FM2010 ~ Official Barcelona Thread - The Home of Midfield Brilliance.

Intercept

To iamjerome another flawless season well done! Balotelli looks pretty immense! Any plans for some bigger summer signings or are you happy with your squad and just concentrating on youth players?

Also you went undeafeted through the entire season and only one draw in the league to madrid away from home and with a 2nd team out! From my experiences of FM down the years and in FM10 ther are allways a few games a season where I dominate a game and then the opposition score from like their only shot on target to get a point or even a win - and it happens IRL too. But it seems that based on your season that this has not happened! Do you never dominate a team and just cannot score and then they score against the run of play or you score 1 from 5 CCC's and they score 2 from 0 CCC's? :)

yeah i don't think i will make any big signings, it's not really in my interest to, my squad is bliss as it is. i don't really know what to say about winning as many matches as i did because the only thing different i did than usual this season was actually take my press conferences so my team weren't as complacent, i dominated nearly every match in the first half the season in terms of pass completion, shots, possession etc but in the 2nd half my team got very sloppy but we still just managed to keep scoring whereas other teams wouldn't despite having more of the ball. can't really explain it because of course like everyone else i've historically also had a lot of undeserved defeats

btw i applied for the brazil manager job and got it after they went out in q/f of copa america :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all I just started a save with Barca and I'm a little confused about their Youth setup. None of the youth players are signed to youth contracts. I'm used to playing as Arsenal but wanted a change of pace and I've never had a chance to coach some of the players on this team. Since there are no youth contracts all the youth coaches that are on staff are sitting around on their bums...and all my youth players are training on first team schedules...which can't be good for their fitness. Any suggestions...will the next crop of youth players come in next summer with youth contracts?

Hey all I just started a save with Barca and I'm a little confused about their Youth setup. None of the youth players are signed to youth contracts. I'm used to playing as Arsenal but wanted a change of pace and I've never had a chance to coach some of the players on this team. Since there are no youth contracts all the youth coaches that are on staff are sitting around on their bums...and all my youth players are training on first team schedules...which can't be good for their fitness. Any suggestions...will the next crop of youth players come in next summer with youth contracts?

Yeah good point Gooner the training for youth players is not great and I do not fully understand it. If for example I sign a highly promising youth player then he seems to always go into my first team squad and likewise he trains with the first team even when I put him into the under 19's squad, he still trains with the first team and have the same training schedule as the first team for the various position. But then some players do train in the youth team so I believe it depends on the type of contract that they are on.

But I think when the new intake of youth players get promoted from the acadamey they have youth contracts I'm pretty sure and you can offer youth contracts to players you wish to purchase but becasue in FM every good young players seems to want al least £10k a week then offering a youth contracdt is not an option becasue they will always reject it.

Not sure in Spain but I thought that you could not offer a player that was a certain age a full-time contract and you had to offer them a youth contract, but from my experiences in Spain I think you can offer full-time contract to any age player but I may be wrong. I may be the only person who is slightly confused about this area and hence I think FM should improve this area and in particular allow full time contracts players to train in the youth team- maybe be a bit of a contradiction or offer youth contracts to players who dont demand so much who are 16 years of age!!!! :)

Ok guys I'm soon to start my 5th season so heres what happened over the previous 12 months.

Fouth Season

Ok so the big summer transfers was the departure of Zlatan! For around £17m to Sevilla. His replacement was Sergio Aguero for £55m! I also wanted a back-up to De Rossi, I wanted Camacho from Altetico but I offered £50m straight out just to test the water and go from there and they rejected! So I got Sandro for £27m- yes I got taken for a mug but I needed a reserve for De Rossi and he can be used as box to box to add a bit of bite in tandom with De Rossi if needed. A few of the older players went like Enke, Abidal, Marquez, and I also bought Bassong for Spurs, not an amazing player I know but he is very solid and does a good job IMO and he was only around £10m.

Kings Cup

Ok so lets cut to the chase, fairly straight forward to the semi-finals where I faced Real Madrid. I won at home 2-0, and drew 1-1 at their place, so a meeting with Valencia in the Final. I had the better of the first half and really should have been ahead. However the 2nd half and the remaining extra time period was the worst performance of my time as manager of Barcelona. David Villa scored in the 2nd period of extra time and that was it for another year. In previous FM's the domestic cup is a bonus but as I had not won it for the past 3 seasons I really wanted to win it so I was quite disappointed!

