FM10 Official Arsenal Thread - You can win anything with kids!

arsenal_2111

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First season finished, and we've gone unbeaten in the league!

Was fairly worried on the last day, had to play Chelsea and conceeded in the 84th minute, before Bendtner popped up with an 87th minute equaliser.

Anyway, I'm quite happy about my season, so a summary!

Transfers:

arsenaltransferss1.th.png

Squad:

arsenalsquads1.th.png

League table:

englishpremierdivision2.th.png

I also won the league cup, but went out of the FA cup in the 5th round to Liverpool, the same team I beat in the league cup final. In Europe, I got Barcelona in the 1st knockout round of the CL, lost 1-0 away then drew 1-1 at home, so crashed out of that too. I claimed manager of the year, RVP won footballer of the year, Arshavin won players' player of the year, and both were just behind Tevez in the race for the top goalscorer award, coming 2nd and 3rd respectively.

I've got a few plans for next season, I think I need to bring in a good goalkeeper, and probably a defender for backup + to hopefully tutor people.

Now, the defender I've already managed to sign. I've agreed a deal to bring Burdisso in on a free, as his contract with Inter has run out, and I've also got Riquelme coming in the same circumstances.

For goalkeeper, it really depends on the money I bring in. I'm hoping for someone like Adler, but I also want to bring in a right back and possibly a world class centre back + DM if I have the funds available. Mexes + De Rossi spring to mind straight away, but we'll have to see.

clichy is better! but he don't even get him as a sub. in stade he get's Boumsong of OL. is just in my game that this happenning?

and when I add a new manager to france (retiered after) they still hire Domenec again)

Started again with a more focused manner making every detail matter in regards to backroom staff as well as playing staff which is surprising for me cause I never really bothered, will post end of August update when I get there, Pat Rice has been sacked with a French legend taking his place as my Assistant Manager.

I'm not sure if I should sell Nasri or not, what do you guys reckon?

I've been offered £15m, which is exactly double his value. The club wanting to buy him is Villarreal (well, the only club that hasn't asked to have him on loan), so they aren't really going to trouble me any time soon.

Thoughts? I've got a fair few players to play in his position, for AM I've got Arshavin, Wilshere, Barazite, Riquelme, Rosicky, Merida and Lansbury. There's also a fairly long list of MCs, as I've got Denilson (thinking of selling him), Fabregas, Ramsey, Lansbury, Merida, Rosicky, Riquelme, so it's realy the same players standing in his way.

With the money I could probably get either a right back, or go for someone like Mexes, De Rossi is probably a bit out of my price range unfortunately.

I've been offered £15m, which is exactly double his value. The club wanting to buy him is Villarreal (well, the only club that hasn't asked to have him on loan), so they aren't really going to trouble me any time soon.

Thoughts? I've got a fair few players to play in his position, for AM I've got Arshavin, Wilshere, Barazite, Riquelme, Rosicky, Merida and Lansbury. There's also a fairly long list of MCs, as I've got Denilson (thinking of selling him), Fabregas, Ramsey, Lansbury, Merida, Rosicky, Riquelme, so it's realy the same players standing in his way.

With the money I could probably get either a right back, or go for someone like Mexes, De Rossi is probably a bit out of my price range unfortunately.

sell him. there is better player cheaper (salary) but sell him only if you get way more than is cureent price

don't sell denilson is a very faithfull player and give him time is really good use him for evry game as a sub it will help him grown

well im 12 games into the league, won 6 lost 3 and drawn 3, scored 26 and conceded 16, in europe im struggling, lost to lyon drew to kiev and just beat kobenhaven. my line up is like this atm

Ochoa

sagna gallas vermaelen clichy

walcott denilson fabregas arshavin

rvp eduardo

i brought in rolfes, otamendi, kacar and a few youngsters, but im struggling wiv defence atm cause i keep letting in goals, any ideas on what i can do, i want to keep 4-4-2 though as i prefer 2 strikers.

i doubt he would be interested in coming back to arsenal to be fair, playing for the best team in europe and getting starts

in fm09 after I won the champions league and hasn't play much game at barca he agree to come back. may be it will be the same

well im 12 games into the league, won 6 lost 3 and drawn 3, scored 26 and conceded 16, in europe im struggling, lost to lyon drew to kiev and just beat kobenhaven. my line up is like this atm

