*OFFICIAL* FMS 2006 Challenge #2 - We Were One Great by JackSouth

Peacemaker7

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest howells

If a team has been relegated from the Premiership during the game can you take over them for Staege 1. I got promoted with Sheff Utd and stayed in prem for 1 season before being sacked second season! Fulham West Brom and Birmingham are now in the Championship can i take on eof them over?

At the rate I'm going, stage one is not going to be a problem. I had some awesome deals on bosmans and free transfers, and got a sweet 12M TV deal, which enabled me to get some good players. I pretty much got a premiership squad over the summer, without even paying that much. I payed £10M for 8 quality players. (Read the story for more details)

As far as I can figure out, this is a list of teams that qualify for stage two, that haven't ever reached the highest stage of english league football (prem equivalent) before 2001. Correct me if I'm wrong, ofcourse. Also not including conference teams, though I'm sure people wouldn't want to try with a conference team, as it'd take waaay too long.

Barnet

Bournemouth

Bristol Rovers

Burnley

Cambridge Utd

Carlisle

Chesterfield

Cheltenham

Colchester

Crewe

Darlington

Gillingham

Halifax

Hartlepool

Hull

Kidderminster

Lincoln

Macclesfield

Mansfield

Peterborough

Plymouth

Port Vale

S****horpe

Shrewsbury

Southend

Stockport

Swansea

Rochdale

Rotherham

Rushden

Torquay

Tranmere

Walsall

Wigan

Wycombe

Wrexham

York

I would take it to read never played in the premiership (which started in 1992/3)

From your list without looking too closely I spotted Cardiff as a possible team missing and scrub Wigan unless you're using an earlier edition and they haven't made it there since to started.

Getting a bit pee'd off with this challenge to be honest. I'm just not good enough at FM2006 to get a team to perform consistently enough to get to the Premiership icon_frown.gif

So I've dropped back to my (non story at the moment) Weston-Super-Mare game to try and figure out how the damn thing works.

I guess I'll still play the occasional month or so of this challenge, but it's not my first priority game at the moment icon_frown.gif

• 1 month later...

Mine is still going strong, but I'm still not finished with the first season, so I can't be too cocky. And I don't play it as much as some of the other games I started, most notably a came with Lancaster where I created 11 talented youngsters that would start for the team and play forever for the club. There's no chance I'll sell any of them, so I'll just make sure that they always have a long contract, even if I have to use a save game editor to do it icon_wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived