Englisher Fussball Bund

Goldy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by Moonraker:

An Ode to Goldy on his coming Birthday :-

Happy birthday to U , Happy Birthday to U

Bread & Butter in the gutter, with Boston there too

Happy Birthday to U , Squashed Tomatoes & Stew,

It's goodbye to the teens for the Gold 1. And a dose of Clap too

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Paul. You been buying a new and improved poem and rhyming book especially for Steve's birthday.

Hope you know he will not be editing your team and making them superstars just because you did that little poem for him. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_cool.gificon_smile.gif

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by Moonraker:

An Ode to Goldy on his coming Birthday :-

Happy birthday to U , Happy Birthday to U

Bread & Butter in the gutter, with Boston there too

Happy Birthday to U , Squashed Tomatoes & Stew,

It's goodbye to the teens for the Gold 1. And a dose of Clap too

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Paul. You been buying a new and improved poem and rhyming book especially for Steve's birthday.

Hope you know he will not be editing your team and making them superstars just because you did that little poem for him. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_cool.gificon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More's the pity icon_razz.gif

Thanks everyone, had a really nice day icon_cool.gif and happy birthday to you Steve icon_smile.gif

WBA Update

Well, again we finished second icon_frown.gif This time it was clearly the case of Dave not returning in time icon_biggrin.gif, his assistant just wouldnt let any points droped, i did beat them 2:0 at home but from what i know this was the only loss late in the season for them icon_frown.gif

So normaly after the season i was pi*sed as hell so i decided to sell of some players who pi*sed me off. Denilson was sent to Bayern for 16milion. He and Saha battled for the AMC spot all year with Saha clearly playing better and for Denilson only speaking his price and name, so after the season i decided to give the job to Saha. Players who left were also Bridges, John O Brien, Rhys Evans, Taribo West, Mike Duff etc....so you see i sold quite some people icon_biggrin.gif

New at WBA are John Terry who came on a bosman and now forms a all england defense partnership with Rio Ferdinand, Danny Mills, Seth Johnson and David Prutton. Also on a bosman arived Owen Heargreawes from Bayern. The club also welcomed his lost son Kallstrom, who left the club 3years ago for 10mil and now returned for 1.8 icon_biggrin.gif But apart from that WBA just reduced the squad size and will try again this year, hopefully with more Dave Johnston than his assistant at Rushden icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

After 4 games we have 3wins and 1 draw. Draw came as a 2:2 away to Chelsea with us leading 2:1 till the 84th minute where CM pulled another of his well know wonders. In one attack WBA had 2 pens turned down and in the very same counter attack Chelsea scored the 2:2 icon_frown.gificon_mad.gif

Oh well, that´ll be all icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kjohnston1511:

Right since your 19 goldy, i think you should take 19m outta wba's bank and share it around the rest of us, he obviously cant handle all the money icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be fair if i gave everyone 19m from his money icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone icon_smile.gif

Chris: 2 letter word begins with N and ends with O icon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris101:

sorry to barge in but HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOLDY icon_biggrin.gif

now can i play in ur clan lol<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol.

I doubt it.

If you are interested in join this, or any other game for that matter (in particular, invite - only ones such as EFB), you would be better off contacting the host privately, i.e. email, MSN and so on. In quite a few long term games here, posting in threads asking to join is frowned upon, and probably reduces your chances of getting in. Also, there are various signup threads etc in the forum.

Good luck in getting a game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris101:

lol oh your all being mean oh well what a good laugh and player u are missing ive got good credentials ie taking dagenahm and redrbridge from the conference to division 3 in 1 season ive also won uefa cup with dortmund in 1st season icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive taken Boston into the UEFA cup after 1 season icon_smile.gif

But even if you won the World Cup with San Marino it still wont get you into EFB. I am not bothered on how good someone is.

EFB is invitation only, this means the only way of getting in is if I ask you to join and no other way.

This is a whole group contains players who can have a good laugh icon_smile.gif

I told you my answer above which was No. That is the end of the matter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by If you dont like me, your sister will !!:

Well, again we finished second icon_frown.gif This time it was clearly the case of Dave not returning in time icon_biggrin.gif, his assistant just wouldnt let any points droped, i did beat them 2:0 at home but from what i know this was the only loss late in the season for them icon_frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remind me again where i was in the league before i left, and who it was that set up the squad icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif. If anything kris its just another indication of how písh a manager you are that you cant even win the league when my assistant is in charge and when i let you beat me twice icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif . I look forward to you spending some more millions and equalling your trophy count of last season icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by chris101:

k sorry goldy didnt mean to keep disregarding u saying no just its hard to take icon_frown.gificon_smile.gif from now onill just read ur posts instaead of writing in them[/

