The 2007/08 Chelsea Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alves won't be coming to us for now, no matter how badly behaved he is at Seville. We're not going to be selling Belletti immediately after buying him and since Jose is quite fond of Paulo Ferreira he's unlikely to let either player fall into the 'third choice' RB role. I'm still hoping we'll nab him at some point, but we're going to have to suffer through at least six months of the Belletti/Ferreira combination.

COLE`S CHELSKI FUTURE IN DOUBT

Posted 30/08/07 08:20EmailPrintSave

Joe Cole's future at Chelski is reportedly in doubt after a shouting match with Jose Mourinho last weekend.

Cole has not started a league game for Mourinho's side yet this season, despite starting England's friendly against Germany.

And the Daily Mail reports that the pair argued about the midfielder's role in the side after Chelski's match with Portsmouth, in which Cole only played 15 minutes.

Cole's lack of chances so far this term led to him questioning whether he is in Mourinho's plans, to which the Portuguese boss replied that he has not merited a place in his starting line-up so far.

The Mail claims that the argument was such that chief executive Peter Kenyon had to be called in as a peacemaker.

Despite the bust-up, Chelski are reportedly unwilling to sell the midfielder, but nevertheless former club West Ham are keeping tabs on the situation.

Cole joined Chelski from West Ham for £6.6million in 2003, and the Hammers are one of the only clubs who could pay his £80,000-a-week wages.

According to the Mail, 'sources at the club' claim their relationship is 'strange', and that Cole is unsure about his role - if any - in the side.

Probably ********, and the mail just filling up spare column inches, but Joe is one of my favourite players, and i'd be GUTTED to see him leave. I reckon his absence was massive last season.

Cole going nowhere, not even worth discussing.

Can't be to unhappy with the draw, should get through comfortably enough just based on games at home, although all three games away will pose problems of a different kind, I don't see we can't get between 6 and 9 point's out of them.

Have the fixtures been released yet?

Rosenborg - Tues 18th September - Home

Valencia - Weds 3rd October - Away

Schalke 04 - Weds 24th October - Home

Schalke 04 - Tues 6th November - Away

Rosenborg - Weds 28th November - Away

Valencia - Tues 11th December - Home

So assuming the fixtures in the league stay the same, we follow our european games with the following.....

Sunday 23rd September - Man Utd Away

Sunday 7th October - Bolton Away

Saturday 27th October - Man City Home

Saturday 10th November - Everton Home

Saturday 15th December - Arsenal Away

I have Arsenal away as a 3pm KO, is this not a TV game?

Reasonably happy with the order of fixtures, could well be an advantage to get the trip to Valencia out of the way early, and hopefully have wrapped up qualification by the time we play them at home.

Reports that we made a last day push for Ricardo Quaresma in a deal that possibly could include Paulo Ferreira..

Bit unlikely after what Kenyon said but it would be a great bit of business since Quaresma is top quality icon14.gif maybe Real bidding for him pushed us into bidding too.

Still he will cost more than 30M€..lets wait and see

I had to laugh at Rafas comments about everything going against them. Mascherano was a harder and longer transfer than Tevez? Haha. I take it the miss the fact that Mascherano was not allowed to play for more than 2 clubs over a period of time, but its ok for Liverpool to chnage this. Also finish 5th and still get into Champions League, i dont care if they won it or not, Everton play 38 games and merit a place there. But still everything goes against them Poyple. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Everton got a place in the CL.

Think he's more talking about the fact Liverpool did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They won the Champions League, they deserved a place. farcical that there wasn't one, and other FAs have just kicked the 4th/3rd place team out for a side like Madrid in the past.

Basically, it was whiny guff.

Originally posted by Irish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

So i'm best taking him out of my FF side?

Yeh he has a torn thigh muscle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bugger. He's been **** hot of late. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Everton got a place in the CL.

Think he's more talking about the fact Liverpool did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They won the Champions League, they deserved a place. farcical that there wasn't one, and other FAs have just kicked the 4th/3rd place team out for a side like Madrid in the past.

Basically, it was whiny guff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, imo Everton should just have had to do one. Either that or Liverpool should've been good enough to finish 4th. I'm not arsed tbh, although the Masch transfer does irk slightly.

According to Physioroom.com a complete rupture of the thigh muscle (which to me seems like a tear as opposed to a strain) could mean 3 months out (including rehab etc)

Big loss if thats the case - when is Ballack back ??

Originally posted by Chapman:

Rosenborg - Tues 18th September - Home

Valencia - Weds 3rd October - Away

Schalke 04 - Weds 24th October - Home

Schalke 04 - Tues 6th November - Away

Rosenborg - Weds 28th November - Away

Valencia - Tues 11th December - Home

So assuming the fixtures in the league stay the same, we follow our european games with the following.....

Sunday 23rd September - Man Utd Away

Sunday 7th October - Bolton Away

Saturday 10th November - Everton Home

Saturday 1st December* - West Ham Home*

Saturday 15th December - Arsenal Away

Fixed with Home games in bold, clearly not with it last night icon_frown.gif

Meant to say its a shame about Glen Johnson, he was the first buy of the new era, clearly the right decision to sell though as he really hasn't learnt anywhere near as much as he should have playing with the players he has.

I can't imagine getting alot better anytime soon and just feel maybe he didn't/doesn't want it enough, we should have just kept an eye on him at West Ham a couple more years, he was progressing well enough there.

Having said that, I wonder if a sneaky "Buy Back" clause has been put in the contract, you know, just in case he does produce a miracle and learn how to defend. icon_smile.gif

Archived