FM10: Official Manchester United Thread - Rooney's the main man

jonahno6

Season 2021/2022 - Daryl Bristow (Winger, deployed as a Inside Forward) and Joe Folkes (Attacking Midfielder, retrained as a Striker) - both 16 years old are promoted straight from the youth system into the First Team due to them being that good.

Season 2038/2039 - Daryl Bristow, 500 league appearances scoring 343 league goals and Joe Folkes, 529 league appearances scoring 619 league goals. Both are now 33 years old.

Time isn't on their side anymore, and this current season I have changed my system from a 4-5-1/4-3-3 to a 4-2-2-2 and have brought players in to take over from these 2 absolute legends. The thing is, they've both become unhappy as I've changed their squad status from Indispensable to Important First Team Player, and I know deep down that they're not going to play that many games. They still got 3 years left on their contracts so by then they'll be 36 years old.

What do I do? Do I allow them to leave should THEY ask? I cannot put them on the transfer list as they are Manchester United through and through...

Help!

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started as man u, 3 games into preseason. Mainly signed youngsters, Annan is my oldest transfer signing. Wilshere signed for 5m, I'm using Chris and Daz update.

Trying to loan out all the young players who have already got good stats like Macheda/Wilshere/Veratti/Cleverley/Smalling etc

JON MUFC - try playing an extra man in midfield. I play 4-2-4, but if I start to struggle against the bigger teams I drop a forward and sit someone in front of the back four. Helps to grind out a 1-0 win!

ahh why have I never thought of this before haha. cheers mate, I play 4-2-4 aswell so hopefully this might do the trick against the top sides!

On another note, any advice on how I can stop complacency? I just drew at home to Bolton 0-0...this sort of thing happens way too often

I've finally managed to bring Ronaldo back in Jan 2012. Cost me 100m (47 upfront, 53 over 48 months) + Obertan + 10% of the profit made.

Jon MUFC

To avoid complacency in the second half tell the players that you don't expect their performance to drop. Don't know what to say prematch though.

Neville was struggling to last 60 minutes in my last couple of friendly matches so I made a 12 million offer for Gregory van der Wiel. He was already in discussions with Bayern and Liverpool. He signed for me so I'm delighted. Anyone had him before? looks like a starter at the age of 21.

Spent 27m this summer, 15 on first team players. 8m left which I'll use if a good youngster becomes available.

ahh why have I never thought of this before haha. cheers mate, I play 4-2-4 aswell so hopefully this might do the trick against the top sides!

On another note, any advice on how I can stop complacency? I just drew at home to Bolton 0-0...this sort of thing happens way too often

I expect you to win, and I expect a performance/pick up where you left off for those who are reported by your ass man as showing complacency in prematch.

One more game left in my 5th season (Champions league final against Chelsea), I won the league after my 34th game, 19 points ahead of man city who were second. I also won the FA cup so hopefully can do the treble. Wouldnt have done it without this guy, absolutly amazing.

edit; Just got offered the Real Madrid job lol. 125 Million transfer budget, oooh. They offered me 125k a week, I asked for 500k (Ha) and they offered 375, so I asked for 450k a week and they said 400 was there last offer. Of course I rejected, was only messing with them

97545929.jpg

Seems a bit too much to me. I'm willing to go in on a large bid for him but I'd never give up Wayne. I've got 62 mil transfer kitty going into the CL final against Bayern. So I'm sure I'll be able to request an increase once the summer rolls around.

I'm gonna try to unsettle him and see if I can force them to sell low.

Just to top of a fantastic season off for my team and Ronaldo. He scores in literally the last second against Chelsea in the champions league final to win us the treble. I screamed with delight when he scored because Chelsea were pushing hard for the win! I didnt have Pato or Villa to start cos they were both injured and it didnt help my Regen striker was injured 7 minutes into the game, I had two 17 year olds up front.

