Will not buy again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dreaded Walrus:

It's like some people prefer how in-depth Morrowind is, and they don't mind that the combat system isn't as good as in Oblivion, while to some people the combat system is the most important part of the game, and they don't mind Oblivion being a lot less of a freeform game than Morrowind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fix'd.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mudilo:

I was a loyal buyer of CM/FM series since 2002.

But 2008 edition is going to be last that I bought.

1.I am not tactical genius and not going to spend days trying to create descent tactic.After all it is just a game.

Playing tactic that I always played before (diamond) simply does not work

2. There is no scout tool for this year. even though it was made by third party , if SI interested in more sales they should provide it.

Please let me know if SI is going to comply with such requests. I am sure that many of your customers agree with me.

respectfully

buyer of football manager series(possible former)

Alex .

P.S. I am also very dissappointed that i was not able to cotact SI by email. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi - for info a play an adapted diamond formation with the 2 central midfielders in the centre and a narrow width all passes through the middle etc etc and am having good success.

I think like any game you'll get back what you invest. Clearly in football tactics are a key part. You'll need to amend / adapt and vary if you want success

I enjoy the game being harder as it makes success much more sweeter and realistic

If you dont want to buy again then thats your choice. If you are having difficulties and want to persever then get some help on the tactics forum

In terms of loyalty I've bought each game, dating back to the original CM series which first started on the Amiga - well I am 43 icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mudilo:

I was a loyal buyer of CM/FM series since 2002.

But 2008 edition is going to be last that I bought.

1.I am not tactical genius and not going to spend days trying to create descent tactic.After all it is just a game.

Playing tactic that I always played before (diamond) simply does not work

2. There is no scout tool for this year. even though it was made by third party , if SI interested in more sales they should provide it.

Please let me know if SI is going to comply with such requests. I am sure that many of your customers agree with me.

respectfully

buyer of football manager series(possible former)

Alex .

P.S. I am also very dissappointed that i was not able to cotact SI by email. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm its called a challenge... wheres the fun in winning everything. You dont need to spend days on end trying to find that winning formula. If your still too impatient then there are plenty of tactics posted by FM gamers across the 'Tactis' forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by llama3:

how about a bit of perspective from everyone, sometimes people dont want to spend ages and ages building up tactics like football manager is the only thing they have in life, some people can make them really quickly thanks to years of playing the game and tweaking, yes si has made undoubtedly 1 of its poorer versions this year, however like every team they cannot be consistently on top every season, an off-season can happen and shouldnt be treated like si are useless idiots who dont know they are doing, things go wrong, its not like they have tried to make it go wrong, it just has.

however if the player is not willing to invest any time whatsoever then this is a shortcoming of his own, yet there is no reason to throw vitriol at him because its not how he wants to play the game.

we should at least wait until fm09 and see how that goes before making a judgement on the football manager series as a whole </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In fairness fella this is a football management simulation game. If the chap is not prepared to invest the time then perhaps this is not the game for him - it may have evolved more than he likes.

I think if posted his comments in a more postive way he may have gained some sympathy and some suggestions of help

As always best place could be the tactics forum so that he can learn what others have discovered and avoid investing his own time. Personally I prefer to do it my own way. Hourses and Courses I guess icon_smile.gif

One persons rubbish may be another's trasure

i am just defending the guy who has been moaned at and abused for trying to share his frustration, personally i have developed my tactics over the last 13 years and no success comes without time invested, yet i do believe that fm08 has been poor, yet i think both arguments need to just look and not get so defensive about the issue

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rashidi1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bratto17:

I was a loyal buyer of CM/FM series since 2002. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2. I am surprised how many a-holes are here.i guess those people just have nothing to do.

3. as a customer i can demand service for the money that i pay and if my demans are not met just not to pay.

QUOTE]

Do you consider yourself an a-hole then? As you are also replying to a reply on your thread? Ladies and gentleman, we have found the a-hole.

And as for your second point, the answer is simple - don't buy the game! Better still, go and create your own Football Management sim and include all the scouting tools and third-party stuff and we'll prove to you that the third-party add-ons aren't the key factors in why SI sells so many copies of Football Manager each year! icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop being abusive, or you will be on postmoderation .. that warning goes out to everyone else too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry rashidi1, I suppose I was a bit out of line. I just didn't like being called abusive names myself, like he was suggesting.

I would like to thank everyone for interesting ideas, but must admit that probalby 2008 version is not for me. I am not ready to spend hours developing new tactic that might not work after new patch is released.

I played FM just to have fun. When i want to fully use my brain i play chess.

Archived