The 2007/08 Chelsea Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

You saw him against Birmingham and he was ***** icon_biggrin.gif Still yet to confirm if you're joking or not, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Come on Alves!

Yes. He was rubbish. How many good passes, crosses, dribbles and shots did he have????

You'll see me popping along enough to show you that he's rubbish and not Chelsea standard by a mile.

Originally posted by orion318:

Marca must be ****ed since they claimed this morning Alves had put his transfer to Chelsea on hold waiting for Real icon_biggrin.gif

according to various sources it's 32M€ (25M£)..still a lot but certainly not a silly price

Real decided late on that they were interested in him and tried to use Cicinho as part of the deal for him. But they were never in contact properly like Kenyon was with Sevilla's directors.

It is confirmed as €32 now I think.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes. He was rubbish. How many good passes, crosses, dribbles and shots did he have????

The two for our goals were quite good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess SWP racking up two good passes is a remarkable feat for him. That defies his normal game play, and such an impressive feat surely does warrant him MVP of the game. I don't think I've seen SWP manage a 5% passing success ratio in 8 months time or so... and he totally shat on Essien, Kalou and Malouda.

Now let us rejoice in pure awe of this solitary legend again after the Reading match.

SWP is a footballing GOD!

• SI Staff
Originally posted by orion318:

yup, personal terms also shouldn't be too hard.

So will we now loan out johnson again? or sell him since he can't defend

That gets you for DR:

Daniel Alves

Ben Haim

Ferreira

Diarra (if one must)

Cack Johnson

looks like he should be 5th in the pecking order. I'd sell him for any offer.

Originally posted by Reddiablo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes. He was rubbish. How many good passes, crosses, dribbles and shots did he have????

I guess SWP racking up two good passes is a remarkable feat for him. That defies his normal game play, and such an impressive feat surely does warrant him MVP of the game. I don't think I've seen SWP manage a 5% passing success ratio in 8 months time or so... and he totally shat on Essien, Kalou and Malouda.

Now let us rejoice in pure awe of this solitary legend again after the Reading match.

SWP is a footballing GOD! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This ****ing HAS to be a windup.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

yeah, you're talking rubbish mate. he's really quite good

Chelsea Agree 36M Alves Deal; Robben Move To Follow

Sevilla's prized asset is on the way to Stamford Bridge. Chelsea's top brass met with their Sevilla counterparts in a Madrid hotel this evening. They settled on an initial fee of 32 million euros, with 4 more to follow based on various performance related clauses.

As Real Madrid stepped away from the Brazilian, Chelsea will open the door for out-of-favour winger Arjen Robben.

It's just another day in the European transfer market...

Chelsea Agree 36M Alves Deal; Robben Move To Follow

Alves To Chelsea

Chelsea have agreed a fee for Sevilla's attack-minded right-back Daniel Alves.

The roving defender shot to fame over the last two years after a series of powerful performances for the Andalucian side, helping them on their way to two successive UEFA Cups, a Spanish Cup, and a third placed finish in La Liga.

Since signing from Bahia in 2002, the player has slowly but steadily grown in stature, but last season was to be his annus mirabilis and one that ensured the top-tier clubs just could not stay away.

Sevilla were unable to hold onto their prized asset: the player had all but refused to compete in the Champions League qualifiers this week so as not to jeopardise his chances of playing in the prestigious competition for Chelsea.

He had previously spoken out publicly of his desire to play for the London club in a move that will give him a chance to play in the Premiership - perhaps suiting his swift, powerful style - and, of course, receive a hefty pay raise courtesy of Mr. Abramovich.

And it seems that he has tonight got his wish after a Chelsea delegation, including general manager Peter Kenyon, agreed a fee of around 32 million euros with the Andalucian club.

The Blues could yet be liable for 4 million more: rumour has it that there are a raft of extras tacked on to the offer, including international appearance fees.

Robben To Madrid

And this move is not all. It could set into motion a three-pointed transfer switch involving Chelsea, Sevilla and Real Madrid.

