FM08 : Boca Thread

croaker

argentina-boca-juniors.gif

Club Atlético Boca Juniors known also as Boca Juniors or simply Boca, is one of the most popular Argentine sports club, best known for its football team. Its home base is the neighbourhood of La Boca, in Buenos Aires, and it hosts its home games at the Estadio Alberto J. Armando (La Bombonera).

Boca have won a South American record 17 international titles, second only to AC Milan after losing in the FIFA Club World Cup final in 2007. Their haul includes six Copa Libertadores and three World Club crowns (Copa Intercontinental) and one Copa Oro and Supercopa Masters. The club has also won 22 Argentine professional championships.

Foundation

On 3 April 1905, five Italian immigrants gathered in the Plaza Solís, located in the heart of the La Boca neighborhood of Buenos Aires.[8] Esteban Baglietto, Alfredo Scarpati, Santiago Sana, and brothers Juan and Teodoro Farenga founded Boca Juniors, the use of English language in team names was commonplace, as British railway workers had originally introduced football into Argentina.[9]

Boca Juniors played in local leagues and the amateur second division until being promoted to the first division in 1913, when the division was expanded from six teams to 15. Boca were never relegated; they won six amateur championships (1919, 1920, 1923, 1924, 1926, and 1930). With the introduction of professionalism in Argentina, Boca won the first title in 1931.

Fans

Boca Juniors is traditionally regarded as the club of Argentina's working class, in contrast with the supposedly more upper-class base of cross-town archrival Club Atlético River Plate [24].

Boca Juniors claims to be the club of "half plus one" ("la mitad mas uno") of Argentina's population, but a 2006 survey placed its following at 40%, still the largest share.

The Boca-River Superclásico rivalry is one of the most thrilling derbies in the world. Boca have won 114, River 102 and there have been 100 draws. After each match (except ties), street signs cover Buenos Aires, at fans' own expense, "ribbing" the losing side with humorous posters. This has become part of Buenos Aires culture ever since a Boca winning streak in the 1990s.

In 1975 a film, La Raulito was made about the life of Mary Esher Duffau, known as La Raulito, a well known Boca Juniors fan. She died at the age of 74 on 30 April 2008 on the same day Boca Juniors played a Copa Libertadores match against Brazilian club, Cruzeiro Esporte Clube with the players and fans observing a minutes silence in her remembrance.

Nicknames

Boca fans are known as los xeneizes (the Genoese) after the Italian (especially Genoese) immigrants who founded the team and populated La Boca in the early 20th century. The word "xeneize" is Genoese dialect for the Ligurian word "zeneize", which means "Genoese"

The name bosteros (Manure Handler) originates from the horse manure used in the brick factory that occupied the ground where La Bombonera stands. Originally an insult used by rivals, Boca fans have taken to wearing it with ultimate pride.

Following the team colors, Boca's shirt is also called la azul y oro (the blue-and-gold).

Boca's supporters are known as "Bosteros". There is a society which dedicates its entire life to the team which is known as la número 12 or La Doce (player number Doce or 12, meaning "the 12th player")

The Team

1. Mauricio Caranta

2. Juan Forlin

3. Claudio Morel Rodriguez

4. Hugo Ibarra

5. Sebastian Bataglia

6. Julio Cesar Caceres

7. Pablo Nicolas

9. Martin Palermo ©

10. Jaun Roman Riquelme

11. Leandro Gracián

12. Javier García

13. Facundo Roncaglia

14. Rodrigo Palacio

15. Ãlvaro González

16. Ezequiel Muñoz

17. Jose Maria Calvo

18. Fabián Monzón

19. Neri Cardozo

20. Jonathan Maidana

21. Cristian Chávez

22. Fabián Vargas

23. Jesús Dátolo

24. Exequiel Benavídez

25. Ezequiel Medrán

26. Lucas Castromán

27. Lucas Pratto

29. Gabriel Paletta

31. Josué Ayala

32. Carlos Fondacaro

33. Ricardo Noir

34. Lucas Viatri

(?) Pablo Migliore

I recomend using Kimz v2.1 with v1 layout

also signing a DC + an ST as Martin Palenmos stats decrease very quickly around December November time its the same situation with Ibarra.

