Henry v RVN watch

wycombe

Guest |a|c|h|

I have never before seen a game where a striker plays the whole 90 minutes and fails to find a teammate with a pass even once! And it was not for the lack of trying or opportunities, RvN lost the ball rather easily a dozen times today and his passing was just abysmal. That finish for the goal was indeed fb, however.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by herts2002:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

he who laughs last, laughs longest <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't it he who laughs last, laughs loudest? icon_confused.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's he who laughs last missed the joke icon_cool.gif

TBH, I thought both didn't play well at all in their opening matches, however, both came up with an important play in the dying minutes of their respective games. Alright fair enough that RvN has a goal to his name and you could say that he's 'just' shading it over Henry but in general play I thought Henry did just a bit more or better than RvN in regards to passing, shots on goal(even though they weren't much of a threat) so in the end of all this....I have no idea! Probably even, no?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Amazing Dale Watkins:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by herts2002:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

Isn't it he who laughs last, laughs loudest? icon_confused.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's he who laughs last missed the joke icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop confusing me icon_razz.gif You're the third German showing signs of a sense of humour in the past 24 hours. Careful now, before a national stereotype goes out of the window icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raptor:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Amazing Dale Watkins:

No, it's he who laughs last missed the joke icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop confusing me icon_razz.gif You're the third German showing signs of a sense of humour in the past 24 hours. Careful now, before a national stereotype goes out of the window icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If all goes wrong, then switch to Plan B and bring up the bicycles icon14.gif

i think that goal kinda showed the differences between the 2... it was the kind of predatory instinctive strike that RVN thrives on, wheras henrys skills lie elsewhere

im not sure henry would have been able to score that goal tbh

I dunno, I think Henry has improved that side of his game, assuming a team was playing in that style (and forcing Henry to play a la RvN) I'm sure he'd be getting into similar positions. The old cliche that he's a 'scorer of great goals' not a great goal scorer' seems a little out-dated.

Should we do a 'wonder boy' watch. Ronaldo (1 goal, 1 assist) against Reyes (not good enough to be picked)? icon_wink.gif

I think Ruud's contribution was actually more vital than Henry's. Even though they both effectively 'got a goal' for their team, Holland needed to avoid defeat much nmore than France needed all three points against England.

Great finish from van Nistelrooy. I actually jumped up and shouted when I saw it, as it was such a great goal (only second time i've done that for Ruud, Basle away (massive game!!)). Thought they were both poor throughout their games. henry drifted in and out ineffectively and Ruud tried to set a new record for backing in to defenders.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> In big tournements and big matches in general, Henry seems to disappear quite often in games and produce absoloutly nothing. Van Nistelrooy on the otherhand does tend to pop up with a goal or at the very least, always pose a threat. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Ruud has a great record in massive games and big tournaments. Especially in comparison to World cup and European Championship winner Thierry Henry. You play badly against Jophn Terry three times and people assume you can't play in big games. Weird.

Anyway, Ruud 2-1 Henry, as it stands, although Henry could easily get 1 or 2 tonight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James07?:

Should we do a 'wonder boy' watch. Ronaldo (1 goal, 1 assist) against Reyes (not good enough to be picked)? icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Albeit, good old Cristiano will be able to go for a beer with Jose when he comes back early for pre-season training after the Spain game. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A-Team:

You also told us that Italy would win Euro 2004 if Gattuso was their manager you utterly clueless sp*stic. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats because at least he knows what it takes for Italy to win it all, his suggestions makes more sense than Trapattoni's "Lets defend for 90 minutes and hope for a goal" tactic

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juventino4Life:

Thats because at least he knows what it takes for Italy to win it all, his suggestions makes more sense than Trapattoni's "Lets defend for 90 minutes and hope for a goal" tactic <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's Trapattoni's tactic? I thought the Italian FA have always demanded that the national team plays that way? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juventino4Life:

I told you all Henry is a choker, he is just good in England <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with the first bit. I'm sure that if he went back to Italy, he would be a success. After all, look at Trezeguet and we all know that Henry is 100 times better than f*cking Trezequet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A-Team:

Great thread. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's gotta be HOF when it backfires on wicom so spectaularly... icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not happening icon_cool.gif

At leat ratinho has realised the irony of all the "Henry is a choker" talk coming from Dutch and Italian fans. icon_wink.gif

And as far as big games go, both Henry and RvN are massive chokers compared to Henrik Larsson. icon_cool.gif Yet both are calm big-stage performers when compared to Alessandro del Piero.

I got drunk last night, and mocked Henry & Owen for large chunks of each game. I feel....

Well both them two, and van Nistelrooy hasn't done too well other than the goal. But Henry's performance has been poor to put it politely, you can't really say it's lack of confidence because he had such an exceptional season...

Wenger to take over France anyone?

I have thoroughly enjoyed the marvellous football shown by the Lord Thierry Henry, surely the greatest footballer on the face of the planet. His clinical finishing, the single most important attribute of any striker, is clearly second to none. icon14.gif

Ruud: 1/1

Henry: 0/2

icon_cool.gif

Get lost! icon_mad.gif

Oh by the way, do you reckon Totti will do well next game Italy play, or the one after that, or the one after that... oh, no wait!... icon_confused.gif

Ahahahahahahahaha

Give it up Juventino ffs icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Navy Blues:

At leat ratinho has realised the irony of all the "Henry is a choker" talk coming from Dutch and Italian fans. icon_wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlike "Totti isn't world class" coming from England-fans

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alvaro:

I agree with the first bit. I'm sure that if he went back to Italy, he would be a success. After all, look at Trezeguet and we all know that Henry is 100 times better than f*cking Trezequet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Henry is better than Trezeguet but you've counted 99 times too many.

Trezeguet is excellent at what he does; he's maybe less impressive because he hasn't got all these great skills but he has other qualities; very sneaky and a great threat, inside the box.

I think he's even ahead of Henry as France's top scorer.

And it's only since Santini took over that Trez plays as a first regular. Before that he would just be coming on from the bench.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Thats because at least he knows what it takes for Italy to win it all, his suggestions makes more sense than Trapattoni's "Lets defend for 90 minutes and hope for a goal" tactic <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's Trapattoni's tactic? I thought the Italian FA have always demanded that the national team plays that way? icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If thats true (which it isnt), then why bother having a coach??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alvaro:

I agree with the first bit. I'm sure that if he went back to Italy, he would be a success. After all, look at Trezeguet and we all know that Henry is 100 times better than f*cking Trezequet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont like Trezeguet either, he plays for himself, when he is unhappy, he will play like **** on the field, he only plays depending on his mood

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheCranker:

In Henry's defense he'd have as many goals as Ruud if the ref had of bothered to read the off-side rule. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, that dribble last night against Croatia was perfect, but the linesman and ref fecked it up big time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Liam Harper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheCranker:

In Henry's defense he'd have as many goals as Ruud if the ref had of bothered to read the off-side rule. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, that dribble last night against Croatia was perfect, but the linesman and ref fecked it up big time <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was offside when the ball came of the french defender.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nunation:

Ruud will be the better player in this competition because France doesn't suite Henry's type of play icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuses, excuses icon_biggrin.gif

Archived