Sports Interactive Community
  • Mac

8 questions in this category

1. I receive a game unavailable message when I try and launch the game

After each step, please re-test the issue. - First try exiting and restart Steam - Then make sure your Mac is fully updated - If that doesn’t work, exit Steam and rename the ClientRegistry.blob and restart Steam - If you’re still having issues exit Steam and delete everything except SteamApps under the Steam installation directory, ~/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam, this will force Steam to update when you log in  - Complete the Verifying GCF Cache Files process to repair
    2. I've encountered a crash dump on launching the game

If you’ve encountered a crash whilst starting Football Manager 2019 please try the following troubleshooting techniques in order to try and resolve the issue. Delete Preferences and Caches Verify Integrity of Game Files Once you’ve done this, re-launch the game and try again. If it still crashes at exactly the same point, please create ticket with our Support Team with the following information: - If any error message  appears, exactly what it says - A Crash Report - Your System Inform
    3. I've encountered a crash dump when playing the game

If you’ve encountered a crash when clicking on something or whilst processing in Football Manager 2019 please try the following troubleshooting techniques in order to try and resolve the issue. Delete Preferences and Caches Verify Integrity of Game Files If you are using any custom graphics such as facepacks, logos and skins please also try removing them. Once you’ve done this, re-launch the game and try again. If it still crashes at exactly the same point, please create a thread on the F
    4. Steam states I need to be online when I’m already online?

Please follow these instructions if you are on a Mac and you get a popup stating "Steam needs to be online to update", even though you are already connected to the internet. - Open Finder. - Click the "Go" menu in the menubar. - Press and hold down the "Option" (Alt) key. - Click the "Library" item in the menu. - Go into the folder named "Application Support" then "Steam". - Delete the file named "registry.vdf"  
    5. The game appears in an unsuitable resolution where I can’t click any buttons, what can I do?

If you launch the game and find you are unable to enter any part of the game due to the game appearing in a strange resolution, please follow the troubleshooting steps below. Delete Preferences and Caches Verify integrity of game files Once you’ve completed these steps change your resolution to ‘More Space’ as shown here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202471 When this is done, launch the game. If you still have issues after this, it may be worth trying to run the game in Windowe
    6. I’m trying to save to the cloud, but there’s no option to do so within the game?

- Make sure that Steam is connected and running Online, and not in Offline mode. - Click on ‘Steam’ from the header and select ‘Settings’   - From the ‘Cloud’ tab make sure ‘Enable SteamCloud synchronization for application which support it’ is ticked
    7. You get a "You can't use this version of the application "fm" with this version of OS X" popup on launch

If you receive this error message, it’s because you’re running an older operating system on your Mac, most likely OS 10.9. You need to have at least OS 10.10 to run Football Manager 2019. It’s free and easy to upgrade, giving you other benefits when doing so. Guidelines on how to do this can be found here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/macos/mojave  Once updated you will now be able to run the game
    8. My Mac Operating System is no longer supported by Steam

From January 1st 2019 Steam will no longer support Mac Operating Systems of 10.10 (Yosemite) or earlier. If you upgrade your operating system (which is free on Mac) you'll be able to log into Steam and continue to play Football Manager. Details on how to upgrade to 10.14 can be found here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/macos/mojave If for whatever reason you can't upgrade to the above as your system is unsupported, you instead can upgrade to OS 10.11 (El Capitan) by following the in
    Sign in to follow this