GK: Mauricio Caranta

RB: Hugo Ibarra

LB: Claudio Morel Rodríguez

CB: Gabriel Paletta

CB: Julio César Cáceres

CM: Sebastián Battaglia

CM: Fabián Vargas

AMCR: Neri Cardozo

AMC: Juan Román Riquelme

AMCL: Rodrigo Palacio

ST: Martín Palermo

My Main players were Riquelme, Palacio, Palermo, Cardoza and Rodriguez.

at the start you may want to invest in an LB as i didnt and i ended up rejecting a £ 7.5 million bid for Rodriguez because i didnt have cover.

I made two signings

Filipe - Udinese - First window.

Marvin Angulo - Herediano - December window (Ibarra Replacement)

Where has the other Boca Thread gone??? :-(

I have just finished my 2011/2012 season winning the league (apatura and closura) and the libertodres (5th time)and world club cup. finished 2012/2013 apatura winning league, sudamericana (5th time) and world club cup(5th time, beat liverpool)

But the highlight of the season for any boca fan has to be this result.

bocavriverpi2.th.jpg

:-D

• 1 month later...

Well after 7 fantastic seasons at Boca I have decided to do a split save. Man Utd have been underachieving as of late and offered me the job so I thought why not Boca weren't offering a contract so I saved the game separately, took over Man Utd, but kept my Boca game in as a different save. So after 21 league titles, 6 Sudamericana, 6 Libertadores, 5 World Club Championship's, 5 Recopa's I called it a day.

Also quit my job as Argentina manager I won the world cup but international management still has a long way to go in the game it's just not as fun as club management.

It's funny because I know that even though I've taken over at Man Utd, the game I'll play most will be my Boca save lol.

Well it wasn't long before I came back to my Boca save lol.

coming up on 2014/15 season and had to sell Alen Kardec who in his 5 season spell amassed an amazing 402 goals, got £28 mil though.

I seem to recall someone saying they wanted to bring old legends back to the club, it might have been jonahno6 about Gago. I didn't manage Gago but I did just secure the £10mil signing of Carlos Tevez, who has scored 3 gls in as many game thus far.

Been on a selling spree really though, I think I made about 68mil in transfer fee's last season and what with the state of regens in fm08 its hard to find young talent to replace the players I sold with.

On a side note does anyone know roughly when Riquelme retires? its just he's 36 in my game now and still going strong with over 400 league appearances for the club (a new record)

• 1 month later...

I have just been offered the Boca job in June 2010 after managing the Spanish National Team since the start of the game (I will continue to manage them). I have never played in South America before, nevermind Boca so I am a rookie so I would appreciate it if somebody could give me some tips on which players to have a look at?

Here is the current squad that I have just took over:

bocagf6.th.jpgthpix.gif

Thanks

Normally when I go to South America I tend to buy young Brazilian players or old South American stars. Your squad looks good, maybe you should get another striker to pair up with G. Rodriguez, should also get a LB and if you can give your best youth players some games.

Normally when I go to South America I tend to buy young Brazilian players or old South American stars. Your squad looks good, maybe you should get another striker to pair up with G. Rodriguez, should also get a LB and if you can give your best youth players some games.

Thanks mate, I have just had a bid accepted for Guilherme and have offered him a contract so hopefully he accepts! I will have a look at a LB now mate, thanks for the help :).

Just started my 1st ever game in Argentina.I always play in the english prem which has worn off ... so yeah a new challenge although i must some of these lads have class to spare :p i mean wow :p I think ill do okay with this talent :D im thinking of bringing allesandro to Boca from San Lorenzo ...however dont know if he will come because he has just joined (im playing on a Data Update )Might even try for the Zarate brothers and maybe get cavani on loan

Well ive got the oldest Zarate brother and hes immense would love to have the other 2 . He has this trick where he spins expertly and just destroys the defence by pasing to either palacio or Riquelme ... I love this boy !!! And im glad to say my squads pure Argentinian :p

Archived