To do this via the in-game preferences, follow the instructions below:
- Enter your in-game preferences
- Click the 'Interface' tab
- Within the 'General' panel change the 'Rendering Mode' from 'GPU Assisted' to 'Software'
- Click the 'Confirm' button
If you cannot access your preferences screen you you need to add a command line to the game launch options.
To do this follow the instructions below:
- Go into Steam and right-click on the game.
- Select 'Properties'
- Click 'Set Launch Options...'
- Copy the following into the dialogue box: --ui_rendering_mode=1
To clarify, you can change it by selecting as follows (1=software, 2=gpu)
The next time you launch the game, the rendering mode will be set to your selection above.
Edited by Neil Brock