FM10 : What Team Should I Be Thread

-A mid-level team that has a good core and/or potential, in a top European league (esp. Germany, Italy, or France)

- A top team in a mid-level European League that has Champion's League potential

-A team generally regarded as a top team that has slipped some, but can be built back up fairly easily, in a top Euro League

-A good youth setup is a must

-At least a decent transfer budget, and/or some players already in the team that can be sold for extra transfer funds

-I don't care much about tactics, but I like running either a diamond, 4-3-1-2, or a 4-4-2

- Something I can get into long-term

From France you should look at PSG, Rennes maybe even OM. If you want a lower team now, then why not Metz or Lens?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I haven't really managed in either league for a long period. Basically just wanted to load the big 5 leagues, but start outside them in either Holland or Portugal and make my way around the leagues.

Any other decent sides in leagues outside England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain? That are in a fairly competitive league?

Decent sides or decent leagues?

Scandinavian, Polish, Swiss, Ukrainian, Russian, Greek, Turkish leagues are all very competitive (and Dutch, Portuguese as well) but competitiveness with some decent sides does not necisarially equal decent leagues, if that is what you are looking for.

I mean, I find it equally fun taking a side like Wisla Krakow, or Kobehavn, and not just managing those sides to European success, but ALSO raising the standard of your countries league, making it more competitive and basically turning an average league like the Polish Ekstraklasa to a high profile one.

but ALSO raising the standard of your countries league, making it more competitive and basically turning an average league like the Polish Ekstraklasa to a high profile one.

How can you do that when there's no dynamic reputation? The polish league will always have a reputation of 11 or whatever it is

Hey, need a little hand, got completely bored of my Newcastle game and looking for a new game. Looking for a team that has the potential to challenge in their league within a couple of seasons. Has to be a challenge and can challenge in Europe eventually. Ideally they aren't ready to compete right at the top

Ended up going for Toulouse. Seemed like a decent little team and have never managed in France before. If I ever get the chance later on in this game I'll definitely try and give Genoa a go. Always turn out brilliant. Thanks for the help and if I get bored of this one I'll definitely give Genoa, Cagliari or Hamburg a good pop :)

Looking for a Coca Cola League 2 team, with average to slightly below average finances. Ive started with Notts County and it feels like I have an endless reserve of cash.

Also the same for an EPL team? Average to below average finances. Thanks!

L2: Lincoln City, Bradford City, Shrewsbury?

EPL: Blackburn, Sunderland, West Ham, Everton?

Hey , Looking for a team in Brazil . Want a young team that has the potential to be good. Also what Countries should i Load ?

You could be someone like Santos, they have Neymar and a couple of other decet youth players. They also have state of the art facilities for youth so you should get some decent regens.

I would load Brazil obviously, then maybe some Souther American nations to go along with it.

Right, now I need some help. I already have a rough idea of some teams I want to be I just can't make my mind up. First of all there is Arsenal, then Juventus and finally Udinese. I would fancy a challenge in Germany but no clubs have taken my fancy as of yet.

A quick post on a general team you should give a go; Celtic - The players are all sort of, medocre with the odd diamond in there. However as i've found out fringe players such as Killen and Mizuno can be polished into shiners as i have in my game. It's an enjoyable game as the league is pretty easy, although i'm second (Doh!).

Transfer Budget is pretty nice, no major debts...cough cough. The thread is a welcoming place to visit and the more the merrier. Hope some of you start Celtic saves soon and get into the thread.

Bored of my Newcastle game, after winning the quadruple twice in a row and I'm now looking for a new game. Looking for:

- Not in England

- Very good youth system

- Decent finances

- Not in the nations top division

any ideas?

also, does anyone have a guesstimate date as to when the next patch will be out?

Cheers

Bored of my Newcastle game, after winning the quadruple twice in a row and I'm now looking for a new game. Looking for:

- Not in England

- Very good youth system

- Decent finances

- Not in the nations top division

any ideas?

also, does anyone have a guesstimate date as to when the next patch will be out?

Cheers

Real Sociedad in Spain, maybe Torino in Italy?

can anyone recommend me a team from any of the following divisions:

English Premiership

Championship

League 1

League 2

Blue Square Premier

I don't mind what team, just preferbly for it to be a long term save? a team that I could possibly build on?

AFC Wimbledon, Luton Town, Notts County, Newcastle, Leeds etc.

There are alot of teams, some more detail in what your looking for would be better. IE a team with money but in a lower league etc.

If you absalutely don't care at all, just browse the teams until you find something of your liking, or alternatively, start the game clubless and choose the first offer from a league in the BSP and up.

im thinking about Luton tbh.

Well, yes, could you recommend a team with money, but more lower league?

I did have a very enjoyable save with Rotherham in which I got them to the Championship, im perhaps looking for something like that again to be honest, perferebly League 2 maybe? Im not sure, I struggle to find a team that I want to be, in a long term save?

Luton is a good choice.

Notts County and Luton have money outside the EPL + Championship. While other teams like Crystal Palace and Leeds have superb youth systems.

IMO it is so easy to pick out an English club as you just need to look at the tables and see which one is to your liking. :)

Yes, I also had a very good save with Crystal Palace :)

Im just never so sure who to be, im currently thinking about Burton Albion, predicted to finish bottom, keep them up first season, then promotion in the second? we'll see :). Burton have a budget of 30k, so, im sure I could use this wisely :)

Yes, Birmingham is one I have been contemplating for weeks, they seem to have a large squad, in which I dont know where to start with selling players, so is tricky. But, I also like lower league football, but with teams who have decent transfer budgets, so I can build a good side etc :L, im soo picky its unreal! Sorry guys!

At some point I will make a list of possible Polish clubs to play as when I take on Poland. I don't know who to do, so I will as you guys for advice even though you guys will know next to nothing about Poland. :p

I'll put some history and stuff for you guys though.

i would like to try my hands on a german team, since i have yet to manage in germany, I dont want to play FC Bayern since they look a bit to good for my taste, yet still i want an ok team from the highest division, that have some potential

any suggestions?

i would like to try my hands on a german team, since i have yet to manage in germany, I dont want to play FC Bayern since they look a bit to good for my taste, yet still i want an ok team from the highest division, that have some potential

any suggestions?

Hoffenheim, a good young team with cash to burn?

Wolfsburg, reigning champs, Edin Dzeko starts there?

Leverkusen,Schalke, Bremen all have some tasty players and potential.

Need something fun and long lasting that will do me up until the patch. Although if I enjoy it I will just carry on. Have narrowed it down to a few teams just need some help picking one. The choice is - Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Juventus. Any other suggestions would be helpful?

hello,

Ive just had a long save with leeds that i enjoyed but now looking to add a twist to a long career game by only having english players for when the patch comes out....

So im looking for the teams that start with the most english players already at the club .. from a website i have the follwing teams i am interested in .. villa, tottenahm, wolves (not sure if this list is before or after jan transfer window)..

Im not 100% sure i want to start with a premiership team though so was wondering as i cant find any other sites ... which teams have most english players in the championship and league 1 please?

Thanks

hello,

Ive just had a long save with leeds that i enjoyed but now looking to add a twist to a long career game by only having english players for when the patch comes out....

So im looking for the teams that start with the most english players already at the club .. from a website i have.. stoke, villa, tottenahm, wolves, birmingham, burnley and west ham (not sure if this list is before or after jan transfer window)..

Im not 100% sure i want to start with a premiership team though so was wondering as i cant find any other sites ... which teams have most english players in the championship and league 1 please?

Thanks

Southampton have a lot of English players in league 1, and to be honest most of the teams in league 1 do have English players.

Archived