QUOTE]

Man this geeza just doesn't know when to quit. I see u posted in EEM's thread and got warned by Silverfox. My advice to you is put your name down on 1 of the subs threads. That way you won't keep getting roasted when u post in an established clans' thread.

thank guys im now a fully fledged member of the nwcm clan as hosted by none other than the great nuno santos icon_smile.gif so ill be playing most of the time now and promise i wont write in this thread again unless im offered a place in the distant future icon_smile.gif

thank guys im now a fully fledged member of the nwcm clan as hosted by none other than the great nuno santos <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh climb out of his arse, EFB >>>>>>>>>>>>> NWCM, and Santos knows it. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

thank guys im now a fully fledged member of the nwcm clan as hosted by none other than the great nuno santos icon_smile.gif so ill be playing most of the time now and promise i wont write in this thread again unless im offered a place in the distant future icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im still wondering which part of NO and dont post in the thread asking to join you never understood.

Well have fun in your new game.I am more than 100% certain that you will not be offered a place in EFB even in the distant future. icon_smile.gif

Villa update - Sunday

Last night saw a huge improvement in Villa's previously gash league form. We started off by beating Liverpool 2-0, and a few good league wins followed that. We narrowly lost 0-1 to Vince's impressive looking City side, and managed a rare win against Boston, in a 4-3 thriller. The signings of Francesco Toldo, Thannis Ioannou, and Dean Ashton boosted the team, and helped get out of the ****e run of form, which had us in the relegation zone, and it appeared that we'd have our first relegation battle on our hands. However, transfer - listed Juan Pablo Angel and Joao Paiva suddenly started scoring, and a change in tactics coupled with Dean Ashton's goals later on moved us up to mid table, with Europe still a possibility for Ashton Villa. We're still in the FA cup, but were knocked out of the Mickey Mouse Cup by Arsenal.

Southampton Evening Echo

Saints appoint Farwell to turn things round at St.Mary's.

Southampton today unveilled their new manager Paul Farwell at a press conference

at St.Mary's.Chairman Rupert Lowe said that it was surprising that Paul decided to apply as he was doing well at Barnsley. Farwell had this to say -"Well when I saw the Southampton job was available it was just too good to turn down. They are a big club and it is my intention to concentrate on reviving fortunes here. I enjoyed my time at Barnsley but felt it was time to move on" He has certainly made a good start with only 1 league defeat since arriving. We will see what the rest of the season brings.

EFB Summary

Vince(CMGAMERDUDE)

Well we start our round up at Maine Road were Man City are having a very good season. Started of the season by qualifying for the Uefa cup via Intertoto, although suffered a shock exit to Clubbe Brugge at the 2nd round followed by a 3rd round exit in the league cup. But of course league form was not affected at all as Man City sit top of the league with an 8point gap. City also advanced to the 4th round of the FA Cup after a 4-1 win.

Dave(kJohnston1511)

Well the season started brilliantly for Rushden, went on a 17/18 game unbeaten run and looked pretty good to defending their crown until they suffered their first defeat. Although in a strong 2nd place and the only team which could challenge the league leaders. Well they won the Charity shield on penalties and the fantastic form of the league was taken into the Champions league were they won the first group stage by only losing 1 game, in the 2nd group stage they have also won their first 2 games. Unfortunatly out of both domestic cups after a quarter final loss in the league cup and an early 3rd Round exit from the FA Cup

Kris(If your, you know the bloody rest of this long name)

Its an average season at the Hawthorns, currently 4th and looking to snatch the 3rd Champions league spot, Although not having the best of seasons in the premiership in Europe they topped their first Champions league group and have also won their first 2 games in the 2nd phase. Despite suffering a 3rd round exit in the league cup, they made up for it in the FA Cup by winning 6-0 to advance to the 4th round.

Steve(Goldy)

Well at The York Street Ground the premiership season started very well with 1 defeat in the first 8 games, then a sudden collapse saw them get about 2pts from 8games but form seems to have picked up again as they only suffered 1 defeat in the last 4games, now in 8th place. An early league cup exit on penalties in the 3rd round was followed by winning in the 3rd round of the FA Cup for the reserves.

Andy(Andy_H)

Cardiff are in the top 10 aswell, curent position is 9th and could snatch another Uefa place with a good run of form. Also in the Uefa cup they were knocked out by french side Paris SG in the 2nd round. Lost in the 4th round of the league cup on penalties but won in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Steve(Robbo)

Well Villa park has seen some ups but a lot of downs, currently out of the top 10 in 12th place, but with some good results could probably sneak into the top 10. Suffered a 4th round exit in the league cup but like others has progressed to the 4th round of the FA Cup.