After spending around £25m on Alves, Chelsea supremo Roman Abramovich may wish to recoup some of his investment by selling off unwanted assets - such as Arjen Robben. Florent Malouda's superb form as well as ability to fit easily into Mourinho's 4-4-2 has deemed him surplus to needs.

The Dutch winger has fallen from grace at Stamford Bridge and, with Real Madrid standing by with an offer of around 30-35 million euros, now is the time for Chelsea to sell.

Both sporting director Pedrag Mijatovic and president Ramon Calderon comprise a Robben fan club at the Bernabeu. Indications are that a revised bid from Madrid identical to Chelsea's for Alves, will be accepted.

A previous attempt, reportedly including a joint bid for superstar central midfielder Michael Ballack, fizzled out amidst massive differences in valuation.

The money offered for Robben looks healthy.

Reports in Spain suggested Alves was on the brink of completing a move and that the clubs had reached an agreement over his £24.5million switch to Stamford Bridge.

Alves, who is keen to complete the move to the Blues, was left out of Sevilla's Champions League squad for the qualifier against AEK Athens.

The decision to omit the 24-year-old fuelled rumours of an impending move to the London club but a Chelsea statement countered the Spanish reports.

The Chelsea statement read: "Contrary to reports from Spain, Chelsea Football Club has not reached an agreement for the transfer of Daniel Alves from Sevilla.

"Chelsea FC has confirmed its interest in the player to the club but as yet there is no agreement."

Apparently it's still just media talk

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce that 18-year-old winger Scott Sinclair has signed a new four-year contract.

Scott is a member of the first team squad this season, after spending much of last term on loan at Plymouth Argyle.

He was a second-half substitute in the Community Shield and in total has made one start and three sub appearances with his debut at Wycombe in the Carling Cup in January.

Scott joined Chelsea in 2005 from Bristol Rovers where he had made his debut aged just 15.

Nice to see Scott renew icon_cool.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Sam00000000000001:

I really want him to play and i hope he gets a good reception icon14.gif

Will you be giving a lot of stick to Hunt?

That's like asking a monkey if it likes bannanas.

I think tbh Sidwell will get booed and cheered until the game starts when it'll be just boos.

Hopefully it is eventful as last year icon14.gif I enjoyed it tbh , one of my favourite games of the season.

Originally posted by readingfanman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sam00000000000001:

I really want him to play and i hope he gets a good reception icon14.gif

Will you be giving a lot of stick to Hunt?

That's like asking a monkey if it likes bannanas.

I think tbh Sidwell will get booed and cheered until the game starts when it'll be just boos.

Hopefully it is eventful as last year icon14.gif I enjoyed it tbh , one of my favourite games of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point

He will get booed and tbh i will join in but i hope he gets cheers to as he deserves it.

Daniel Alves seems signed icon_redface.gif

SWP would struggle in the conference... that kid is so incredibly bad it's not normal.. granted, he did have an assist, but out of 269 passes, the odd one lands correctly.

Simply has been horrid. I had high hopes for him after his terrible season last year, but he started right where he left off at the Charity Shield already

Ratinho clearly has hacked into his account

Originally posted by Juve4EVA:

Ratinho isn't a raging ****tard though.

he can be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

isn't

Reddiablo on the other hand i have to agree with poyple icon14.gif

• Administrators

Just in case he bothers checking in here, urzreading or whatever your username is, I've seen your post at Hobnob regarding me from the questions asked at cfcnet, simple answer is that opinions can change over time, I can't really remember what I said at the time of the game but whatever it was, what I feel now about Hunt, Reading and everything else is reflected in my comments, and that's surely all that matters?

and they just hit the post. PF Screwed up totally twice since my last post icon_biggrin.gif

3 times, awesome work PF. Seems to be Johnson in the middle of defence so I'm not sure but possibly BK.

Sooner we get Drogba off the better. HOOOOOOOOOF! Just get him off so he can play some ****ing football.

Archived