Ochoa

sagna gallas vermaelen clichy

walcott denilson fabregas arshavin

rvp eduardo

i brought in rolfes, otamendi, kacar and a few youngsters, but im struggling wiv defence atm cause i keep letting in goals, any ideas on what i can do, i want to keep 4-4-2 though as i prefer 2 strikers.

your tactic is the problem. give them time with your current tactic and also try to hire 2 coach with great knowledge of tactic and tactic coachung. no less than 18.

your tactic is the problem. give them time with your current tactic and also try to hire 2 coach with great knowledge of tactic and tactic coachung. no less than 18.

i have 2 good coaches that already have that, and what do you mean my tactics the problem? im doing a double game where im luton as well and with luton im storming the league, ok its the bsp but im scoring goals but defence is just shocking!

So I've reached February and all is still... well rosy?!

January Transfers:

Out:

Henri Lansbury 2.2Mill + clauses

Fran Merida 2.5Mill + clauses

Vitto Mannone 775k + clauses

In:

Sergiy Krysvtov 3.3Mill

Fairly pleased with my transfers so far, Sergiy and Oatmendi will be my future CB partnership, at the moment Sergiy provides cover for Song (at ACN) and Semak in the DM role. Semak is ageing and this will probably be the only season where I get anywhere near the best out of him, 5Mill for one season is expensive, but I don't think I'd be in the positon I'm in without him. Adler is a rock in goal, cahill has been hit and miss, but by rotating my defence regularly I seem to get the best out of them. Pajero is just a stop gap and has done well when called upon to cover Andrey. Soldado has been a beast and has 36 goals from 38 appearences in all comps.

Competition wise I'm top of the prem by 15 points at the start of Feb, my two slip ups a 1-1 draw at home against stoke and a 3-2 defeat at home against United (was 2-1 up at the hour when Gallas got himself sent off for GBH on the edge of the United box... Rooney scored two screamers). I'm in the final of the league cup against Bolton after a classic two leg semi against United, after a 3-3 draw at the Emirates (Song got sent off! Soldado missed a penalty!) thanks to a last minute Bendtner goal I went to OT thinking United were probably unbeatable. I won 2-0 with a nail biting rear guard action, Vermaelen was sent off after 25mins (I was already 2 nill up). Second round of europe against CSKA Moscow (qualified with max points and 30+ goals from an easy group).

As long as Andrey and Adler stay fit I should win the Prem and its the luck of the draw with europe!!!

Long term, gallas and rosicky will be sold in the summer, as will vela, I will look to bring in gourcuff and ozil or Marin and Annan to rotate with Song.

Man, Chelsea are tough to beat. I just played them at home and got completely dominated. I was 2-0 down until the 60th minute where Eduardo sprung into life, scoring then and then again in the 85th minute to make it 2-2. Not only that, Chelsea injured Arshavin for 6 weeks and Song for 2-3 months! :( And Song was playing as an emergency centre back as well... luckily the January window is soon.

Not a question regarding arsenal... but a question to arsenal_2111

How are you in season 3? How do you progress that fast?

Been testing the game :thup:

And no, that doesn't mean you can blame me for any bugs you find :D

I'd sell him. I ended up selling him for about £12million, he just didn't perform well enough and was always getting injured.

does Van persie is not good in your game then in mine??? the dude get injury afetr injury. i'm gonna sell him ge on my nerves.

Eduardo is great they made him a super striker or something!

Completely the opposite in mine, Eduardo was average and van Persie is absolutely incredible.

Haha, did you tick the switch names option by accident? :D

He did well there but, tbh, it's only Burnley :D

Anyone here who has Dzeko...

Anyone thought him to place shots?

He already has shoots with power, plays with back to goal and stops play.

Would they conflict with places shots?

Any ideas?

Thanks

iirc you can't have shoots with power and places shoots as they are the opposite of each other

iirc you can't have shoots with power and places shoots as they are the opposite of each other

Although that seems logical, you can actually do both at one time. For example, on my save, Carlos Vela has the following PPM's that relate to shooting;

- Likes to lob keeper

- Places shots

- Curls ball

- Tries first time shots

If you think about it, you could do all of them at once, although it would be very difficult.