Mark(Mebucat)

Well after a long spell away Sky Blues manager returns and what a return it was, guided his team to the top of Division 1 and is looking good to finally play premiership football next season. A 2nd round exit in the league cup was followed with a reply needed in the FA Cup 3rd round.

Paul(Moonraker)

Well Mr Farwell got himself a new job and has ended his challenge with Barnsley, new Southampton manager has enjoyed a fantastic league form to take club into the top 3 and looking strong to maybe even win the league after suffering only 1 defeat in sunday's session. The club suffered 1st round exits from both domestics cups but now Farwell is there they are looking good in the vans trophy after a 3-0 win for them to progress to the 2nd round.

Villa

A reasonably good session for me tonight. After the crash, we were quite inconsistent, but still got a few good wins, notably a rare 2-0 win against Cardiff, a draw away to Rushden, thanks to a 95th minute Bjorn Reuter equaliser. \o/.

We're still in the cup, although Swansea managed to take us to a replay after drawing 1-1 in Wales. With 10 men, we came very close to doing a WBA and being knocked out of the cup by a lower div team. icon_biggrin.gif

There is still an outside chance of European qualification, although the more likely route is either the Intertoto or winning the FA Cup.

*********** ANNOUNCEMENT******************

Right lads i have got the new chatroom up and runnin and ready for tonight's session. I will not be there at the start of the session so I have appointed Steve Gold as a manager so he can accept people's applications to join the room. It is restricted access so only us EFB people will be allowed in. icon_cool.gif

People still to join are:

Steve Riddell

Paul

Vince

Mark

The link to the chatroom is here:

http://groups.msn.com/EFBCHATROOM

See you all tonight for some CM fun.

Southampton Evening Echo

Southampton finish with a bang

Saints fans celebrated their team winning division 3 today.Having not lost a game since February , Southampton finished on 96 points , 7 more than 2nd placed

Southport whom ironically they beat 2-1 in the last league game of the seson.

Manager Farwell had this to say - "Well I couldn't have asked more form the team

to be honest. We showed true grit to finish the season in this manner. The players deserve all the credit. Hopefully the financial constrictions that we've been under will ease a little for next season but we'll see".

The team will be on an open top bus touring the city next weekend to show off the division 3 trophy to as many people as possible.

Villa throw away an entire season in 2 games

Title says it all really.

Going into the last season, wins against Leeds in the cup final, and Arsenal in the League, would give us a top 6 finish and a first major trophy. Leeds 2-1 Aston Villa. Aston Villa 1-3 Arsenal. No place in Europe (as far as I am aware), and my 2nd season in the Premiership ended with an 11th place finish. icon_rolleyes.gif

On the plus side, we did convincingly beat WBA, Cardiff, Rushden and Boston. icon_razz.gif

There will be a clearout in the summer, with the overpaid 30+ year olds leaving (they're too young icon_razz.gif ), and several of my many strikers probably going to Steve G's new side Barnet , and Southampton on free/loan deals. Coming in will be 34 year old Javier Zanetti as backup, a couple of young Englishmen, and just about the entire Italian under 21 team. icon_cool.gif

Failed season for Rushden

After winning the league last season, this season in comparison was a totall failure. After some terrible league performances, my side managed to throw away what looked like an almost certain 2nd place. Despite managing to stay with the big spending WBA and Man City, my side never trully looked like they could make it 2 in a row.

In Rushden's first ever season in the cl, we managed to get to the quarter finals after winning 5 out of 6 in phase 1. In phase 2 we were drawn against Inter,Feyenoord and céltic icon_mad.gif. Wins over feyenoord home and away, and against celtic home and away, which included a 92nd min winner at celtic park icon_biggrin.gif (bringing back memories of game involving celtic in a cup final not that long ago irl icon_cool.gif), and an impressive win in milan, ment we again topped the group. In the 1/4's we were drawn against previous season runners up lazio, who included Raul, Crespo and beckham in their squad, we were finally knocked out 1-0 on aggregate after losing in rome. It ended a very satisfactory 1st season in the cl for us, but in the end lazio were to good.

Where now for Rushden? Well if the board again fail to expand the píshy excuse for a stadium we have, then i might well decide to look for a new job, because the club will never go any further untill they get more income coming in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

On the plus side, we did convincingly beat WBA, Cardiff, Rushden and Boston. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just which exactly game you have in mind? The 0:3 you got from me at home where you had less shots on goals than i goals scored? icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

WBA - Wonderfull, Beautiful, Amazing!

