The 2007/08 Chelsea Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good job he wasn't because it would have been a ****ing atrocious decision if he was, he didn't even slide in on the 2nd, would have never merited a yellow, hopefully they'll show it on motd and you'll see

other than those 2 challenges he did nothing of note in that area

anyway, enough squabbles, i thought it was a good open game

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">he didn't even slide in on the 2nd

Haven't seen the challenges but that's awesome reasoning for it not being a yellow icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

doesn't matter i covered my point by saying neither challenge was dirty and there was no reason for him to see red

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

I'd be right in assuming he has all the needed badges that Avram doesn't seeing that he managed Ajax in the CL.

To be fair, we (Ajax) lost in the third qualifying round both last year (against Copenhagen) as well as this year (Slavia Prague). To make matters worse, we got eliminated this week in the UEFA Cup by Dinamo Zagrab. icon_frown.gif (we lost at home to all three of them ffs...)

Originally posted by Benoit2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

I'd be right in assuming he has all the needed badges that Avram doesn't seeing that he managed Ajax in the CL.

To be fair, we (Ajax) lost in the third qualifying round both last year (against Copenhagen) as well as this year (Slavia Prague). To make matters worse, we got eliminated this week in the UEFA Cup by Dinamo Zagrab. icon_frown.gif (we lost at home to all three of them ffs...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I watched the game v Dinamo, I couldn't believe you guys lost at home

Originally posted by James B:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ricky Riccardo:

but el hadj GRUB icon_mad.gif should have been sent off.

you'll have to explain why </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Him and Campo were being a bit grubby I thought and there was a few instances were a second booking wouldn't have gone astray IMO.

but not to focus on that, Bolton played well and were unlucky.

i would presume he's been promised a head coach kind of role, with avram being moved upstairs to some kind of director of football thing.

i'm basing that off ten cate saying he didn't want to be anyone's assistant any more, but maybe he had his mind changed by an extra zero on his salary.

Just forget the "wrong style" rubbish, etc.

There are 2 brilliant managers in Lippi and Capello who are free, and who both have stated in interviews at different points of time, that they would love to manage in the EPL.

They both have success written all over ffs

Originally posted by Ratinho:

Yeah, so did Mourinho mate.

Doubt Roman wants strong independent managers tbh. Rather some fat tool who'll happily talk about a role at Chelsea while he's still supposed to be managing the biggest club in Holland.

I really don't know what to think. Roman is far from stupid - they way he earned his first money proves that. And there are no talks of a takeover, so I assume he's still interested in the club...

Plus he basically ownes CSKA Moscow too, and that was a very good experience of having great players, but achieveng nothing until a strong manager (Gazzaev) came in and brought the UEFA Cup to Moscow. And he's no puppet...

Something serious is going on. Either Ten Cate is brough in to be Hiddinck's crew. Or there is a preliminary agreement of Rajkaard coming in in the summer (and maybe bringing Ronaldinho too).

Just wish it was all sorted and over faster. The club is going down meanwhile icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

I think what ratinho is saying is that chelsea is roman's play toy and wants control himself.

It's what I said, and what is entirely the unarguable case too. Ajax'd have to sell Huntelaar to keep Ten Cate. Probably.

Infact just buying Huntelaar would probably sort more issues for Chelsea than taking this jolly red faced f**ker.

Originally posted by Dutch Dave:

Ten Cate one of the most hated men in Amsterdam currently...

Not by me. Not his fault Ajax sell high, then buy nothing apart from some old Spanish all but retired players and some other mediocre players. (Well, and Suarez of course, but one swallow <> summer) I hate saying it, but it's about time we learned a lesson from P$Vs scouting.

Originally posted by DJ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dutch Dave:

Ten Cate one of the most hated men in Amsterdam currently...

Not by me. Not his fault Ajax sell high, then buy nothing apart from some old Spanish all but retired players and some other mediocre players. (Well, and Suarez of course, but one swallow <> summer) I hate saying it, but it's about time we learned a lesson from P$Vs scouting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ten Cate wanted some of those mediocre Spanish players here.

Ten Cate is hated though because it feels like he's 'jumping ship'. And it's not very chique that he talked to Chelsea without informing Ajax about the whole thing.

Anyhow. There's a big effort to go and get 5k of us to Wigan on the third for the away game. I'm already going.

Tickets £20 and there's loads being organised all over.

Have a look on cfcnet about it. Was brilliant atmosphere up there last year, so get on it!

"Most of the black community are fans of Arsenal, the Jewish community support Tottenham, in the most disadvantaged area of London they're fans of West Ham, and Fulham are a small club but with a strong nucleus of fans," The Sun quotes Mourinho writing in a new book.

"And then comes Chelsea, a cosmopolitan club, with fans famous around the world, like Bryan Adams, Claudia Schiffer and Chelsea, the daughter of former president Clinton.

"And there's a common denominator among them all - they're foreigners, which fits in with the general profile of the fan of the club. Whoever is a foreigner and leads a life above the means of the average citizen is a fan of Chelsea because Chelsea have the most expensive tickets, the most expensive meals, their social life around the game is more important than that of other clubs.

"It's the soft sort of fan who doesn't get behind the team a lot, who don't organise themselves into fan groups, with the cheering on that is characteristic of the image of English football.

"They create a different atmosphere because a lot of our fans also go to the opera, the theatre, other types of shows that don't lend themselves to lots of shouting. That's the Chelsea fan.

"That's why Chelsea have some difficulty in asserting themselves as a great club of English football."

Discuss.

• Administrators
Originally posted by Walrus:

Anyhow. There's a big effort to go and get 5k of us to Wigan on the third for the away game. I'm already going.

Tickets £20 and there's loads being organised all over.

Have a look on cfcnet about it. Was brilliant atmosphere up there last year, so get on it!

Ticket and train (£10 train guys) booked on Monday. Wigan was awesome last year, I expect the same this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Found on page 6, what a poor show in here after all thats been going on. icon_frown.gif

Didier wants to go, devastating, the worst news we could have had after Jose, although is anyone actually surprised?

JT out again for the next 3 weeks...

Ash out for a month....

Bridgey's Suspended so I'm guessing a defence tommorow of..

Belletti - Alex - Ricky - Tal, Boro not exactly firing on all fronts but we lost the last two games there so I'm not exactly full of confidence going into this game but we should still win it.

I guess the good news is Lamps and Didier will start so the main supply of goals will back in full force.

I'd like to see a standard 4-4-2.

Belletti - Alex - Ricky - Tal

Joey - Ess - Lamps - Malouda

Didier - Pizzaro

C'mon The Chels!

Archived