If you find your game freezes indefinitely or is stuck on a black screen on launch, please do the following:
- Go to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017
- Right-Click on the FM.exe
- Click 'Run as Administrator'
If that doesn't help, move onto the steps below:
If you're running a Nvidia graphics card, try turning off the GeForce Experience in-game overlay as shown here - http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4228/~/disabling-the-geforce-experience-share-in-game-overlay
If that still doesn't work, please continue to the steps below:
- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2017 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: --no_exclusive_fullscreen
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM17 through Steam
This will enable the game to launch in maximum borderless windowed mode and you should no longer encounter the issue.
If this doesn't work, we suggest updating your Direct X and Framework as shown via this clickable link below:
Edited by Neil Brock