager'' and having a job status of very insecure. The majority of players had lost confidence in my ability aswell, never the less season 2 is on and im still coach of Chelsea. Bring it on, hope we can do better this year :D

You really, really should have been sacked haha. Game isn't harsh enough really. If Ancelotti had done that IRL, the chances of him being manager next season would be about 100-1.

Good luck next season anyway, at least it puts a different spin on the game.

You really, really should have been sacked haha. Game isn't harsh enough really. If Ancelotti had done that IRL, the chances of him being manager next season would be about 100-1.

Good luck next season anyway, at least it puts a different spin on the game.

LOOL my thoughts exactly mate. Especially as its Euro Cup footy next season LOL. Roman would never stand for this.

Yep and should keep me interested for a lot longer then it usually does.

Archived