If you find your save games are not appearing within Football Manager 2018 when attempting to load, but they are appearing in the default file location (C:\Users\>YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\games) it means the .fm file path isn't being added correctly. If you rename the file and add .fm you should now be able to load the save.
In order to stop this happening in the future, you can either remove any controller which is plugged into your system, or disable controllers being used for FM. Details on how to disable can be found below:
- Launch Steam with the controller plugged in and switch to 'Big Picture Mode' (click the controller icon near the top right-hand corner of Steam).
- Once in big picture mode, go to Library and click on FM2018
- From the left panel, select 'Manage Game'
- Listed within the preferences will be 'Controller Options', so within here disable the controller
- Once this is done, confirm your changes and exit Big Picture Mode
Edited by Neil Brock