(This FAQ entry is for users on PC. If you're on a Mac, please read THIS FAQ Entry instead for assistance)
If you receive a crash dump on game launch, please bear in mind a crash dump is the generic response for any type of crash – deleting the crash dump file will not help. There are a few troubleshooting techniques we suggest you undertake in order to get the game running.
Normally a crash dump on game start is related to a system or conflicting error, so we suggest the following steps to be completed in the following order:
- Make sure your Graphics Card drivers and installed and fully up to date
- Check any programs which are known to cause issues with FM and/or Steam
- If running on a laptop with dual graphics cards, make sure they are configured for the correct card to run with FM
- Make sure your Anti-Virus isn’t interfering with Steam or FM as this can cause problems when installing or launching the game
- Make sure your Windows Updates, DirectX and Net Framework are installed and up to date
If you've done all of the above, if you have a Nvidia graphics card please try turning off the in-game overlay. Details on how to do this here - http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4228/~/disabling-the-geforce-experience-share-in-game-overlay
Likewise if you're running Windows 10, try turning off the game bar and see if that helps - http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-3091550/turn-game-bar-windows.html
If you have completed all of the above without being able to resolve your issue, please create a thread within our technical issues/crashes PC sub forum which can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/
Please include as many details as possible and list any troubleshooting techniques you’ve tried already so they can help you in the most efficient way.
Edited by Neil Brock