FM10 Official Arsenal Thread - You can win anything with kids!

arsenal_2111

Mini update with just transfers, comments appreciated

Transfers In

Alphone Areola £700k

Romelu Lukaku £1.7M

Guillermo Ochoa £5M

Vincent Enyeama £220k

Sandro £10M

Nicolas Otamendi £4.7M

Ezequiel Garay £2.9M -- Absolute Bargain IMO

Mateo Diaz £300k REGEN

Transfers Out

Almunia Real Madrid loan £450k

Mikael Silvestre Bordeaux

Gallas £5M Real Madrid

Senderos £5M Genoa

Sold both Gallas and Senderos as Otamendi was better than Gallas IMO and Garay better than Senederos and they were both cheaper :thup:

First XI

GK: Ochoa

DL: Clichy

DR: Sagna

DC: Otamendi

DC: Garay

DMC: Sandro

MC: Denilson - god like

MC: Fabregas

AML: Arshavin - doing really well inside forward role

AMR: Walcott

FC: RVP/Eduardo

very similar XI to mine...

GK: Lloris

DL: Clichy

DR: Sagna

DC: Otamendi

DC: Sakho

DMC: Song

MC: Van der Vaart

MC: Fabregas

AML: Rosicky - smashing it since his come in, keeping Arsh and Nasri out!

AMR: Walcott - player of the year so far, this guy is a monster at inside forward

FC: RVP - getting sick of his inconsistencies

Currently 3rd in the table, 3 points behind Chelski in top spot. P11 W7 D2 L2.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10897322.th.png

Half way now, going pretty good, although Chelsea stole a sneaky 3-3 draw at the Emirates :/. Love the new tactic system, its much more easier now.

Everything gets overshadowed by the finances ofc :(, Real is interessed in Sagna, I asked for 22 mil, hope they wil make an offer, but doubt it. Also having big trouble to sell players, no-one seems to be interested in Traore, Diaby, Rosicky and Vela, only offers where I get nothing and everything spread over 48 months :(

I don't know why but my monthly expenditure is £14M per month, whereas my income is only £8M per month. I'm a good £100,000 below the wage budget as well. For some reason I don't think this is quite right, but then I don't know how much money Arsenal lose a month in real life.

8th September 2009.

Transfers In:

Hugo Lloris £21M

Diego Lugano £7.5M

Jérémy Toulalan £29M

Sandro £9.75M

Nicolás Otamendi £3M

Antonio Cassano £18M

Édgar Iván Pacheco £1.1M

Transfers Out:

Nicklas Bendtner (Loan) Fee £1.4M

Abou Diaby (Loan) Fee £1.4M

Phillippe Senderos £4M

Formation: 4-1-2-1-2

Starting XI:

GK: Hugo Lloris

DR: Bacary Sagna

DL: Gael Clichy

DC: William Gallas

DC: Thomas Vermaelen

DMC: Jérémy Toulalan

MC: Denilson

MC: Cesc Fábregas

AMC: Andrei Arshavin

ST: Antonio Cassano

ST: Robin van Persie

Results:

Arsenal Reserves 2-0 Win Friendly - Eduardo, van Persie.

Boreham Wood 9-0 Win Friendly - Eduardo x3, Arshavin x3, van Persie x3, Denilson.

Barnet 2-0 Win Friendly - Denilson, Fábregas.

AC Milan 2-1 Win Friendly - Arshavin, Walcott.

Salernitana 2-0 Win Friendly - van Persie, Wilshere.

Burnley 3-0 Win League - Arshavin, van Persie, Fábregas.

Fiorentina 1-0 Win CC Playoff L1 - Eduardo.

Tottenham 1-1 Draw League - Arshavin.

Fiorentina 1-0 Win CC Playoff L2 - Eduardo.

Hull 1-0 Win League - van Persie.

Anyone else having serious problems playing against Chelsea? I play the real life 4-5-1 and they totally dominate me, i hardly get shots on goal....

They beat me home and away in the league ( two of only three defeats all season ) and then in the Cl final...and it continues in the new season with a defeat home and away ( one league and one league cup )

They seem to be the only team that cause me major problems and id hate to have to change formation to beat them but it seems to be the only way.

8th September 2009.

