Veterans/Legends that you can attract to a Mid-Low Prem Team like Fulham?

pauliowigs

Hi, sorry if this has been covered i did have a little search.

Basically I've started a FM09 game with Fulham and what with FM10 coming out its only going to be one season long.

With that in mind i've started mucking about - offering to pay for players after 50 premiership appearences, allowing me to sign plenty of players! I was inspired to do this after i read on here how people have attracted Beckham to the likes of West Ham and Fulham. I'm playing with the data update/patch of 9.3.0.

So far I have been able to attract.... Saviola up front, Riquelme, Beckham, Kily Gonzalez, Rivaldo and Appiah in midfield.

As you can see i'm after household names, it doesnt matter if they are lslightly past it but they must be able to compete in the prem. Its at the back im struggling. Does anyone know of any famous fullbacks you can attract to Fulham in the first transfer window? I was so exceited when i found Roberto Carlos but he had no interest at all... I could also do with a famous Centreback - sol cambell wouldnt agreee terms with me, so i had to sign Dabizas as i figured he'd won a Euro competition!

Any help would be grand!

How about Cannavaro at CB? Think Michel Salgado would be available also. Maybe Zambrotta? Doubt Javier Zanetti would want to leave Inter. Other possibilities further up the pitch would be Edgar Davids, Hernan Crespo, Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Eidur Gudjohnsen.

Second season into my save i noticed Fulham i'd acquired Adriano(Brazilian striker) from inter for around £4mil, try checking for his availability.

I got Adriano on a free in 2010 on my game as Man Utd. Good back-up for my star players that cost me nothing, but the year after I sold him for 10M to spurs. :thup:

Archived