(This FAQ entry is for users on PC. If you're on a Mac, please read THIS FAQ Entry instead for assistance)
If you receive a crash dump on game launch, please bear in mind a crash dump is the generic response for any type of crash – deleting the crash dump file will not help. There are a few troubleshooting techniques we suggest you undertake in order to get the game running.
Normally a crash dump on game start is related to a system or conflicting error, so we suggest the following steps to be completed in the following order:
- Make sure your Graphics Card drivers and installed and fully up to date
- Check any programs which are known to cause issues with FM and/or Steam
- If running on a laptop with dual graphics cards, make sure they are configured for the correct card to run with FM
- Make sure your Anti-Virus isn’t interfering with Steam or FM as this can cause problems when installing or launching the game
- Make sure your Windows Updates, DirectX and Net Framework are installed and up to date
If you have completed all of the above without being able to resolve your issue, please create a thread within our technical issues/crashes PC sub forum which can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/
Please include as many details as possible and list any troubleshooting techniques you’ve tried already so they can help you in the most efficient way.
Edited by Neil Brock