Aston Villa F.C - "Turning Potential Into Reality"

cnb4eva

*FA Cup* ( Final vs West Ham–n) / 13.05.06

-VillaXI: Sorenson, Zebina , Chiellini, Mellberg, Ujfalusi, Pedretti, Camoranesi, Farfan, Carvalho, Angel, Baros

A huge day for both sides, both not winning a major competition for a long while. In G.M’s first season in charge he has lived up to his promises, but he would never have considered the possibility of winning something this year. Leo Franco is back, but only takes a place on the bench as he still isn’t match fit. Delgado also misses out but otherwise it’s a strong Villa side to take the field. Can G.M take Villa to the cup and make an already great season a fantastic one?

West Ham have started up very cautiously, but the nerves are there all to see. A goalkeeping error gifts Baros a goal and Villa the lead from a poor back pass. West Ham will need to attack now to get things back on level terms. Villa almost went 2-0 up but Baros then had a goal ruled for offside, but control is all with Villa going into the half-time break 1 up.

2nd half kicks off with Villa still bossing the game in the middle. West Ham almost equalise with a spectacular effort from Reo-Coker which came off the post. But this seems to have woke Villa up who are back in control and Carvalho scores giving Villa a 2 goal advantage. They can only throw this game away now. The quality of Villa are continue to make West Ham look very average indeed, who are without Mascherano and Tevez for this game both unavailable. Their reliance on the pair has shown, with Villa scoring a 3rd right at the end through a great cross to Farfan who put the ball in the back of the net taking Villa to an FA Cup win for the year 2006! Their last victory was in 1957.

Aston Villa 3 – West Ham 0

End of Season Review 05/06:

What a fantastic year it turned out to be for the Villa. Fans couldn’t dream of competing in the Champions League next year, let alone win the FA Cup as a bonus. G.M has clearly brought the best out of the players. It is so difficult to remain consistent in this league, so the aim for next year has to be to maintain what they have achieved this year… but that will be extremely difficult as the standards have been set so high. Farfan averaged the best for Villa this year, and Baros was joint top Premiership scorer with Thierry Henry scoring 25 goals.

League Cup: 3rd Round

FA Cup: Winners

Premier League: 4th = 67 points / (+26) / won 19, drew 10, lost 9

In general, the Premiership race was so tight, with Man Utd winning it on 83 points and Arsenal also on 83 points finishing in 2nd. The superior goal difference of Man Utd counted. Chelsea ended up in 3rd on 77 points and it was Liverpool the major side who failed to make the top 4 being beaten to that spot by the Villa.

Final Standings:

1.Man Utd = 83 points (+57)

2.Arsenal = 83 points (+37)

3.Chelsea = 77 points (+40)

4.Aston Villa = 67 points (+26)

Relegated from the Premiership this season were Watford, Wigan, and Reading.

I know that this is going to sound petty, but starting your story with 50 posts in 5 hours is probably going to discourage a lot a people from reading your story properly. Most people here like to read a screen or two of data each time, otherwise it is too daunting. I'm afraid that I only skimmed your results and transfers as a result, but I can see that you have done well with Aston Villa in your first season.

If you are enthusiastic (which you obviously are), then do 3-4 posts a day and people will most likely follow your story more closely. It doesn't hurt to hold back your writing, even if you are playing further ahead in your game.

So a big icon14.gif for your endeavours, but try not to bombard everyone with too much information.

PS: These are just my opinions, please feel free to ignore me if you wish.

Archived