Sports Interactive Community
  • PC

14 questions in this category

1. How to Delete my Preferences Folder [PC]

To delete your Preferences Files please do the following: First of all make sure the game is closed before you proceed. For Windows Vista and Windows 7: - Click ‘Start’ - Select ‘Computer’ - From the header, select ‘Organize’ dropdown - Select ‘Folder and Search Options’ - Within here, select the ‘View’ tab and make sure ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders’ is selected - Navigate to C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017 - Delete the
    2. How to Delete my Cache Folder [PC]

In Football Manager 2017 there are two ways of deleting your cache files. The first can be done in game by going to: FM -> Preferences -> Interface Under 'Skin' click the 'Clear Cache' button. When prompted select ‘Yes’. You will now need to restart Football Manager 2017 for these changes to take effect. To delete your cache outside of the game, please follow the instructions as stated for your Operating System: To delete your cache, first make sure the game is closed then p
    3. How to Delete my Editor Cache folder

To delete your cache folder, please do the following: For Windows Vista and Windows 7: - Click ‘Start’ - Select ‘Computer’ - From the header, select ‘Organize’ dropdown - Select ‘Folder and Search Options’ - Within here, select the ‘View’ tab and make sure ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders’ is selected - Navigate to C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2017 - Delete the ‘Cache’ folder For Windows 8 and Windows 10: - Click ‘File Explorer’ from within t
    4. How to Find my system Dxdiag [PC]

For Vista/Window7:  - Go to your Start Menu in the bottom left hand corner - On the bottom left there should be start search area.  - Type in dxdiag then press Enter. - The Dxdiag window should open. You may be prompted to allow dxdiag to check online for digital signatures, for which please click ‘Yes’ - On the bottom portion of the dxdiag window there should be a button that says ‘Save All Information’ - Click this and save the file as a txt document. For Windows 8/Windows 10 -
    5. How to Upload a file to our FTP to be checked [PC]

From time to time, we will ask you to provide us with more information on a particular bug which we will ask you to upload to our public FTP site. We very much recommend using Filezilla to do this: Download the Filezilla FTP Client from HERE (Filezilla is Free Opensource)  Make sure you download the client and NOT the server Once the file has downloaded, use an unzip program to extract the files in the zip into a folder on your hard drive (an example of an unzip program is 'WinRaR
    6. How to find my Belarc file [PC]

The Belarc file contains information about all the programs installed on your system. We can check this internally to make sure there’s no program which could potentially be conflicting with the game.  If requested when troubleshooting, please install Belarc (as shown here - http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html) Once you have downloaded and installed it should automatically compile a report.  Once the report has been generated, within your web browser go to File -> 'Save As' and
    7. How to Uninstall Football Manager 2017 [PC]

Start by uninstalling Football Manager 2017 through Steam: - With Steam under your Library, Right-click on Football Manager 2017 and select “Delete Local Content” Next confirm the removal the Football Manager 2017 Preferences and Cache Folders Windows Vista and Windows 7: - Click "Start" - Select “Computer” - From the header, select “Organize” dropdown - Select Folder and Search Options - Within here, select the “View” tab and make sure Show Hidden Files and Folders is selecte
    8. How to update my Graphics Card Drivers [PC]

The majority of graphics card websites have 'auto-checkers' which can scan your system and find the correct card. They can be found here for the following makes: AMD/ATI - http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/pages/index.aspx Intel - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Nvidia - http://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx?lang=en-us If you have the knowledge, we'd suggest using the manual download and install over the auto-checker, so if you know your exact graphics card make and the OS you are r
    9. How to Uninstall and Reinstall my Graphics Card Drivers [PC]

Uninstall your Graphics card drivers as shown below: For AMD/ATI Drivers – http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...csDrivers.aspx For Intel Drivers – http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034574.htm For nVidia Drivers – http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/IO_13955.html Bear in mind some laptops will have both Intel and an AMD or Nvidia driver, so remember to remove them both before reinstalling. To Reinstall the graphics card drivers, the majority of graphics card websites have 'auto-chec
    10. How to update my Sound Card Drivers [PC]

To update your Sound Card drivers, please visit your system’s manufacturer’s website. Find the make and model of your sound card and go to the Drivers and Downloads section. Once you find the relevant audio driver, download and install it. You may be prompted to restart your system during installation.
    11. How to back up Football Manager files [PC]

All your Football Manager game files can be found in the following location by default: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\ We very much suggest having auto save turned on to weekly or fortnightly with ‘New File for Each Auto Save’ so you always have a recent backup of your save. If you find you have a large number of backup saves, you can manually delete them from the location show above. You can change you auto-save settings via the in-
    12. How to make sure that an Anti-Virus Program isn't interfering with Steam or FM? [PC]

Occasionally due to updates or system configuration, anti-virus programs have been known to interfere with Steam and Football Manager. Because of this, we recommend if you encounter issues, setting up your anti-virus to make sure it is not conflicting with the game. Please add Steam and Football Manager to your exceptions. How to do this will depend on your anti-virus, we very much suggest you searching online on the programs website for details on how to do this. For clarification by defa
    13. How to configure my laptop to run Football Manager with optimal settings [PC]

If you are running the game on a laptop, we suggest running your laptop via the mains so it isn't defaulted into a power saving mode. - Go to your ‘Control Panel’  - Select 'Power Options'  - Select 'Maximum performance' or 'High performance’ (If neither of these options are available click ‘Show additional plans’ to find this option) Nvidia Graphic Cards If your laptop has an Nvidia card, it will most likely also have a secondary Intel card which normally runs in power saving mode. O
    14. How to update my DirectX latest version [PC]

First of all make sure all your Windows Updates are fully installed and completely up to date If you're still having issues do as suggested below: - Go to your System folder located here C:\Windows\System32 - Delete all files beginning d3dx9 and ending in .dll, like those shown below - If you find there are no files of this type within this folder, move onto the next folder as stated below - Go to your System 32 folder located here - C:\Windows\System32 - Again delete al
    Sign in to follow this