La Liga

Ok so after last years close battle I really wanted to hit the ground running this year. With the sale of Zlatan it seemed that the shackles were off and we were playing a more free flowing football, and we were not so raliant one one player and if one player did not perform then another player would be the match winner. I had an xi that I considered my best but I still play with one up front and I rotated each game with Bojan and Aguero- I could not choose between the two. Also not sure if anybody has noticed but it seems that in the latest patch players take longer to recover their fitness. Barca were playing very well with the following game being a prime example of what was achieved this season that I don't think would have been done the previous season.

At half time I was 1-2 down against Athletic. I was dominating the match with around 4 CCC and they had 0 CCC and had scored 2 goals! So I mad some subs at half time and changed my tactics. As the 2nd half resumed Busquets got sent off! But I still has faith in my team and we ended up winning 4-2! I used this example to illustrate that in previous seasons my team would have given up the fight and been unable to get a result but it seemed without Zlatan we had more of a variety to our game.

In the end we won the league with around 3 games to go I think and only losing near end of the season to Valencia and R.Madrid away from home. So all in all I was very pleased and we managed to score over 100 goals to boot!

Champions League

After three years of hurt this was the competition that I wanted to win big time! We won our first 5 games a but lost the last which was our forst defeat of the season in all competitions. We got Fiorentina in the last 16 and after 0-0 at their place we won at home. (can't remember the exact score)

Then we faced Milan and after a good battle at the San Siro we came away with a 2-0 win which flattered us some what. We lost the return leg 1-2 but the damage was done in the first leg. Next up was Juventus and it was a very similar story to the Milan game. We won 3-1 at their place and then they beat us 2-0 at the Nou Camp so we went through by the skin of our teeth! Man City were our oppenents in the Final which I was not suprised having checked some our their scores in previoius matches. The final was a fairly even game with both keepers playing very well. Ribery scored for us in the 86 minutes only for Tevez to score in stoppage time! Again even in extra time so penalties would decide the winners. And luckliy for us we won! Think it was 4-2. Shay Given got subbed in the 2nd half even though he was not injured - thought that bug was fixed but maybe not!

So I fianlly got my hands on the Big Ears! :D The Kings Cup Final defeat left a bitter taste more for the performance more than anything else, but my best season to date.

Aguero avearged just under a goal a game and bojan averaged just over a goal a game so i was very pleaed with their performances aswell as my AM's who seemd to be chipping in with more golas than ever and Iniesta got about an assist a game but he was out injured for around 3/4 months and messi got alot of assists but it seemed that as each season goes by Messi scores less and less goals!

Zlatan for Sevilla scored less than a goal every other and nearer a goal every three games which I was very plaes with- not becasue he was not playing well but becasue it seemed I sold him at the correct time and he was not the player he once was.

Henry, Puyol, Riquelme have all left on frees. I did this in the hope that I could get them as coaches but it seems they have all signed deals with other clubs as players!

No big signings this season I dont think- just bought a few newgens for the under 19's and looking to bulid for the future. :)

nev,

another good season, buddy. Finally the Big Ears, huh? ;)

Good decision with the whole Zlatan/Aguero thing. I decided to keep Zlatan and he now is a massive liability, and I'm too proud to sign Aguero.

I wonder, any change in your formation to accommodate Bojan, Messi, and Aguero? None is pure striker, though Bojan can do the job well. Or you could always experiment with a striker-less formation ;)

To ivanro, yeah about time regarding the Big Ears. Yeah it seems Zlatan does decline rapidly or it is the case in my game. A formation with no striker does sound good- a bit like the dutch total football philosophy! I could play messi AMR aguero AMC and bojan ST but it would mean Iniesta would almost certainly be dropped and then the AML would be Ribery/Modric with also Gourcuff on the bench and also Keirrson. So it would maybe limit my options up front in terms of only Keirrson on the bench and a host of attacking midfielders.

To iamjerome yeah that would work well but I have Modric and Rubery for the left wing so Aguero would not get a sniff in that position! :)

Okay started a game with Barca...I have brought in:Odamenti,Buonanatte(sp)Gourcruff and a young right back whos name starts with azy lol its long.

Sold Marquez and thats my transfers done.

I have won all my games so far apart from a draw at Sevilla(I am 6 games in the league)My main problem is that although im winning my possession is awful..in most games I only finish with 45% even against poor teams at home despite winning 4-0.

I am playing a 4-3-3 with messi,Henry and Bojan up front(Ibra and Xavi are out injured)I usually play attacking and very fluid at home and fluid and control away.....How can I get more possession as I want it to be like Barca in real life?

So far Messi is on fire scoring 5 and creating 4 in 6 league games.

Okay started a game with Barca...I have brought in:Odamenti,Buonanatte(sp)Gourcruff and a young right back whos name starts with azy lol its long.