WBA have done it again. They stroke back and won the premeier league for the second time beating Rushden and Man. City in a close finnish. It was a rough start for WBA into the season when thing just werent going right so the manager decided to take a risk and break up the "too many" stars team. He sold reigning england internationals Danny Mills and Seth Johnson. Also he degraded Roy Keane to the reserves, not for his performance, but for the sake of giving youth a chance in a season which looked like it wont bring anything.

After those moves, he signed 20year old Alan Michel. An uknown DML from france and invested 15mil into FC Pavel Brozek. WBA also joined england international Steven Gerrard. It just started to work again for WBA and the gap started to close a bit.

But the league title wasnt enough for WBA. After a wonderfull run in Europe WBA even managed to bring the Champions League title back to England icon_cool.gif In a "cracking" final they beat pishy Dortmund 3:0 icon_smile.gif

We also managed to get to the semis of the FA cup where our C-team selection lost 3:2 to Villa but it really didnt hurt with the premier league and the champions league title icon_wink.gif

So what else should i post? WBA are the best team in the world atm icon_cool.gif, and they just got stronger signing the ex Ajax player Mido, David Beckham and Massimo Donati.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by If you dont like me, your sister will !!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

On the plus side, we did convincingly beat WBA, Cardiff, Rushden and Boston. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just which exactly game you have in mind? The 0:3 you got from me at home where you had less shots on goals than i goals scored? icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That one doesn't count icon_razz.gif

HEPBURN SATISFIED WITH CARDIFF'S SEASON

Ok so it failed to live up to the expectations of the previous season but it was still not that bad a season for Cardiff. As everyone found out it seems to be harder in the second season in the Premiership than the first as was the case. No honours for Cardiff this season apart from maybe an Intertoto Cup place. Beaten on penalites against there now official bogey team Tottenham and out of the FA Cup against Man City in the fourth round. There run in to the season's end was hardly convincing as they suffered losses to most of the teams they played most notably a 6-0 hammering against Kris's WBA which i have to say was not expected but well done to him. icon_wink.gif

On the postive side we did manage to beat Rushden 4-0 at Ninian Park which was quite amazing. Hepburn commented, " I cannot believe we have defeated such a quality team by that scoreline". Also there was a victory away from home to Steve's Boston as well.

During pre season hopefully new faces will be brought into the squad along with the possiblity of Hepburn changing to formation. With the budget pretty low at Cardiff spending will be limited but Hepburn hopes to bring in a few new faces to try and push for more honours next season.

icon_cool.gif

_WBA - Wonderfull, Beautiful, Amazing! _

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well at least you're modest. icon_razz.gif

Now the pressure's really on next season, a clean sweep of trophies for WBA is expected. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stephen1_uk:

Goldy could you please put me in as Leeds United?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

You'd be better off contacting him privately - email, msn etc - as posting in threads of invite only games doesn't really go down well. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stephen1_uk:

Goldy could you please put me in as Leeds United?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you please READ THE WHOLE THREAD AND NOTHING BUT THE WHOLE THREAD.

READ FORUM RULES IN THE FORUM HEADER.

After that you WILL understand that EFB (Englisher Fussball Bund) is and always will be an invitation only game. I, that is me Goldy decide who I invite into the game.

I definatly not invite people into my game who MY IGNORE THREAD RULES and those who do NOT BOTHER READING THE THREAD COMPLETELY.

Put your name down on various subs list of other clans and good luck in finding a clan. Make sure YOUR READ the threads otherwise you will get more messeges like this.

If you would of READ it, the VERY FIRST POST says DO NOT POST ASKING TO BE IN THE GAME. Thats the end of the matter, case closed.

Gold-en Fortune For Barnet

Well just as the Premiership season was about to be over, Boston United get a new board of directors who cleared the debts and gave the manager some money to spend.

But still a board that seemed to have lacked ambiton as stadium extension was cleary needed but was rejected.

Well just about to finish another average season for the smallest club in the premiership, I was looking for a new job, not a high profile job though, I needed another new challenge, Barnet, who had a poor season in the conference were looking for a manager......I decided to apply, within days Barnet came back and offered me the position as manager.

I looked at the squad, there were 3 good players there and others who have some potential to succeed. Although lacking money I decided to take the job and go back down to the conference to help improve a club and guide them back to the football league.

Wish list for the new season:

Win everything

What's likely to happen:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get sacked icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont think Torquay or Wycombe are looking for a new manager atm icon_biggrin.gif

For me this coming season is to try and hold onto the 3 very good players that are at the club, then try and bring some more decent talent in on freebies and via loans from the premiership boys.

Get the club into some decent shape as currently they not too well off, then try and make the team into promotion contenders for next season. icon_smile.gif

Archived