Transfers In:

Hugo Lloris £21M

Diego Lugano £7.5M

Jérémy Toulalan £29M

Sandro £9.75M

Nicolás Otamendi £3M

Antonio Cassano £18M

Édgar Iván Pacheco £1.1M

Transfers Out:

Nicklas Bendtner (Loan) Fee £1.4M

Abou Diaby (Loan) Fee £1.4M

Phillippe Senderos £4M

Formation: 4-1-2-1-2

Starting XI:

GK: Hugo Lloris

DR: Bacary Sagna

DL: Gael Clichy

DC: William Gallas

DC: Thomas Vermaelen

DMC: Jérémy Toulalan

MC: Denilson

MC: Cesc Fábregas

AMC: Andrei Arshavin

ST: Antonio Cassano

ST: Robin van Persie

Results:

Arsenal Reserves 2-0 Win Friendly - Eduardo, van Persie.

Boreham Wood 9-0 Win Friendly - Eduardo x3, Arshavin x3, van Persie x3, Denilson.

Barnet 2-0 Win Friendly - Denilson, Fábregas.

AC Milan 2-1 Win Friendly - Arshavin, Walcott.

Salernitana 2-0 Win Friendly - van Persie, Wilshere.

Burnley 3-0 Win League - Arshavin, van Persie, Fábregas.

Fiorentina 1-0 Win CC Playoff L1 - Eduardo.

Tottenham 1-1 Draw League - Arshavin.

Fiorentina 1-0 Win CC Playoff L2 - Eduardo.

Hull 1-0 Win League - van Persie.

Can I just say, you're going to be financially crippled after spending that. I'm assuming most of that £90million is over 48 months? Arsenal lose a lot of money each month anyway, I think you're going to regret that.

You sold Senderos for £4mil, and bought a player who isn't as good and is much older for almost double.

You have Song and Denilson anyway, buying Toulalan wasn't exactly needed, especially for that price. Then you buy another defensive midfielder in Sandro?!

Then you have van Persie, Vela, Bendtner, Eduardo who are all good enough to start, but buy Cassano?

Meh, it's done now I suppose :D

Can I just say, you're going to be financially crippled after spending that. I'm assuming most of that £90million is over 48 months? Arsenal lose a lot of money each month anyway, I think you're going to regret that.

You sold Senderos for £4mil, and bought a player who isn't as good and is much older for almost double.

You have Song and Denilson anyway, buying Toulalan wasn't exactly needed, especially for that price. Then you buy another defensive midfielder in Sandro?!

Then you have van Persie, Vela, Bendtner, Eduardo who are all good enough to start, but buy Cassano?

Meh, it's done now I suppose :D

I think he somehow has Dennis Wise calling the shots, crazy dealings.

Thanks Arsenal2111, Did it take a lot of training to get him like that or was it a natural development?

Bit of both tbh. I have him on the same schedule as all my other strikers, and have given him quite a lot of games.

Season 1

26 games 13 goals

Season 2

38 games 21 goals

Season 3 up to January

32 games 24 goals

My English lads are doing fairly well. Watt played a few games before being shipped off on loan, his stats arent brilliant but his physical stats are pretty good, did well in the league cup. I've finally got Lansbury back from his loan spell, he's played 5 games and scored once, average rating of 7.62 which isn't bad at all. Also got Gibbs who's played a few as backup to Clichy in cup competitions, Theo is getting a few games here and there and has 5 goals so far this season. Wilshere though.. wow. He impressed on his loan spell at Crystal Palace, got him back and immediately played him AMC, he scored a hattrick on his first game back, I'll give him a few games - if he keeps that up it'll be hard for Arshavin to get back in the side!

How is everyone else finding our English youth? Bartley is looking alright too, slowly improving.

Walcott - great, first choice AMR since season 1

Wilshere - never loaned him out, want him to be a one club player until he retires. Developed well, performs at MC, AML or (my favourite position for him) AMR

Gibbs - very solid, would be first team if I sold Clichy and I'd have no worries with hi stepping up

Bartley - stats don't improve much, left on a free in summer 2011 to Watford

Watt - released when he was promoted to reserves

Lansbury - nothing special, a couple of cup goals but will probably leave summer 2012

Simpson - loaned him out every season, does well in Championship but nothing better than that

then my English signings

Ross Jenkins - decent backup player, passing stat of 18!

Scott Loach - backup goalkeeper, as good as Ochoa tbh

James Wallace - stats good for 16, they didn't improve...