Sold Marquez and thats my transfers done.

I have won all my games so far apart from a draw at Sevilla(I am 6 games in the league)My main problem is that although im winning my possession is awful..in most games I only finish with 45% even against poor teams at home despite winning 4-0.

I am playing a 4-3-3 with messi,Henry and Bojan up front(Ibra and Xavi are out injured)I usually play attacking and very fluid at home and fluid and control away.....How can I get more possession as I want it to be like Barca in real life?

So far Messi is on fire scoring 5 and creating 4 in 6 league games.

Seems like you made some good signings elephant.

Yeah for me the posession side of the stats needs working IMO. I mean you could have pretty much any default formation and tactics with the correct players and Barca against most teams especially the lower league teams and you would think that Barca would have the lions share of the posession (at home) but no it seems that often the opposition will have most of the posession even though you may win 4-0.

I seem to have more posession away from home. This is because I play more rigid with all the passing through the middle, with less creative freedom, and with a more control philosophy and generally not as attacking. At home i play the opposite to a certain extent.

If you are looking for more posession then my advise would be to play a slower tempo so to string a few more passes together and for the players to take their time and probe a bit more to look for an opening. Also more aimed at home don't play the counter attack as this will look to soak up at lot of pressure (they will therefore have alot of the ball) and then you will quickly try and hit them on the break. So not playing the counter attack may increase your posession of the ball. Maybe have your holding role/defensive midfielder to hold up the ball to keep a bit more posession rathee than looking to attack from the off.

In the prefferd moves maybe look at your midfielders and try and get them to learn slow down play (I think thats what its called) think I'm clutching at straws here! Mabe be look at your defensive line. I make my defenders defend from deep becasue Puyol and Pique are not lightning quick and thus may not have the speed to play the offside trap, but by defend inf from deep this invites pressure and gives your opposition more time and space. So by playing the offside trap and with your defenders pushing up the pitch this will have the opposite effect of defending from deep and force the opposing attack to do something rather than no pressure at all.

Also maybe change your keeper and CB's to short passing thus avoiding them punting the ball up field that may result in a loss of posession and encourages you to build from the back. Maybe short passing for the team generally a bit like in real life to get their inter changeable football.

But to be honest if you are winning a playing well then I would not really look at the posession too much. Its pretty important IRL but in FM i don't think it carries as much weight but I couold be wrong. Hope that helps, not saying my advise is right but thats what i woud do. :)

But don't try and fix something that is not broken! ;) The above may seek to increase your posession but at the same time your results may not be the same. Results are more important than posession. :D

great thread

hope you dont mind i am signing keirrison in jan in the 3rd season for my leeds squad , have any of you used him effectively and if so what player instructions suit him best?

in my game he has been languishing in the ressies and hasnt played at all for 2 seasons, he is only costing me 5 million over 48 months so im hoping i can get something out of him

thanks for any replies

never used him personally, when he came back from his loan i sold him off to villareal for 14m euros as i had too many offensive options as is.

i haven't played the barca save again in a while due to the holidays being very busy + if i'm honest, i've gotten a bit bored of how easy it was to win everything even with an illogical and imbalanced set-up. i've instead moved to start this (although haven't given it much time there yet either): http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=179779 some of you may perhaps find it interesting!

in any case i'll keep reading this thread once in a while, good luck guys! maybe i'll be re-motivated in time to continue the save.. :)

To jbarnsie getting keirrison for Leeds seems a great purchase especially for £5m. Well ive had him tutored by Henry so his attributes in my game may be different to those in your game. He does not start for me and does not play many games but when he does i play him as a poacher. He has decent acceleration, pace, anticipation, composure, off the ball, finishing, and I think his dribbling and first touch is also decent. So for me he has the attributes to be a poacher. One of his prefferd moves is shoot from distance so I would advise you train him to stop this as I feel it is somewhat detramental to his game.

To iamjerome sorry to hear your loss of love for Barca! I see what you mean when you say you are getting bored but I'm not at that stage yet in terms of being that dominant. I've had a look at your thread, seems interesting, I'll pop in from time to time. :)

In January and im top of the league by 4 points(Real are in third and are 9 points off the pace)Signed Chielleni(sp) and Ribery in Jan when the board gave me £39m.

I beat Almeria 6-1 away and still only had 46% posession lol

How much did you get Chiellini and Ribery for cheers. :)

que realmente no necesitan mi táctica, son exactamente como se describe a través de los creadores de táctica que no necesita ningún genio que participan la clave está en conversaciones equipo / cambios de mentalidad de control de sobrecarga de venta, etc .