My views on PPM's is that they aren't used every time a player shoots. So having more than one, even if they seem to be opposites, actually adds more variety into a players game which makes them more difficult to play against.

:)

i did :(

it may only be burnley but he has carried on his form and is now top scorer for me

Ha, it's amazing how many people this has happened to!

I probably should have given Rosicky a chance when he came back from injury, but he had Merida, Denilson, Ramsey and Fabregas ahead of him at MC and Vukcevic, Nasri and Di Maria at AML.

Wow, check out my fixtures for this December leading on to January:

Tottenham (A) LC

Wigan (A) PRM

Dinamo Moscow (A) ECC

Tottenham (H) PRM

Everton (A) PRM

Man City (A) PRM

Chelsea (H) PRM

Portsmouth (A) PRM

West Ham (H) PRM

West Ham (A) FA Cup

West Ham (H) LC

Aston Villa (A) PRM

West Ham (A) PRM

Burnley (H) PRM

West Ham (A) LC

I'm going to be getting sick of the colours claret and blue, that's for sure.

Tottenham (A) LC

Wigan (A) PRM

Dinamo Moscow (A) ECC

Tottenham (H) PRM

Everton (A) PRM

Man City (A) PRM

Chelsea (H) PRM

Portsmouth (A) PRM

West Ham (H) PRM

West Ham (A) FA Cup

West Ham (H) LC

Aston Villa (A) PRM

West Ham (A) PRM

Burnley (H) PRM

West Ham (A) LC

That is quite unbeleivable.

The worst I had was in 09 where I played Man U five times in a row.

League

CL

FA

LC

CL

Ha, it's amazing how many people this has happened to!

I probably should have given Rosicky a chance when he came back from injury, but he had Merida, Denilson, Ramsey and Fabregas ahead of him at MC and Vukcevic, Nasri and Di Maria at AML.

thus why i'm playing him at AMC :p

Fabregas as a lone MC so so good for me at the moment, just picks the passes everywhere

What's worse is that that run of games is in the Christmas period, where you're already playing mid-week games, and you have to player on Boxing Day and then the weekend after that... the first West Ham match is two days after the Portsmouth match, and that cluster of fixtures where we played Spurs, Everton, City and Chelsea were all spaced out over two weeks. I have to give Coquelin a debut in the next match because Song is injured, Ramsey is replacing the tired Fabregas and Nasri has to play LW as Rosicky needs resting and Arshavin is injured...

Prior to my match, Man Utd were unbeaten in the league...

So I smashed them 6-1 at home. :D

http://i37.tinypic.com/uomsp.png

In response to RvP, Eduardo, Nasri & Rosicky discussions...

On my save, RvP is doing very well. He's on 8 goals in 12 appearances in the league. Overall, 14 goals in 20.

Eduardo is pretty good but he's the injury plagued one for me lmao. 3 injuries, longest was 4 weeks out.

4 league apps 0 goals, but overall Eduardo's on 4 goals in 9 appearances, so not bad.

Nasri has performed very well in the matches I've played him. He's been performing much better than Rosicky.

Would sell Rosicky over Nasri no doubt.

Tottenham (A) LC

Wigan (A) PRM

Dinamo Moscow (A) ECC

Tottenham (H) PRM

Everton (A) PRM

Man City (A) PRM

Chelsea (H) PRM

Portsmouth (A) PRM

West Ham (H) PRM

West Ham (A) FA Cup

West Ham (H) LC

Aston Villa (A) PRM

West Ham (A) PRM

Burnley (H) PRM

West Ham (A) LC

I'm not sure what's more impressive, playing West Ham 5 times or 7 consecutive claret and blue colours!

Gavin Hoyte?!?!

What a strange way to play - one of the best rightbacks in the game at centreback and a low Prem quality player at rightback!

Don't you have any other CB's you could use?

But if it's working for you I suppose...

Well I'm a wenger philosophie fellower. I always have a young one in the team it help them develope to world classe player

and gavin is very good (slow at the begining but picks up quickly) he has a Av R 7.05 recently

Archived