Arsenal2111, hows Nordveit doing on your game? I'm in the middle of deciding what to do with him. A screenshot would be nice too :)

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/arsenal_2111/nordtveit-1.png

He's alright, I suppose he could be backup. He's only just got back from a loan at Cardiff where he did well, I might give him a couple of first team games but there is Vermaelen, Senderos, Otamendi, Clemerson (regen) and Alexandre (regen) ahead of him.

How's Merida doing for everyone? I'm in February and he's really impressed me with 3 goals in 8(9) appearances. He's improving technically wise as well. Ramsey's also done well for me when he's played.

Merida has done pretty well. Got about 40 apperances in his first two seasons, just 3 goals though.

Season 3, he has been doing a good job on loan to Newcastle in the CCC.

Song isn't up to standard. Neither is Senderos as a reliable back up. Vela and Bendtner not good enough to start...

A lot were over time, some upfront.

Anyway, drew 1-1 with Juventus.

Song turns into a fantastic player, he was my DM for my title winning first season and his stats shot up. Senderos is great cover tbh.

Vela and Nik are awesome if used properly.

Well guys I cannot believe what has just happened. I have just finished the 2nd leg of my champions league qualifier and I lost the tie and im out :(

I cannot f**king believe what happened. I won the 1st leg 2-1 at the emirates. That game was a typical Arsenal game, 2-0 and cruising and then a defensive lapse allowed Anderlecht back into the game.

Well going back to Brussels for the 2nd leg I was pretty confident in achieving a result. I played my full team as I know how important the champions league is and for 32 minutes my Arsenal team played some absolutely wonderful football, we absolutely ripped the Anderlecht team to shreds. After 32 minutes it was 3-0 to us with RVP bragging a brace. 3-0 up and leading 5-1 on aggregate with 3 away goals I was loving it.

But to my absolute disbelief my Arsenal team fell apart, I literally am sitting here typing this in utter shock as to what just happened. Anderlecht went on to score 5 in a row and won the tie 6-5

1znr4a0.jpg

I am absolutely livid with my team for throwing this away, no champions league football is just unheard of. I cant believe ive got to play in the europa league next season :mad:

Song isn't up to standard. Neither is Senderos as a reliable back up. Vela and Bendtner not good enough to start...

A lot were over time, some upfront.

Anyway, drew 1-1 with Juventus.

Song is more than good enough backup, versatile too. He can cover DC, DMC, MC or either full back position.

Senderos has been my first choice defender for seasons 1, 2 and 3 and is great. He's also my 3rd choice captain.

Vela has 58 goals in 2 and a half seasons.

Bendtner has 44 in the same amount of time.

Anyway, it's your game. Good luck!

Bendtner has only played twice for me. Truth was I planned on selling him but knew that I'd only get loan offers in the first windows. I'll try my luck again in January.

Mattia Destro, on the other hand, is my top goalscorer in all comps. 7 in 8 matches. Not bad for an 18 year old.

EDIT: BTW, I'm having an issue with Manuel Almunia. About two months ago he said he was worried about a "lack of managerial discipline" and want to "discuss it with the backroom staff and players". Two months on, and he still has the same concern. I don't know what to do.

Bendtner has only played twice for me. Truth was I planned on selling him but knew that I'd only get loan offers in the first windows. I'll try my luck again in January.

Mattia Destro, on the other hand, is my top goalscorer in all comps. 7 in 8 matches. Not bad for an 18 year old.

EDIT: BTW, I'm having an issue with Manuel Almunia. About two months ago he said he was worried about a "lack of managerial discipline" and want to "discuss it with the backroom staff and players". Two months on, and he still has the same concern. I don't know what to do.

Just warn players whenever they get sent off/play really badly. That should make it go away. When he is happy again, stop warning for performances and carry on with the sending off warnings/fines. I have a fine scheme like so;

First sending off - warning

Second sending off - 1 week fine

Third + sending off - 2 week fine

although I'm planning on something a bit different for next season.

Kacar and Veloso, though Veloso sucks this year, very inconsistent, Kacar is a real must-have :thup:
I bought Kacar and Gilberto for the DM spot, both seem to be doing well.

I was a little worried about trying Kacar with some stats rather low ( stamina, natural fitness and positioning ) but will give him a go on my new game, as i couldnt get much out of Veloso or Sissoko in my first game.

This is an absolute joke... I played Wolves at home and lost 3-1. Absolutely outclassed. Miljas scored two thirty yarders after Wolves passed the ball around like we do in real life. I haven't got a ****ing clue what happened there.

Sean 3H... what tactic are you using?