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ew4yyomnhzo [/ url] (4-5-1)

finalmente encontró el tiempo para terminar la temporada, ganó 2 cuádruples en una fila - lo que significa el Barça ha ganado todos los trofeos individuales a su disposición durante 3 años consecutivos en mi mundo de los juegos: D

Pasé por la temporada invicto, de hecho 37 partidos y 1 empate en la liga - 0-0 alejarse en el Real Madrid cuando me pongo mi equipo de 2 ª a cabo debido a jugar también en CL q / fs al mismo tiempo. 112 pts, 104 goles a favor, 22 concedidos.

2 TBF real en 84 pts con 63 GD que es muy impresionante.

CL contra el real i no paso en la marcha más tristemente, ganó 1-0, lejos primero en el Real y luego ganó 2-1 en casa. había Man Utd en semifinales, donde me hiciste en el paso hecho y les derrotó por 4-1 en casa antes de ganar 1-0 fuera de reservar un lugar ante el Inter en la final, una victoria simple por 2-0.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6076/overviewuf.jpg [/ IMG]

Cada jugador de este año terminó con una calificación promedio de 7 y de arriba! aunque muy alarmante fue Xavi, que fue del 2 al pasado con sólo un 7,03, pero creo que el papel a nivel profundo significa que soy la reducción tanto de él y Fabregas (sólo 7,13)

Estadísticas del Equipo (único jugador que falta es Azpilicueta cesar - 20 (2) - 7,00

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5913/squadstats.jpg [/ IMG] [/ quote]

Patch 10.2??

How much did you get Chiellini and Ribery for cheers. :)

£15m up front and £15m over 48 months for Chiellini

£18m up front and £15m over 48 months for Ribery

I wanted to sign Aguero but he wont come until the end of the season so will hopefully get him then,Ive still got £5m to spend and I want a striker as Henry is terrible,only two goals and he constantly misses one on ones,luckily Bojan,Messi & Ibra have been on fire.

Valencia look like they could get relegated so its out of Villa or Aguero,Both have been awesome in this season so im 50/50 at moment but Aguero is younger.

£15m up front and £15m over 48 months for Chiellini

£18m up front and £15m over 48 months for Ribery

I wanted to sign Aguero but he wont come until the end of the season so will hopefully get him then,Ive still got £5m to spend and I want a striker as Henry is terrible,only two goals and he constantly misses one on ones,luckily Bojan,Messi & Ibra have been on fire.

Valencia look like they could get relegated so its out of Villa or Aguero,Both have been awesome in this season so im 50/50 at moment but Aguero is younger.

Cheers elephant, Chiellini for £30m total seems a good price. Tried to sign him for ages but Juventus won't budge. He's even got me on his favoured personel. :)

I've finished my 1st season with Barcelona.

Only added 2 players from Atletico, Borja Baston & Keko in the winter transfer.

1st Season Formation pretty much the same as Barca IRL, with Bojan occupying Pedro's job.

Start of the 2nd season, I've got Otamendi (8 Mil), Salvio (7.5 Mil), and Dida (free).

Get rid of Gaby Milito (15 Mil) to Bayern.

The squad :

GK : Valdes, Pinto, Dida

Def : Alves, Puyol, Marquez, Pique, Abidal, Maxwell, Otamendi, Chygrynskyi, Henrique

Mid : Keita, Yaya, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Keko, Thiago, Pedro

Fwd : Henry, Ibra, Messi, Bojan, Salvio

As things stands, here's my 2nd Season formation :

4-3-3

GK : Valdes

DR : Alves / Puyol

DL : Abidal

DC : Pique

DC : Puyol / Otamendi

MC : Yaya Toure

MC : Xavi

MC : Iniesta

AML : Bojan

AMR : Messi

ST : Ibra

With 30 Mil left, any suggestion of areas that need strengthening?

Thx in Advance

Visca el Barca.

Im in february 2010 and im 12 points clear of 2nd placed Real,beat Arsenal in the next stage of the champs league and I got Real in the final of the Spanish cup.

Messi is an absolute beast....22 games = 17 goals and 14 assists with a rating of 7.89,I brought Chiellini & Ribery in Jan but both cant play in champs league,heres my team.

.....................Valdes

Alves.......Puyol........Pique.......Chiellini

...................Toure

.........Xavi..............Iniesta

Messi.................................Ribery

..................Ibra

For the champs league I play 3 up front being messi,Ibra and Bojan.

Just a word on Bojan,he has been amazing for me,Ibra was out for four months and Bojans stats so far are 18 games = 17 goals with an rating of 7.67.

