[FM09] 香港 - Pearl of the Orient

Raware

Don't forget to look in post #2 on page 1 for past seasons summary, club honours list and the players corner, listing the all time club greats

133678-1.png

Happy Valley Athletic Association

愉園體育會

Pearl-of-the-Orient-21-22-2.jpg

Happy Valley - The 2nd third of the season went fairly well apart from the one loss we suffered away at Dongguan...our first league defeat in 51 games :( Dongguan seem to be bridging the gulf in quality some what between ourselves and them. Not good for us but good for the competitiveness of the league. The majority of games between December and March have been cup games, 11 in total, including 2 ACL group games which didn't go too well as we lost both which has left us bottom of the group with no points and a goal difference of -6. The other cup games went well though as we won both the League Cup for the 15th time in a row and the Senior Shield for the 13th time after we surrendered it last year.

League table

Hong Kong - No games for the national side but one item of news is that Liu Yulong, our long serving left back has annouced that he will retire at the end of the season. Yulong gained his first international cap in 2014 and went on to establish himself as the nations first choice left back, claiming 15 international caps.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, there's still chance to qualify as only 2 games have been played but with Saitama in the group i really couldn't have afforded the poor start we've had if we want to qualify. I think it's going to be tough to qualify now but like i say, there's always that slim chance!

You're right, Dongguan are still some way off me but they've already beat me once this season and are making their intentions clear as it took extra time in the League Cup final for us to beat them. They're at a slight advantage as they're classed as a Chinese team but play in the HK league so they can sign Chinese players (in which there are a lot more players of higher quality than HK players) without having them count as a foreigner. :(

133678-1.png

Happy Valley Athletic Association

愉園體育會

Pearl-of-the-Orient-21-22-3.jpg

Happy Valley - Once again we finish the season as Champions, for the 15th time in a row now. Disappointed to have dropped points this year and lose our 51 game streak but the players still managed to win the league comfortably. Mtshali was on fire again this season as he went on to net 35 in all competitions, as was Yan Xiaodong who claimed 24 in all competitions which no doubt helped us a lot! I'm pleased to have regained all of the domestic trophies but our performances in the ACL has once again been disappointing after we failed to once again qualify from the group stages :( It is something that we must sort out and i'll be looking for us to make massive improvements in this competition in years to come to hopefully repeat our feat of 2017.

Hong Kong - No news on the international front as no competitive or friendly games were played.

Cheers Thistles*player, i'm enjoying this save. Although I think my domestic dominance is under threat as Dongguan are slowly bridgeing the gap between ourselves and them.

Only a few of the ex-players in the club great section have retired, Fagner is an unemployed physio and Gerard is employed as a scout for me.

I've roughly £10 million in the bank but i'm losing around £100k-£200k a week :( I keep requesting a stadium expansion and have only had one once, expanding it from 8000 to 12000 which is no where near enough needed to generate the money i need to break even. The council have just turned down permission for another expansion :(

The majority of the players that have gone have been decisions by the chairman who kindly stepped in and accepted offers :mad: I didn't want to lose them but i suppose when i'm such a small club in comparison to the European clubs, i've got no choice but to sell. One in particular massive profit though i made which i can't complain about was Jaouachi. I got him on a free transfer and then sold him for £10 million a few seasons later! Can't really grumble about that kind of profit!

Unfortunately, i've had a massive crash on my PC which has meant i've had to format my hard drive, losing this save game. I didn't have a back up of the save so unfortunately I won't be able to carry on this thread :(

Thanks to all who followed and commented and hopefully once I get my PC and FM back up and running I can begin a new game.

Archived