Starting a new game, what rules should I apply?

Luffe__81

Hello all

I need some input from all of you on how I should play my new game. I normally tend to buy the same talented players and a few years in I get bored, It doesn’t matter if I’m Newcastle or Tottenham I tend to always end up with the same players. Yes I know what you will tell me: DON’T BUY THE SAME PLAYERS, I’m afraid I’m to weak to resist L I tried one game with Tottenham where I only could buy UK & British players, this was a funny game and it kept me going for a while (5 seasons) but I found out that it was to difficult to really be a contender for the premiership with the foreign limit

I now want to start a new game that looks a lot like the rules I had with Tottenham but maybe slightly more “round in the edge”. I’m thinking to allow signing all the UK & British players that I want and maybe U18 foreign kids, maybe I also should have a max number of kids I can buy in a season.

I’m thinking of starting with Man City (turn sugar daddy off), they have a lot of British players and

I will also have some money to buy some new (British players are expensive L). With the sugar daddy option off it shouldn’t be to unrealistic.

I would really like some advice from you guys; do you think it looks like a realistic plan? Do you have some additional rules that can make the game more interesting? Should I go with another club than Man City? Should the limit on foreign kids be lover (U-17 maybe)?

Thank you for all suggestions and replies.

Play the game how you want, if you want to be Man City perhaps focus on young British talent first, but allow yourself a quota of foreign talent as-well, say three-five a season?

Only rules you can apply are ones you know you can stick with, otherwise its abit pointless.

Play the game how you want, if you want to be Man City perhaps focus on young British talent first, but allow yourself a quota of foreign talent as-well, say three-five a season?

Only rules you can apply are ones you know you can stick with, otherwise its abit pointless.

Thank you. Off course I will play the game like I want to, but I`m kind of hoping that some others have been in my position and maybe can provide some more creativity around the rules. Maybe I should move away from the U-18 policy and allow one foreign player to be signed each season. I`m really unsure which path I should follow.

why dont you just start with a not so big team in a not so popular league??? that way the players you sign every time wont want to come to you but you have the challenge of making the team big enough and sucessfull enough to attract these players

why dont you just start with a not so big team in a not so popular league??? that way the players you sign every time wont want to come to you but you have the challenge of making the team big enough and sucessfull enough to attract these players

That is something I could consider. I actually tried sometimes to take some small Norwegian (My home country) teams to glory. But I guess I have a pretty big facination for England since I`m always coming back to the english league :)

bring leeds united back to european glory...

awake the sleeping giants of nottingham forest

q.p.r have vasts amount of cash and you can build a great british team with them and take them up to the prem.

also... dont forget theres already a stat in game that can help you.. on your manager profile.. theres the 'domestic bias' stat... set yourself a target for that and try and keep above it...

Well, i would try signing just EU players, under say..... 23, so you get good resale value too, and keep more experience at vital areas, GK, CB, mid general. And try going a club who used to be big, forest, leeds, parma, torino, etc, so you can attract players.

I suggest trying to avoid any rules for yourself until the end of the first season or at least not as strict. With domestics only, it's hard to do much in any country the first season. I managed to get 100% Spanish for Zaragoza by the middle of the 2nd season. Gave me a goal to strive for while still playing very well. However, the game got very boring after that, since I didn't want to sell anyone.

Maybe just try and play the game as realistically as possible. If you're a smaller club, and a big club comes in with a huge offer for one of your players, then SELL and replace him. Develop your own youth, as well as a few players poached from smaller clubs. And try and sign new players you've never tried before, but that are very effective in the game - don't think so much about PA and CA and who's known on the forums. Keep loose domestic player rules, such as O'Neill at Villa, or Moyes at Everton, but allow yourself some foreigners that fit into the ethos of the club, and the team personality. Don't overhaul your whole squad in one transfer window, and buy all the top PA youngsters in the game, and end up with an average age of 21, and a whole squad of new wonderkids - just not realistic!

Keeping a single rule won't help....

To make the game more fun you will need a set of rules. Here are some that you could try.

1. Wage budget limit

2. Transfers limit say 3 a season

3. If you want to keep your side British and keep challenging for the honours as well try starting with Aston Villa. Its pretty easy however to make an all Spanish side in the La Liga.

4. Just bring in youth say lesser than 20 years of age.

The toughest challenge will obviously be to start managing with a really lower small club and the least reputation for yourself as a manager.

Archived