Ok ive won the league with 5 games to spare,won all my games in the league apart from 3 draws,Got Real in the Kings cup final and also look like I will have them in the champions league final.

I just played Inter at the san siro in the semi final 1st leg....heres what happened.

fm10.jpg

So started a barca save (till the new patch/transfer update comes out).

How are you all playing/using Messi.

I am using this formation:

GK
RB		CD		CD		LB
	MC		MC
AMR			AMC			AML	
		ST

But for some reason I don't get the best our of him, halfway thru the season and he is on a 6.44 average, 1 goal.

Have him set as Winger, attacking role.

Any idea's are welcome.

Finished fifth season, still won the league, but it was a hard labour, mainly because Aguero hit like 50 goals in a season. Same with Villa, even though he's in his thirties now. Atletico and Valencia are the main challengers now.

Got beat by Muenchen in the QF of CL, Toni Kroos is starting to fulfill his massive potential. I contemplated of signing him a few seasons back, and now I kinda regret I didn't.

Thierry Henry has moved on to be the manager of Lyon. His coaching attributes are excellent, best of luck to him.

I haven't had the time to write a complete report like I used to, but a few observations : Bojan is struggling to fill Zlatan's role, maybe it's my tactic, maybe I shoulda signed Dzeko or someone alike a few years back; I'm gonna have a hard time to find a partner for Cesc once Iniesta starts his decline, Busquets is not the type, and I'm not really sure who's to sign or if I wanna make a big-money signing; same with Alves's position; all in all, I feel that the current players available in the game are not the whopping superstars that the game started out with: Zlatan, Iniesta, Puyol, Alves, Aguero, etc.

Anyway, at least I have two youths that I'm really excited about, Juan Carlos Salas, a copy of Puyol, and a striker whose name escapes my mind atm. I'll do updates later.

Cheers.

It's been ages since I've played on my save since I went and got a new MacBook Pro. Once the new patch comes out, you know I'll be going back to Barcelona :) Nice work nev on getting the Big Ears :)

It's been ages since I've played on my save since I went and got a new MacBook Pro. Once the new patch comes out, you know I'll be going back to Barcelona :) Nice work nev on getting the Big Ears :)

Cheers Prowl, me too ive not played in a good few weeks! :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've started a new Barca save for my new MacBook Pro. I couldn't wait anymore. I am using the 4-5-1 again, but am limiting myself to signing only Spanish players or players that have trained in Spain ie. Aguero. The one and only exception I'll make is the LB position because I haven't seen a good Spanish LB at all. I won't even sign my usuals like Otamendi, Lukaku, and Areola. Leaving it all to growing my young players and signing Spanish :) Will post an update and get this thread going again

A little update on my Barca save. I'm about to start pre-season training and I already have made some changes. I got rid of my staff and hired new coaches, scouts, and a physio

Instead of doing what I did in my first Barca save - signing good players, I am restricting myself to signing Spanish players or players who are homegrown in Spain...

My signings this season:

Jose Angel - a good Spanish LB prospect. I can develop him slowly with Maxwell and Abidal already in the 1st team

Cesar Azpilicueta - a good RB prospect who can deputize for Dani Alves

Marc Mateu - a good DM prospect who I will get Yaya Toure to tutor

Transfers out:

Keita

Millito

I'm going to keep Marquez this season and try to offload him in the summer. My goal would be to develop Fontas and Muniesa

Future Transfers:

Borja - a good striker prospect

Fabregas - he will be my Xavi replacement and I will pay whatever it takes to get him.

My goal is to develop and turn out a nice homegrown Barca side like they are IRL while making a big splash once in a while. While it still will be relatively easy to win trophies, I want to do it the Barca way and keep the team homegrown and Spanish

You know when one small un-eventuful thing happens in your life that keeps you away from the game. Another one will be around the corner taking its place the moment things calm down. Well that has been the story of my life for the past couple of months. It all started with a girl (doesn't it always though?) and since then I've been thrown all over. Anyhow I'm now single, studying and 100% unbelievably bored. So I have re-installed FM onto my PC and I will having a crack at getting my second real save started as I had to re-format my PC which lost all the settings I previously had.

Anyhow. I've made it a mission of mine to get this thread back to life and will ensure we better the interest we had last year! I shall be updating the opening post again when I get more information regarding the various players and PA's from, for instance, the youth squad!

Good. Let's get this thread back. As a Barca fan, I'd like to see this thread succeed :)

Just so people know, I did up Pedro's CA and PA slightly. He's been pretty solid this season and deserves a raise IMHO

Archived