[FM09] Return of a Legend

Modders

This game isplayed on FM09 9.0.3, with the defualt, unedited database. Englaand is loaded down to League 2, and the top leagues from Spain and Italy are on view - only. The game starts in 'England - July 2008' on a small database. All players from England have been loaded. The 'Use real players' and 'Add key staff' options are enabled, and the 'Allow transfer budgets in first window' and 'Enable player attribute masking' options disabled. All detail levels will be at the 'minimum' option.

My manager is based on Teddy Sheringham, so the name is Edward Paul Sheringham MBE, with the nickname set to 'Teddy Sheringham', the DoB 02/04/66, Tottenham as a favourie club, a past experiance of 'International Footballer' and this picture: (I removed the picture as it is huge and messed up the page, but it was of Sheringham in his Tottenham 'Thomson' era shirt pumping his fists to celebrate a goal.)

I elected to start unemployed.

26TH OCTOBER 2009

First, I will get you up to date on the footballing world. Please note I can not use pictures from within my game ATM because whenever I upload them to Photobucket or Imageshack, my browser crashes for no apparent reason. If anyone can offer help on this, please PM me.

Community Shield:

Mam Utd 3 Berbatov 25, Scholes 41, Tevez 46

Portsmouth 2 Defoe 57 Crouch pen 61 Belhadj injured 80

United looked like coasting, but a second half Pompey comeback nearly ruined their day, but they just hang on to lift the Shield.

UEFA Super Cup:

Zenit 1 Malafeev injured 30 Arshavin 115

Man Utd 1 Scholes injured 74 Berbatov 101

(Zenit win 3-2 on penaltys)

An upset in the Super Cup in Monaco. Utd must have thought they'd won it with a goal in the second half of extra time, but a late strike from Zenit's star man Andrey Arshavin took the game to penalties, Zyryanov holding his nerve to put home the winning penalty.

Next up, the Premier League table. (Others will be shown at the end of the season).

Holders - Man Utd

| Pos   | Inf   | Team          |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Arsenal       |       | 8     | 6     | 2     | 0     | 15    | 2     | +13   | 20    | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Liverpool     |       | 9     | 6     | 2     | 1     | 13    | 5     | +8    | 20    | 
| 3rd   |       | Chelsea       |       | 8     | 6     | 2     | 0     | 11    | 3     | +8    | 20    | 
| 4th   |       | West Brom     |       | 9     | 4     | 3     | 2     | 11    | 8     | +3    | 15    | 
| 5th   |       | Man City      |       | 8     | 4     | 2     | 2     | 8     | 5     | +3    | 14    | 
| 6th   |       | Tottenham     |       | 8     | 4     | 1     | 3     | 14    | 8     | +6    | 13    | 
| 7th   |       | Everton       |       | 8     | 4     | 1     | 3     | 12    | 8     | +4    | 13    | 
| 8th   |       | Man Utd       |       | 8     | 4     | 1     | 3     | 9     | 8     | +1    | 13    | 
| 9th   |       | Newcastle     |       | 9     | 3     | 3     | 3     | 10    | 11    | -1    | 12    | 
| 10th  |       | Hull          |       | 9     | 4     | 0     | 5     | 12    | 15    | -3    | 12    | 
| 11th  |       | Blackburn     |       | 7     | 3     | 2     | 2     | 12    | 9     | +3    | 11    | 
| 12th  |       | Stoke         |       | 8     | 3     | 1     | 4     | 9     | 12    | -3    | 10    | 
| 13th  |       | Aston Villa   |       | 8     | 3     | 0     | 5     | 12    | 15    | -3    | 9     | 
| 14th  |       | Sunderland    |       | 8     | 2     | 2     | 4     | 6     | 9     | -3    | 8     | 
| 15th  |       | Portsmouth    |       | 8     | 2     | 2     | 4     | 5     | 8     | -3    | 8     | 
| 16th  |       | Bolton        |       | 9     | 1     | 5     | 3     | 8     | 12    | -4    | 8     | 
| 17th  |       | Fulham        |       | 9     | 2     | 2     | 5     | 9     | 15    | -6    | 8     | 
| 18th  |       | Middlesbrough |       | 9     | 2     | 1     | 6     | 8     | 15    | -7    | 7     | 
| 19th  |       | Wigan         |       | 9     | 2     | 1     | 6     | 6     | 15    | -9    | 7     | 
| 20th  |       | West Ham      |       | 9     | 1     | 3     | 5     | 7     | 14    | -7    | 6     | 
|       |       |               |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

Shocks there in Hull, Man Utd, Arsenal, West Brom and West Ham but anything could still happen at this stage of the season.