41193931.jpg

What skin is that mate? Nice result by the way

Nice start to my 6th season, warming up against Arsenal in the community shield. Only brought in Fazio and a few regens this summer, sold one of my regen defensive midfielders for 18 Million to Juventus (17.5 Million profit) so wanted a ball winning midfielder and Fazio fit the bill perfectly. Real Madrid, Geneo and Barca all put in huge bids for my 2 Star regens but I fought them off. Garcia was a star of the world cup for Spain this year.. I rejected a 27 million bid from Barca for Gabilondo, he'll be with me at Old Trafford for the rest of his career, and I just took the Spain job so I can now have him and Villa playing at National and Club level together.

startrc.jpg

gabih.jpg

i just started a new game,,, i would just like to ask for with setting my team tactics and training,,, any suggestions?!?!

btw i bought ander, wilson, rodwell, rafinha, and im still looking for a forward with a tendency to play on the left side,, any advises?!!(how about rossi?)

and yeah i bought kroos but he will be joining on the 1st of july 2010

Right decided to start a new game using an update.

Looking to bring through some youngsters like Cleverley, Rafael, Fabio, Hernadez, Macheda. Going to use Fergie's transfer polict of late and not make major signings maybe some promsing youth players.

I'll post an update later

I feel like starting a United game so I will.

I'll play a 4-2-4 as it seems to be most effective for the squad. Any ideas on who to buy? I was looking at Modric but seems a bit expensive.

Modric is brilliant worth a good £25M bid if you can upset him at Spurs

a 4-2-4 suits man utd from the start really, as you have Fletcher/Carrick/Scholes/James etc etc

maybe a CB to partner Evans as a rotation as Rio/Vidic are awesome

1st Season Transfer window shuts

Players In

Mats Rits - £975K

Alex Smithies - £900K

Ashley Young - £18.5M

Tim Cahill - £12.5M

Luis Suarez - £23.5M

Players Out

Ji Sung Park - AC Milan Loan £1.1M

Nani - AC Milan £10M

Antonio Valencia - AC Milan £14M

Gabriel Obertan - Porto Loan £675K

Ben Amos - Swansea Loan

Corry Evans - Charlton Loan

Rodrigo Possebon - Charlton Loan

Ritchie De Laet - Charlton Loan

I feel I have a strong 1st team squad now. The players I have signed I think can do me for a good couple of years now and I want be spending too big from now on just looking to bring through some of my youngsters. Here is my team

Van dar Sar/Smithies

Rafael/O'Shea/Brown Ferdinand/Smalling Vidic/Evans Evra/Fabio

Carrick/Hargreaves

Cahill/Flectcher/Anderson/Cleverley Scholes/Giggs/Gibson

Owen/Hernandez Rooney/Berbatov/Macheda Young/Suarez/Beba

Having real trouble scoring at the moment, seems nothing will go in. Weird especially after last season when the goals we're flowing, scraping 1-0 and 2-1's and drawing 0-0 to much for my liking.

City have gone 5 points clear because of it.

I ended up buying Sessegnon who has turned out to be pretty good. For some reason I can't seem to win away from home. At home I batter every team but as soon as I go away I get "Rovers battle for victory" as they beat me. It is really getting on my nerves now.

Looking for some tactical help here ;)

I'm looking for some help regarding the inside forward. I have Alexis Sanchez on the left wing playing the role below. He got a decent record especially in Europe, but in the league he wasn't up to much. Could somebody help me alter the settings of the role to get him scoring more goals? Maybe you guys like Verby who have got Ronaldo scoring 25-30 league goals a season from the wing could help?

alexis.png

inside.png

Has anyone found Joshua King to be any good? I didn't think anything of him but Real Madrid have just come calling and now I'm wondering if there is actually potential there.

I used him in my second season and he got 42 goals in about 46 games! his stats dont improve much and nor does his value, hes still only valued at £7.25m, even after that season! i think it may have been the tactic im using :)

I used him in my second season and he got 42 goals in about 46 games! his stats dont improve much and nor does his value, hes still only valued at £7.25m, even after that season! i think it may have been the tactic im using :)

wow nice 42 goals from him! that's quite impressive :) He doesn't really look that in my save so I sold him to Bayern munich for 2.2m euro :p

---

Anyone have a screenshot of Paul Pogba when he is 25-30 years old ? :)

Haha, I had completely forgotten that I had put O'shea to be retrained as a striker in his training schedule last season (I don't know why I did that really....) , and now he is able to play as a striker haha :p

So I just tried him as a lone strike (Targetplayer with supply to head) in a game against Wolves in a 4231 formation... and he scores a hattrick haha.... what a legend

sheap.jpg

and after winning the fa cup its the first time i've ever become a club legend... i'm so proud :******)

although i am slightly worried as Arsenal have just been taken over by a South African tycoon so next season might be a bit more differcult \o/

Archived