I'm using 4-1-2-1-2.

GK: Almunia

LB:Clichy (Full Back [Defend]

LCB:Vermaelen (Central Defender [Defend])

RCB:Gallas (Central Defender [Defend])

RB:Sagna (Full Back [Defend])

DM:Gilberto/Kacar (Defensive Midfielder [Defend])

CM:Fabregas (Advanced Playmaker [support])

CM:Lansbury/Nasri/Rosicky (Box to Box Midfielder [support])

AM:Arshavin/Nasri (Attacking Midfielder [Attack])

ST:Van Persie (Trequartista)

ST:Bendtner (Target Man [Attack])

Arshavin has 19 goals from AM, RvP has 17 and Bendtner has 16.

I'm using 4-1-2-1-2.

GK: Almunia

LB:Clichy (Full Back [Defend]

LCB:Vermaelen (Central Defender [Defend])

RCB:Gallas (Central Defender [Defend])

RB:Sagna (Full Back [Defend])

DM:Gilberto/Kacar (Defensive Midfielder [Defend])

CM:Fabregas (Advanced Playmaker [support])

CM:Lansbury/Nasri/Rosicky (Box to Box Midfielder [support])

AM:Arshavin/Nasri (Attacking Midfielder [Attack])

ST:Van Persie (Trequartista)

ST:Bendtner (Target Man [Attack])

Arshavin has 19 goals from AM, RvP has 17 and Bendtner has 16.

interesting, what are your main settings? fluidity, etc?

I like the new tactics creator, since it does make changes easier to make, but I'm struggling to come up with a solid tactic to build upon.

interesting, what are your main settings? fluidity, etc?

I like the new tactics creator, since it does make changes easier to make, but I'm struggling to come up with a solid tactic to build upon.

I've not changed the main settings too much, found that too much tinkering didn't seem to work. Philosophy is Fluid, Attacking strategy (Control for away games normally), passing style is shorter, and that's about it. Left pretty much everything else as default.

I just made an Arsenal save, My main aim is to keep the core of the team together, after all we don't need to change too much. Arsenal need a midfield hardman with a great tackle to stop those balls coming through to challenge the defense. Angelo Palombo is a quality player that possesses fantastic attributes for this role, at a cost of £14 million, he comes at a hefty cost. My next aim was to bring in another coach, Franco Baldini is always a quality coach that fitted the bill, so I decided to get him in. Next I wanted to bring in some decent youths in to give competition to the main players. Mario Gotze from Dortmund comes in for £1.5 Million. He is a quality AM that should come into the first team within three years. Next young Englishman Liam O'Brien comes in from Portsmouth for a small fee of £28k. He is a quality Goalkeeper that may feature in cup games along with Gotze. I also wanted to bring in some competition for the Centre Defence position, simply Mikael Silvestre is not good enough so he will be in the reserves for awhile, so Nicolas Otamendi comes in for next season. I then wanted to sign a Target man that can provide assists and flickons for the Pacey strikers Robin Van Persie and Eduardo. I was looking around for a decent player, the usuals such as Amauri and Luis Fabiano, they were asking for stupid money of £30M plus and that is not going to happen. I then looked at Fernando Llorente and he fitted the bill. He did come at a hefty fee of 15 Million but I think he will score some crucial goals. As I said before I didn't want to change much, I just wanted to add the extra bit of class.

Transfers:

arsenalxv.th.png

Results so far:

arsenal3.th.png

All in all a great start, I'm happy with Llorente as he is far better than Bendtner who may find himself on the transfer list.

September 26th update

I can give you guys screenshots if you want.

Premier league: 7th (Ive got one game in hand BTW)

CL: Got knocked out i first round to fiorentina

Europa League: In group stage with FC Twente, Lazio and FC Timisora. Only played 1 game beat FC Twente 5-4

LC: Beat Milwall 3-1 in 3rd round got Man Utd in 4th

on the bendtner, debate he has made only two starts for me by mid december (Halfway first season update coming soon) and has made 11 appearences in total but has scored an enourmous 9 goals - the one lower league opposition he started against he didn't score, so all of those are prem league goals. I was really worried about having him as a backup but now i'm confident that when soldado eventially dips in form/gets injured he'll be able to step up.

Also Song is awsome don't sell him! And i'm so so so glad that i turned down a last minute offer for denielson (was concerned that ramsey was too young to provide backup) as he too is a supersub.

Archived