Newcastle and Portsmouth have been taken over by former club directors.

Tranmere sacked there manager, but I did not apply for the job.

Derby sacked there manager, I applied but was rejected.

I declared my intrest in one more job. Later that day, there manager was sacked and I was offered the job. They were relegated from the Premier League in the 06/07, which was followed by a huge legal battle involving them and one of my former clubs.

Come on, you must have guessed by now!

blades-badge.gif

Well, come on, they aren't that bad are they? I think they sort of have a case against West Ham, and I do not owe much to the Hammers. I must say, I am much more a fan of Tottenham than them!

I have no transfer kitty and a wage budget of £208.5K per week, leaving me with £18K a week to play with. Brian Howard is making his loan deal with us permanent from the first of January, for £500k from Barnsley, so I am not too sure how the board will handle that with us having not transfer budget. If it has been taken out already, that's OK, but if not I guess it may be taken from the wage kitty, so I will have to wait and see on that one.

We have two fierce ribals in Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds United, and four minor ones - Barnsley, West Ham, Nottm Forest and Rotherham. We have one fan favourite currently at the club in goalkeeper Paddy Kenny. He is our vice - captain, behind centre - back Chris Morgan. Our stadium, Brammel Lane, is a 32,607 all seater with under soil heatinf, in very good condition despite of ageing back to 1855. We have 19,000 season ticket holders. We also boast a youth academy, along with good youth facilities and a top training ground. We have £7.75M in the bank, having made a profit of £3.75M this season. We have loan debts totaling £29.5 M, with £10M paid back in a year, £6M in 2011 and £13.5M in 2027 (!). I have been told 60% of whatever I raise through player sales will be re-invested into my transfer budget.

We have a total of five feeder clubs in our network:

Chengdu in China

WS Woluwe in Belgium

CC Mariners in Australia

Ferencvaros in Hungary

and IFK Mariehamn in Finland.

This shows that we have an influence and knowldge from many areas of the globe.

I am off now to prepare my tactics for my first match away at Preston in two days, so catch ya later, Teddy fans! [/cheesyness]

PS: Congratulations, Saxonaitor!

Before the game, I was told by the board that I could expect a new parent and feeder club, upgraded youth facilities and a £3M transfer kitty,

Preston 1 Hawley 67

Sheffield United 1 Sharp 18

An even match bought a fair result. I played an attacking 4-4-2, and we could have won with many good oppourtunities late-on.

Sax: I can always use that as an excuse if I lose to Norwich in Febuary; but Sheffield United have already beaten them once this season before I came in,

NOVEMBER UPDATE

Sheffield United 2 Webber 1 Kilgallon 45+1

Sheffield Wednesday 2 Fowler 26 Hinds 29

The fans came here and sang their hearts out today in my first home match, and we should have rewarded them with a win. However, we were wasteful in front of goal and Wednesday scored their only two shots all game.

Other Results

1-1 at Notts Forest

1-2 defeat home to Wolves

1-0 defeat away to Cardiff

3-0 win away to Derby

4-2 win home to C. Palace

An indifferent start to my time as manager, 2 wins, 3 draws, 2 defeats. 9 points out of 21. Not really play-off form, and although we sit in 16th we are within 2 points of the drop zone. I could just be a long season.

DECEMBER UPDATE

1-1 home to Plymouth

3-2 win away to Burnley

2-0 win home to Coventry

3-1 defeat away to Charlton

4-1 win away to Blackpool

2-1 win home to Watford

On the pitch, this was an extremely good month, our only defeat away to a Charlton team in a promotion spot, and we are up to 10th - our media prediction at the start of the season, although the greedy board want the playoffs. Still not an immpossible goal, we are seven points behind 6th placed Ipswich with twenty-one games to go. We have got WEST BROM at home in the FA Cup. The board want us in the next round, but I can not see it as the Brom are massively overachieving and challenging for a Champions League place. I have been linked with Man City, but denied intrest; I have only been here two months and won the treble with thire greatest rivals! I doubt it would please any football fans as well, least not the City ones who may have been in two minds about thire uber-rich board. I have decided my squad is gelling well and I will not be changing the squad in the transfer window. Let's hope we can continue our good form into next month. NB: I recieved second place in the 'manager of the month' award.

Archived