If you’ve encountered a crash dump whilst continuing or the game processing whilst playing Football Manager 2018 please bear in mind a crash dump is the generic response for any type of crash – deleting the crash dump file will not help. Instead please try the following troubleshooting techniques in order to try and resolve the issue.
Once you’ve done this, re-launch the game and try again.
If it still crashes at exactly the same point, please create a thread on the Football Manager 2018 Technical Issues/Crashes forum with the following information:
- The crash dump file (this file can be located at the following default location: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\crash dumps
- The save game file just before the issue occurs (this file can be located at the following default location: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\games
- The in-game date when the crash occurred
- Whether you’ve used the in-game or pre-game editor
- Whether you’re using any custom files of any sort with the game (so workshop downloads like databases, graphics, views etc)
Once we have the above information we will be able to look into your issue directly and determine what the cause is. The sooner we can determine the cause; the sooner we will be able to provide further assistance to resolve this issue for you.